Everyday Minerals Matte Foundation

3.8

Not tested on animals

Mica. May Contain (+/-): Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499).

on 1/17/2010 10:15:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I have this foundation in Warm Medium Beige. The match is decent for my skin tone, but could be better. My skin has always been difficult to match. Given the changes to the sample kits, I'm not going to bother trying to match with EDM anymore.

As for coverage, it nice without being cakey. Part of the reason I switched to mineral makeup was that the Estee Lauder I had been using was looking too heavy on me. It lasts most of the day. I have found that I need to apply with a flat top kabuki brush, in order to get the best coverage without using too much product.

ETA: I stopped using EDM foundation. My sample was great, but the full sizes that I bought caused my skin to break out.

on 1/17/2010 8:16:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Although I love its ability to soak up the oiliness of my face, but the coverage is a little minimal during days when I want a little more (like now, haha). But usually, the coverage is just sheer enough, which I like very, very much. I have it in Light Tan, which is a little too dark for me, and Soft Butter Peach, which is a complete match for me (I'm a MAC NW25). However, you'll have to remove the sticker carefully when you use it the first time, or you'll end up with some product sticking on the holes. hahaha. I like to pair it with Dr G BB Cream as primer and concealer.

on 1/16/2010 9:09:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

This is hands-down the best foundation I have ever used.

Upon entering 8th grade, my skin basically exploded on me. One time I woke up with 30-40 (small - medium - large) zits all over my face.
I started using Lancome's Teint Idole foundation that year, which worked extraordinary well at covering up the pimples. Unfortunately, it's also extremely expensive. The following year I randomly found Everyday Minerals' free sample kits and fell immediately in love.

This matte foundation is just awesome. I have very oily skin and this powder sucks the oil right up. Its consistency is also beautiful and blends perfectly with my skin to create a flawless glow. People couldn't even tell I was wearing makeup.

There ya go. Awesome stuff. Btw, I've tried Studiofix and it was the worst foundation I've ever tried.

on 1/8/2010 3:03:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I love love love EDM. Though i do have to re apply on some days, i find it worth it. This doesnt cake on me at all, and it matches my skin tone perfectly they have a great range of shades. The only thing i would change is the packaging, i find it very hard to deal with because the dish is so shallow. but for the price and how long it lasts (lasts about two months)

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

After trying all the EDM foundation finishes, I've decided I prefer the matte formula overall. I have combination skin and I find that this foundation (in Fair-Medium) with a dusting of finishing powder combats oily areas quite well. I also like that it provides a natural looking finish. The main draw back for me is that all the EDM foundations don't provide enough coverage, so sometimes I will add in a few grains of my BE foundation for more coverage; it also adds a slight glow without being too shiny (can't wear BE alone for that reason, but that's another review). I was hesitant to do this at first - but am actually pleased with the result of combining the two. The matte formula can be a bit chalky, but adding a little BE also helps with that. All in all, this is a good foundation at a reasonable price.

on 12/30/2009 4:43:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I like the finish of this. It gives buildable medium coverage and matches my skin tone. The staying power of the matteness wears off after an hour or so. I wish I wouldn't have to re apply this throughout the day, especially because it's a mineral foundation it's less convenient to apply.

on 12/20/2009 12:21:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Curly, Fine

I got this foundation last summer,back when they had those cool sample kits where you would pick three foundations,a blush,and a concealer.I got Cool Multi-tasking Neutral in Intensive,Linen in Matte,and Sunkissed Fair in Matte.They all matched well and when I first got the kit I couldn't tell which foundation was which on me because they all matched so perfectly.The Matte formula and the Intensive formula are very similar on me.I got the Matte for the summer just so my skin wouldn't get oily,even though it's fairly normal.I don't need much coverage on anything but undereye circles so I didn't need it to do much,just even out my skintone.Well,it did that for a while.When the seasons changed and I got a teensy bit more redness and wanted a smooth complexion,it was as if I put nothing on.This didn't do much for me at all no matter how much I wanted to like it.I even tried making it into a tinted moisturizer,but it still wasn't enough coverage.I guess I'll be looking into a liquid foundation for more coverage.Maybe I'll switch back to powder in the summer.I gave it a three because it lasts a long time,and it's vegan.I took off some for the packaging because after a while the cap literally falls into pieces and cracks off.It's so strange.Oh,well.At least it was cheap =]

on 12/8/2009 10:08:00 AM

I found that this formula is the worst for me, it does not, at all, keep my oilies at bay. It does not slide off my face in greasy streaks as quickly as the semi matte, I really tried to like this product but I have found, and moved on to, a superior quality MMU that works for me every time and is also very reasonable.

on 12/7/2009 8:34:00 PM

I used Medium Beige Neutral in matte for almost 2 years without problems, but sometime this summer they changed their formula (they forgot to tell their customers) and the color is different than before and now I can’t use it because it breaks me out, I which I had known about the inconsistencies before I bought 4 foundation jars that I can’t use.

on 11/17/2009 6:44:00 PM

I was allergic to the original formula from BE but really wanted to use mineral makeup so after reading reviews here, decided to order the sample kit from EM. I loved how it didn't break me out and the color selection. After I finished the sample for fairly light neutral I ordered a full size jar:-D The color match is perfect (fairly light neutral)! The only problem is that this tend to get shiny looking on my skin after an hour or so (i have combo skin)...Maybe intensive would be more matte for me?

Edit: I've noticed that after a few hours I get very oily and shiny. The bare minerals matte doesn't give me this problem...