Oscar Blandi Pronto Dry Shampoo

3.8

Oryza sativa (rice) starch, aluminum starch octenylsuccinate, kaolin, silica, acrylates copolymer, tapioca starch, fragrance, oryza sativa (rice) brain oil, beta glucan, avena sativa (oat) bran extract, rice amino acids, magnesium carbonate, hectorite, melaleuca alternifolia (tea tree) oil, chloroxylenol. MAY contain: titanium dioxide.

on 7/11/2010 11:46:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

This is a HG product for me. It works great, lasts a long time, smells great, does what I need it to do.
My hair is naturally blonde and wavy but I wear it straight a couple times a week.
I section my hair off with a comb and do strips at a time, dotting this on and then brushing/ pulling my hands through to distribute. I focus more on my crown/ bangs because that's where I tend to be oiliest (I touch my bangs a lot). This also helps to brighten up my blonde, which I love. I would imagine this works best with blonde hair.

I have tried the aerosol version of this and was not impressed(I bought a duo at Ulta during the holiday season- it came with a jumbo powder and a mini aerosol). I really love the powder version. It has lasted me a long time and really helps me to only wash every two or three days. I've tried lots of dry shampoos and this is the best imo.

Amazing product, totally worth the price. I paid $10 for a small travel size container, but it has lasted me a very long time. I have jet black and purple hair but this doesn't leave a white residue. I add about a quarter into my palm and run tap my fingers into it, then massage onto certain parts of my roots where extra care is needed (bangs, part etc). I then rub between my palms and massage my whole head. I do this while upside down.
I flip my head over (it looks like a lion's mane) and let it settle. After about 5 minutes I brush my hair. I heard brushing immediately after applying dry shampoo causes frizz, so that's why I wait.
It smells like lemon, it's fairly strong. It would be nice for someone who likes citrus scents. I hate the smell of citrus but this is manageable. I don't find it builds up either. I try to go about 4 days between washing my hair, and I use this every day between. My hair always feels clean and looks fresh.
Worth every penny.

on 6/30/2010 4:12:00 AM

I never really used this product until my cousin had head surgery and couldn't wash his hair for a while. I gave this to him and he said it worked very well so I started to use be between washes, it felt almost as fresh as newly showered hair. Of course at first it feels weird and icky not washing my hair every day but it is actually recommended to wash your hair once or twice a week. I wash mine every other day and this shampoo gives me the volume i need between washes and absorbs the junk on my hair.

I recently tried Tresemme's dry shampoo spray because I really don't want to spend $20 on shampoo but it has nothing on this dry shampoo. Definitely will stick to Oscar Blandi.

on 6/19/2010 4:16:00 PM

I am very impressed with this dry shampoo! It does the trick and takes away oil to make my hair look freshly washed (and with a nice lemony scent that isn't too overpowering!) It also rejuvenates volume and is especially good to use before putting my hair up in a ponytail. But I find if I apply this to 2nd day hair (or if you want to go an additional extra day or two without shampooing) it won't "re-style" the hair in any way but it does the job of making it clean again and non-greasy. I would give it 5 lippies if it did miracles to make my hair nice enough to wear down on the 2nd or 3rd day, but since it doesn't create the effect of a good blowout, I'll still give it a well-deserved 4 lippies for adding volume and doing the job of allowing me to go an extra day without shampooing when I choose to.

on 6/1/2010 12:57:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

This product is great. It instantly takes away the grease and adds volume. I have dark brown hair and I like to put about a dime size amount into my palm and rub it around in my hands and then starting at the roots I rub the product into my hair. I work my way around my whole head adding more product into my hands. I do this because my hair doesn't turn white like it does if I put the product directly on my roots. The smell is great, smells like lemons. It lasts a long time too. I've had my bottle for about 6 months now and I still have half of the product left. I try and use it every other day. I will definatley purchase this product again. I get compliments all the time on my hair when I tell my friends that I didn't wash my hair, they just can't believe it!

on 5/25/2010 12:38:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I m absolutely in LOVE with this product. I've been dying my hair for 10 years and since it's highly processed I get very oily roots and dry ends. I needed a product that would be gentle on my hair but still absorb oil in between washings. This is highly highly recommended to try. My hair gets ridiculously oily and this absorbs it all away. It has a light lemony scent which is nice. I just part my hair in three sections and powder them moderately and brush it from side to side front to back and it looks like I just washed my hair! LOVE LOVE LOVE I wish I knew about this product ages ago and will definately repurchase!

on 5/15/2010 9:43:00 PM

Good dry shampoo. It's a white powder that comes out at the pointed tip. I seperate my hair into 2 inch sections and sprinkle this down the roots. Then I rub my fingers throughout my scalp to work the product in and get rid of areas with too much product, then I comb/brush my hair. I leaves a fresh citrus smell that I like. Your hair is still soft and none sticky, unlike some spray dry shampoos that leave gummy residue. I will be repurchasing this when I run out.

on 5/13/2010 4:01:00 PM

I would give this a rating of 5 if the smell were a bit more pleasant - ick!

However, this stuff allows me to go 2 days without shampooing my oily hair. It saves me time and saves my hair color. I also apply it differently than the directions say. I squirt some in my palm and then with my fingers apply it directly to my roots. I find I use too much when I point the nozzle at the roots like the directions indicate. The full sized container has lasted me over a year so it's a good value.

on 5/10/2010 11:35:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Been around the dry shampoo block several times, and I've settled on this one. I have a phobia of oily, icky-smelling unwashed hair (yes, I'm a lil' bit Howard Hughes -LOL) so I put this on at night and when I wake up, my hair smells fresh, with a very light lemon scent. The pointed tip is nice and precise, it doesn't blow powder all over the place. I make sure to brush it through so it won't leave too much white or ash color on my dark hair. This is way better than any dry shampoo spray -the exception being Salon Grafix dry shampoo for dark hair (take a look at my review on that one). I alternate between these two. I use this at night, the other in the daytime.
Will always keep this one around!

on 4/27/2010 9:43:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

LOVE IT! I bought this to use with my WEN cleansing conditioner. I wash my butt length brown color treated hair maybe twice a week and I get dozens of compliments a day on my hair. This stuff is pretty easy to apply, just like hair color. I go through my hair about every 3 inches (lines, just like hair color). I make sure I rub it in VERY well (around 3-5 minutes) with my finger tips, then I have a natural boar bristle round brush that I use on my hair for another 5 minutes to get all the product out. My hair looks shiny (I may use the jasmine protein spray with some glosser if I am going to re-curl) and smells great. I love that lemony smell. If the smell puts you off, it doesn't linger all that long I find. Secondly, I hate getting my hair cut, I love it the way it is. I haven't cut my hair in over 2 years (I trim it myself little by little if it needs it) and I have NO split ends and before the WEN and this lovely dry shampoo my hair was horrible with the fly aways and split ends.