MAC Mineralize Skinfinish Natural - Medium

4.1

Active Ingredients: Octinoxate 7.50% Inactive Ingredients: Water, Butylene Glycol, Triethylhexanoin, Squalane, Propylene Glycol Stearate, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Stearic Acid, Glycerin, Kaolin, Beta Vulgaris Root Extract, Haberlea Rhodopensis Leaf Extract, Tamarindus Indica Seed Gum, Yeast Extract, Magnesium Chloride, Sodium Chloride, Zinc Chloride, Potassium Chloride, Lysine, Tocopherol , Panthenol, Polysorbate 20, Lecithin, Tromethamine, Xanthan Gum, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Retinyl Palmitate, Caprylyl Glycol, Simethicone, Cetyl Alcohol, Hydrogenated Lecithin, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Isostearic Acid, Hexylene Glycol, Pentylene Glycol, Disodium EDTA, Potassium Sorbate, Phenoxyethanol. May Contain: Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Chromium Oxide Greens

on 5/20/2013 1:20:00 AM

Wasn't impressed.

on 5/15/2013 5:40:00 AM

There's nothing I love more than venturing out and having a super splurge on makeup, that I wouldnt normally buy, or I know I shouldnt buy. While I have a lot of MAC makeup (definatly a guilty pleasure of mine), I have many similar products to the mineralized skin finish, so it was a splurge to me! I picked up MAC's famous Mineralize Skinfinish Natural powder last year, for around $26.50. I use it frequently; it definitely wasn't a waste of money, but it didn't live up to my expectations. MAC's Mineralize Skinfinish Powders are often used as setting powders for makeup, but can be used as a light foundation when applied wet (best to use MAC's Fix+ for this). I prefer using it as a setting powder, as I find it gives very little coverage when attempting to use it as a foundation; I like medium-heavy coverage, so if you're looking for something light and natural, you'd love this. The main reason I like this powder, is because it has lasted me absolutely ages! There's barely a dent made in the pan, and I've had it for at least 8 months. I love the packaging; it's simple and sturdy. It doesn't get too worn out and it's able to take a good beating amongst other makeup bag essentials. It's good to use as a setting powder, mainly because of the colour and glow it gives. It makes your skin look healthy and fresh, and keeps your foundation and concealer in place nicely. However, if you have oily-combination or dry-combination skin this doesn't work too well! I find that after an hour, my t-zone is incredibly oily again (especially around my nose) and the powder clings to the few dry spots on my face, and starts flaking off making me look all scaley (especially on and around my chin). I use a mattifying, translucent powder on my t-zone and apply this everywhere else on my face. I find this works alright applied over translucent powder, so it's ideal to pop into my handbag for touch-ups throughout the day. It's a fantastically light powder; suiting fair skin well - unlike a lot of powders out there claiming to be "porcelain", when in fact they make me look orange! It works best applied with a synthetic brush, also. Overall, it's a great powder, it just doesn't suit my skin type. Even after moisturizers for oily-combination skin and using a high end primer, it still doesnt seem to work out for me. It's 100% worth the money; probably one of the best MAC products I own, price-wise. If you're fair skinned and you have a normal skin time (not super oily or super try) and you happen to be looking for a nice powder for Summer, make sure to try this. I am very bummed it doesnt work well on my skin- however I am working on it! It is really hard to find products for my skin- because I dont have one spicifc 'type' of skin. I have a mild-oily T zone, a very dry chin and sometimes nose, normal cheeks. I try to even out the type and tone by using certain products on different parts of my face, but after a while it just becomes too much! So i will keep this in my arsenal of products and hang onto it until I can manage and get a hold of my skin type a little better. Usually when we are in transition of the different seasons, is when it seems to really act up. After a while and when the shift is over with, is when it seems to get a little better.

Overall, this product may not suit my skin right now, but I still love.and plan on using this product in the future. I would reccomend this product to any woman who is looking for a high end setting powder, with an excellent price to go with it. I love that this powder comes in different shades. One of my favorite setting powders (which just so happens to be E.L.F. brand, and pretty cheap) comes in translucent ONLY! I thought that all of them only came in translucent, which ended up being wrong. The translucent works well, but when your being photographed, there is a white cast that appears all over your face, when you are in pictures. Because Mac has shades to choose from, this is no longer a problem. Anyway. Its an excellent product, it suits many different shades and tones of women. I also love that MAC has a super flexible return policy- if you happen to dislike the product, or for some reason it just doesnt work for you, they will always take ot back and either exchange it for something else, or give you a full refund. This is very important to me, I will not shop anywhere where their return policy isnt 100% flexable, because of how hard it can be to get products that suit me and look good at the same time! I give this 5 lippies... it may not have worked out for me, but the product is exceptional... and I will reccomend it over and over!

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I love this as a bronzer on my skin. (I am that pale!) I have had it for 8 months now and it's barely looks like its been touched. And I wear it every day!! Products like this rarely last me three months because I drunkenly drop my bag in a club or something stupid and the product shatters......safe to say this powder is Meg-proof and is well and truly baked and pressed!! It's packaging must help because its a sturdy compact, but I am really pleased with how long it has lasted. Aside from its longevity, the actually powder is lovely to use. I can pick up the product with the lightest touched from my brush, and recently I learnt I can use it with a slightly damp brush for a more intense dewy look, wow. And the powder does not go hard, it dries to the same state as before, I have been told this is what you can do with baked products!
Well matched natural colours that I can contour with, definitely would buy this again xx

on 5/4/2013 11:39:00 AM

Absolutely love this product. Works well over my foundation (drugstore, i hated the Pro longwear NC35). At first it looked powdery but after a couple of minutes, it blended with my natural oil or moisturizer and made my makeup look flawless. Great for light coverage as well. Just wished the packaging had a compartment for a sponge or a puff for touch ups and a mirror.

on 4/28/2013 9:27:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

I am generally a fan of both powder finish foundations and dewy ones, but liquid foundations have been clogging up my pores and giving me small whiteheads. I figured since my skin is getting oiler, I need a powder finish that will let oil through after a few hours and create a dew without looking like I dipped my face is grease. I'm so tired of the multi step routine I have for foundation and it hasn't been looking that great in this warmer weather. I also tried to revisit the bare minerals sitting in my drawer but that appears to wear off in 3 hours max.

I went to the MAC station just so that I could consult colors in person and decided to let the girl at the counter apply medium to my face (gurl thought I would go the Asian way and try light when it obviously doesn't match lol, but I assured her medium is the right pick for my nc30) I think medium would be a good if not slightly dark match for my winter skin and I'm hoping I can wear one product year round.

This powder reminds me of the benefit hello flawless powder I have. Very fine milled, kicks up if you swirl too hard, but absolutely beautiful and covers redness which is all I need. You would need concealer for dark spots, but it evens out everything with a light to medium coverage if you pack it on. However, it does not look Cakey even upon close inspection. I bought on the spot and even the sales girl didn't have to convince me twice.

I've tried it with my sigma powder brush and it looks great, but I might try it with the kabuki round top if I need more coverage. I think normal/combo skin will benefit from this the most. My winter skin may need more moisture. You could also use a beauty blender and use this wet but that's too bacteria happy for my taste. I just use the chanel luminizing liquid underneath to make sure it's not too matte. I also layer a highlighter on top just to give my skin some more dimension.

Wear time is about 8 hours without touch up for me, but if you touch your face a lot you may need to set it regardless with a spray. Good thing the compact is sturdy, I could probably pack this in my bag.

It's pricey but still the right price for a higher end foundation. I don't have an issue shelling out money for products that work.

Overall, dump the liquid foundation for this summer fling. You may find your foundation husband in this powder.

Edit: I am now using Medium Plus for summer and have bought Light Plus for my winter NC25. My skin is always changing and can go from NC20 to NC40 throughout the year, so this product is perfect.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I love this powder because it takes away the shine without being too matte. Just like the name implies, it is super natural! It has pretty decent coverage and I can use just this powder with concealer. My only downside is the fact that there is no mirror! If it did...it would be my all time favorite powder!

on 4/23/2013 12:32:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I wore this for the first time today and all I have to say is WOW!
It seriously makes my face look flawless. I don't understand how since its very sheer coverage. I bought it to set my bb cream bc I don't like to wear much makeup during the week, and this along with the bb cream gives me a natural look. I am a nc30-35 and I got the medium plus

on 4/22/2013 2:35:00 PM

This is a good product and I would buy it again. It does what it claims, hence the 4 lippies. doesn't add too much color and doesn't control oiliness like Blot Powder, but it sets foundation perfectly without getting cakey, has a beautiful natural glow finish and lasts long. Very good for everyday and touch ups. I have oily, sensitive, acne-prone skin and use it when my skin doens't need that extra coverage. My shade is nw15/20 and 'medium' is a great fit, summer or winter. Never broke me out and I really recommend it.

on 4/19/2013 5:54:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Summary: Like the name suggests, the powder looks very natural on the skin. The color match was perfect for me and the coverage is decent. It's a pressed powder so it's uncommon to find great coverage, but it works well enough, especially when I use it over concealer when I don't feel like wearing primer, liquid foundation, and finishing powder. The packaging is also decent, as most MAC products are packaged simply but in good quality. I really like this powder, and I recommend this to people that like heavier coverage and want to use this over their liquid foundation to finish off their look, and to people that don't like to use so much makeup and want to wear this alone because it does a relatively good job at evening out skin tone and helping quell redness.

Pros: good quality, reasonably priced

Cons: -

Overall Verdict: I don't think I'll repurchase this simply because my skin condition has changed since I first bought this so I need a heavier pressed powder on my "natural" makeup days. But it's great for people just embarking on their makeup journey and also people that have naturally good skin to where heavy coverage isn't so necessary. Plus, the price is affordable!

on 4/4/2013 9:50:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I've had this mineralized pressed powder for several years. I don't use it often but when I do, I'm always pleased with the results. Lately, I've been using it overtop my BB creams when I feel in need of a bit more coverage and the results are always good. It's a good finishing powder too (though I prefer Prep+Prime or other white/colourless finishing powders) and also great for a quick dusting over moisturizer when you're rushing out the door and don't have time to apply "makeup" but want to look a bit more finished and polished than your bare face might be. I think this is a product I will always have on hand and repurchase. It would be nice if the case included a mirror.