July 31, 2014 | 2047 users online

Cleansers - Clean & Clear - Continuous Control Acne Cleaner

rated 5 of 5 on 5/27/2011 7:54:00 PM More reviews by hellonat

I absolutely love this cleanser! I used to have a "pizza face" before I found this product and now I'm in heaven! I bought this for about $10 CDN and it really helped with my acne. I had a few pimples the day I bought this and the next day they were noticeably smaller! I also like that it has menthol so it has a nice cooling effect

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/17/2011 12:54:00 AM More reviews by desertdwellr

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

AHHHHH! HEAVEN. I have had an SD flare-up recently and this has provided so much relief! I respond well to BP products, and when dealing with SD, the derms say to dry it up. BP doesn't dry me up like the desert, but it doesn't have the power of Retin-A, or retiniods, which are the worst thing you can put on your skin when you are dealing with SD. I only have an SD flare-up like every 10 years, and it's been 12 since my last, and nothing has changed in the prescription medicines area, and I still tried those, and my SD got worse. My SD has been known to last 18 months, so fear, and panic, set in months ago. I'm sure stress of SD was making it worse, but this has done wonders, and I should be SD clear in about 6 weeks. I need my skin to shed at least one more time for it to look amazing again. This has menthol in it, and it felt so good on my molting skin. It kept me from scratching my face off, and Noxzema couldn't keep me from doing that! I will be repurchasing this, because I will continue to use it through the summer out of fear of relapsing, but I will also keep an extra tube on hand, again, out of fear of having another flare-up. This stuff is cheap! And it works. If acne was a major concern for me, I would probably use this all of the time, but I may use this a couple of times a week just for a little exfoliation. Wonderful product. If you suffer from SD, just try it.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/21/2011 6:51:00 PM More reviews by girlycar

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Finally something that would help clear up my acne :) I still have a few breakouts but I'm hoping they will be gone soon. This cleanser doesn't dry out my face, but leaves it feeling clean. I looooove that tingly/ cooling sensation with this too!
EDIT: Holy crap! My skin is totally cleared!! I use this with Clean & Clear persa gel 5% and and it works wonders.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/8/2011 3:31:00 AM More reviews by elysef

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have been using this cleanser for almost a year and my skin has never looked clearer. I have to say that a tube lasts me months because I find that a pea-sized amount works perfectly in the mornings and a little more works at night to remove my foundation. I wouldn't use this in the eye area, though. I have never had a problem with it bleaching my towels, either.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/5/2011 9:38:00 AM More reviews by BethanyBez

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I'm pretty sure this is the product that is bleaching my fiance's towels. I've never had a problem with it bleaching my clothes when I got out of the shower (thank goodness), but it sure seems to love tie-dyeing towels.

Despite the bleaching towels problem and the fact that it smells like, well, towel bleach, this cleaser seems to do what it says. I tried to stop using it out of respect for the towels, and my face got mad at me. It has definitely helped to keep my oily skin clear. So, sorry towels. This one's not going anywhere.

You'd think that such a "bleachy" face wash would be harsh on the skin, but I haven't had any problems with redness or drying. I use this product every day along with a scrub, and I haven't had a single bad reaction.

The packaging is fine, but I wish the bottle was a little bigger. I run out of this stuff fairly quickly, especially since the thick consistency makes it so that every time you squeeze the bottle a sizeable glob comes out. There's no lather-inducing component that makes a little go a long way, so I have to pick up a bottle about once a month. And while it isn't expensive, it could be cheaper, especially for the size.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/3/2011 6:21:00 PM More reviews by amyers2

I have been using this product for months now and am so happy to finally find a selection of acne products with benzoyl peroxide in them.
- - - -
Pros - this product has definitely helped to clear up my skin. I have light acne, but as I am so fair skinned whenever I get a bump it looks flamingly red against my skin. Using this cleanser the amount of bumps I get has lessened considerably. Also - cheap!
- - - -
Cons - do not leave this product on your face for more than a minute or so. It will burn your face and leave it looking red. This is due to the 10% benzoyl peroxide, which is pretty strong for a drug store product (the few that do carry BP are usually under 2.5%). Make sure to follow up with a little moisturizer because it can be drying.
- - - -
Side note: I have tried low end and high end products to keep my skin smooth and blemish free and I definitely give some credit to this product. Will be going on my third bottle soon.
- - -
Update: 03.29.2011 - Decided I would not repurchase this product when a friend gave me some of her African Black Soap to use. No harsh chemicals and has been so-far been working wonders on my skin that no drug store / department store product has been able to do. Going to wait another few weeks or so before doing a review to make sure I don't wind up having a reaction.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/2/2011 11:32:00 PM More reviews by georginapeach

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

HG acne cleanser FINALLY. i worked my way through the neutrogena, clean and clear, clearasil, and some higher end brands as well but nothing was working for my acne, which wasn't terrible, but i'd get a lot of blackheads, clogged pores, and the worst: cystic acne. salicylic acid did absolutely nothing on my skin, so it came down to which benzoyl peroxide products worked. this is amazing! my skin still isn't perfect, but its the best that its been in 2 years so i'm happy. i thought the menthol might be a problem, but it luckily isn't. slightly drying but i just dab moisturizer on the dry patches. but seriously, for me this is the best drugstore acne treatment i have ever used

rated 2 of 5 on 1/25/2011 9:55:00 PM More reviews by StellaFl

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I, sadly, have had a pretty horrible experience with this product. When I first started using it, I liked it well enough. My face felt super refreshed, kinda minty tingly, after using it. But after prolonged use, 2-3 months, my skin became very dry and I felt like it was making my skin worse, so I stopped using it. I recently tried to use it again, after having stopped 7-8 months previous, and I had a very bad reaction. All active blemishes on my face glazed over and started secreting yellowish oil (like olive oil), it looked like I had sun poisoning (which is completely impossible in my case). I now believe I'm allergic to benzoyl peroxide. To those who want to try this product and have never used benzoyl peroxide, I recommend first trying a product with a lower dose. 10% is a considerably high dosage for someone who doesn't know how they'll react. I don't recommend this product to people with sensitive/dry skin or someone using a topical gel/cream/lotion.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/8/2011 8:40:00 PM More reviews by epaton

I've had major acne issues for years. Been through all the drug store and prescription treatments, and then was put on Roaccutane.

I've used this for years. Has been the one cleanser that has helped my skin to some degree.
Proactive was a complete failure for me but this does help (even though they both have the same active ingredient).

I now use this every now and then as a face & body wash when I have a break out, and I also use it as a spot treatment. It really does help to stop infection and dry up zits when used like this.

I have sensitive skin so it can be irritating if I leave it on too long when used as a wash, or around my nose area. I just make sure to use it quickly and rinse it off well.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/28/2010 3:41:00 PM More reviews by sweetchristian

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This product didnt work right away with me, but after a few uses i started noticing that my face was more clear... also when a new breakout is beginning to form i wash my face with this and the next day its hardly even noticeble... I would recommend this product for anyone but not to people who have sensitive skin because this product is really strong... i would totally repurchase