Yves Saint Laurent Perfect Touch Radiant Brush Foundation

3.9

Cyclomethicone, Water, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Peg-9 Polydimethylsiloxyethyl Dimethicone, Pentylene Glycol, Sodium Chloride, Quaternium-18 Hectorite, Cetyl Peg/Ppg-10/1 Dimethicone, Hexyl Laurate, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, HDI/Trimethylol Hexyllactone Crosspolymer, Hexylene Glycol, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Glycerin, Phenoxyethanol, Propylene Carbonate, Polyvinylalcohol Crosspolymer, C9-13 Fluoroalcohol, Phosphoric Acid, Porphyra Umbilicalis Extract, Fructose, Glucose, Caprylyl Glycol, Fragrance, Tocopheryl Acetate, Methylparaben, Trisodium EDTA, Hydrolyzed Lupine Protein, Castanea Sativa (Chesnut) Seed Extract, Octenyl Succinic Anhydride, Polydodecanamideaminium Triazadiphenylethenesulfonate, Silica, Butylparaben, Ethylparaben, Alanine, Sodium Hyaluronate, Urea, Propylparaben, Isobutylparaben, Aspartic Acid, Glutamic Acid, Larix Europea Wood Extract. [ /- May Contain: Ci 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), Ci 77492 (Iron Oxide), Ci 77491 (Iron Oxide), Ci 77499 (Iron Oxide), Ci 75470 (Carmine), Ci 77007 (Ultramarines), Ci 77019 (Mica), Ci 77510 (Ferric Ferrocyanide), Ci 77742 (Manganese Violet)].

on 10/15/2009 10:27:00 AM

I'm very fair, thus my choice of foundation is always limited, as usually even the lightest shades don't even come close to my skintone. But Perfect Touch in 1 Ivory works for me. It is a very natural shade - not to pink, orange or ghostly white. The coverage is indeed medium and I use my ArtDeco Perfect Teint concealer under my eyes and on the wings of my nose as I have rosacea. This foundation provides somewhat more coverage than Givenchy Subli'mine that I previously used, whilie giving similar "smooth skin glowing from within" effect, as opposite of "made up" effect. Call me weird, but I actually consider applying with the built-in brush an easy, clean and economic way of doing make up. I agree with the statement that this foundation lasts for about 5 hours, but I need to use matifying base on my T-zone and use blotting paper at least once - I don't use setting powder as I yet need to find one that works for me. As expected with foundation that is targeted at dry skin, I find it great at moisturizing dehydrated skin and this is my winter foundation, as I tend to use powder foundation in high summer. What is also great is the fact that it doesn't darken or oxydize, even one bit! YSL claims they used coated pigments to formulate it, and I'm a living proof this works (and most foundations oxydize on my skin a lot). The color stays true till the end, before it somehow vanishes. No setting into pores, getting blotchy, or smearing with this one. In the evening when I remove my make up, I don't get even a hint of foundation on my cleansing pad - I don't know how it vanishes, but it really does. What is truly amazing, it doesn't break me out, and usually liquid foundations are too heavy on my sensitive skin. When it comes to price, it is significantly cheaper than than Givenchy Subli'mine when I consider how much product I get (40 ml vs. 25 ml).

on 9/5/2009 10:51:00 AM

I liked the watermelon scent! It was always a pleasure to apply and made my skin feel totally comfortable if it was slightly dry that day. It seemed a little thick when it was on, making it quite tricky to blend onto my jawline. A sheer to medium coverage meant that i still had to apply an undereye highlighter and any concealer to blemishes that showed through the formula.

Probably won't buy again as it is pricey and the brush needs regular cleaning to avoid harbouring bacteria.

on 9/2/2009 7:13:00 AM

I love this product! I was searching for perfect foundation for some time, tried to save money and went through the whole range of supermarket and pharmacy range, and spent 20 times that price of that one Olay and ect. My search is over now! This product makes my fair, dry sensitive skin flawless, full stop! And with a bit of the concealer I look like a model on that advertisement picture. My face is totally touchable and not cakey at all, tough I do not have any wrinkles yet. So dry skin 30-40, dig in, but make sure you use that primer they advise with it, I suppose it is a half of success recipe. However that brush is a bizarre, but it is small price for looking flawless at 35.

on 8/28/2009 8:20:00 PM

I have been looking for a foundation that would provide good coverage (not masking blemishes, but not, not concealing them at all), not look orange, and I am not particulary fair skinned, and also not cause breakouts (fairly sensitive skin). I have given up on cheaper foundations due to the fact they seem to cause at least one, if not all, of the above issues.

This Perfect touch foundation (shade 4) minimised a greasy effect through my t-zone, does not aggrevate my skin, gives me a natural flawless complexion, and make my skin feel incredibly smooth. While it doesn't last for 8 hrs I get a good 5 out of it and normally I am wearing it when I am going out somewhere special at night
so it is more for creating an illusion for me rahter than all day work wear. I highly recommend this product althought the packaging is a downside I find squeezing it on the back of my hand and applying with fingers (for thicker concealing) and a sponge or foundation brush (for the rest) works wonderfully. At $82 aus it is the best investment I have ever made for my skin!!

on 8/14/2009 5:15:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium

This foundation just did not work out great for me. I used it upon 1 application and have not touch it since then. I do have oily skin and this foundation contributed more shine. I also had problems with the brush. It is a bit small and does not apply the foundation as evenly as it should. A bit messy. Also - I am loving my Guerlain foundations so much that this foundation did not impress me enough for me to even fuss around and try to figure it out.

on 8/10/2009 1:39:00 AM

I have this in shade 9 and its a near perfect match, I have great skin so I don't need much coverage. I quite like this foundation, its really moisturising and light and leaves me with a (cliche I know) "lit from within" glow, but it isn't glittery like other glow enhancing foundations like Revlons Skinlights. The cons? It doesnt last all day with me and I ALWAYS use YSLs Flash Radiance beforehand, but for the time that it does last, its amazing. The brush is bleh, but I just get the product onto the back of my hand and stipple with my MAC 187 and the effect is flawless, glowing baby skin. I would repurchase, but Im also looking around for something that gives the same sort of effect, for less cash, less hassle and more product. This isn't HG material yet....but its pretty damn close

on 8/7/2009 2:39:00 PM

I will soon be buying this product again. I found that it was light moisturising and definately felt that it gave my skin a glow. I think that they could possibly improve on the brush for this prodcut but the actual foundation itself I thought was pretty good!

on 8/3/2009 7:40:00 PM

product was OK at best. . . i mean, it looked ok on and its fair shade really was a decent match, however its glow soon turned to grease and its perfection soon turned to patchy. . . its consistency was all wrong and it was overpoweringly scented. . . gave it away after a fortnight x

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I LOVE this foundation. I am a Shade 5 on this product and it matches my skin perfectly and leaves it flawless. It does, as it says, leaves me with the 'radiance of baby skin'. Although I found the brush applicator really easy to use, I had to remove the brush applicator after a couple of days because I'm a germ freak (The brush is really unhygienic). The packaging of the foundation could have been better. Especially if the foundation came in a dispenser bottle or something like that. So obviously the packaging was a let down. I also noticed that lots of the people thought this foundation was expensive, I didn't think that at all. I think it's a reasonable price for good quality foundation, except for the packaging. I would buy this product again, purely because the foundation is perfect for me, but still I'd have to remove the brush applicator and use my own brush.

on 7/30/2009 10:01:00 AM

Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure

the brush application is totally uneccesary and needs a lot of attention to clean it regularly. i'd rather it comes in a pump. the coverage is sheer but not covering very well for me. i will start shopping around for another fondation soon....