Lansinoh Lanolin

100% pure lanolin

on 2/10/2012 3:19:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

HG alert!! Dump the Vaseline, Carmex, Chapstick, Nivea, Soft Lips or whatever lip product you are using. This stuff works almost immediately!

My lips were so dry and chapped and peeling that it hurt to move them. I tried all the products above including Vitamin E, olive oil, castor oil, Neosporin and nothing has moisturized and healed my lips like this stuff. Within a couple hours of use my lips felt relief.

I have to be honest it really wierds me out to be putting "nipple cream" on my lips and I have to not think about it each time I slather it on. LOL. But hey it works great!

on 2/4/2012 3:26:00 PM

Decent product, I use this at night on my cuticles and my lips. It has made my cuticles less prone to peeling (I tend to pick at them) and my lips don't need as much balm applied to them during the day. It isn't a miracle product but works well for the price. However it is quite greasy/thick so if you have nice sheets you might not want to use it right before bed since I suspect it might stain.

Thank you MUA! I would have never known this product existed if it wasn't for the reviews here. I can't top what other reviewers have written. This stuff works amazing! I have tried pretty much every lip balm and chapstick type product known to man. None of them have given me the results that this has. A little dab on my lips before bed and I wake up with soft lips. Great for little patches of dry skin as well. A little dab and they are instantly gone... Thanks guys!

on 2/3/2012 1:02:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

With 146 reviews on this product already, I guess we do not need one more....but here goes anyway. Due to a childhood illness with high fever, my lips have always been dry and cracked with the skin just rolling off . I have tried everything. Plain vaseline would help at night but it would rub off by morning and my lips would be so cracked it was hard to even talk until I slathered on more. Lipstick was out of the question. I had never worn it. One day, about 4 years ago now, I read about this product in an Allure magazine article. Hope in a tube, maybe, once again. I found some at Target and put it on in the parking lot. I have never looked back. Not only are my lips no longer dry or cracked, I can now wear lipstick at last. I must have a very slight layer of this product on before applying the lipstick or the lipstick will dry out my lips. Truly this has been a miracle for me. I have repurchased many times. I keep a tube with me in my purse and one by my bedside and of course, in my bathroom. My lips were deeply furrowed from a lifetime of dryness and cracking and peeling. Now my lips are very smooth. Lanolin is an animal product (cruelty free as it comes from the oils in the sheep's wool that is sheared off to make fabric and yarn). Sheep shearers" hands are famous for being very smooth and soft. The packaging claims that this is an hypoallergenic product but I know that lanolin is an allergen for some people. Best to try this on a small bit of skin before slathering on your lips for the first time, just in case. My only issue with the product is that if the tube gets cold it is very hard to get any of it out. I leave my new tube in a warm sunny spot by the window for a few hours to get it started. You only need a tiny dab. I don't consider this a beauty product, really. For me, it has remedied a serious skin problem.

on 2/2/2012 11:54:00 AM

Thanks to MUA, I found my HG cuticle treatment and nighttime lip balm. After using this for a couple of nights, I found that my lips aren't chapped, and my cuticles are looking and feeling better than they have been. I only need the smallest amount, so the tube is going to last for a very long time. I will repurchase as this is really a great product.

on 2/2/2012 7:27:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

This stuff is great. I had to buy this online because I wouldn't want to go through a checkout with nipple cream. That aside, there's no offensive smell and 10 hours after applying this to my lips it's still on. It's a little thick coming out of the tube but warms up quickly. I haven't tried it on my cuticles yet, but will shortly. It seems a lot more moisturizing than vaseline, which is what I usually put on my lips at night. The only thing that would improve it, is if it also came in small gloss-type squeeze tubes. I can't see carrying around a 2oz tube of nipple cream with me during the day.

on 2/1/2012 12:58:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I bought the CVS brand of this and I love it! A little goes a very long way and it's so moisturizing and it has a lovely scent. Thank you MUA! So many uses-lip balm, cuticle cream, spot treatment for anything.

on 1/31/2012 5:32:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Wow. How did I live without this for so long? I've ALWAYS struggled with dry, flaky, chapped looking lips. So, I read about this stuff on MUA and decided that I'd find some. So I bought some Friday and used it through the weekend. Here it is Tuesday and I have luscious, soft lips, capable of looking smooth regardless what lipstick I'm using. This is HG for me now. No going back. I'm also starting to use it on my rough and ragged cuticles...hopefully with as good results!

on 1/31/2012 1:26:00 PM

WOW! This is now my HG for lip care, cuticle care and for my husband's and son's cracked heels. It has impressed me so much after just one use, I mean really it's unreal how much of a difference this product makes in your skin. I use a wheelchair and had this place on my hand on the thumb muscle area where it was tearing and chapped and one use of Lansinoh Lanolin has totally sealed those tears and repaired the chapped skin, it was like magic!

If you have some dry and damaged skin, this just might be what you need to repair and restore that skin. It's great for cuticles and the dry skin on the edge of the fingertips near the nails and awesome for the cuticles, they seemed to drink it up. I figure I will use it daily for a few days then drop down to a couple times a week and be just fine. It's at Walmart in the Nursing supplies are by the baby stuff and for just under $9 it's a steal! CVS carries too, and I definitely will be keeping this on hand from now on to treat our damaged dry skin.

on 1/25/2012 6:09:00 PM

must have product if you have skin so dry it cracks. I also use it on my face around my eyes because it looks horrible when your eyelids are so dry they crack and this helps. Hasn't given me any spots.

It's also a lovely lipbalm

Popular Lip Treatments