October 25, 2014 | 1888 users online

Pressed Powders - MAC - Mineralize Skinfinish Natural - Medium

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/4/2013 9:50:00 AM More reviews by mariella99

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I've had this mineralized pressed powder for several years. I don't use it often but when I do, I'm always pleased with the results. Lately, I've been using it overtop my BB creams when I feel in need of a bit more coverage and the results are always good. It's a good finishing powder too (though I prefer Prep+Prime or other white/colourless finishing powders) and also great for a quick dusting over moisturizer when you're rushing out the door and don't have time to apply "makeup" but want to look a bit more finished and polished than your bare face might be. I think this is a product I will always have on hand and repurchase. It would be nice if the case included a mirror.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/3/2013 9:27:00 PM More reviews by kyliechester

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I am on my second pan of Skinfinish Natural and I absolutely love it. I hated powders and didn't use one for years despite my T-zones oily tendencies. I picked this up on a whim about a year and a half ago and cannot begin to explain how much I love it. Applied on top of foundation or tinted moisturizer it sets the product without sucking the glow out of your skin and making it look powdery and cakey. It's also great on its own if you're short on time. I just apply my Benefit Boi-ing concealer and then dust Skinfinish all over my face and it minimizes redness and unevenness. It's kind of pricey but it lasts forever so its worth it to me!

rated 1 of 5 on 4/3/2013 4:27:00 AM More reviews by hellokatieeeeee

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I tried this out because everyone raved about this product....but I was so disappointed. NOt only did it cause me to break out, it made my face look so cakey and fake. Although it claims to be a light finishing powder, it felt so heavy and I just did not like it at all. I don't understand the hype. There are so many better powders out there.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/28/2013 10:44:00 PM More reviews by BeautyLove02

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I was shocked by how much I liked this. Usually I go for very matte powders with full coverage and I think this is more natural looking. I apply with a stippling brush for natural light coverage or a kabuki brush for fuller coverage and I love the results! I use as a setting powder but it also looks good on its own as a foundation over moisturizer. I would recommend this to a friend. Five lippies!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/22/2013 11:17:00 AM More reviews by jinglingjambo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I really like this compact and use it every day. It hasn't blown me away purely because it doesn't photograph well so it requires a lot of bronzer if I'm going out.

The product itself is very good quality, the powder if silky and light without looking chalky. I like that this powder doesn't cling to flakey areas (usually where I've had a spot) and is a good balance for my skin as some powders look so matte and dry and some aren't strong enough for my oily skin that eats it all up. This sets your make-up well and lasts. I do need to blot later in the day but my powder is intact throughout the day. Love!

The colour pay-off is medium to full coverage in my opinion (I use a big kabuki brush to apply this) and matches my skin very nicely.

I've put a 3 for the packaging because this is so messy! I'm so careful with it but it's so light it goes everywhere, huff. BUT, there is so much in this compact, MAC must've been feeling very generous! This also means the pricetag is really fair considering the amount and quality.

I think using Skinfinish Natural and Blot Powder gives you fab skin which is saying a lot when I hate my acne-prone, oily, red skin. :(

rated 5 of 5 on 3/20/2013 11:43:00 PM More reviews by MakeupAlleyJunkie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really love this powder. It looks so natural yet flawless on the skin. I also love how spectacular it looks in pictures. I set my foundation with this powder and it literally makes it last all day long. I did my foundation and set it with this powder one morning. I was busy all day long and ended up falling asleep with my makeup on. I woke up the next morning and my foundation still looked flawless. I was in awe. Sadly this product is too expensive for me to wear every single day. I like to wear it on special occasions or when I know photos of me will be taken. Overall this powder is one of the best powders ever and I will definitely be re purchasing.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/16/2013 1:34:00 PM More reviews by FaceofMaleah

I am incredibly underwhelmed by this powder- I don't like it at all. I always hear people raving and raving about how natural it looks and that it won't take away from the finish of your foundation- the whole works- and this just NEVER ever looks natural. I was surprised by how incredibly powdery it was. I mean I know its a powder but it wasn't velvety and smooth, it was just so chalky and no matter how many times I tap the excess of my brush it just leaves way too much powder on my face and makes my face so matte. I just really genuinely dislike this powder and will never repurchase it. MAC face products are SO overrated.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/10/2013 10:40:00 PM More reviews by Abrazilia

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this product after i saw the review,and then what happened to me now i am getting big pimples.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/9/2013 7:28:00 PM More reviews by eashworth

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I'm so happy that I discovered this powder! Before I was using Everyday Minerals foundation for years. I liked it but it seemed like too much of a hassle and the staying power wasn't very good. I wanted to try something new. A girl at my work has such beautiful skin so I asked her what she uses. She said she uses Mac Mineralize Skinfinish Natural. At first I was scared to buy it because I've tried Studio Fix Powder Foundation before and it made me breakout and didn't look good at all on me. It looked like I wiped death all over my face! I can tell when women are wearing Studio Fix. It looks so artificial. Anyhow, I decided to buy the Mineralize and I'm so happy I did! It doesn't break me out. It doesn't leave flakes. It covers my blemishes and when I'm wearing it, my skin still looks like skin! There is something about this powder that is different than any other powder. It seems to give my skin a glow that I've never seen with any other mineral foundation or powder. The true test was when my husband of 15 years looked at my face and said "You look nice today!" He kept staring at my face in amazement and asked "What are you doing different?" He said my face looked super flawless and nice and clear! Wow! Coming from a guy who usually doesn't notice anything like that meant something. The only two things that I'm using that are new in my routine is Mac Mineralize and Reviva Labs Rosewater Facial Spray (another great product that I really think improved my skin in just one week) I will do a different review on that. All I do is spray the rosewater on my face after cleansing my face with baby shampoo. I put on my moisturizer, concealer after that and then Mac Mineralize that I apply with my Everyday Minerals Kabuki brush. I love this stuff and I highly recommend this powder. Way better than Studio Fix powder!!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/2/2013 10:01:00 AM More reviews by Plinko

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

First of all, I'm not really a powder person, and I'm generally not a MAC girl. I like their lipsticks, but I've pretty much bypassed the rest of their line over the years. I have dry skin, so I'm reluctant to use powder because I thought all powders would dull the luminous finishes of my favorite foundations (YSL Touche Eclat and Lancome Photgenic). For years I've used BE mineral veil on my forehead and chin only (that's where I tend o be the most oily).

My favorite foundations in terms of texture and color match tend to wear off after about six hours exposing the ruddiness around my nose that I so badly want to hide. I decided that I had to find a setting powder that would help my foundation last longer and not compromise the finish. After an extensive search, I found Skinfinish and I'm blown away. The SA recommended Medium, and I was skeptical because I'm very light skinned, but I decided to trust her judgement and I'm happy I did. The color works perfectly with TE BR30 and Photogenic Buff 4c. I'm very pleased with the color. The product itself is so soft and buttery and not at all chalky. It doesn't settle into pores or creases and it seems to blur any minor imperfections. Best of all, it does not dull down the glow of my foundation! My skin does not look like I've added any product, yet my foundation lasts much longer and I can get about 10 hours out of my foundations. I never thought I'd love a powder so much!

The only reason I didn't rate this powder a 5 is because of the packaging. I don't mind the lack of a sponge as this product should really be used with a brush. However, I do think that a compact, especially at this price point, should have a mirror.