September 22, 2014 | 1770 users online

Lipstick - MAC - Viva Glam VI

image 0image 1image 2

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/13/2008 11:01:00 PM More reviews by asian_vixen

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I am not a lipstick fan, i prefer wearing gloss over my lips because lipsticks can leave my lips dry. the i only lipstick i use is clinique black honey. for some reason, this one caught my eye and it looked plummy brown on the tube but it applies lightly and looks like a reddish-brown hue on my lips, which almost looks like a balm/gloss on. its a great day/night lipstick, very classy color. it actually resembles the clinique black honey when i apply it to my lips, but the black honey is a little redder and this one is mauvier. i have been grabbing this one more over the other lip products lately. a little pricey but if it goes to the aids foundation, i'm all for it! for skin tone reference, i'm NC 35, use Sand in Estee Lauder. UPDATE: have given up on lipsticks as it seems to bleed, make my lips super dry and make me look a bit older... stuck with Clinique Superbalm glosses... especially Ginger and Black Honey :)

rated 4 of 5 on 3/13/2008 3:50:00 PM More reviews by lovesShadow

I love the color of this l/s as it compliments the rest of my everyday make-up. i do find it a little drying but the color is great so I would definitely re-purchase. I wear it often enough that I'm sure it will ran out soon.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/27/2008 9:41:00 AM More reviews by MamaNicole

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I went to the MAC counter looking for an everyday, sophisticated, go-to lipstick that didn't require much thought. This is what the MAC SA suggested, and it's perfect! I'm NC25, cool w/ yellow undertones, hazel eyes, dark brown hair. The MAC website claims this is a 'warm terra cotta plum fusion' (whatever that means). It is a Luster formula, meaning it's a little more sheer than a regular matte lipstick, which I prefer. I only knocked one lippie off for its staying power, as it has almost none.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/29/2008 12:18:00 AM More reviews by sanckensmom

I like this color. This is a very everyday, daytime color for me...It wears off in no time...I love how it looks at first, but like all the lustres I buy, seems 30 minutes later, they are gone and time to reaply. I wish I could find this bronzy berry color in a longer lasting lipstick finish..then I would be in heaven...I would still rebuy this lipstick until I find something that last longer on my lips.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/27/2008 1:46:00 PM More reviews by Connie11

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

A beautiful wearable red. This red is not too much for me, and I am pretty fair (NC15). I also love the formulation. It is creamy and moisturizing. I don't wear a lipliner with this one, since I think it gives it a softer look. This is more natural looking and has less berry tones than Sophisto. UPDATE: I actually started wearing a liner with this, and love that look also! I love wearing it with my MAC Quartz liner (I think MAC discontinued Quartz however).
This color definitely is going to give different looks based on your skintone. Since I am so fair, it's such a nice "red lips" look for me! Love it!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/26/2008 6:24:00 PM More reviews by bangernosh

I am not a huge fan of MAC products, however I would repurchase this one, that is if I ever use up all of my lip products. This is a beautiful plummy color with enough brown in it to flatter my warm complexion (NC 30), brown eyes, hair changes frequently. The staying power is not all that great but I don't mind reapplying lipsticks and it's moisturizing enough for me. I really like this color especially for the fall and winter, it's not an over the top color(I am mainly a neutrals gal). I find a lot of MAC colors to be too "muddy" for me but this one is an exception. It is quite a little gem.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/14/2008 12:14:00 PM More reviews by graceiscool06x

My grandma bought this for me for XMAS. I wanted a lipstick because I felt I wanted to be more sophisticated make-up wise. I love that all the proceeds go to AIDS research! I knwo it sounds bad but it makes me feel like I am doign good while getting something i need/want. The color is a little dramatic on me but I think it looks sexy with a smoky eye or toned down champagne colored eye. Now I want to get Viva Glam Lipglass!!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/14/2008 5:52:00 AM More reviews by tadeusz

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This l/s sat in the back of my drawer for a while before I finally figured out how to make it work for me. With a red or nude l/l I can sheer this to a wearable pinky-brown color or amp it up to a deeper brown-red. A lip brush is essential. I would not buy this shade again, however, because I don't love it as much as my other MAC shades.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/2/2008 5:52:00 PM More reviews by cete

A very sexy red. Like a pearlescent finish, with some coppery sparkles, but not so much that you lose the sense of reeeddddddddd. A hot, foxy colour, for when you are on the prowl. Sadly, I find this finish a little drying, so my hand doesn't often gravitate towards this tube.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/23/2007 8:25:00 AM More reviews by grenadine_00

An unobtrusive rosy beige, this l/s complements yellow-based complexions(as a reviewer noted below) and a perfect counterpoint to the season's smokey eyes. Never could wear nudes as these washed me out(e.g. Viva Glam V, Nars' Dolce Vita). Perfect for the office as well. Usually prefer reds/plums but will reach for this quieter option on occasion. This may very well be my only "nude" l/s. Moisturizing and hence, not great staying power. However, proceeds go to charity! Makeup for a better world, indeed.