April 24, 2014 | 1003 users online

Mascara - L'Oreal - Voluminous in Carbon Black

rated 1 of 5 on 4/28/2013 10:37:00 AM More reviews by makeupwithM

I've repurchased the cover girl lash blast waterproof many many many times and figured maybe I can try something different. Had always heard very good things about this one so I didn't have a second thought on this being a great mascara BuT even with the waterproof version it transfers SO much. I have to clean my undereyes at least every 2 hours. I'm so disappointed and its a little more expensive compare to the cover girl. Erg.

I do have to say it is super dark. I can't tell when it on my lashes, it look similar to the lash blast but when I take it off at the end of the day I can tell my cotton pad is much darker.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/17/2013 6:05:00 PM More reviews by cameobear

I've been wanting to try Tarte Lights Camera Lashes! for awhile, but decided to try this first, as I've heard it's a good dupe. Obviously I haven't used Tarte LCL, so I'm not sure how this compares, but I have no interest in trying it anymore, this is so amazing for the price!

I have so many mascaras, that it takes a lot for one to stand out to me. I have very long lashes, so volume is a must for me. This formula is so, well, voluminous! And the brush will coat every last lash, without clumps! It also works great on lower lashes, and is probably the blackest mascara I own.

The only downside is, the wet formula takes awhile to dry, so it's easy to smudge right after you put it on. Once it sets, I can last 12+ hours flake and smudge free!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/14/2013 8:18:00 PM More reviews by ninaflorezbowling

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I prefer this mascara over expensive store brands such as Chanel and Estee Lauder! This makes my lashes twice as long as any other mascara that i have used. It lengthens, extends, and gives it a nice full look. I bought this for around $12.99 which may seem some what expensive for buying at CVS but is actually affordable when compared to $50 Chanel. I highly suggest buying this mascara for fuller and thicker lashes!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/14/2013 7:33:00 PM More reviews by ashleyl917

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have not used this mascara in a long time, but it had previously been my staple. I remember both why I loved it, and why I stopped using it. The carbon black formula gives you super thick, dark lashes, which I love. I use two coats and have great looking lashes. However, this product is not without faults. I prefer a softer finish on the lashes, and this product can feel heavy and hard on your eye lashes. Also, it can flake more than other mascaras I've used...but not enough to be one that I will not use. Overall, for a drugstore mascara this is a great buy. It's one that I keep coming back to, and is definitely worth a try!

rated 1 of 5 on 4/12/2013 10:49:00 PM More reviews by Kellaaaaay

At first when I was researching reviews for this mascara everyone was saying that it was the best mascara ever. That is sucha a lie. It smudges all the time ! I bought the waterproof one and it still smudges. I'm not sure if it's how i put it on but it smudges no matter what I do. I defintely would not reccomend anyone to buy it. I'm sorry but it's not a good mascara.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/21/2013 8:47:00 AM More reviews by brio815

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I love this mascara. I got it at Dollar Geberal for $6. Idk if that's good or bad compared to other places that sell it. But less than $10 is good IMO. I hadn't used this mascara in a long time. I love the Carbon Black. It thickens my lashes. I use it after I later on Covergirl's Clump Crusher. My lashes look extra dark. Love. The brush is soft (doesn't poke your eyes or lash line like the rubber wands). Yes, is purchase again. The only complaint I have is a lot if product is on the brush when I pull out the wand. So I have to wipe it in the open end of the tube (you know). Other than that- it's great. Not dry or flaky. My lashes feel soft.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/21/2013 8:39:00 AM More reviews by GMJAG

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Neutral Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is an amazing mascara. It is extremely dark; hence the name CARBON BLACK. It really gives volume and adds some length. It's a very wet formula, which I personally like. I've bought this before, and I must admit that I am a mascara skeptic who goes around trying everything. It's untelling the number of various brands of mascara I've purchased. This is one I have come back to to. It's just great all around, it's a reasonable price...2 thumbs up for L'Oreal! :)

rated 5 of 5 on 3/15/2013 3:41:00 PM More reviews by humc

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have been using this mascara for about two years and it is highly likely that I will not purchasing another mascara aside from this one.

Before this mascara, I had tried numerous- Cover Girl Lash Blast, other L'Oreal mascaras, Rimmel London, Maybelline Colossal Lashes, etc. and none of those has compared to this mascara.
I tired this because of a beauty guru mentioned it as her favorite (I don't remember who it was!). so I went out and bought it- and I'm SO happy I did!

The consistency of this mascara it thick and wett-ish at first, but after a few uses it because a litter drier (but obviously not too dry, it because to perfect consistency). The brush is also a good size and a good amount of product comes out on it. Though this happens, it will not make your lashes look clumpy because the brush evenly applies and smooths everything out!
This mascara works really well with my lashes and gives me full, black, dramatic looking lashes. I am in love.

If your eyelids get oily, I suggest applying a setting/mattifying powder just where your eyelashed would touch your brow-area because it can rub off a little bit. However, its nothing a Q-tip and powder can't fix because this mascara is definitely worth it!

rated 2 of 5 on 3/13/2013 1:30:00 PM More reviews by boobookeys

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Bought this mascara after watching YouTubers hype over it like crazy but honestly am not impressed at all. This is definitely one to go to if you want to get very voluminous lashes easily. 1 coat is enough for crazy volume! Lashes look very thick, black and voluminous. However, there are tons more reasons for me not to like this mascara.

First, the formula is extremely GOOPY! So much so that the wand literally slides out of the tube like butter. I was hoping that it would dry out and become easier to work with (like some other mascaras), but it didn't. This causes the wand to have way too much product, which results in clumpy lashes carrying too much product, unless you take EXTRA caution to apply this slowly, or wipe off most of the product onto a tissue. The wet formula also takes a long while to dry so I have to keep my eyes shut or it'll ruin my eyeshadow -.- For me, it is too difficult to work with.

Second, it is not waterproof so it smudges quite easily. You CANNOT rub your eyes with this on. Your lashes will 'stamp' mascara on your lids/bottom lashes. This is the type of mascara you wear if you want a black stream of tears down your face when you start to cry.

Third, removing it is a pain. It is easy to remove off your lashes, but then it just transfers all around your eyes which is crazy difficult to remove from there! Takes at least 2-3 rounds of cleansing to really get it all off my face.

Definitely not a mascara I can apply and go and not worry about for the rest of the day. :\

rated 5 of 5 on 3/7/2013 4:09:00 PM More reviews by beautycouture

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a great mascara if you want to get volume. It takes about 2 coats to get luscious full lashes.
I love it.