November 27, 2014 | 997 users online

Bronzers - Rimmel - Natural Bronzer - 22 Sun Bronze

rated 4 of 5 on 2/8/2012 2:42:00 PM More reviews by x0livia

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

For a high street bronzer this is really great!
It's matte, which is really nice as I find sparkly bronzers look a bit tacky and 'too much', whereas this looks natural and sunkissed.
It may not be the most pigmented bronzer around but at the price it is you can't really complain - if you want it darker just put more on! simple! I don't find it to be too light at all, I think it's a gorgeous natural looking colour that really suits my skin tone (I'm NW 15/20).
Would definitely repurchase, as good as high end bronzers in my opinion.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/18/2012 6:21:00 PM More reviews by SammyBabyMC

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I just bought this today actually, on a whim. I was just browsing my local Shoppers Drug mart (CDN) i already threw my receipt away so i can't tell you how much it was. It wasn't a lot thats for sure!
Anyway, as soon as i got home i ripped through everything i bought and tried it out.
I actually quite like the packaging! It's easy to use, you can see the product nicely and it's literally break proof. Unless you step on it or something. I don't have to press buttons to pop the lid open or dig my nails into the handle to try and open it! Just a quick spin of the lid and its off!
This product also has a very nice smell :) which i like. All the rimmel products seem to have a nice smell to them!
On to the product itself! I did a quick swatch on my hand and to my surprise it looked orange at first, but once i blended it in it gave me a nice SUBTLE bronzed look on my skin, which is what i want! This is a great product. I usually prefer no shimmer bronzer, i can see this has a little shimmer and sparkle, which is okay since its not like huge chunkies!
Thumbs up to emilynoel83 who suggested this bronzer in Sun Dance, but that had shimmer in it, but since i hate shimmer i grabbed this one instead!
Great product Rimmel!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/11/2012 10:50:00 PM More reviews by breezer2095

I bought this to give my skin a little extra color, but it doesnt have a lot of pigments. To get a lot of color I have to apply kind of a lot. For my skin tone this looked like a foundation, but its a really natural color and not orange at all. A good product, but NOT a bronzer.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/9/2011 7:00:00 AM More reviews by GetSmart

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

Love this bronzer! Not orange, not too shimmery/sparkly and yet not totally matte... love it. and all the bronzers i've purchased since, have been inferior.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/9/2011 5:53:00 AM More reviews by syasyamus

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

this bronzer is ok! i love the estee lauder sun bronzer but this rimmel bronzer is a good alternative if your looking for a cheaper one! The bronzer isnt as pigmented and you have to press and swirl your brush really hard to get the product but the bronzers ok

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/17/2011 3:57:00 PM More reviews by BeFineFilipina

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

Thank you MakeupAlley-ers... I was looking for a bronzer without shimmer, something I could use for contouring, that didn't cost an arm and a leg, and ended up picking this after reading the reviews, especially since there was a Rimmel sale going on and I could pick up another tube of my favorite mascara along with it (the lash accelerator one). The other reviews are right when they said a little goes a long way...it's super concentrated. I can see this lasting forever.

The packaging is my only gripe. It's soo cheap looking. But then again who am I kidding, it is cheap, I probably paid like 3 bucks for it on sale. :)

Update: So I went on a high end bronzer spree a few years ago, and found that my ideal match is with BareMinerals pressed bronzer in the High Dive. Chocolate soleil (Too Faced) looked like dirt on me but smelled fantastic. Tarte Park Ave Princess was ok, but didn't give me as natural a look as the BareMinerals. I tried one from 100% Pure but it was just wrong wrong wrong.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/12/2011 2:27:00 AM More reviews by ChanelLove07

I have very fair skin and this bronzer colour is truly amazing. It doesn't look orange or look like i had a bad tan! It didn't break me out or irritate my skin. The only downside is the packaging. If this was in my handbag, the lid would come off straight away. But the product itself is great!

EDIT: holy crap I love this stuff! I was thinking about getting the Mac blush in harmony due to the many great reviews. But I'm so happy with this bronzer right now so I'll stick to it!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/25/2011 9:10:00 PM More reviews by LaurenReneeArvay

This is the BEST drugstore bronzer I've ever tried, if not just the best bronzer period. NARS Laguna used to be my go-to, but it's so darn expensive. I picked this up at CVS for about 5 dollars in sun light and so far it seems to be a pretty good dupe for NARS Laguna. It stays on all day and it gives my porcelain skin a healthy glow and it doesn't make me break out. You get a lot of product witht this. I've had it for about three months and I'm still nowhere close to hitting pan. This is probably going to be my new go-to. The packaging is okay. I wish they could make it a snap close but I've seen much worse packaging. I would recommend this for anyone who wants a healthy glow without looking orange, and for anyone who is on a budget.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/10/2011 11:34:00 AM More reviews by I_Smell

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Blue

This light brown neutral toned bronzer looks super natural on my fair, cool toned skin! It's matte, which I love: my sunscreen leaves a nasty sheen behind, so shimmery bronzers aren't for me.
The bronzer blends well, stays put all day and I love that it's not overly pigmented, so I can build up the color without fear of over-applying. I also love the subtle powdery, suntan-y scent when it's just applied. It doesn't linger, which IMO is a good thing. I have used this bronzer for years now and it has never broken me out.
I do find it a bit pricey for what it is: here in Europe this drugstore brand costs 9 ($12.30). And unfortunately one can't stock up on it, since we don't get substantial discounts or BOGOF, etc. I will still buy it again though, because it's one of the most natural looking bronzers I've found.
I wish Rimmel did something about the packaging: the lid pops off just by looking at it, which is sooo unpractical. I'd love to be able to travel with it. Why not put it in a compact that snaps close? And please make it a sleek, stylish black compact while you're at it. For the price this cheap *ss packaging really doesn't make sense. ;-) Love the sun design on the pan, BTW: please don't mess with that.
All in all this is a very natural looking matte bronzer for light skin and I can see this working equally well for warm, cool and neutral skintones.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/31/2011 6:05:00 AM More reviews by CourtneyChu

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I got this on sale for 4 dollars and I am incredibly impressed!

It has a nice large palette, perfect for a stipling brush, which is what I use for bronzer. It's pretty and natural and doesn't leave you looking dirty at the end of the day like my old bronzer did! Perfect pick for summer skin all year round.