April 19, 2014 | 1708 users online

Misc Beauty Tools - beautyblender - the sponge

rated 5 of 5 on 12/8/2013 1:18:00 PM More reviews by scareyj

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Green

I dislike the fact that I like this little booger so much lol. I tried a couple of knock-offs first and liked them ok, but they don't compare to the BB. Not the ones I have tried . I think this is way overpriced though. Come on, it does't cost that much to make this sponge. It should be half as much. I will continue to look for a good dupe. I just haven't found a dupe made with the same light weight material the BB is.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/8/2013 11:26:00 AM More reviews by RachelisGreen

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

You can now add me to the long list of the "Beauty Blender Hype". I typically always use a make up brush. My favorite is the dense, flat top brushes. I actually have NEVER used a sponge when applying my make up. Not even as a beginner. I just didn't like the idea of a sponge, I didn't like the results. I used my fingers before I'd even think about trying a sponge. I don't know what it was about the sponges that I've despised so much, but they never caught my interest. Until now. I've been hearing/seeing/reading about the beauty blender for about 2 years now. I have seen it multiple times in Sephora and saw the $20 price tag and laughed. Up until a few weeks ago. I was standing in line at Sephora and they have a bunch of little "Beauty To Go" products and I saw the BB. I actually was getting ready for a photoshoot and my make up brushes were dirty. I decided to give the BB a try. I followed the directions and ran my BB under some water. It grew like 10x the size and it was SO soft to the touch. I loved the soft yet pliable texture. The shape is also genius for the large parts of your face and the smaller areas like the inner corners of your eyes and around your nose. I put dots of foundation around my face and kind of spread it out with my fingers first, and then I started "blending". The instructions tell you to lift and bounce the BB, sort of stippling. I was absolutely amazed at the coverage and the airbrushed finish that the BB gave me. Every time I have used any sponge it doesn't give me any coverage and it just eats up all of my product. Not with the BB, it utilizes the proper amount of product and absorbs the very small extra amount you didn't need anyways. I use a very high coverage foundation (Mac Prolong Wear + Kat Von D Lock It) and it kept the coverage but made it look so natural. It literally looked like my real skin, just flawless. It doesn't give as much coverage as my brushes, but I think that's the beauty of it. It still let some of my natural skin peer through and if I had any blemishes /imperfections still showing I just slapped some concealer on them and I looked so perfect. My photographer even complimented my make up and he said my skin looked so amazing that he didn't even have to Photoshop it. I rest my case!

6 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/2/2013 7:45:00 PM More reviews by PISALISA

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

I'm not going to be very popular for my opinion of the Beauty Blender, but here goes...

I think this sponge is extremely over priced and over-rated. There. I said it. I don't dislike the Beauty Blender, but I feel like the same results can be achieved with any cosmetic sponge.

I generally use it wet to thin out heavy foundations like Colorstay. Also, it comes in handy when working with cheek stains such as Benetint because it's dense and can cover a lot of space a lot quicker than my fingers...this helps prevent streaks.

But, again...any sponge can do the same thing. The drug store is crawling with BB dupes and every one of them work just as well as the Beauty Blender. I've owned the real deal and the dupes, and there really is not much of a difference in my opinion.

8 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/2/2013 7:36:00 PM More reviews by mumakesmehot

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I bought the generic kind at Kohl's for only $5.00 and I will never, ever use any kind of sponge ever again. This is the best beauty tool in my kit. It can provide medium-to-heavy coverage in under 5 minutes, blends beautifully, and the tip can reach into my facial crevices (such as my eye wrinkles especially) much better than any of my fingers or under eye brushes can.

I always thought this sponge would apply like a regular, square sponge at the Dollar Store. I could never understand or even believe the hype surrounding it. But no...this sponge works wonders and I will never go without it, ever again.

I can't think of any cons to this product as it seems it can be universally used whether your skin is oily or dry, is cheap, durable, and easily washable.

Best cosmetic purchase I've made in the year of 2013.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/2/2013 7:15:00 PM More reviews by Funsizedeb

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

If I could give this thing 10 lippies, I would! Ok, so I had been reading about this "miracle sponge" thing for awhile and I get pretty skeptical about products I read about on blogger websites for the fact so many of them receive their products for free or even paid in return for good reviews. But after buying pretty much every kind of foundation brush on the market and not having my ideal end result, I finally broke down and decided to splurge on this to see what the hype was all about. I was able to get 2 Beauty Blenders for $25 on the makeupgeek website, which I figured was a pretty good deal. I watched a few YouTube videos on application to make sure I used it correctly (I'm a bit clueless when it comes to reading directions, thanks Mom!). Needless to say, THEY WERE RIGHT! Why oh why did I wait so long to purchase this wonderful pink miracle?! I now have at least $100 worth of foundation brushes I will most likely never use again thanks to this product. If you use it slightly damp and press in your foundation (don't swipe, it makes it look weird) I promise you it will look like you're not even wearing foundation yet your face will look flawless! I can finally start using drug store makeup again and get the same results just from using this!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/28/2013 6:54:00 PM More reviews by macadelic

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Lord have mercy, JUMP ON THE BANDWAGON. It is worth the hype. I know it seems silly to pay a relatively expensive amount for a sponge, but I promise you, it will make the crappiest foundation look good. I use this with my Covergirl Outlast Foundation (see review) and they are perfect together, as the beautyblender tends to make things natural looking, and the foundation is full coverage/matte.
My only con is that for me, it does not give me as full of a coverage as if I used a dense brush, but I rather have some of my acne showing and look natural then be caked up.
I did not buy the cleanser, I just use some gentle face wash.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/27/2013 12:08:00 AM More reviews by kelley808

I had never heard about the beauty blender until a sales associate at Sephora recommended it. I took the plunge and bought it. It is amazing! I use the solid cleanser everytime iI use it. Do yourself a favor and get one! You can always return it if you don't like it!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/25/2013 1:00:00 AM More reviews by Kelb92

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I absolutely love this sponge! I use this with liquid foundation and it makes my face look airbrushed, flawless, and look like im not even wearing any foundation. Its a little pricey but definitely worth every penny. HG for sure! Way better then a foundation brush too!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/20/2013 8:49:00 AM More reviews by poohlisey

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is the best makeup applicator ever invented. I use this for applying my foundation, concealer and even setting powder. It makes my skin look flawless and airbrushed, truely amazing. I have tried dupes but they are more stiff and so hard to wash comparing to this. I would repurchase and always in a 2 pack!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/20/2013 5:44:00 AM More reviews by cahyani

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I love the beauty blender for my face base. I apply my concealer using the tip, my bb cream or foundation with the slanted side and powder my face with the bottom of the beauty blender. It is amazing!!! I don't even use my brushes anymore ever since I got the beauty blender. I just love it because it is a tool for everything. However, I would appreciate if they would invent a place to store the beauty blender. Overall, I love it and would buy again!!