September 24, 2014 | 1570 users online

Powder - Everyday Minerals - Intensive Foundation

rated 4 of 5 on 3/5/2010 8:51:00 AM More reviews by knightrider

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This foundation is great for me! I have dry/normal skin, and this does not dry my skin (I MUST remember to moisturize first!). This formula is supposed to be good for all skin types. It is also matte which I prefer, and also therefore I do not use original glo (too shiny).
With a little foundation at a time, you can build up the coverage you want. I just like to "even out" my skin, not hide it - look like I have been "photoshopped" in real life :D

(I have tried the new foundation with Lauroyl Lysine in it. And I cannot see or feel any difference)

(I like this much better than Tikei's mineral foundation which itches and my skin looks more wrinklier than it really is.)

rated 3 of 5 on 2/28/2010 3:20:00 PM More reviews by gryph

At first I really like this foundation, it gave me great coverage and made my face nice and matte. However, after a closer examination it tends to turn orange by the end of the day and even though I put it on my neck there is a very distinct line of colour change between my face and neck. As if only the powder on my face is turning orange. I also have the faintest of lines around my eyes, but by the end of the night this foundation seems to settle in and make my eyes look really crepey which is not there when I take it off.

I was really excited to get the jars with the sifters on my last order, but they just don't seem to work well. I go to school out of the country and have to fly here and back twice a year so had to tape all my minerals shut for the journey. I thought the new sifters would eliminate that problem but I still had powder everywhere.

The price is also misleading, unless you are buying 11 other full sized items to get the discount the foundation price per gram is one of the more expensive ones out there. I am switching to a Canadian company that will hopefully offer better foundation at a better price, so no, I will not be repurchasing.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/26/2010 9:14:00 PM More reviews by limetrees

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

AMAZING!

Ladies, you HAVE to try this. It is the most natural and most beautiful makeup around.

Did you know that up to 60% of what you put on your skin is absorbed into your bloodstream? Switch to natural, you don't want all those nasty chemicals on you and inside of you! Those chemicals just end up harming your skin and you have to wear even more makeup to cover it up. EDM is so light and natural you can't help but feel good about wearing it.

It provides just the right amount of coverage, it evens out skin tone without making you look like you're wearing a mask. It's very reasonably priced, you can get samples of anything for $2.50 before you buy the full sized item and you get $5 free of samples with every order. You owe it to yourself to try this!

rated 3 of 5 on 2/25/2010 5:11:00 AM More reviews by HipGal2006

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

EDM offers a lot of choices in terms of shades so you can easily find not only one but probably 3 or 4 shades that can match or compliment your skin tone. The colour selection is phenomenal and outstanding compared to many other cosmetic brands and the company also offers trial samples so that you can try out the product before committing to the full size and it really helps especially for mineral makeup newbie like me. However, I found the foundation (or what they call base) too drying for me after trying different finishes. I have combination skin (but my skin never flakes so it is not dry for sure) and have tried everything to ease the dryness because I sooo wanted to like the foundation - i have tried layering on smashbox makeup base, lanolin or tons of moisturizer prior to application, but after a few days, my cheeks literally hurt and red spots and microcapillary appeared so i had to stop using the foundation. That's too bad because the colour is so perfect and I like the look and the coverage. I will save this one for my troipical vacation.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/22/2010 7:51:00 PM More reviews by isabella0702

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

best mmu ever! i've been using this brand for over a year. I could only say good things about them and this makeup. great coverage. better then bare minerals or any other mmu and i've tried soo many! it does not look cakey at all. the costumer service is just lovely also. i would buy again and again and i recommend this to everyone who wants a good makeup!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/17/2010 2:58:00 AM More reviews by luxferi

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

If you ask me if I'll buy this product again six months ago, I'll tell you Yes. The product is actually decent, it covers my imperfections quite nicely and evens out my skin tone. It's very effortless to apply using their Flat Top brush and for a short stint of time I switched to Laura Mercier to try their liquid foundation but always come back to this because of its ease of application.

Now, I'm so displeased to find that the correct shade for my skin named "Perfect" has been removed from their website. On top of that, they used to ship to my country but now, no longer. What is the point of encouraging people to try different shades to find a suitable match just to remove it altogether? The selection is now so limited, it's pitiful. I have also heard they shut down the forum without warning, but that's another case altogether. I don't care so much for EM anymore, I'm off to look at Bare Escentuals to find the right match (again). The only thing I will bother to get from EM is their Multi-tasking concealer, but I'm thinking of switching as well.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/16/2010 6:52:00 PM More reviews by dafff6

This foundation looks very chalky and fake on my face. I had a really hard time finding a color that would match my skin tone. It made my face very oily at the end of the day.
The customer service is really bad. One of my worst online buying experience.
I now use Alima pure instead and i'm fully satisfied!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/7/2010 4:15:00 PM More reviews by Duster

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have a hard time with mineral foundations now; wore them for years but now that I'm in my 50's they tend to dry my skin out. I've never liked the really glowy stuff and the matte or semi matte stuff usually does not cover as well. And these days the glowy stuff is not friendly to wrinkles! So after sampling I ended up with FAWN which is a damned good match, it covers anything very well, not irritations and is matte but not dead flat, which is perfect.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/2/2010 12:40:00 PM More reviews by kamcalist

so i have been using this product for almost a year now, i loved from the start, but as time went on, my skin started to break out. And i would naturally just use more product to cover, but then my acne would get worse and worse!!! so when i stopped wearing this foundation for a few days, my skin cleared up!!! but as soon as i put it on my skin i would have 4 or 5 pimples before the day was over....what the heck? This foundation makes my skin look flawless, but a few hours after putting it on, i look like a cake face, i dont like how it would settle into weird spots and make my skin look horrible. maybe i need a different formulation or something, oh a good trick with and powder or powder foundation, is try using like mac fix plus or a all natural skin refreshing spray, and spray it all over your face and then pat it into your skin with your hands, really takes the powdery look away!! needless to say i bought like 6 foundations and now im kicking myself because i hate it, that i will probably throw it away.....

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/29/2010 10:39:00 AM More reviews by vwzen81

I really love the coverage the intensive formula gives me. I don't have acne or scars to cover up but my skin tends to be red and the intensive formula covers up the redness with no problem. I love the way it goes on and you can easily build up your coverage. However, the reason I rated this a 3 is because it makes my t-zone extremely oily within about 3 hours and I don't have very oily skin to begin with. I use a primer and an oil control finishing powder from Rimmel but it just doesn't seem to help. I just ordered a sample of the Everyday Minerals kaolin powder and Finishing Powder and I'm hoping one of them might help keep the oil at bay; I'll update this reveiw once I try them out.
**EDIT**.....got my samples of kaolin powder and finishing powder; I am not a fan of the kaolin powder, it made me more oily and cakey looking. However, the sunlight finishing powder is awesome! I dust some on before I apply the EM foundation and then I dust some on top to set everything and it keeps me from getting super oily. My t-zone still gets a tad oily but it just makes me look dewy and I like it. I am so happy with the EM foundation now!