October 1, 2014 | 1994 users online

Powder - Everyday Minerals - Matte Foundation

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/2/2010 9:52:00 PM More reviews by cloroxcowgirl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

After trying all the EDM foundation finishes, I've decided I prefer the matte formula overall. I have combination skin and I find that this foundation (in Fair-Medium) with a dusting of finishing powder combats oily areas quite well. I also like that it provides a natural looking finish. The main draw back for me is that all the EDM foundations don't provide enough coverage, so sometimes I will add in a few grains of my BE foundation for more coverage; it also adds a slight glow without being too shiny (can't wear BE alone for that reason, but that's another review). I was hesitant to do this at first - but am actually pleased with the result of combining the two. The matte formula can be a bit chalky, but adding a little BE also helps with that. All in all, this is a good foundation at a reasonable price.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/30/2009 4:43:00 AM More reviews by annpatricia

I like the finish of this. It gives buildable medium coverage and matches my skin tone. The staying power of the matteness wears off after an hour or so. I wish I wouldn't have to re apply this throughout the day, especially because it's a mineral foundation it's less convenient to apply.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/20/2009 12:21:00 PM More reviews by LaylaCullen

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I got this foundation last summer,back when they had those cool sample kits where you would pick three foundations,a blush,and a concealer.I got Cool Multi-tasking Neutral in Intensive,Linen in Matte,and Sunkissed Fair in Matte.They all matched well and when I first got the kit I couldn't tell which foundation was which on me because they all matched so perfectly.The Matte formula and the Intensive formula are very similar on me.I got the Matte for the summer just so my skin wouldn't get oily,even though it's fairly normal.I don't need much coverage on anything but undereye circles so I didn't need it to do much,just even out my skintone.Well,it did that for a while.When the seasons changed and I got a teensy bit more redness and wanted a smooth complexion,it was as if I put nothing on.This didn't do much for me at all no matter how much I wanted to like it.I even tried making it into a tinted moisturizer,but it still wasn't enough coverage.I guess I'll be looking into a liquid foundation for more coverage.Maybe I'll switch back to powder in the summer.I gave it a three because it lasts a long time,and it's vegan.I took off some for the packaging because after a while the cap literally falls into pieces and cracks off.It's so strange.Oh,well.At least it was cheap =]

rated 1 of 5 on 12/8/2009 10:08:00 AM More reviews by luckylecky

I found that this formula is the worst for me, it does not, at all, keep my oilies at bay. It does not slide off my face in greasy streaks as quickly as the semi matte, I really tried to like this product but I have found, and moved on to, a superior quality MMU that works for me every time and is also very reasonable.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/7/2009 8:34:00 PM More reviews by kitza

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I used Medium Beige Neutral in matte for almost 2 years without problems, but sometime this summer they changed their formula (they forgot to tell their customers) and the color is different than before and now I can’t use it because it breaks me out, I which I had known about the inconsistencies before I bought 4 foundation jars that I can’t use.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/17/2009 6:44:00 PM More reviews by Dolce222

I was allergic to the original formula from BE but really wanted to use mineral makeup so after reading reviews here, decided to order the sample kit from EM. I loved how it didn't break me out and the color selection. After I finished the sample for fairly light neutral I ordered a full size jar:-D The color match is perfect (fairly light neutral)! The only problem is that this tend to get shiny looking on my skin after an hour or so (i have combo skin)...Maybe intensive would be more matte for me?

Edit: I've noticed that after a few hours I get very oily and shiny. The bare minerals matte doesn't give me this problem...

rated 5 of 5 on 10/28/2009 2:45:00 PM More reviews by babysweet

I like a mineral foundation because it looks more natural on me and because I have acne-prone skin. I really like this one because it doesn't contain bismuth (a mortal enemy of mine) Anything that I have ever tried with bismuth clogs my pores and breaks me out. I also like the fact that I was able to match my skin tone so well which isn't always the case for me. Compared to the other mineral foundations that I have tried, EDM is very reasonable. I prefer the Matte but feel that it isn't really all that matte. I still can get a nice, natural glow with the matte.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/27/2009 3:38:00 PM More reviews by skylo0406

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I have tried so many mineral foundations from cheap to expensive. I got a EM free sample kit a couple of months ago and I love it. I tried most of the formulas and think I like the matte the best. It still gives that "dewy" finish without looking too shiny. I have very sensitive skin and have had no trouble with this makeup. BE made me itch sometimes and other mineral makeup I have tried either doesn't cover well or it is full of crazy ingredients, which is one of the reasons buy mineral make up in the first place! Love EM blush and concealers too. Will def buy again when my samples run out.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/21/2009 11:59:00 AM More reviews by cosmic007

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I just received my sample kit 2 days ago, and so far I'm happily surprised by the results! I have always loved the way MMU felt on my skin, but wasn't sure about the results with the brands I've tried. I hated BE because of the odd shiny finish it left and it made my face itchy. Laura Mercier is also good, but a bit expensive. EM is inexpensive, but offers a good quality product that actually works! My skin looks healthy and airbrushed. (Most recently, I was using L'Oreal True Match foundation, but didn't like the heavy,greasy feeling I got after a few hours of wear.) With EM I still need to touch up my oily spots, so the staying power is not so great. I've been using the matte formula, since I have oily skin. Will update this review after more usage.
***UPDATE- I really tried to like this, but it has absolutely no staying power. Also it's not the best product for oily skin. (I tried misting my brush w/ Evian for a heavier application, but got the same results.) :(

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/13/2009 9:55:00 PM More reviews by megathon

I'm divided on how I feel about this product. On one hand, it's the best looking foundation I've ever used in that it looks VERY natural, does a great job of evening out my skin tone, is affordable, doesn't break me out, is long-lasting, and, most of the time, it feels as if I have nothing on when I'm wearing it. On the other hand, I truly do have combination skin (an extremely oily T-zone and dry cheeks), and the formula is so drying that it excentuates my dry patches and makes my T-zone look super shiny. I don't know whether the problem is my skin or the foundation, but either way, I love how it looks so much when my skin will put up with it that I'll definitely keep buying it and would recommend it to anyone who is interested in trying it.