October 2, 2014 | 1195 users online

Cleansers - Clean & Clear - Continuous Control Acne Cleaner

rated 5 of 5 on 8/27/2011 2:45:00 PM More reviews by kenziem87

This product has helped my acne on my forehead immensely. I have combination skin, and the benzoyl peroxide 10% really does help acne.
If you decide on buying this product, make sure you ALWAYS moisturize afterwards. Because you might feel a little dried-out. But, it always help my acne. It's been two weeks since i've been using it. And i've seen a difference already. (: Hope i helped !

rated 3 of 5 on 8/17/2011 4:40:00 PM More reviews by leafsgirl2

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Meh. That's generally how I'd describe this product. I had extreeeemely high hopes about this because it's summer and my face had been breaking out like crazy so I saw a review for it and drove out at around 12 midnight to pick it up at my local 24 hr walmart because I was THAT excited for it! It didn't really work. Actually it didn't work at all. It didn't dry out my face or anything but it didn't get rid of any pimples! I've been using it for 4 weeks because I thought if I'd give it time it would work but nothing! My face has actually gotten WORSE (although I don't blame this cleanser for it) Anyways I'm out of it so it didn't really last me a long time and it was 10 bucks which is pretty pricey for a product that doesn't even remove acne. The only thing I like about it is that it gives my skin like this minty fresh sensation after using it. other than that I regret buying this.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/10/2011 10:32:00 PM More reviews by hannahbananaa

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I'm heading into grade 9 and I've been dealing with pimples ever since about half way through seventh grade. At first they were quite manageable and VERY EASY to conceal since they were so small. I don't get whiteheads, but only raised red bumps. My acne is more occasional, for I can go up to two weeks with perfect skin. About three times a month I'll just break out, mostly on and around my nose. I tried Neutrogena Oil Free Acne Cleanser (orange gel) and it cleared my skin up but after a few weeks my skin no longer reacted and my pimples came back. I also tried Avon's Blemish Clearing Foaming Cleanser which also worked for me, but only for about two months until my pimples came back. I switched to this cleanser a few days ago, and so far so good. Right now I'm at the stage where I'll wake up with a new pimple everyday, but since I started using this cleanser my pimples are visably reduced and no new blemishes have formed. I gave the packaging only a 3 because I can feel that the whole tube isn't filled and clearly much more could have been put in before selling. I only said I wouldn't buy this product again because I know I'll be able to find something better, but I would recommend trying it out.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/8/2011 12:36:00 PM More reviews by laureg

I've been using this as a spot treatment with great results. I only use this for a few minutes before getting into the shower, as the BP bleaches anything it comes into contact with. I wet my face, leave this on for a few minutes, carry on with my shower and rinse well. I also make sure that I keep this product well away from my eyebrows and hairline, as this stuff bleaches them orange. I have also switched to using white face cloths and pillowcases when I use this product, as any residual product will bleach linens.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/10/2011 11:03:00 PM More reviews by naki0145

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've had pretty bad acne for the last couple of years and have tried all sorts of drugstore products. Figured out salicylic acid was not an ingredient that could solve my problems so I switched over to benzoyl peroxide. I figured since it was working for me, going up to 10 percent bp would be my best solution to get rid of all my acne fast. So, I started using this clean and clear product because of the 10 percent bp around October of 2010 and wow, it did work tremendously fast on my acne. So, for a couple of months after that that was what I was using on my face. It was a product that I would have to use religiously to keep my face clear but i would still get terrible breakouts if I skipped even just one day. But I wanted to stop because it was roughing up my skin...It was a cycle of skin hell. Anywho, this product left me with terrible skin. It leaves many many ACNE SCARS after longterm use, and definitely creates a terrible texture... It's also (obviously) very drying so it definitely ages your skin. This summer, i've turned my mindset around, working from inside out my skin care. Eating well, exercising, lots of H20. And being more gentle with my skin using only 1 cleanser, Cetaphil, 2.5 bp cream, and a deeeeply moisturizing night cream and my skin has never looked so great. Be gentle with this product, as great as it might seem that it's doing for your skin, think long-term.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/27/2011 7:54:00 PM More reviews by hellonat

I absolutely love this cleanser! I used to have a "pizza face" before I found this product and now I'm in heaven! I bought this for about $10 CDN and it really helped with my acne. I had a few pimples the day I bought this and the next day they were noticeably smaller! I also like that it has menthol so it has a nice cooling effect

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/17/2011 12:54:00 AM More reviews by desertdwellr

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

AHHHHH! HEAVEN. I have had an SD flare-up recently and this has provided so much relief! I respond well to BP products, and when dealing with SD, the derms say to dry it up. BP doesn't dry me up like the desert, but it doesn't have the power of Retin-A, or retiniods, which are the worst thing you can put on your skin when you are dealing with SD. I only have an SD flare-up like every 10 years, and it's been 12 since my last, and nothing has changed in the prescription medicines area, and I still tried those, and my SD got worse. My SD has been known to last 18 months, so fear, and panic, set in months ago. I'm sure stress of SD was making it worse, but this has done wonders, and I should be SD clear in about 6 weeks. I need my skin to shed at least one more time for it to look amazing again. This has menthol in it, and it felt so good on my molting skin. It kept me from scratching my face off, and Noxzema couldn't keep me from doing that! I will be repurchasing this, because I will continue to use it through the summer out of fear of relapsing, but I will also keep an extra tube on hand, again, out of fear of having another flare-up. This stuff is cheap! And it works. If acne was a major concern for me, I would probably use this all of the time, but I may use this a couple of times a week just for a little exfoliation. Wonderful product. If you suffer from SD, just try it.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/21/2011 6:51:00 PM More reviews by girlycar

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Finally something that would help clear up my acne :) I still have a few breakouts but I'm hoping they will be gone soon. This cleanser doesn't dry out my face, but leaves it feeling clean. I looooove that tingly/ cooling sensation with this too!
EDIT: Holy crap! My skin is totally cleared!! I use this with Clean & Clear persa gel 5% and and it works wonders.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/8/2011 3:31:00 AM More reviews by elysef

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have been using this cleanser for almost a year and my skin has never looked clearer. I have to say that a tube lasts me months because I find that a pea-sized amount works perfectly in the mornings and a little more works at night to remove my foundation. I wouldn't use this in the eye area, though. I have never had a problem with it bleaching my towels, either.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/5/2011 9:38:00 AM More reviews by BethanyBez

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I'm pretty sure this is the product that is bleaching my fiance's towels. I've never had a problem with it bleaching my clothes when I got out of the shower (thank goodness), but it sure seems to love tie-dyeing towels.

Despite the bleaching towels problem and the fact that it smells like, well, towel bleach, this cleaser seems to do what it says. I tried to stop using it out of respect for the towels, and my face got mad at me. It has definitely helped to keep my oily skin clear. So, sorry towels. This one's not going anywhere.

You'd think that such a "bleachy" face wash would be harsh on the skin, but I haven't had any problems with redness or drying. I use this product every day along with a scrub, and I haven't had a single bad reaction.

The packaging is fine, but I wish the bottle was a little bigger. I run out of this stuff fairly quickly, especially since the thick consistency makes it so that every time you squeeze the bottle a sizeable glob comes out. There's no lather-inducing component that makes a little go a long way, so I have to pick up a bottle about once a month. And while it isn't expensive, it could be cheaper, especially for the size.