September 22, 2014 | 1949 users online

Mascara - E.L.F. - Essential Wet Gloss Lash & Brow Clear Mascara

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/4/2013 12:00:00 PM More reviews by gnippy

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Like so many other reviews I use this product to set my eyebrows as opposed to using it as a mascara. I really like the way it sets my brows holding them firmly in place for hours and hours. For me it was long lasting holding them in place for 10+ hours. It comes in a double ended tube with two application wands. One end is for the mascara use and the other for the brow use. I will use both ends for the my brows as I don't use clear mascars on my lashes. This was dirt cheap, $1.00 for the tube. I will definitely be repurchasing.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/27/2013 8:59:00 PM More reviews by Danisetna

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This product is so amazing. I use it everyday to keep my brows looking flawless for over 6 hours

rated 2 of 5 on 4/27/2013 5:08:00 PM More reviews by missy44

I use clear mascara on my eyebrows instead of using an eyebrow brush to keep my eyebrows in place. I prefer the clear mascara by Maybelline. This mascara did not last very long at all. I can spend just a few more dollars and it last MUCH longer.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/17/2013 3:04:00 PM More reviews by Emspirations

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This E.L.F. product is a staple in my make up bag. I pay only $1 USD for this product which is an excellent value for what you get. In fact I usually buy several at a time to last me since it is often sold out at Target.

I primarily use this as a brow gel. I find no real difference between the brow and lash formula. I actually use the brow side to set my brows after I apply my brow powder and the lash end of the tube to groom my brows on the days where I don't color in my brows and go for a more natural look (or when I am in a rush). This way one side is always clear while the other side gets discolored from the brow powder.

I do not know how this performs as a mascara but it does groom my brows and keeps them in place. It works as well as the Anastasia clear brow gel which is about $22 USD.

Compared to the Anastasia clear brow gel (a product that I do really like) the E.L.F. takes a little longer to set (dry time is longer) and has a little less hold, but for the price I do not mind, considering I can get 22 of these for the price of 1 Anastasia.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/2/2013 3:57:00 PM More reviews by jacquie649

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I use this to keep my brows in place throughout the day and it surprisingly works really well for it only being a dollar. My only complaint is that it sometimes leaves behind little flakes, but I just brush them off. I highly recommend this as a brow gel.. especially if you're on a budget!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/26/2013 5:20:00 PM More reviews by LenneSammy

I love this product! I use it to keep my brows in place and it does just that! its a simple clear gel and keeps my brows in the same spot as when i first put it on! idk how it would be as a mascara, but as a brow gel it works great, not to mention its dirt cheap!

rated 2 of 5 on 3/26/2013 12:39:00 AM More reviews by kmciolli

I really wanted to like this product but it was disappointing!

The clear mascara did nothing for my lashes at all. I wanted to use it on my bottom lashes to avoid getting black fallout at the end of the day under my eyes. But my lashes looked exactly the same after applying this product as they did before.

The two lippies are for the brow end. I did like how this product set my brows. However I've been using a tinted brow gel lately so I have been neglecting this product a little.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/9/2013 3:00:00 AM More reviews by aeriekah

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Rediscovered this item. I didn't like it as my mascara because it did weighed my lashes down after curling them. It is however great as a eyebrow gel to keep strays tamed and as a top coat on my lashes which helps prevent my Voluminous False Lashes Mascara from smudging. LOVE LOVE LOVE & CHEAP CHEAP CHEAP

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/19/2013 10:17:00 PM More reviews by seaswan

I can't believe I haven't reviewed this. I have been using this as a brow gel since Maybelline d/c the one I used to use. I buy this at Target.

E.L.F. WGLABCM puts my brows in place without being overly sticky and holds them there for a long time. I use both the brow gel and mascara for my eyebrows.

All this for One dollar!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/12/2013 10:43:00 PM More reviews by sofaloaf

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Grey

I'm only giving this 5 lippies because I can use it for so many different things, not because it's amazing at everything I use it for. There are better quality products than this out there, but heck, I use it every day, and it's only $1. Come on.

FOR EYEBROWS:
This is my cheapy substitute for when I run out of my HG eyebrow gel, or this is the one I bring on trips because I could care less if I lose it. It holds my eyebrows in place better than a blast of high hold hairspray would. Which is nice, because no touch ups. Which is awful, because they feel pretty weird and crunchy with too much of this stuff on, and (speaking from personal experience here, unfortunately!) if the BF happens to feel it, boy, will it weird him out!

FOR EYELASHES:
But here, it's stiff hold isn't a bad thing! For those times that a natural look is appropriate, this is what I reach for. Out of all the eyebrow/lash gels I've tried, this one is the only one that is literally a sort of clear mascara. It's the only one that will actually hold a curl. It won't lengthen or volumnize of course, but it will curl and define!

FOR HAIR:
This product is super useful when going for a sleek bun or updo. The spoolie smooths down baby and stray hairs, and its clear gloss holds the hair in place better than most hairsprays without looking stiff or over saturated.

It doesn't flake, and it dries quickly! Btw, it's dual ended, one side is for eyes, the other for brows, but honestly it really doesn't matter which side you use! I use both interchangably and it works just fine for me
Overall, very useful, and I recommend!

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No