Extra Virgin Coconut Oil

Extra-virgin coconut oil.

on 6/10/2014 10:13:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Deep Dark, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

HOLY GRAIL product I use it for a number of things I use it on my hair, I also mix it in with my conditioner for deep conditioning it can feel heavy on the hair though especially if you have fine hair like I do and like to stretch out the time between washes I have very long hair (waist length) and frequent washing causes breakage for me but it really does add shine to dark hair and makes hair thicker. Because of its antibacterial properties its excellent as shaving cream and prevents ingrown hairs. I also slap some coconut oil all over my body before I exfoliate my skin. I tried using this as a make up remover at first it made my skin so soft and it was wonderful because it even removes water proof mascara but within a week it clogged my pores and I broke out :( still a great product though just don't use it on my face or neck because of acne. I have gone through countless jars of it and will never be without it

update coconut oil started to make my hair feel like straw apparently its supposed stop protein loss in hair well my hair was getting crunchy from too much protein this exasperated the problem.
it doesn't moisturise my body skin much and gives my face skin acne strange story but Iv used this to get rid of a bad case of thrush nothing else worked!! sorry if this is TMI but I just put a scoop of coconut oil inside of down there literally the next day the itchiness was gone. Coconut oil is suppose to have great anti bacterial properties.
I have a sneaking suspicion that my eczema hasn't resurfaced in over 12 months because I use this constantly.
how i use it now is I mix it in with other oils and shea butter to create a lotion consistency this works on my skin and hair really well.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I'm part Indian, so I grew up using coconut oil for everything, including cooking.
I use CO as a lotion, in my hair, for oil pulling, for everything.
It makes me hair and skin so soft and shiny....
I even use it to take off my eye makeup.

on 5/26/2014 11:16:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Terrible mistake, never again. It wont wash out of my hair. Stylist put loads of coconut oil to WET hair. Now its stuck. What can i do? Washing wont help. Hair is ruined.

on 5/19/2014 9:55:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

LOVE LOVE LOVE. I purchased a huge jar of this at costco for only $20, and it lasts forever. The main reason I bought mine is for my dry hair, I warm up a small amount in the microwave then put it in my dry hair and sleep with it in overnight, when I rinse it out in the morning my hair not only smells fantastic but is so soft and visibly better looking. The great thing about this is that it has hundreds of uses. I will never go without this product again!

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Hair Review: Better than any deep conditioning mask you can buy! Put it on your hair and wait all day to wash out, or sleep with it in (with a plastic cap obviously) and shampoo it out in the morning, makes an amazing difference in your hair and is the BEST oil for hair.

Skin review: Horrible, makes me break out, feels oily and disgusting!

on 5/6/2014 10:15:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I love coconut oil! It's really a product that you can use everywhere! I use it to remove my makeup, to moisturize my body, to moisturize my face and my lips, to tame fly away hair and to tame split ends.

I also use it for oil pulling, to help with my KP (Keratosis Pilaris) and it's helping. It's not enough, I need to use a BHA too but I think it helps.

on 5/5/2014 8:43:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Coconut oil is amazing! It can be used for so many things: Dry skin, cleanser, makeup remover, moisturizer, body cream, cooking food, chapped lips and even for growing eyelashes and eyebrows! I remove my mascara with this, it is a much healthier way and prevents my eyelashes falling out, it also lengthens my eyelashes really well! My eyelashes are sooo much longer and curlier now I apply this every night. Another thing is, it really helps dry skin and one tub lasts for ages.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Coconut oil is always in my house since I first discovered it four years ago. I use it for hair, makeup remover, moisturizer for body, targeted wrinkle moisturizer and its a fine replacement for a personal lubricant or a vaginal moisturizer. Due to its antibacterial and antifungal properties I have no misgivings using it for the health of my lady parts. To keep everything top top I apply several times a week before I climb into bed. Used to be my little secret---now you know...lol I also take coconut oil orally to keep infections and yeast overgrowth in my body at bay as well give the metabolism a little boost. I would never be without this as its replaced many products I previously used with something completely natural.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I have dry skin, and i do get pimples every now and then. I put this product on as a night time moisturizer. It gets rid of any pimples I have, hydrates my skin, and makes my skin feel very soft.

This product is a freaking miracle.

Just to mention, I do not use this everyday. I use it as a treatment. If i overuse it as a moisturizer, it will clog the pores. Use this product only when needed. Do not put this into your daily skin care routine.

If you follow that last tip, this product will work wonders...unless you have a coconut allergy.

Edit: I'm also putting this in my bathtub for a bath oil. My water is pretty hard on my skin. This oil has become an amazing product for my body.

I have really unrully thick coarse color treated hair.. It needs some serious TLC sometimes. I stumbled upon a cocnut oil mask on youtube one day. I am in LOVE! Just a little extra virgin cocnut oil and rosemary oil slather it all over your hair paying close attention to the ends.. Only a little it needed on the roots.. Leave it in for a few hours and wash out... OMG.. My hair has never felt so soft and silky. This stuff is a miracle. After reading some of these reviews I am definitely going to try out some of the other uses... Great multi use product.. I'll always have some of this around.