December 19, 2014 | 1407 users online

Highlighters - NARS - Highlighting Blush Powder in Albatross

rated 3 of 5 on 3/28/2013 1:19:00 AM More reviews by chabelita17

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is nice but not for me. i prefer pink tones for my highlight but this is too yellow and glittery for my liking. i still use it often but it's not what i reach for most of the time. if you're going to use a powder highlighter, might as well try mary loumanizer from theBalm. it's much better for a lower price.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/23/2013 2:02:00 PM More reviews by Avyola

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

I love this highlighter so much! It gives me this healthy glow which just makes me look so bright and awake. When you apply it very lightly it's gorgeous for a normal day to work/ school, but if applied a little bit heavier it is still so beautiful. For me it wins from mac's soft and gentle, although I love that one too.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/18/2013 5:01:00 AM More reviews by sarahcatherine11

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Beautiful highlighter, best I have ever used.
Stays on all day, I can still see it when I remove my make-up, normally blusher is entirely gone.
Highly recommend, worth the price.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/4/2013 7:02:00 AM More reviews by Concord

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have finally found a dupe of my beloved Poudre Blanc Neige, discontinue by Lancome some years ago. Albatross looks slighty whiter in the pan than PBN but the white-gold irridescence is spot on. I apply it with a skunk brush as an homage to Lancome who created the first duo-fibre brush to go with PBN. I use it when my blush looks too matte, I swipe it over lids and my temples blendind down and towards the nose. This is what the Snow Queen would use for bronzer.

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/4/2013 6:39:00 AM More reviews by M1KEY

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I know a lot of people compare this to ELF's gotta glow, however after having and using both religiously there really is no comparison.

Og course the concepts are very similar. They are both stark goldish-white powders that when swatched and applied to the skin leave an ivory gold glow behind.

The BIGGEST difference is the texture and the way they sit on the skin and even the way the powders look in the pan.

Albatross is an extremely creamy, iridescent, satiny powder to the touch and in the pan. The texture is extremely refined and I've never ever experience fallout or powderiness with this product. Swept on the cheek it leaves a gold glow and it's looks amazing! If you apply a liquid highlighter of the same vain first and then sweep this on it intensifies the look.

ELF is very powdery and chalky. When you apply a brush in the pan powder will literally fall out and fly everywhere!!!!! and the worst thing is the finish it leaves on the cheek.

From 5 feet away it looks alright. Upon closer inspection it literally just leaves you with pieces of gold glitter all over where you applied. Even when looking at it in the pan you can see the difference between the two. ELF sparkles, and glitters, and shimmers and NARS just looks buttery and satiny.

To me the biggest difference is the glitter in the elf one. It looks extremely juvenile and like you just rubbed gold shimmer all over your cheeks.

Not a fan! Get the Nars one!

10 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 3/1/2013 3:19:00 PM More reviews by puttay

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Blue

One of my favorite products, I use it everyday!

Gives a nice luminous glow!

It gives a subtle white-goldish sheen with just the right amount of smoothness!

Usually I don't do well with yellow products as I am very pale with pink undertones, but with a bronzer (I use Laguna) and a peach/pink blush it looks super nice!

At first I only used it on my cheekbones, then I started using it on my lips, now I also use it on my brow bone, the corners of my eyes and my nose bone - and now pretty much all the bone in my face is covered in this sparkly godness!

The only people I would advice not to use it are people with wrinkly/flakey/acne covered skin, as it will make it even more noticeable! Or maybe advice them just to use it on their smooth features :)

I would also advice people with pink undertones to combine it with another "warm" product (like I do) to make it blend better! Otherwise go for a highlighter with pink undertones (I recommend benefits)

But for me as far as highlighters go, I dont think it gets any better than this <3

rated 4 of 5 on 2/20/2013 5:32:00 PM More reviews by Pinkqt

This is a lovely gold highlighter even though it looks white in the pan. I contoured my face with MAC harmony and used this to highlight for a fall wedding and I got tons of compliments! Gives your face a gold sheen which looks beautiful on olive skin. It has gold shimmer but it's only visible if you look really closely at the cheeks. I wouldn't use this as an all over face highlighter because of the shimmer but it's beautiful on the cheeks and inner corner of the eye. It looks a lot like my Oyster eyeshadow by Smashbox. I wouldn't buy this again just because I want to try Lorac Spotlight next!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/31/2013 11:37:00 AM More reviews by Hillarryyy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love this highlighter. I personally like my highlighters to be fairly shimmery and super glowy. This brought my face to life. I did not find it to be yellowy at all. I use it on my cheeks, cupids bow, brow bone and the inner corners of my eyes and it just looks amazing. Very smooth texture.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/29/2013 4:19:00 PM More reviews by sfbond

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

What can I say about this HG product. I've been searching high and low for a powder highlighter. I'm an NW45 and have been attempting to really try my hand at highlighting my features. I've used MAC Gold Deposit (to chunky), MAC Loose Powder in Golden Bronze (to bright). I just wanted a nice warm glow. I saw this powder online and said no way I can wear something this light. OMG I glow. I actually glow. You don't need much to achieve it either. A barely there dusting and I glow. I have oily skin and cream/liquid highlighters slide right off my face. But this has stuck most of the day. If I was heading out later I would probably need a quick dusting at a minimum. My daughter who is close to NW20 couldn't get this to show up much of anything on her skin. So not sure how it would work for my lighter sisters. I'll save the MAC for girls night out!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/22/2013 4:36:00 AM More reviews by rosiealice

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

When I saw images of this product online, I could not understand what all the hype was about. Once I'd purchased the 'Joie de Vivre' palette (which it came in) I thought I'd give it a shot, and I instantly fell in love! This highlighter is so finely milled, and with one small swipe you'll have enough on your brush to sweep across your cheek bones. The white/gold sheen is what I'd imagine pixie dust to be (as lame as that sounds...) but that's what it brings to mind :) Yes, like all other Nars products it's a little pricey, but you won't regret making the splurge, I guarantee it!