August 21, 2014 | 1985 users online

Pressed Powders - MAC - Mineralize Skinfinish Natural - Medium

rated 5 of 5 on 3/20/2013 11:43:00 PM More reviews by MakeupAlleyJunkie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really love this powder. It looks so natural yet flawless on the skin. I also love how spectacular it looks in pictures. I set my foundation with this powder and it literally makes it last all day long. I did my foundation and set it with this powder one morning. I was busy all day long and ended up falling asleep with my makeup on. I woke up the next morning and my foundation still looked flawless. I was in awe. Sadly this product is too expensive for me to wear every single day. I like to wear it on special occasions or when I know photos of me will be taken. Overall this powder is one of the best powders ever and I will definitely be re purchasing.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/16/2013 1:34:00 PM More reviews by FaceofMaleah

I am incredibly underwhelmed by this powder- I don't like it at all. I always hear people raving and raving about how natural it looks and that it won't take away from the finish of your foundation- the whole works- and this just NEVER ever looks natural. I was surprised by how incredibly powdery it was. I mean I know its a powder but it wasn't velvety and smooth, it was just so chalky and no matter how many times I tap the excess of my brush it just leaves way too much powder on my face and makes my face so matte. I just really genuinely dislike this powder and will never repurchase it. MAC face products are SO overrated.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 3/10/2013 10:40:00 PM More reviews by Abrazilia

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this product after i saw the review,and then what happened to me now i am getting big pimples.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/9/2013 7:28:00 PM More reviews by eashworth

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I'm so happy that I discovered this powder! Before I was using Everyday Minerals foundation for years. I liked it but it seemed like too much of a hassle and the staying power wasn't very good. I wanted to try something new. A girl at my work has such beautiful skin so I asked her what she uses. She said she uses Mac Mineralize Skinfinish Natural. At first I was scared to buy it because I've tried Studio Fix Powder Foundation before and it made me breakout and didn't look good at all on me. It looked like I wiped death all over my face! I can tell when women are wearing Studio Fix. It looks so artificial. Anyhow, I decided to buy the Mineralize and I'm so happy I did! It doesn't break me out. It doesn't leave flakes. It covers my blemishes and when I'm wearing it, my skin still looks like skin! There is something about this powder that is different than any other powder. It seems to give my skin a glow that I've never seen with any other mineral foundation or powder. The true test was when my husband of 15 years looked at my face and said "You look nice today!" He kept staring at my face in amazement and asked "What are you doing different?" He said my face looked super flawless and nice and clear! Wow! Coming from a guy who usually doesn't notice anything like that meant something. The only two things that I'm using that are new in my routine is Mac Mineralize and Reviva Labs Rosewater Facial Spray (another great product that I really think improved my skin in just one week) I will do a different review on that. All I do is spray the rosewater on my face after cleansing my face with baby shampoo. I put on my moisturizer, concealer after that and then Mac Mineralize that I apply with my Everyday Minerals Kabuki brush. I love this stuff and I highly recommend this powder. Way better than Studio Fix powder!!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/2/2013 10:01:00 AM More reviews by Plinko

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

First of all, I'm not really a powder person, and I'm generally not a MAC girl. I like their lipsticks, but I've pretty much bypassed the rest of their line over the years. I have dry skin, so I'm reluctant to use powder because I thought all powders would dull the luminous finishes of my favorite foundations (YSL Touche Eclat and Lancome Photgenic). For years I've used BE mineral veil on my forehead and chin only (that's where I tend o be the most oily).

My favorite foundations in terms of texture and color match tend to wear off after about six hours exposing the ruddiness around my nose that I so badly want to hide. I decided that I had to find a setting powder that would help my foundation last longer and not compromise the finish. After an extensive search, I found Skinfinish and I'm blown away. The SA recommended Medium, and I was skeptical because I'm very light skinned, but I decided to trust her judgement and I'm happy I did. The color works perfectly with TE BR30 and Photogenic Buff 4c. I'm very pleased with the color. The product itself is so soft and buttery and not at all chalky. It doesn't settle into pores or creases and it seems to blur any minor imperfections. Best of all, it does not dull down the glow of my foundation! My skin does not look like I've added any product, yet my foundation lasts much longer and I can get about 10 hours out of my foundations. I never thought I'd love a powder so much!

The only reason I didn't rate this powder a 5 is because of the packaging. I don't mind the lack of a sponge as this product should really be used with a brush. However, I do think that a compact, especially at this price point, should have a mirror.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/1/2013 5:20:00 PM More reviews by Yullen

I just adore this powder! The shade matches my NC25 perfectly, it gives matte-flawless finish, blots my oily T zone and most importanly, it DOESN'T break my out! Amazing stuff<3
Will def re-buy this C:

rated 5 of 5 on 2/19/2013 9:05:00 PM More reviews by hayleighlynn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Silver, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this powder so much! It is a flawless finish and lasts forever, i have had it for about a year and i am just running out!
I use this without foundation because i don't need too much coverage unless i have breakouts, but this gives enough coverage for throughout the day.
I use to breakout from it, but once i put a primer underneath that stopped.
I just wish it was CHEAPER! 40 dollars Canadian is a bit much for a powder....
oh mac why must you be so expensive :(

rated 4 of 5 on 2/16/2013 12:15:00 AM More reviews by connie94

Have been on the hunt for a powder for a while now and with all the hype around this product, I thought I'd give it a go.
I'm a NW20 MAC, Punjab NARS and Beige 3 Bobbi Brown; was matched by the MAC assistant to a Medium Plus.
The powder is long lasting, gives a flawless semi-matte light coverage look. I have tried it on top of all my foundations and they all look great. I have combination/oily skin. On days I don't want to wear foundation, I just dust the powder on my t-zone (where it's most oily) and under my eyes and it controls the oil while giving my skin that extra smooth texture.
It's a tad expensive but one of the best powders I've tried to date.
Overall, a great product.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/10/2013 5:11:00 AM More reviews by tatabyuti

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is my favorite mineralize make up. It gives me a natural flawless skin. I've been using it for 4 years.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/30/2013 9:42:00 PM More reviews by AntiqueGlitter

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I'll admit, the first few times I used this, it gave me break-outs, which made me steer clear of it for several years, but I gave it another shot, with the hype and all, and I like it (no break-outs). I don't love it, but I've hit pan--that should tell you something.
It delivers light-to-medium coverage and a flawless semi-matte finish. On others it looks very natural and lovely, like a satin finish, but on me it's a bit too matte for my liking. It is, however, one of the most natural-looking powders I've encountered, right behind Bare Minerals. Luckily, though, I can just spritz my face with MAC Fix+ (magic in a bottle!) and it'll look much more natural with that hint of dewiness that I love. On one of gossmakeupartist's YouTube videos, he says that this can be applied damp (brush spritzed with water or Fix+) to give a beautiful finish. I still have to try that sometime. For those worrying about it getting a "wet spot" in the product, it won't, because this is a baked product.
On the contrary, the coverage isn't buildable regardless of application method.
I've tried it with the MAC 150, 129, 187, and a powder puff and it delivers the same coverage. I like to apply it with the 150.
Other than using this for blotting and touching up throughout the day, as it does in fact control oil, and for setting makeup, you can also use it as a foundation if you're into powders with light coverage. Likewise, as these are sheer, you can also use a darker shade as a bronzer. I know a makeup artist who loves to use this for natural-looking contouring.
I don't wear this everyday, but when I do, I use it as a foundation with a concealer and Fix+ on top, and then I put it in my bag for touch-ups, when needed.
But...I absolutely hate that this doesn't include a mirror. MAC markets this as a touch-up/setting powder, yet it doesn't have a mirror? Nope, it just comes with an annoying, flimsy, cheap plastic...thing...that barely surpasses as a cover. I just toss that out. It'd be absolutely perfect if it came in the Studio Fix Powder or Bronzing Powder compact! Packaging Quality rating earns a 2/5.
I own this in Medium Plus and it's a great match for my NC30-35 skin tone (I have slight yellow undertones). It's a bit too pink, but it works. I use Medium Dark in the summer when I'm NC35-40. For those of you wondering, all the shades have a neutral undertone. The Plus shades are ever so slightly darker and a tiny bit more yellow.
It retails for $29 for 10g/0.35 oz.
Would I repurchase? Yes.