Bourjois Delice de Poudre Bronzing Powder

4.2

Ingredients: Talc, Nylon-12, Octyldodecyl Neopentanoate, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Lauroyl Lysine, Magnesium Myristate, Magnesium Stearate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Parfum (Fragrance), PEG-8, Tocopherol, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Ascorbic Acid, Citric Acid, Benzyl Benzoate, Coumarin, Limonene, Linalool, may contain: CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499 (Iron Oxides), CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), Mica

on 1/19/2012 11:59:00 PM

First of all, this bronzer is wayyy too overpriced in Canada, so instead I got a friend from the UK to send me one instead. I got this bronzer in #52 and I've been using it frequently. It looks a bit shimmery in the pan but it doesn't really show on the skin. Perfect for my skin tone and it gives a nice bronze glow. The smell is ok, it doesn't really bother me.

The only thing is that it's really hard to get a lot of product. I practically had to etch the top layer so I can get a decent amount.

I came across this bronzer from Lisa Eldridge videos and boy, I'm really impressed! Finding a matte bronzer is rather hard, compound that by finding something suitable for fair skin. This one fits the bill for both!

The texture is rather dry I find but not too terribly layered on top of my sunscreen. It goes on totally matte although I can see some hint of shimmer particles on the compact, not much at all. The bronzer leans warm/neutral on my warm-toned skin. The scent is deliciously foody. Shade #51 suits my fair, NC25 skin.

Overall will buy again but alas! Bourjois is not readily available in the US. It took me months to finally ask a family member to purchase this for me from Canada.

I like this bronzer however I don't find it partiularly amazing. It smells delicious but I don't find that neccessary for a bronzer.. It's kind of orange toned which I find looks quite unnatural and needs to be blended well. I wouldn't repurchase.

on 11/26/2011 1:11:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

This is actually my first bronzer, and i absolutely love it. I love the smell, the texture, the colour(52), practically everything about this bronzer is great. The ONLY downfall is not about the product, its actually about what they say on the side! It says in the 1st sentence "apply with THE brush" which sort of states, apply with the brush that comes with the bronzer. I didnt need a brush so that was fine, but they could have said apply with a bronzer brush or a brush because at first I thought I had bought one that didnt have a brush.
I will definately buy this again :) and i am really happy about it! :)

on 11/26/2011 10:48:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

This bronzer does an okay job if applied very lightly, so lightly that it doesn't really do anything. If you apply anything more than the smallest amount it looks orange and unnatural, so basically either it doesn't show up or it shows up in a bad way. Considering I hate the smell too this bronzer doesn't get much love from me. Pity, cause I love the packaging; I think the chocolate theme is really cool, it just didn't work for me

on 11/26/2011 10:35:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hmm, I bought this stuff over a year ago, could not wait to purchase it because I love gimmicky things, lol. At first, I loved the chocolatey smell but got sick of it fairly quickly. There's something about the colour of it that I just don't like on my skin, maybe it's just my skin tone and this is too warm for me, I tend to be on the cool side. Other reviewers have mentioned it looks a tad orange and I'm liable to agree. I pull this out from time to time but it seems to only serve to remind me that there's something not quite right about it.

on 10/5/2011 10:03:00 AM

I don't think i will ever get another bronzer again but this one.
Its amazing!
Its got a really nice colour and smells like chocolate :)

I love this product, the smell is the best part!! Although you have to use a dense brush to pick up colour.

on 9/16/2011 6:35:00 PM

this is the best drugstore-priced bronzer i've found. i have the shade 52 which looks great on my fair/medium skin, but may be too dark in the winter, i'll have to see. the bronzer is matte, with a very small amount of shimmer, but it looks matte on the skin which is very important to me as i use it for contouring! i love how it looks like a bar of chocolate and it smells so good!!!

on 9/11/2011 4:29:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine

Very natural colour and smells divine. Last well too!
Without doubt the best bronzer I've tried.

Popular Bronzers