October 1, 2014 | 1757 users online

Lip Treatments - Lansinoh Lanolin

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/1/2012 12:58:00 PM More reviews by TeeCube

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I bought the CVS brand of this and I love it! A little goes a very long way and it's so moisturizing and it has a lovely scent. Thank you MUA! So many uses-lip balm, cuticle cream, spot treatment for anything.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/31/2012 5:32:00 PM More reviews by CoconutCutie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Wow. How did I live without this for so long? I've ALWAYS struggled with dry, flaky, chapped looking lips. So, I read about this stuff on MUA and decided that I'd find some. So I bought some Friday and used it through the weekend. Here it is Tuesday and I have luscious, soft lips, capable of looking smooth regardless what lipstick I'm using. This is HG for me now. No going back. I'm also starting to use it on my rough and ragged cuticles...hopefully with as good results!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/31/2012 1:26:00 PM More reviews by ThePamster

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

WOW! This is now my HG for lip care, cuticle care and for my husband's and son's cracked heels. It has impressed me so much after just one use, I mean really it's unreal how much of a difference this product makes in your skin. I use a wheelchair and had this place on my hand on the thumb muscle area where it was tearing and chapped and one use of Lansinoh Lanolin has totally sealed those tears and repaired the chapped skin, it was like magic!

If you have some dry and damaged skin, this just might be what you need to repair and restore that skin. It's great for cuticles and the dry skin on the edge of the fingertips near the nails and awesome for the cuticles, they seemed to drink it up. I figure I will use it daily for a few days then drop down to a couple times a week and be just fine. It's at Walmart in the Nursing supplies are by the baby stuff and for just under $9 it's a steal! CVS carries too, and I definitely will be keeping this on hand from now on to treat our damaged dry skin.

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/25/2012 6:09:00 PM More reviews by LianH

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

must have product if you have skin so dry it cracks. I also use it on my face around my eyes because it looks horrible when your eyelids are so dry they crack and this helps. Hasn't given me any spots.

It's also a lovely lipbalm

rated 5 of 5 on 1/25/2012 6:03:00 PM More reviews by suzmquz

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I, too first purchased this for breastfeeding, almost 9 years ago. This stuff works great for abrasions, chapped lips (tastes a bit weird) but it works. I also use this for when my daughter gets a little itchy or has some burning going on in the girly area (usually from an accidental scratch or rough wiping). I'm sure it's not indicated for that, but whatever works as other usual creams, such a vagisil, usually burn.
Love this product!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/25/2012 4:31:00 PM More reviews by evalein

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I had no idea so many other people use this! I bought it for breastfeeding and then realized that I could also use this on my hands and cuticles as well as my feet.

Just be careful around your face. It could make you break out.

From Lassinoh's Website:

"The term lanolin comes from the Latin lana for wool and oleum for oil, although chemically it is a wax rather than oil. The lanolin is a secretion from the sebaceous glands of sheep, which is deposited onto the wool fiber and is nature's way of protecting the fleece from the harmful elements of the weather. It is an organic ester and as such is similar to the oil our own skin produces (sebum). This is the reason it is so beneficial when applied to the skin."

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/25/2012 2:51:00 PM More reviews by Tina68

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This product has single-handedly fixed my excessively dry cuticles. No matter what season it is, my cuticles are sore, red and torn despite using ointments, lotions and oils several times a day.I use it at night before bed. Yes, it leaves my hands feeling greasy, but eventually it sinks in.I noticed a difference after three nights. Two weeks later and my once ragged cuticles are non-existent. The skin around my nails is softer, smoother and healthier looking. And no longer red. This must be what it's like to have healthy cuticles.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/23/2012 9:38:00 PM More reviews by sugarfreee

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Yep it works! Thanks MUers for the rec. It is my only lip balm nowadays.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/11/2012 7:02:00 PM More reviews by edie4711

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Like most of the reviews below, I am reviewing Lansinoh for uses other than that for which it was intended. My review primarily focuses on cuticle repair, with a side of lips.

I have fought my crazy, dry, overgrown, unruly cuticles all my life. I have nipped. Oiled. Creamed. Sought professional help. I have run the gauntlet of price points in cuticle products. There is virtually nothing out there that I have not tried.

Then Lansinoh entered the picture.

I stumbled across this set of reviews here on MUA, and just had to try it. Let me tell you, I am so glad I did!

After just one overnight use--just one--I experienced a 90% improvement in the condition of my cuticles. After 1.5 weeks of use, approximately 2x/day including overnight, 100% improvement. The hardened skin on the sides of the nails is soft and flexible. The cuticles no longer break apart when I push them back with a washcloth. All the hard white skin I used to fight at the eponychium is gone. The skin doesn't *feel* dry any more. My cuticles are as soft as my 7-year-old son's. Even the nails, where they have grown out, are less ridged and more moisturized.

As for the lips, I apply Lansinoh to them about as often as I do my cuticles--a little goes a long way, so it's convenient to do both at one time--and my lips, which are usually cracked and flaky, are smooth and picture-perfect.

I will never bother with another balm or cuticle-moisturizing product again. I am free of the constant questing for the perfect product. I have found it.

How I apply: I squeeze a little out of the tube, less than a pea size; it's not the easiest thing in the world to do, but it's not nearly the most difficult either. I swipe a small amount into each cuticle and rub the rest into my lips, then massage the cuticles and nails for a minute or so.

To begin with, it feels sticky. It will absorb fully into the skin in a few minutes. Be patient. There is no smell to speak of, nor is there much color to worry about.

I promise you, you will not be sorry you tried it.

Lastly, I especially want you to read this excerpt from the packaging insert:

"[Lansinoh HPA Lanolin] is medical grade, bacteriostatic, and completely hypoallergenic, so you can use [it] even if you're allergic to lanolin or wool. Our unique refining process ensures that it is noticeably different from any other lanolin in terms of color, odor, and consistency...The safety and purity of [Lanisoh] is not available in any other lanolin product."

I post this from the package insert so readers will understand that this stuff is the real deal, and that this review does not speak to other products that contain lanolin. It is not going to be like the stuff you've used in the past that "contained" lanolin, or was "pure" lanolin but smelled like Old McDonald's farm (because it was not purified the way Lansinoh is), or even some kind of esoteric sheep-rubbing ritual in which you may have participated.

I am reviewing Lansinoh 100% pure HPA lanolin, and nothing else--because there is nothing else like Lansinoh. Please, for the love of all that is good and wonderful, buy a tube already and get yourself off the cuticle butter/lip balm train.
continued >>

46 out of 47 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/7/2012 4:29:00 AM More reviews by kaleiokapualani

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Okay. People seriously aren't lying when they say that this is their HG product. This stuff is amaaazzinnng! I thought i had some kind of lip problem, because they were ALWAYS dry and chapped. It made lipsticks look horrible, and even though i was applying Chapstick constantly throughout the day, the problem just wouldn't go away. I tried this product after seeing the good reviews, and purchased it for $9 at CVS. I applied it's jelly like vaseline before i went to bed. I woke up, scrubbed my lips with a wash cloth (to get off all the dead skin) and VOILA! Perfect, softest, amazing, luscious, peachy lips i've ever had. I never had the problem with chapped lips again! Thank you Lanolin!!!