April 20, 2014 | 1702 users online

Powder - Everyday Minerals - Matte Foundation

image 0image 1image 2

rated 1 of 5 on 12/8/2009 10:08:00 AM More reviews by luckylecky

I found that this formula is the worst for me, it does not, at all, keep my oilies at bay. It does not slide off my face in greasy streaks as quickly as the semi matte, I really tried to like this product but I have found, and moved on to, a superior quality MMU that works for me every time and is also very reasonable.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/7/2009 8:34:00 PM More reviews by kitza

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I used Medium Beige Neutral in matte for almost 2 years without problems, but sometime this summer they changed their formula (they forgot to tell their customers) and the color is different than before and now I canít use it because it breaks me out, I which I had known about the inconsistencies before I bought 4 foundation jars that I canít use.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/17/2009 6:44:00 PM More reviews by Dolce222

I was allergic to the original formula from BE but really wanted to use mineral makeup so after reading reviews here, decided to order the sample kit from EM. I loved how it didn't break me out and the color selection. After I finished the sample for fairly light neutral I ordered a full size jar:-D The color match is perfect (fairly light neutral)! The only problem is that this tend to get shiny looking on my skin after an hour or so (i have combo skin)...Maybe intensive would be more matte for me?

Edit: I've noticed that after a few hours I get very oily and shiny. The bare minerals matte doesn't give me this problem...

rated 5 of 5 on 10/28/2009 2:45:00 PM More reviews by babysweet

I like a mineral foundation because it looks more natural on me and because I have acne-prone skin. I really like this one because it doesn't contain bismuth (a mortal enemy of mine) Anything that I have ever tried with bismuth clogs my pores and breaks me out. I also like the fact that I was able to match my skin tone so well which isn't always the case for me. Compared to the other mineral foundations that I have tried, EDM is very reasonable. I prefer the Matte but feel that it isn't really all that matte. I still can get a nice, natural glow with the matte.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/27/2009 3:38:00 PM More reviews by skylo0406

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I have tried so many mineral foundations from cheap to expensive. I got a EM free sample kit a couple of months ago and I love it. I tried most of the formulas and think I like the matte the best. It still gives that "dewy" finish without looking too shiny. I have very sensitive skin and have had no trouble with this makeup. BE made me itch sometimes and other mineral makeup I have tried either doesn't cover well or it is full of crazy ingredients, which is one of the reasons buy mineral make up in the first place! Love EM blush and concealers too. Will def buy again when my samples run out.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/21/2009 11:59:00 AM More reviews by cosmic007

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I just received my sample kit 2 days ago, and so far I'm happily surprised by the results! I have always loved the way MMU felt on my skin, but wasn't sure about the results with the brands I've tried. I hated BE because of the odd shiny finish it left and it made my face itchy. Laura Mercier is also good, but a bit expensive. EM is inexpensive, but offers a good quality product that actually works! My skin looks healthy and airbrushed. (Most recently, I was using L'Oreal True Match foundation, but didn't like the heavy,greasy feeling I got after a few hours of wear.) With EM I still need to touch up my oily spots, so the staying power is not so great. I've been using the matte formula, since I have oily skin. Will update this review after more usage.
***UPDATE- I really tried to like this, but it has absolutely no staying power. Also it's not the best product for oily skin. (I tried misting my brush w/ Evian for a heavier application, but got the same results.) :(

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/13/2009 9:55:00 PM More reviews by megathon

I'm divided on how I feel about this product. On one hand, it's the best looking foundation I've ever used in that it looks VERY natural, does a great job of evening out my skin tone, is affordable, doesn't break me out, is long-lasting, and, most of the time, it feels as if I have nothing on when I'm wearing it. On the other hand, I truly do have combination skin (an extremely oily T-zone and dry cheeks), and the formula is so drying that it excentuates my dry patches and makes my T-zone look super shiny. I don't know whether the problem is my skin or the foundation, but either way, I love how it looks so much when my skin will put up with it that I'll definitely keep buying it and would recommend it to anyone who is interested in trying it.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/6/2009 6:23:00 AM More reviews by ilovehottsauce

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Pros:
Packaging is pretty.
Color selection is great.
Takes a long time to finish a whole jar.

Cons:
This stuff makes your face caked up.
Is not long wearing.
Will smear within hours.

I decided trying EDM one day because I haven't tried it for such a long time. I only put on 2 layers- the base and finishing powder. When I went to visit my boyfriend he immediately told me that I looked like I fell into a bowl of powder and that I looked like I put too much makeup on. I also have super oily skin and this lasted up to about an hour until it starting running off of my face. I really wanted to like this stuff because it's soo cheap :(

I prefer my purelycosmetics mineral. Put on 4 layers of this stuff on and my boyfriend thought I wasn't wearing makeup. However it isn't as cheap as EDM.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/18/2009 11:11:00 PM More reviews by ricerice

My review for this is similar to the one for the intensive formula. I put another order through for the matte formula thinking that it'll help with my oiliness but unfortunately it didn't do a thing. My skin looked like an oily mess just two hours in and the foundation looked patchy on closer inspection. I'm quite disappointed that it worked wonders for so many but didn't do a thing for me. So no i wont be buying it.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/7/2009 10:14:00 AM More reviews by k2rhodes

I really loved EM, but unfortunately, it made me break out horribly. I'm not sure, but they might have changed their formula recently- I had used it for about 2 years, and when I re-ordered in a different color, I had nothing but horrible breakouts until I stopped using the foundation. I actually have several scars on my face from that little disaster. :(

BUT- I know it doesn't make a lot of people break out, and if it didn't make me break out, it would be my HG foundation. I would deduct a star just because the coverage isn't quite as good as I'd like. As others have said, it looks flawless, and I had so many compliments on my skin when I used to wear it. I now use J. Lynne because it doesn't seem to bother my skin, and in all honesty I don't like quite as much, but it does provide better coverage for scars/ breakouts, and it doesn't break me out really. I'm very sad that EM didn't work out for me, though!