August 1, 2014 | 1030 users online

Lip Gloss - E.L.F. - Super Glossy Lip Shine SPF 15 - Candlelight

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 on 7/29/2009 6:04:00 PM More reviews by Lkim09

I found this at Big Lots in a package with another gloss for $1.80 and was pleasantly surprised. Candlelight is a shimmery pinkish/mauve/peach color. When applied it evens out my pigmented lips beautifully and makes them shiny, but not OTT. This basically gives me a sheer wash of color - MLBB. The gloss squeeze tube has a doe foot applicator and screw on cap. I find that it's hard to apply this gloss evenly - it tends to come out in globs, but once I rub my lips together the color evens out just fine. It feels tacky on my lips but not super sticky or irritating. I also found that this gloss needs to be applied to moisturized lips or else the color and shimmer settles into the lines of my lips and makes them look dry. Candlelight has a very strong scent and flavor (grape). So strong that I can smell it inside my purse. I don't have an aversion to smells/tastes of cosmetics, so this doesn't bother me and the scent and flavor fade rather quickly once applied. Lasting power is average - I find I have to reapply usually every 2-3 hours with normal drinking//eating. Overall I am very pleased with this purchase and when I run out will be buying again. For less than a buck, you can't beat it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/30/2009 10:04:00 PM More reviews by rosietse

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is my favorite color of their lip shines (after angel, of course). Not sticky and I don't mind the fake grape smell.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/25/2009 1:28:00 AM More reviews by suzanneluc

I really love the color of this gloss! I like nude, peachy lip glosses like these and you can't beat the price. I'm not sure why other reviewers hate the smell and the taste so much. I think both are fine.

The problem for me is the cheap packaging. When I untwisted the top to use it for the first time, I discovered that the top of the tube with the twisty grooves that holds the cap on had a crack in it. Now, whenever I try to squeeze some gloss out, it slowly oozes out of this crack. Not cool. I'm just glad I discovered this before I threw it in my purse!

I'll probably order more of this color, but I hope I have more luck with the cheap tubes next time.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/10/2009 2:19:00 AM More reviews by theymightbejenny

UGH! This is by far the worst makeup product I've ever purchased. I was looking for a cheap lipgloss, so I went to Kmart and bought this in Candlelight and Pink Kiss. I was so excited that I had found something for a buck that I ripped it open in the parking lot to try. Where to begin...

The packaging is god-awful. The candlelight one had a stray piece of plastic sticking up where the applicator hole was so it hurt like crazy when I applied it. The pink kiss one was broken and oozing out the side.

The color and texture are not good. It's thick, so if I used more than just a little dab, it'd goop up around the edges of my lips in opaque color globs. Plus, it's super sticky. Not cute.

The smell. Dear lord, the smell. Cheap and gross. Remember the little dollar store makeup kit your grandma got you for your birthday when you were seven years old? Remember how it smelled? That's what this reminds me of. It's bad.

Needless to say, I returned these the next day. They weren't even worth the two bucks I spent. If you want a good lipgloss, try CG Wetslicks Fruit Spritzers. They're a million times better and not that much more money.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/22/2009 12:08:00 PM More reviews by aguadora

This bronzey peachy nude shade doesn't really look flattering applied on its own, but it's invaluable for me because I use it to tone down too-bright lipstick colours. Makes them more wearable, and adds shine.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/15/2009 3:23:00 PM More reviews by drbuffdaddy

When I went to pay/half to buy some e.l.f brushes (very good also) I grabbed this lip gloss because there was a buy three get one free sale. When I tried it on at home, I was thrilled at my luck. This lip gloss is great! It smells fantastic (like sugar), is the perfect consistency, and the color is subtle but glossy and glimmering. It feels like such good quality and all of e.l.f. products are about $1! I have used many other lip glosses that are much more expensive and this one is just as good. There is nothing wrong with it at all. I will definitely get more when I run out.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/14/2009 2:47:00 AM More reviews by helloalana

On first application of this gloss, i could feel the disappointment in me. First of all, the flavor/taste - eeeeewwwwww.......

Color wise - quite bronzy actually. nothing like the color on the tube. and the gloss is verrry thick as well....

either i'm not use to ELF products, these are my first purchase.....or i just need to give it a second chance...

rated 5 of 5 on 3/26/2009 4:24:00 PM More reviews by TwilightEyes

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is now my favorite lipgloss! It is such a pretty color...I had to stock up on these :)
I love that its not sticky, its nice and smooth, the color is a perfect peachy nude...This is a great gloss for a buck!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/26/2009 4:18:00 PM More reviews by rlmalessandro

gorgeous... after i got this one i ordered the rest... this one i put over a nude lip and its gorgeous

rated 4 of 5 on 3/13/2009 5:31:00 AM More reviews by KSAkemi

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Love this color as it give me a quick, glossy nude lip with just a hint of shimmer. Great that it has SPF 15 and goes well over a matte or creme lipstick that you want to add shine to. Great for moisturizing my lips and actually has good staying power compared to other lip products, although it can be sticky.