August 20, 2014 | 1438 users online

Dry Shampoo - Oscar Blandi - Pronto Dry Shampoo

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/13/2010 4:01:00 PM More reviews by PolkaDotGlam

I would give this a rating of 5 if the smell were a bit more pleasant - ick!

However, this stuff allows me to go 2 days without shampooing my oily hair. It saves me time and saves my hair color. I also apply it differently than the directions say. I squirt some in my palm and then with my fingers apply it directly to my roots. I find I use too much when I point the nozzle at the roots like the directions indicate. The full sized container has lasted me over a year so it's a good value.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/10/2010 11:35:00 PM More reviews by LetsSwap

Age: Unknown Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Been around the dry shampoo block several times, and I've settled on this one. I have a phobia of oily, icky-smelling unwashed hair (yes, I'm a lil' bit Howard Hughes -LOL) so I put this on at night and when I wake up, my hair smells fresh, with a very light lemon scent. The pointed tip is nice and precise, it doesn't blow powder all over the place. I make sure to brush it through so it won't leave too much white or ash color on my dark hair. This is way better than any dry shampoo spray -the exception being Salon Grafix dry shampoo for dark hair (take a look at my review on that one). I alternate between these two. I use this at night, the other in the daytime.
Will always keep this one around!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/27/2010 9:43:00 PM More reviews by CarrieLynnJ

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

LOVE IT! I bought this to use with my WEN cleansing conditioner. I wash my butt length brown color treated hair maybe twice a week and I get dozens of compliments a day on my hair. This stuff is pretty easy to apply, just like hair color. I go through my hair about every 3 inches (lines, just like hair color). I make sure I rub it in VERY well (around 3-5 minutes) with my finger tips, then I have a natural boar bristle round brush that I use on my hair for another 5 minutes to get all the product out. My hair looks shiny (I may use the jasmine protein spray with some glosser if I am going to re-curl) and smells great. I love that lemony smell. If the smell puts you off, it doesn't linger all that long I find. Secondly, I hate getting my hair cut, I love it the way it is. I haven't cut my hair in over 2 years (I trim it myself little by little if it needs it) and I have NO split ends and before the WEN and this lovely dry shampoo my hair was horrible with the fly aways and split ends.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/18/2010 5:01:00 PM More reviews by qtinmpls

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I'm constantly looking for a great dry shampoo since I heard it's best not to wash your hair every day. I have fine, thin, slightly wavy long black hair that gets flat and oily at the roots if I don't wash every day. So far this is the best dry shampoo I have used, and I've tried Ojon (which has a strong terrible scent!), Pssst Dry Shampoo (which I purchased from the drugstore, but once I read the first ingredient was Butane, I was a bit turned off by that aspect), Cake Beauty (in the brown color and it didn't work great), and Bumble and Bumble in the black color (but that one made a HUGE mess in my bathroom since it sprayed the product all over except where I needed it on my roots). This Oscar Blandi one has a nice lemony clean scent and works really well to absorb the oil on my scalp and roots. Since I have black hair, I have to really work this in well to avoid that grayish white tint. I don't really like the pointed applicator and prefer to put the product directly into my palms and rub them together. Then I apply the product to my roots by running my hands through my scalp area and massaging it in well. I have to apply the product several times to really get rid of the oiliness and it helps to fluff up my hair and give it texture and volume. Using this allows me to go every other day without washing my hair, though I guess I could go an extra day longer. I think the price of this is reasonable since it lasts me quite awhile...maybe 3-4 months and I use this quite a bit. This product would be an HG if it came in a brown/black color.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/9/2010 11:00:00 PM More reviews by GinQ

I bought this product awhile back and it is still half full in my cabinet. The product does work; good oil absorber for those who normally have oily scalp and have to wash their hair everyday. However, I have dark brown hair and I have to be careful to blend the powder in well or else the powder will make my hair appear grey and "dusty." Also, I have to becareful when distributing the product evenly onto the scalp. I have to shake it out slowly or else I will have spots in areas where I would have a glob of powder and just "sprinkles" in others.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/31/2010 3:22:00 PM More reviews by violetsky

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Green

Congratulations, you have paid $20 for cleaning-product scented Baby Powder.

But I cannot stop using it. It works very, very well. I prefer it better than all the other expensive dry shampoo sprays, including it's Blandi sister product because the sprays: are starchy, more expensive and you use more product, don't deposit enough product, make your hair whiter.

This is the best dry shampoo out there. It is essentially baby powder but without the embarrassing baby powder smell. I like the little flute opening which dispenses it pretty cleanly, and even if you do get it of your clothes, rub it off or take a damp towel to it.

Smells like cleaning supplies, but after the first time I used it, I liked it. It was fragrant but not too out there and I got compliments. The scent in one word: Fresh.

Beware: too much makes your hair ashy (if you didn't already know that). If that happens, rub it in more or put a little water on it to soak it up.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/31/2010 11:14:00 AM More reviews by cstone27

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

My best friend introduced me to this dry shampoo in 2006. I'd tried using baby powder but it just didn't do the trick for me. I have to say that I cannot live witihout Oscar Blandi Pronto Dry Shampoo! All my life I've had to wash my hair every other day. That can take a toll on your hair and cause your hair color to fade quickly. It's also a pain for someone on the go with limited time to get ready in the mornings. I've tried other dry shampoos, including Batiste and the U.K. Boots brand of dry shampoo. Both are fine when you're in an emergency situation (i.e. You're in England and run out of Blandi!) but do not compare to Pronto! I also still prefer the bottle to the aerosol can. I have dark hair so to avoid the "grey" powder look, I use a minimal amount, rub it in with my fingers first, and then run a brush through my hair. I love lemons, so the lemon scent is fine with me. I used Pronto @ Rocklahoma the past several years and was able to go days without washing my hair. It gives my hair amazing volume so my hair actually looked better on the last day than it did on the first! Thank you, Oscar Blandi!!! <3

rated 3 of 5 on 3/30/2010 5:23:00 PM More reviews by thelmalu99

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

My hair is very, very oily, so I have to wash it every day. I try to give it a break on the weekends if I'm not going out, so I bought this dry shampoo to soak up some of the excess oil.
I have tried baby powder before, but I really can't stand smelling like a baby's butt all day long. This dry shampoo smells lemony, but it's a really obnoxious artificial smell. Still better than baby powder, though, IMO.
It does work to soak up excess oil from your hair and get rid of that stringy look, but if you're a brunette like me, you have to be very careful not to overdo it, because you WILL look like you dumped a bunch of powder on your head. The best way I have found to apply is to part my hair in different sections, then get some of the powder on my fingertips and work directly onto the scalp and the hair directly at the scalp, one section at a time. When I'm done, I just shake my hair upside-down and run my fingers through, to spread any remaining powder around.
This way, I don't get a head full of white hair.

It's not perfect, but it works for what I need it for.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/29/2010 5:19:00 AM More reviews by colourfulapple

This absolutely does not work on dark hair because it makes my hair "grey". I think this was designed for light-colored hair. The plus side - it smells good and does reduce some of my hair grease. But any baby powder can do the same.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/22/2010 1:09:00 PM More reviews by hulachic6

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I usually put a dime to penny size in my palm, rub my palms together and distribute at the scalp distrubuting in a circular motion. I have dark brown/black hair so it shows up a bit easily so I try to distribute as much as possible on the scalp area.

The smell is okay, very lemon-y. The packaging could use some tweaking because you have to really be careful how much pressure you apply to squeezing the bottle because it sprays out easily leaving a mess.

It's okay for touch ups but I probably won't buy the regular size bottle again and only buy the travel size. I do prefer it to aerosol at times because you can definitely spot treat.