August 29, 2014 | 1341 users online

Deodorants - Certain Dri

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/5/2012 1:43:00 PM More reviews by kgloverii

Follow the instructions; put it on at night before bed, not right after a shower, a couple dabs, not a lot..: that's it. Super effective. You won't sweat the next day. Better than all the rest. I still use a deoderant product in the morning just cause I like lifting my arms and having a nice scent there.

WARNING: If you put this on after a shower or after shaving, you will have an AWFUL burning feeling under your arms. I forgot one time and will never forget again. If I forget to apply one night before bed, I don't stress. This stuff works more than one day for me. I just feel more confident using it on a daily basis.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/30/2012 12:42:00 AM More reviews by fromskyline

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Black

I had a few friends tell me to try Certain Dri, because a couple of them had managed to stop sweating all together in their armpits with a full year's use of this stuff.
So. This is my journey.
Day 1: I took a shower 30 minutes ago - my armpits have no been shaved for the past couple weeks (I usually pluck but I haven't even been able to do that for the past 1 week). My armpits are dry for the most part. I'm scared of all the reviews that say they experienced incredible pain/itching. I can't stand either - so I've decided to use only 1 full swipe under each armpit. I've decided to also not use it by turning the applicator upside to dump the liquid onto my armpit - rather, I've decided to use it upright so I only use the few drops that are on the applicator ball. I cautiously applied just 1 swipe under each armpit, and shimmied my arms to try to best evenly spread out the formula. Afterward, I felt a couple areas were not touched by the formula. I very gently dabbed couple areas under my armpits. No itching, maybe only a slight burning - like I just scrubbed my armpits a little too hard. Went away after 20 seconds. I decide to apply a 2nd swipe under each armpit. No burning, no itching. Whew. I'm in the clear. Oh. Wait. Nope. 3 minutes later a slight itching under my right armpit has started. I definitely applied a little more under that one than my left one. Why does this even itch in the first place?! The itching better mean my sweat glands are slowly dying off. But after 1 minute, the itching is gone.

I have an event tomorrow night where I will be shoved into a room with too many heated bodies. I hope this stuff works cause photos will definitely be taken.

Edit___
Day 2: Maybe I'm just not a particularly sweaty kind of person, but this definitely held up tonight! And I was in a packed room of hot sweaty bodies. PITS NICE 'N DRYYY.
I hope it stays that way forever haahha
Day 3: It's kind of humid outside, and whenever it's humid outside, my pits start to sweat a little. But today, my pits are dry. They're not like the deathly tight-dry that occurs when you put too much acne medication on your face, more like a controlled dry.
Day 4: Re-application time!!! This stuff is good. No sweaty armpits even when I'm dying during yoga. I wish I could apply this to my scalp as well - I suffer from extreme head sweatiness as well. Now what am I supposed to do with my 3 other Secret "Clinical Strength" Deodorants?!
- I will update this if Certain Dri goes downhill for me :] -

:UPDATE: I've been using this for over a month now. And I'd like to share some tips/experiences with new users (or users who've had some problems with this)

1. I only try to apply this once a week. And when I apply it, I apply it right where my armpit folds, no higher, no lower. If you go higher/lower, your skin there will flake and it's a weird sight, seeing flaky armpits. I usually apply 30 minutes after I shower - but I make sure my armpits are dry dry dry (even sometimes using a hairdryer).

2. When I do apply it, I make sure it's WET with the product. Not damp. You want to make sure it's WET WET WET (not dripping though, that's too much - if it drips wipe off from areas that aren't exactly where your armpit folds) so that the product can penetrate through all your layers of skin and actually block the sweat pores.
If you just make it damp, it'll just dry out the upper skin layers and won't block the sweat pores - you'll learn this is what you did if your armpits gets dry & flaky but you're still sweating like you never put any antiperspirant on in the first place.

3. After proper application, I keep my armpits shut. As in I'm doing whatever I need to do but not removing my elbows from my ribcage. I want my armpits to soak in Certain Dri, not just dry off into the air. After 10 minutes of this armpit clamp down, I then let my armpits dry via air.

4. I can't get used to the initial burning and then itching afterward. But I've become more tolerant of it. As in after several times of experiencing this, it no longer makes me want to cry and then viciously scratch my armpits. I think it's just something you have to get accept...

rated 5 of 5 on 4/28/2012 10:45:00 AM More reviews by dillman25

Discovered this years ago and have been using it ever since. Best thing ever! It will itch if you use too much, great that you just swipe before bed and thats it. I haven't bought regular deodorant in years. It is a bit pricey, but it lasts a long time, so it's well worth the price.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/28/2012 7:22:00 AM More reviews by euroasian

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Other

The only thing short of Botox that has prevented me from perspiring. I have been sweaty all my darn life (one of my many charms) and I have had to throw out beloved tops and dresses because of it. I'm the type that sweats just thinking about my sweating problem. Oh, and during times of stress? Boy, it gets nasty! It has also limited my choice of fabric and colour so it was quite debilitating. I have used all the "clinical strength" A/P's, including Secret Clinical, Dry Ideal, and Ban. This has changed my life. I can now wear my blazers, leather jackets, etc. without having to wear a sleeved top or stick panty liners (yeah, that's right) in them. I only apply it once every 2-3 nights on the days I shave my pits in the morning (so my skin has a chance to settle down). I love that it is non-scented so it won't clash with my fragrance. And while I haven't noticed excess sweating in other areas yet even if it did happen I wouldn't trade this for the world. I have even turned my sisters onto this (one happy, sweaty family). I love you, Certain Dri!!!

9 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/8/2012 11:32:00 PM More reviews by italiana800

For starters, I don't have an excessive perspiration problem. BUT, I get easily annoyed (as I'm sure many others do as well) by my underarms sweating constantly at random moments because many deodorants don't seem to have the "power" to last long. My HG for years has been Mitchum for men gel deodorant/antiperspirant. Which, I still love & it works wonders, & Mitchum has been the best I've found so far. But, in the summer it kind of starts to lack its power. So, that's why I decided to look for something a little more effective, like Certain Dri. I will admit, after purchasing this I was kind of scared to use it after reading all the reviews on here about how this burns/stings/itches/overly dries underarms like crazy. There were even people claiming that they couldn't sleep at night after applying this, & were tossing & turning in bed from this. Finally, I got the courage to apply this for the first time....& WOW, I was amazed. NONE, NOT ONE of the terrible things I was reading about this product turned out to be true...& I followed the instructions on the bottle to a "T". There was no burning, itching, stinging, or overly drying of the skin in any way, whatsoever. I also have sensitive skin, so if this were to irritate anyone's skin, it would've definitely irritated mine...& it didn't. Having said that, this will burn if you apply to freshly shaven underarms,
but it's nothing unbearable. I was actually pleasantly surprised. This also dried fairly fast, 10 min tops. I applied 3-4 strokes of this on each of my underarms, & I have not sweat since! I love this stuff. I also waited to use this a couple times before writing this review, just to make sure this didn't have any bad side effects. I noticed this takes about a few days to really start working. At first, I wasn't sure if this was working because I still did sweat a little, but after about a week your body gets used to it & it literally stops all traces of perspiration from happening. I went from using this every night, to now only using this every 4 days. I actually stay completely dry for 4 days or longer. That's how amazing this stuff is. I will say, this still doesn't prevent odor from occurring. You would think that since you're dry, you wouldn't have any odor either, right? Wrong. It's weird, my underarms are dry, but I still need to use a normal deodorant during the day. This is cheap & effective. What more can you ask for? Don't be scared after reading some of the other reviews, try this out. The only thing I will say though, is DO NOT apply this while you're wearing your normal, usual clothes. Put an old T-shirt on while you let this dry, (for about 10 minutes), before putting on your usual clothes (because this can stain your shirts). Then, you're good to go.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/11/2012 1:19:00 AM More reviews by ImYourFavoriteDrug

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Medium Eyes: Green

This is my end all, be all deodarant. It lasts forever, is effective and cheap. I don't like deoderants that have a fragrance either. I love this!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/10/2012 5:20:00 PM More reviews by WaikikiGoddess

I've been using Certain Dri for about 6 years now. It is my secret amazing product to stop under arm sweat. I tend to perspire a lot under my arms. This has helped me so much. You just apply it at night and it kind of seals the pores so you don't sweat at all. It is sometimes inconvenient to use, because you have to let it dry for about 10 minutes before you can put a shirt on. It also stings like a mother if you take a shave your under arms right before applying it. And it does tend to make me itch like crazy for 20 minutes after applying it. But it's worth it! Barely any sweating! I still use a regular deodorant like Secret as insurance and because I like the smell. Plus, after using Certain Dri for a while, you can go 2 or 3 nights without using it and you will still have sweat protection. It usually costs be $6-7 for each bottle, but it lasts a long time. I will continue to use Certain Dri.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/3/2012 1:38:00 PM More reviews by Dimplesgalore

Update 6/3/13: This stuff is still amazing. Once I reach the point where it's working I really don't have to apply it until I notice it begin to slack a little. Sometimes (in winter) that takes up to 2 weeks! Summer is a different story and I'm applying it at least once a week. I have not noticed that swimming, showering, or scrubbing makes any difference in the length of time but the amount of time sweating does. The more I sweat the more often I need to apply it. I have figured out that if I apply too much and my pits begin itching if I take a damp towel or even just a towel and gently rub my pits it helps with the itch. Seems counter intuitive since if you apply it to wet armpits it makes it worse, but once applied it's not a problem. I have not used it anywhere else on my body but my army boyfriend mentioned that he knew some guys who applied it to their feet when they went on long marches.

The bottle still sucks. MUST keep it upright or liquid will drain into the cap and will dribble out all over the place to bleach your stuff. The rollerball is nice, smooth motion, no issues there. At first the liquid has no smell but after using it and rubbing it on your skin it starts to take on a "you" smell. Not surprising since you're rubbing it all over your underarms night after night. I've started using my perfume as deodorant. My underarms don't smell bad because they don't sweat, so all I smell is my perfume! The warmer I get the more I can smell it and it smells wonderful. I'll say that again... My armpits smell wonderful!!!
End

Update 4/18/2012: I have grown to love this stuff. I hate that when I apply it, if I use to much I'm an itchy mess, and how if I fail to wait for it to dry before laying down it can bleach my sheets, and it makes my underarms feel strange (not really waxy but close?). However, when I remember to apply it at night every 5 to 9 days, I am pit stain free!! As the week progresses I can end up with some sweat after I exercise but I am 100% fine with it. I will continue using this for as long as it shows to be working.
Update End.

I sweat a lot. Not only so I sweat a lot, my body seems to have the wiring backwards. When I am sitting or just moving moderately, like in class or on my way to class, my pits are drenched. After putting on a clean t-shirt only a few minuets later I have large pit rings, and I mean like less than 10 min. When I am exercising I sweat a lot less, sometimes my pits are dry (ish) by the time I'm done running. I do sweat in more places when I am exercising, so maybe there is some kind of dispersal effect, but it still makes no sense to me. If I am lounging around the house in a tank top I get liquid running down my arms, gross, sorry.

I also gave up on antiperspirants about a year and a half ago. Nothing was working. I had moved up to the "clinical strength" and was sweating through it by midday. Yes, I was using it correctly, applying it at night, etc. Since they were doing nothing for me I stopped using them because they were ruining my clothes and were making me smell even worse.

Cut to earlier this week. I have been fine having wet marks on my clothing at school, working out, but... I was NOT comfortable looking like a sweaty, nervous wreck on my upcoming date. So, even though my skin is extremely sensitive and itching is my least favorite feeling, I caved and bought this stuff. I figured even if my armpits ended up horribly rashed and bright red, as long as I wasn't a wet mess I could survive by layering. I showered and rinsed off my deodorant and waited until right before bed to apply it. I laid down on the floor, swiped very sparingly and rubbed the liquid into my skin. I then remained on the floor until it was mostly dry. I used way less than I thought necessary to avoid the irritation and possible negative side effects. It was ITCHY!!! Another reviewer had said she wanted to scrub her armpits with steel wool, that thought crossed my mind a few times. However, I resisted the wool but did scratch a little bit and went to bed. It did not keep me up and by morning it no longer bothered me. I AM DRY!! I don't think I have ever been this dry. It is amazing!! I did top it off with deodorant this morning but I will be continuing to use this for occasions where worrying about my armpits would be a hassle. I'll update if things change.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/25/2012 3:41:00 AM More reviews by snarkywench

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've been noticing an increase in sweating under my arms and other places as I've gotten older and it has been bothering me. This stuff worked when nothing else would.

I purchased the solid first because I was leery of something that you put on at night thinking it would wash off in my morning shower. The solid might as well be regular AP/DO for all the difference it made (none) on its own. BUT the combination of the ROLL ON applied at night with the solid applied after my morning shower kept my pits dry on the most humid summer day in a very humid/wet work environment. I was so shocked, I went to the bathroom to check and make sure. My pits really were completely dry! I also found using this that you only need to apply it (roll-on) every 2-3 days, it keeps working! You still use the solid in the mornings. I had the best result using the 2 products together. Using them separately or with other AP/DO products was not as effective.

The only real downside I noticed from this was an increase in sweat from other areas of the body. If I'm not mistaken, the body will try to cool itself wherever it can so if you block one area another picks up the slack. I did have some itching the first few times I used it but the information says you will experience that if you apply too much.

For me, I only use this when it's very hot or humid or both outside because my other AP/DO (mitchum) works fine in "normal" weather.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/10/2012 10:40:00 PM More reviews by ljacks

Will always rebuy.

I can't say enough good things about this antiperspirant. Sure, it stings if you put it on right after shaving (that's how you know it's working! Hah) and it will stain/bleach the crap out of your clothes (I just wear a towel until it dries) it WORKS.

And that's all that matters if you're trying to be a former sweaty beast.