Clean & Clear Continuous Control Acne Cleaner

3.7

Active: Benzoyl Peroxide (10%) Inactive: Glycerin, Petrolatum, Mineral Oil, C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Water, Sodium Cocoyl Isethionate, Sodium C14-16 Olefin Sulfonate, Zinc Lactate, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Menthol, Fragrance, Potassium Polyphosphate, Titanium Dioxide, Carbomer

on 11/11/2011 1:18:00 AM

BEST Cleanser ever!!! This product has saved my skin. I use this in conjuction with Pro-Activ which I know may seem like a lot for someone's skin to go through...but its what works. :)

I love the tingling sensation this gives my skin...especially in the morning when its hard to wake up. This also helps remove my makeup at night.

This really has cut down my break outs and your skin does feel clean all day. I LOVE this product and recommend it to anyone who has cystic acne or mild acne...it will work. Give it a try!

on 11/1/2011 2:08:00 PM

I have the 5% BP cleanser and it has definitely helped reduce my breakouts. It applies nicely and makes your skin feel clean and cool but if it is very drying. I can see how it would age your skin if you use too much and/or don't moisturize adequately.

For my skin, using this once every 2-3 days is enough to control my breakouts, but when I first got it I used it daily until my breakouts cleared. On the other days I use Neutrogena Extra-Gentle cleanser twice a day, and I moisturize with straight up avocado oil. Between these products my skin stays clear and not dry.

So, yes, I highly recommend this product but avoid using it more than once every two days after your acne has cleared from daily use for this product.

on 11/1/2011 12:17:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

love love love this cleanser. have been using it for years. leaves a clean tingly feeling and is non-irritating. dramatically reduces my breakout (birth control has also reeeeally helped- sronyx). only need about a nickel-size to completely wash my entire face. the best cleanser so far. highly recommended!

on 10/20/2011 3:26:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Another fail cleanser I had recently purchased. This contributed to my acne worsening and irritating the hell out of my face, although not as bad as the other cleanser I had tried out after this 1 but still too harsh for my skin.

The percentage amount of benzoyl peroxide they have in this product if not skin life threatning but definitely dangerous. I can't imagine anyone with the least bit sensitive skin trying this and not stepping into a doctors office the next day. I don't have sensitive skin at all but this still was way too strong...

Still trying to find the damn receipt so I can take this back.

on 9/24/2011 12:43:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

The BEST product ever created! If I could only own one facial cleansing product for the rest of my life, this would be the one. I really don't wan to live without it!!!! I freaked out when Clean and Clear stopped production for a month last summer. I found a CVS that still had 9 tubes on the shelf and I bought them all. That's how much I love this!!!!!

I have had issues with mild acne ever since I was 19. No matter what makeup, makeup remover, face wash, acne treatment, toner, or medication I used, I always had small pimples on my cheeks. They were hardly noticable under makeup, but I knew they were there. :( Ever since finding this stuff, I have had totally clear skin with no signs of returning acne. This seems to be the only face wash that totally removes all dirt and makeup from my pores. It's that wonderful 10% benzoyl peroxide. Don't be foold though, Noxema makes a face wash that claims to have 10% benzoyl peroxide. It is not nearly as effective as this product.

The only negative- because of the peroxide in it, it bleaches shirts and towels. So, you have to be very careful or not wear/use clothes/towels that you care about when using this. I recommend wearing lower cut shirts so you don't accidently splash even the tiniest amount. It will bleach your shirt without fail.

My nightly regime:
Neutrogena Makeup Remover Cleansing Towelettes
Continuous Control Acne Cleaner (applied with my Clarisonic Mia 2)
Trader Joe's Nourishing Oil Free Antioxidant face lotion/ DermaOrganics Oil Free face lotion

on 9/21/2011 9:56:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

Lately, i have been having more and more breakouts, which his kind of new to me becasue usually my skin stays pretty clear. So i went to the drugstore and picked this up. I liked the fact that it had benzoyl peroxide rather than salicylic acid. But this really really irritated my skin. It is very strong wash and it burned the area around my eyes and made my skin burn. I tried using this wash about three times and my skin did clear up, but it bothered my skin so much i decided it wasn't worth using. Overall to clear up acne it's awesome but if you have sensitive skin this wash isn't for you. If not then i would recommend, it just did not work out for me.

on 8/27/2011 2:45:00 PM

This product has helped my acne on my forehead immensely. I have combination skin, and the benzoyl peroxide 10% really does help acne.
If you decide on buying this product, make sure you ALWAYS moisturize afterwards. Because you might feel a little dried-out. But, it always help my acne. It's been two weeks since i've been using it. And i've seen a difference already. (: Hope i helped !

on 8/17/2011 4:40:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Cool

Meh. That's generally how I'd describe this product. I had extreeeemely high hopes about this because it's summer and my face had been breaking out like crazy so I saw a review for it and drove out at around 12 midnight to pick it up at my local 24 hr walmart because I was THAT excited for it! It didn't really work. Actually it didn't work at all. It didn't dry out my face or anything but it didn't get rid of any pimples! I've been using it for 4 weeks because I thought if I'd give it time it would work but nothing! My face has actually gotten WORSE (although I don't blame this cleanser for it) Anyways I'm out of it so it didn't really last me a long time and it was 10 bucks which is pretty pricey for a product that doesn't even remove acne. The only thing I like about it is that it gives my skin like this minty fresh sensation after using it. other than that I regret buying this.

on 8/10/2011 10:32:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I'm heading into grade 9 and I've been dealing with pimples ever since about half way through seventh grade. At first they were quite manageable and VERY EASY to conceal since they were so small. I don't get whiteheads, but only raised red bumps. My acne is more occasional, for I can go up to two weeks with perfect skin. About three times a month I'll just break out, mostly on and around my nose. I tried Neutrogena Oil Free Acne Cleanser (orange gel) and it cleared my skin up but after a few weeks my skin no longer reacted and my pimples came back. I also tried Avon's Blemish Clearing Foaming Cleanser which also worked for me, but only for about two months until my pimples came back. I switched to this cleanser a few days ago, and so far so good. Right now I'm at the stage where I'll wake up with a new pimple everyday, but since I started using this cleanser my pimples are visably reduced and no new blemishes have formed. I gave the packaging only a 3 because I can feel that the whole tube isn't filled and clearly much more could have been put in before selling. I only said I wouldn't buy this product again because I know I'll be able to find something better, but I would recommend trying it out.

on 8/8/2011 12:36:00 PM

I've been using this as a spot treatment with great results. I only use this for a few minutes before getting into the shower, as the BP bleaches anything it comes into contact with. I wet my face, leave this on for a few minutes, carry on with my shower and rinse well. I also make sure that I keep this product well away from my eyebrows and hairline, as this stuff bleaches them orange. I have also switched to using white face cloths and pillowcases when I use this product, as any residual product will bleach linens.