July 31, 2014 | 1619 users online

Fragrances - Elizabeth Arden - With Love by Hilary Duff

rated 2 of 5 on 7/6/2010 6:18:00 PM More reviews by ariana100

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I tested this today because I heard it smelled very spicy and oriental. UGH this smelled very odd to me, not spicy or oriental. I'm happy I tested it out and didn't just impulse buy. Maybe it was just my body chemistry but it just stunk IMHO.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/5/2010 7:20:00 PM More reviews by Chickadee

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

The bottle is beautiful. When this came out Britney Spears' Curious and some other celeb/performer/personality scents were really popular, and this was like the antidote to all those. It was a guilty pleasure for many, who didn't want to admit that this was associated with a popster like Hilary Duff, who I personally dislike. Not to mention that she came out with a song and video in which she sprays the perfume on herself. Shameless self-promotion! Anyway, I really liked this when it came out and had the lotion also. But for some reason, I can't wear it now. The cedar note is too strong and I feel like I smell like a hope chest. Supposedly body chemistry changes after you have children, so that could be it. But I will say that nothing else I own even comes close to smelling like this. It's a true original.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/5/2010 5:12:00 PM More reviews by slone76

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

If you like vanilla, musk, and a sweet smell this is for you. It was researched by Ms. Duff, and she states that she actually tested this, and help create this perfume, and that you can tell. It is not for someone that is teeny weenie itty bitty bikini like, but rather for someone that likes subtle not boring scents. It seems to be an older smelling perfume, even though I think it was geared toward the older tween age...which for me is grande.
I tend to like complex vanilla and musk oriental perfumes, so this is "light" in comparison to the original Poison that I wear. I always get compliments that are genuine, and not the type where people are coughing and running away (think Angel)! lol;p! I always carry perfume in my purse to school, and kids even though they are young are pretty honest about smells, they frequently tell each other they smell..lol, so when I wear this the grown-ups and students do make positive comments.
If you like BBW Sensual Amber, Warm Vanilla Sugar, and some sweet fruits (don't think apples think passion fruit, papaya, guava.) this is something that you will enjoy! It is musky, vanilla, amber, and sweet wrapped into one great scent. Another scent you might want to try is Diamonds Intense by Emporio Armani, there are some similiarities. And the DI is heavier, just thought I would send you another great fragrance recommendation.

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/5/2010 4:59:00 PM More reviews by Flo422

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

*** EDIT : I returned this, after all. I was not really wearing it so I guess I didn't like it as much as I thought I did.

----

I like this because it smells REALLY weird. The scent really grew on me because at first, I hated it. I had seen this perfume for dirt cheap at multiple places but there was never a display so I didn't know what it smelled like. When I finally was able to try it on, I though it smelled disgustingly spicy - something like burnt caramel. I kept shopping and couldn't stop smelling it on my wrist. I couldn't figure out what it smelled like at all or if I liked it or not. Later that night, I was still uncertain about this perfume. When I encountered it later on, I couldn't resist and I bought it. It's not my favorite perfume by any means, but it's an intriguing perfume that I enjoy wearing sometimes, just because it's so different from anything else.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/4/2010 1:12:00 AM More reviews by entreprentice

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This was the first "nice" perfume I got and the only one I've had for a few years now and still have not gotten sick of it. I lost the cap which was the only bummer but it doesn't go off when I carry it in my purse. I am about half way through a little goes a long way since it's an eau de parfum. I got this for $16 at TJ Maxx.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/3/2010 3:50:00 PM More reviews by shinewin

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I just love the bottle so I cave in and bought this. It's a little too sweet for me since it has lychee as one of the scent ingredients. I should of had done my research first before I bought it. I was in a hurry at the time.
Anyways, I have this up for swap, but if no one take it then I will eventually end up using it if I have no other fragrances. It's not a bad smell, I love it but just too sweet maybe I can combine it with another scent.
I am allergic to certian fragrance's scents, but I I mostly prefer floral over fruit or food. There's some fragrances that as soon as i smell it I start sneezing right away. Some example of scents I like are waterlily, lavendar, freesia, amber, jasmine, vanilla, orchid, and patchouli. Some that I dont like are grapefruit, passion fruit, pear, apple, anis, orange, peach, and strawberry. But usually it depends on how they are mix and the proportion they use.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/27/2010 4:24:00 AM More reviews by barbiepink

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

A friend of mine owns this fragrance titled "With Love" by Hilary Duff and I absolutely dislike its scent. It smells very "old lady" like without a hint of sugary/vanilla smell or floral, VERY strong and heavy formula. In fact, I had one of my guy friends tell the poor doll to change perfume. The bottle has a lovely design, but the smell is a no no for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/7/2010 8:06:00 PM More reviews by thebeckster07

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Okay, so one day a few years ago I was accosted by a perfume sales woman who was attempting to pawn off a new perfume by Hilary Duff on me. I said no thank you and walked off. I figured it would smell too sweet, like most other celeb scents. I continued on with life until I saw a pretty unmarked bottle at a perfume counter a few months later. I was sniffing perfume trying to kill time, and I sniffed this perfume and fell in love. I couldn't find a display and I asked the saleswoman who made it. She told me it was Hilary Duff and I about died.

This stuff smells SO amazing! I love musky, warm scents, and this really fits the bill for me. I also like that the bottle is pretty and not tacky. At least its less embarrassing because people don't know that its by Hilary Duff. Ha! Keep your eyes peeled at TJ Maxx or Ross for this stuff - they usually have it cheap! $10-$20 depending on how big the bottle is or if it comes in a gift set.

***PS- I am super sensitive to smells. I have gotten terrible headaches and thrown up after wearing certain perfumes all day. This perfume isn't so sweet that it makes me sick. I always receive compliments because it wears beautifully on me. :)

rated 5 of 5 on 5/28/2010 5:59:00 PM More reviews by kdm1

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This has a beautiful bottle. The fragrance is fantastic, not what I expect from a celebrity. TJ Maxx had a 3.4 oz. bottle for $10.00. Yep, that's right. I hope they are not discontinuing this because it is a nice fragrance. It smells expensive.
It is a winner!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/27/2010 9:34:00 AM More reviews by fivezero

Oh yum, I really like this! It's supposed to have mangosteen as a note; I'm not sure I can smell exactly, that but Wrapped with Love is a soft fruity-floral (more fruit than floral, I think) that doesn't beat you over the head with syrupy sweetness. It's woody and amber-y in the drydown, and I definitely get a milkiness as well, which I love. It certainly suits girls in their teens and early-twenties--I assume this is the target market--but I feel it works well for me, too (early thirties). It's sweet but not in a cloying way. Lasting power is quite good, about 4-5 hours on me. I also adore the bottle and the box design, they're too pretty! Hilary Duff...who knew? I got the 50mL bottle for under CA$25--I would certainly buy it again even at twice that price.