December 22, 2014 | 1329 users online

Dry Shampoo - Oscar Blandi - Pronto Dry Shampoo

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/19/2010 4:16:00 PM More reviews by Diva99

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I am very impressed with this dry shampoo! It does the trick and takes away oil to make my hair look freshly washed (and with a nice lemony scent that isn't too overpowering!) It also rejuvenates volume and is especially good to use before putting my hair up in a ponytail. But I find if I apply this to 2nd day hair (or if you want to go an additional extra day or two without shampooing) it won't "re-style" the hair in any way but it does the job of making it clean again and non-greasy. I would give it 5 lippies if it did miracles to make my hair nice enough to wear down on the 2nd or 3rd day, but since it doesn't create the effect of a good blowout, I'll still give it a well-deserved 4 lippies for adding volume and doing the job of allowing me to go an extra day without shampooing when I choose to.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/1/2010 12:57:00 PM More reviews by flutter24

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This product is great. It instantly takes away the grease and adds volume. I have dark brown hair and I like to put about a dime size amount into my palm and rub it around in my hands and then starting at the roots I rub the product into my hair. I work my way around my whole head adding more product into my hands. I do this because my hair doesn't turn white like it does if I put the product directly on my roots. The smell is great, smells like lemons. It lasts a long time too. I've had my bottle for about 6 months now and I still have half of the product left. I try and use it every other day. I will definatley purchase this product again. I get compliments all the time on my hair when I tell my friends that I didn't wash my hair, they just can't believe it!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/25/2010 12:38:00 AM More reviews by andygirrl1

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I m absolutely in LOVE with this product. I've been dying my hair for 10 years and since it's highly processed I get very oily roots and dry ends. I needed a product that would be gentle on my hair but still absorb oil in between washings. This is highly highly recommended to try. My hair gets ridiculously oily and this absorbs it all away. It has a light lemony scent which is nice. I just part my hair in three sections and powder them moderately and brush it from side to side front to back and it looks like I just washed my hair! LOVE LOVE LOVE I wish I knew about this product ages ago and will definately repurchase!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/15/2010 9:43:00 PM More reviews by juliehj81

Good dry shampoo. It's a white powder that comes out at the pointed tip. I seperate my hair into 2 inch sections and sprinkle this down the roots. Then I rub my fingers throughout my scalp to work the product in and get rid of areas with too much product, then I comb/brush my hair. I leaves a fresh citrus smell that I like. Your hair is still soft and none sticky, unlike some spray dry shampoos that leave gummy residue. I will be repurchasing this when I run out.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/13/2010 4:01:00 PM More reviews by PolkaDotGlam

I would give this a rating of 5 if the smell were a bit more pleasant - ick!

However, this stuff allows me to go 2 days without shampooing my oily hair. It saves me time and saves my hair color. I also apply it differently than the directions say. I squirt some in my palm and then with my fingers apply it directly to my roots. I find I use too much when I point the nozzle at the roots like the directions indicate. The full sized container has lasted me over a year so it's a good value.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/10/2010 11:35:00 PM More reviews by LetsSwap

Age: Unknown Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Been around the dry shampoo block several times, and I've settled on this one. I have a phobia of oily, icky-smelling unwashed hair (yes, I'm a lil' bit Howard Hughes -LOL) so I put this on at night and when I wake up, my hair smells fresh, with a very light lemon scent. The pointed tip is nice and precise, it doesn't blow powder all over the place. I make sure to brush it through so it won't leave too much white or ash color on my dark hair. This is way better than any dry shampoo spray -the exception being Salon Grafix dry shampoo for dark hair (take a look at my review on that one). I alternate between these two. I use this at night, the other in the daytime.
Will always keep this one around!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/27/2010 9:43:00 PM More reviews by CarrieLynnJ

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

LOVE IT! I bought this to use with my WEN cleansing conditioner. I wash my butt length brown color treated hair maybe twice a week and I get dozens of compliments a day on my hair. This stuff is pretty easy to apply, just like hair color. I go through my hair about every 3 inches (lines, just like hair color). I make sure I rub it in VERY well (around 3-5 minutes) with my finger tips, then I have a natural boar bristle round brush that I use on my hair for another 5 minutes to get all the product out. My hair looks shiny (I may use the jasmine protein spray with some glosser if I am going to re-curl) and smells great. I love that lemony smell. If the smell puts you off, it doesn't linger all that long I find. Secondly, I hate getting my hair cut, I love it the way it is. I haven't cut my hair in over 2 years (I trim it myself little by little if it needs it) and I have NO split ends and before the WEN and this lovely dry shampoo my hair was horrible with the fly aways and split ends.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/18/2010 5:01:00 PM More reviews by qtinmpls

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I'm constantly looking for a great dry shampoo since I heard it's best not to wash your hair every day. I have fine, thin, slightly wavy long black hair that gets flat and oily at the roots if I don't wash every day. So far this is the best dry shampoo I have used, and I've tried Ojon (which has a strong terrible scent!), Pssst Dry Shampoo (which I purchased from the drugstore, but once I read the first ingredient was Butane, I was a bit turned off by that aspect), Cake Beauty (in the brown color and it didn't work great), and Bumble and Bumble in the black color (but that one made a HUGE mess in my bathroom since it sprayed the product all over except where I needed it on my roots). This Oscar Blandi one has a nice lemony clean scent and works really well to absorb the oil on my scalp and roots. Since I have black hair, I have to really work this in well to avoid that grayish white tint. I don't really like the pointed applicator and prefer to put the product directly into my palms and rub them together. Then I apply the product to my roots by running my hands through my scalp area and massaging it in well. I have to apply the product several times to really get rid of the oiliness and it helps to fluff up my hair and give it texture and volume. Using this allows me to go every other day without washing my hair, though I guess I could go an extra day longer. I think the price of this is reasonable since it lasts me quite awhile...maybe 3-4 months and I use this quite a bit. This product would be an HG if it came in a brown/black color.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/9/2010 11:00:00 PM More reviews by GinQ

I bought this product awhile back and it is still half full in my cabinet. The product does work; good oil absorber for those who normally have oily scalp and have to wash their hair everyday. However, I have dark brown hair and I have to be careful to blend the powder in well or else the powder will make my hair appear grey and "dusty." Also, I have to becareful when distributing the product evenly onto the scalp. I have to shake it out slowly or else I will have spots in areas where I would have a glob of powder and just "sprinkles" in others.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/31/2010 3:22:00 PM More reviews by violetsky

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Green

Congratulations, you have paid $20 for cleaning-product scented Baby Powder.

But I cannot stop using it. It works very, very well. I prefer it better than all the other expensive dry shampoo sprays, including it's Blandi sister product because the sprays: are starchy, more expensive and you use more product, don't deposit enough product, make your hair whiter.

This is the best dry shampoo out there. It is essentially baby powder but without the embarrassing baby powder smell. I like the little flute opening which dispenses it pretty cleanly, and even if you do get it of your clothes, rub it off or take a damp towel to it.

Smells like cleaning supplies, but after the first time I used it, I liked it. It was fragrant but not too out there and I got compliments. The scent in one word: Fresh.

Beware: too much makes your hair ashy (if you didn't already know that). If that happens, rub it in more or put a little water on it to soak it up.