April 18, 2014 | 903 users online

Primer/ Corrector - BeneFit Cosmetics - Dr Feelgood

rated 2 of 5 on 7/28/2011 5:12:00 PM More reviews by rvdiaz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is NOT for oily skin, doesn't mattify it actually made me look shiny, doesn't cover pores, it's more like a moisturizer at best, i'd rather use a cheap face primer from like e.l.f or nyx, it has a really cute tin though that i use for storing other makeup products but for the amount of money paid, it is not worth it at all.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/27/2011 11:06:00 AM More reviews by Eve8

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I read loads of reviews about this product before buying it. Good and bad. I decided to buy it anyway and was disapointed the first time I tried it on. It was in the evening, after a day in London and I wanted to check if it really was effective against my shiny-end-of-the-day-skin. I applied it on my nose: nothing. Then I applied it on my boyfriend's nose which was also a bit shiny: nothing either.
The next day, I tried again at the end of the day but with more product: still nothing.
I watched a few reviews on the net as how to use it, but it didn't help, as everyone seems to find it difficult to use.
I gave it another try this morning and I think I'm starting to get a grip on this product. I first applied my moisturizer, then the balm, everywhere on my face. My skin was indeed more even! I then applied my concealer (I had to put less, as it was blending more easily into my skin), my powder and my blush, and I can tell there is a difference. My skin seems beter. I couldn' explain how exactly, but it is.
So, here are the things to remember if you have combination skin like mine:
- only apply on deeply moisturized skin
- don't dab it as told on the tin, but take a good quantity on the spnoge and apply it like you would with a powder
- don't apply over make up
- don't apply before make up if you use liquid foundation
Update 14/10/11: Big news, when I first wrote my review, I picked "will not buy again" and guess what I did yesterday just after noticing I was almost out of Dr Feelgood... I bought a new tin! I really got to love this product as weeks went by. It might be a bit difficult to apply at first with the strange wax consistency, but it really helps my make up to stay put all day, it softens the skin, makes it even and I found you have to use less concealer and powder after applying Dr Feelgood than without. So yes, expensive, difficult to find the good way for you to use it, doesn't really hide fine lines or pores, but if you only look at it as a simple primer, it's great. Of course, the problem is that Benefit promises way more than "just a primer"...
Update 14/02: After seven month of using this product, I realize I couldn't do without it now. It has become an important step in my make up routine and helps my make-up to stay put all day, summer or winter. It makes my skin soft and even. I'm addicted to it and just wanted to let you girls know! I've even added two lippies to my original rating! It took a while but now, I LOVE it!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 6/22/2011 7:47:00 PM More reviews by vickywang

This product is a completely no no for me. It is so hard to spread evenly on the face even I use my fingertips. It is waxy and I feel it sits on top of my skin for ages. It does nothing abt oil control and minimise pores. As for such high price, product itself is a total failure.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/22/2011 7:30:00 PM More reviews by cessica

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Hazel

I bought this on the premise that it would help conceal my pores and give me a nice, flawless, even base on which to put my foundation.

Hmm..this is basically cakey oil in a tin.
It didn't conceal my pores so much as it did block them and it made my skin quite lumpy as I found it didn't sink in as quickly as I would have liked.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/21/2011 8:56:00 AM More reviews by sputnik

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm not sure what a "complexion balm" is supposed to be, or what it's supposed to do.
This is marketed towards oilier skin types as a balm- that mattifies. A balm, that mattifies... I am still puzzled as to how I could have fallen for something which sounds so counterintuitive in the first place. Maybe it's all the good luck I've been having with TheBalm's products, but I digress.
As for Dr. Feelgood: It's unsanitary and impossible to use as a mattifier during touch ups, because it will ruin your makeup. Even if you carefully pat it with that sponge it comes with, you will easily see the transfer on the sponge. I tried it as a primer, but this just seems like an inferior version of their very own Porefessional, or the Skin Smoothig Face Prep by Nars.
It smells good, it feels good (so I guess they didn't lie), but I don't know if it really does anything to improve my skin's appearance in a noticeable way, it doesn't even mattify. So what is this for? Pore spackle? They should just say so then.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/21/2011 1:05:00 AM More reviews by ellieface23

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This product is absolutely amazing!! After wearing Dr. Feelgood for a while, I can't imagine NOT wearing it under my makeup!! My skin is combination, but in the summer time/any time it's over 80 degrees, my skin tends to lean more on the oily side. This velvety magical face balm makes my face matte and keeps shine at bay for hours. I can see how on certain skin types it may not be ideal, but if you are thinking about trying this product, I would definitely give it a try! If it doesn't work for you, you can always take it back. It is one of my MOST essential makeup products EVER now :-).

rated 5 of 5 on 5/29/2011 10:08:00 PM More reviews by lilasbaby

i love this product!!!! it smells soooo lovely and refreshing!! it gives me a good mood everything i smell it!! the sponge is soo nice to touch and use. the package is lovely. i use it as a primer to give my skin a matte look before i use my bb cream (foundation). it gives a protective layer from makeup and makes it last longer and look better.

the only con is that the sponge can get dirty and it is a bit pricey for me. it would also be a bonus if it contains SPF.

however, given all the other pros, i would definitely buy this again!!

rated 1 of 5 on 5/9/2011 1:17:00 PM More reviews by arissamay

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I absolutely hate this primer. It didn't make me feel good, it made me feel ripped off. The sponge that comes in the container is useless, removes too much product during use and then fails to actually apply the product effectively, so a lot of the product crumbles off of the sponge during application and is lost. I basically had to apply this product with my fingers and even then it did not go on smoothly, was difficult to even out and did nothing for my skin that several less expensive primers couldn't do. It also did not absorb well on my face in dry areas - takes too much work and too much money for too little payoff.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/4/2011 2:38:00 PM More reviews by LaceyH

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

this was the 1st primer i ever used, and i tried a friend's, so i only used it a couple times.

price is a little expensive for me, $20-ish on ebay, i think?
i feel like the packaging isnt sanitary, as the same sponge would be used to apply it and then placed back in the container. but the packaging's CUTE, at least :)
it felt nice going on and while it was on under my MU, but thats about it. applied under liquid foundation i realy didnt notice much of a difference. maybe the foundation lasted longer, but you can get that from any primer. and i actually used it on the premise that it'd fill in some acne scars and make my MU go on more evenly, but it didnt do that at all.
while it didnt cause me any breakouts, i feel like i could spend way less on some preparation H, or monistat anti-chafing gel, and get a better result, so i would not (re) buy. well, you know, i wouldnt buy in the 1st place ;)

rated 4 of 5 on 4/23/2011 5:54:00 AM More reviews by katable

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm on my first tin of Dr Feelgood, and since I've started to hit pan, I thought I'd share my thoughts on it -
The Good:
I love how it makes my face feel so silky smooth and soft that I just want to keep touching it - it does a fairly good job on minimising pores, although the Porefessional does an even better job. I was expecting to breakout from this product, but I haven't! (And this is coming from someone who's had to use prescription medication for acne.) I find that it works very well as a primer for liquid foundation and that's how I usually use this. It gives an even, slightly dewy/ semi-matte finish which I like. It's also handy for touch-ups during the day when my makeup starts to go cakey from my oily skin - I just swipe a bit of Dr Feelgood with my finger and dab/ lightly press it onto whatever need fixing and voila! evens out creases, and makes makeup look smooth and fresh again. I've found this better than using powder (which usually makes things look heavier/patchy/cracked/flaky depending on the exact powder).
Its also in a handy tin to carry around easily and has a lovely citrus scent.
The Bad:
The sponge is really annoying and hard to get out of the tin. It tends to hold onto a lot of product but doesn't apply very efficiently, leaving product building up in it. It needs regular washing.
It doesn't work very well in covering up lines.
If you want to use this straight after foundation (to give a very natural dewy finish and smooth enough to blend blusher/highlighter), you'll have to get the product on the sponge and then pat VERY gently so that you don't cake your face or just wipe off your foundation.
Overall:
Even though there's some tedious aspects to making Dr Feelgood work for me, I'm addicted to the feel, the smell, and the way makes my makeup look. Will definitely repurchase despite the price, because this is as close to flawless looking skin as I can get I think (think pores, red patches, acne scars, and oily skin with some dry patches).

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No