L'Oreal Voluminous in Carbon Black

3.5

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Straight, Other

This mascara gives some length and lots of volume.The color is a true rich black.This is my 3rd go to mascara..

I highly recommend,and would purchase again

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure

Very average. Not bad but not amazing. Adds length and volume but not remarkably so on either count.

I did like the Carbon Black color.

It is extremely liquidy and runny. Also takes forever to dry.

This mascara did nothing for me! I heard a lot of hype about this being a great product so I bought it. It flakes and smudges and it smells like chemicals. I'll be sticking with cover girl!

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This has been my number 1 mascara for years. I love it!!

This product is just meh. Sometimes on a good day I can get it to look real nice, but usually it just clumps up, and that's with the first coat only. I feel like it's real heavy and my eyelashes already have a hard time holding a curl so this doesn't help that. It's nothing special, for me at least.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I don't really like this mascara because I got it In waterproof but it sucks, at the end of the day it smudges really bad n I look like a raccoon, and is so hard to come off!!! I'm forever sticking with maybelline rocket waterproof without the scrubbing nd tugging , moving on!!!!

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Clumpy lashes galore

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

This is my number one, go-to mascara. It just works. The wand is so simple, but it makes my lashes full and long and super black without clumping. I will always repurchase. Mascara is very personal, but this works very well for me, and I have very short, light lashes that are terrible without a good mascara. This is a must for me.

I bought this with high expectations and I'm disappointed. It doesn't hold a curl even if I curl my lashes after applying.. It seems like it makes my lashes straight. Although it is jet black and gives good volume I won't be repurchasing.

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I'm generally a fan of the L'Oreal Voluminous line, so this time around I figured I would try the Carbon Black formula (waterproof).

L'Oreal Voluminous Carbon Black is a super wet, super black mascara. I'm a fan of both of these things - I'd rather wait a bit longer for my mascara to dry fully if it gives me more time to perfect my lashes. The brush is good, and I find I'm able to put on two-three coats with minimal clumping (surprising, given the formula and the pipe-cleaner-esque spoolie). The result: beautiful, dark, long, voluminous lashes. They're perfect, really.

There's always a downside, though, right? And this one seems to be pretty common, based on the other reviews I've seen of this mascara: the SMUDGING, good god. It's awful. Without fail, by the end of the day I'll have a couple of dark spots of mascara under my eyes. And don't even THINK about putting this on your lower lashes. It'll be a disaster. I didn't expect this of a waterproof formula! What's the point of having a formula that's impossible to remove (another downside) if it won't even stop the mascara from ending up under your eyes?

All in all, I was pleased with the result, but disappointed with the wear. I think I'll go back to my L'Oreal Voluminous Original - it gives me everything this mascara gives me WITHOUT the smudging.

Popular Mascaras