November 23, 2014 | 1905 users online

Lipstick - MAC - Viva Glam VI

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 3/24/2008 3:24:00 PM More reviews by jennybee71

I have used this for some time, and find it to be my favorite of all the Viva Glam colors. It's got enough red it in to pack a punch, but it's softened w/ plum/terracotta/brown/pink undertones -- sounds crazy, but it's a beautiful concoction! I especially love wearing this with only minimal other makeup since the color is really a standout. I wore MAC 3D for years and found this to be a nice change from that but still sort of in the same family. How nice, too, that the proceeds go toward a cure for HIV -- definitely a re-purchase for me!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/13/2008 11:01:00 PM More reviews by asian_vixen

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I am not a lipstick fan, i prefer wearing gloss over my lips because lipsticks can leave my lips dry. the i only lipstick i use is clinique black honey. for some reason, this one caught my eye and it looked plummy brown on the tube but it applies lightly and looks like a reddish-brown hue on my lips, which almost looks like a balm/gloss on. its a great day/night lipstick, very classy color. it actually resembles the clinique black honey when i apply it to my lips, but the black honey is a little redder and this one is mauvier. i have been grabbing this one more over the other lip products lately. a little pricey but if it goes to the aids foundation, i'm all for it! for skin tone reference, i'm NC 35, use Sand in Estee Lauder. UPDATE: have given up on lipsticks as it seems to bleed, make my lips super dry and make me look a bit older... stuck with Clinique Superbalm glosses... especially Ginger and Black Honey :)

rated 4 of 5 on 3/13/2008 3:50:00 PM More reviews by lovesShadow

I love the color of this l/s as it compliments the rest of my everyday make-up. i do find it a little drying but the color is great so I would definitely re-purchase. I wear it often enough that I'm sure it will ran out soon.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/27/2008 9:41:00 AM More reviews by MamaNicole

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I went to the MAC counter looking for an everyday, sophisticated, go-to lipstick that didn't require much thought. This is what the MAC SA suggested, and it's perfect! I'm NC25, cool w/ yellow undertones, hazel eyes, dark brown hair. The MAC website claims this is a 'warm terra cotta plum fusion' (whatever that means). It is a Luster formula, meaning it's a little more sheer than a regular matte lipstick, which I prefer. I only knocked one lippie off for its staying power, as it has almost none.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/29/2008 12:18:00 AM More reviews by sanckensmom

I like this color. This is a very everyday, daytime color for me...It wears off in no time...I love how it looks at first, but like all the lustres I buy, seems 30 minutes later, they are gone and time to reaply. I wish I could find this bronzy berry color in a longer lasting lipstick finish..then I would be in heaven...I would still rebuy this lipstick until I find something that last longer on my lips.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/27/2008 1:46:00 PM More reviews by Connie11

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

A beautiful wearable red. This red is not too much for me, and I am pretty fair (NC15). I also love the formulation. It is creamy and moisturizing. I don't wear a lipliner with this one, since I think it gives it a softer look. This is more natural looking and has less berry tones than Sophisto. UPDATE: I actually started wearing a liner with this, and love that look also! I love wearing it with my MAC Quartz liner (I think MAC discontinued Quartz however).
This color definitely is going to give different looks based on your skintone. Since I am so fair, it's such a nice "red lips" look for me! Love it!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/26/2008 6:24:00 PM More reviews by bangernosh

I am not a huge fan of MAC products, however I would repurchase this one, that is if I ever use up all of my lip products. This is a beautiful plummy color with enough brown in it to flatter my warm complexion (NC 30), brown eyes, hair changes frequently. The staying power is not all that great but I don't mind reapplying lipsticks and it's moisturizing enough for me. I really like this color especially for the fall and winter, it's not an over the top color(I am mainly a neutrals gal). I find a lot of MAC colors to be too "muddy" for me but this one is an exception. It is quite a little gem.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/14/2008 12:14:00 PM More reviews by graceiscool06x

My grandma bought this for me for XMAS. I wanted a lipstick because I felt I wanted to be more sophisticated make-up wise. I love that all the proceeds go to AIDS research! I knwo it sounds bad but it makes me feel like I am doign good while getting something i need/want. The color is a little dramatic on me but I think it looks sexy with a smoky eye or toned down champagne colored eye. Now I want to get Viva Glam Lipglass!!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/14/2008 5:52:00 AM More reviews by tadeusz

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This l/s sat in the back of my drawer for a while before I finally figured out how to make it work for me. With a red or nude l/l I can sheer this to a wearable pinky-brown color or amp it up to a deeper brown-red. A lip brush is essential. I would not buy this shade again, however, because I don't love it as much as my other MAC shades.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/2/2008 5:52:00 PM More reviews by cete

A very sexy red. Like a pearlescent finish, with some coppery sparkles, but not so much that you lose the sense of reeeddddddddd. A hot, foxy colour, for when you are on the prowl. Sadly, I find this finish a little drying, so my hand doesn't often gravitate towards this tube.