October 24, 2014 | 1890 users online

Mascara - Avon - Wash off Waterproof mascara

image 0image 1image 2

rated 3 of 5 on 4/21/2009 1:25:00 PM More reviews by Demeter2

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I remember this when I used to sell Avon, and I remember liking it.

But they have changed the wand and I find their "improvement" not one.

The formula is thin and I find myself using an unusual amount of coats to get lush lashes.

I like that it washes off with cleanser and is waterproof.

I just don't like the brush.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/15/2009 11:25:00 PM More reviews by buggyness

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is the mascara I always come back to use. Sure, I go out and buy more expensive brands but this is my old friend and workhorse. You can get this for a steal when Avon runs promotions. It washes off with your regular cleanser and it doesn't take many coats at all for a great look.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/14/2009 12:20:00 AM More reviews by Missy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This has quickly become my favorite mascara. I'm very picky about my mascara and I usually end up tossing them or returning them. Not this one! It has everything I was looking for. It applies very easily without applying coat after coat. I have sparse, blonde (almost translucent) lashes and I can apply ONE coat of this and it looks nice and dark. No clumps, no smudges throughout the day and no flaking (my biggest mascara pet peeve). Oh, and this doesn't irritate my eyes at all, which is rare with me. Definitely HG status.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/10/2009 4:10:00 PM More reviews by glasseyedpeas

this is the very first mascara I ever used when I started using eye make up at age 20-21...anyhow it looks very natural and does barely show up on your lashes, I got a tube in brown black recently and tried it today, I can barely tell I have mascara on, which is nice since that's what I was going for...I got the tube for free because I took it from my aunt who does Avon, so price was great :)
And I always love using various things, change is good!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/23/2009 10:25:00 AM More reviews by Mentalelley

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I really like this mascara
pros:
-does not smudge
-does not weigh down my lashes
-cheap i got it for 2.99 cdn
-the brush separates my lashes really well
-it's a buildable thin consistency

cons:
-makes my lashes hard
-no added length or volume but also it's not claimed
-can't hold curls as good as other waterproof mascaras
-thin consistency

I will re-buy and i recommend it :)

rated 5 of 5 on 2/9/2009 10:46:00 PM More reviews by its4kix

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this based on the MUA reviews. I have this in black. It goes on smoothly, but it also goes on thin. That kind of consistency reminded me of my bad experience with MAC's Splashproof Lash. With that one it was nearly impossible to build the layers I needed for my wimpy skimpy lashes. With this Avon one I can, though it takes a little work and finesse. Otherwise it stays put for hours and washes out with soap and water. Amazing value, too! I rarely find products I really like with Avon - this one is a winner.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/2/2009 8:20:00 PM More reviews by lisa7788

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is a pretty good mascara, especially for people who don't like a "made up" look. Like others said, it gives a very natural look. It's very light coverage; no volume or length just color. I tried both brown & black. I'm blond with very light lashes and the brown hardly shows up at all, so I'd stick with the black. It does wash off, but it leaves some raccoon eye residue. I prefer the ease of Blinc mascara, but this is cheap and easier to apply :-)
Edit: I took off a lippie and decided I wouldn't buy this again due to the fact that it doesn't wash off very well. It leaves alot behind after my shower and it's all smudged under my eyes.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/16/2009 3:29:00 PM More reviews by flairgirl8

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I got this on sale for $1.99! What a great mascara. I needed a waterproof mascara that washed off easily for my lower lashes. It does not give me any volume or length. It provides a very natural look. .

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/13/2009 1:31:00 PM More reviews by Jewelx17

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I have a problem with my mascara smudging midday and giving me raccoon eyes. By the end of the day I look like I haven't slept in days! Most mascaras do end up smuding under my eyes, even waterproof. I don't even care to have a waterproof mascara, all I want is oil-proof but that's hard to find. I have oily skin so I need something that can hold up. The few I've found that don't smudge are like concrete to get off and leave my lashes brittle and breaking.
I love that I finally discovered this. Even long after work this mascara still doesn't give me raccoon eyes, not one bit! I'll admit it doesn't hold a curl as well as some other waterproof and I have to curl it a little after I apply it. Also the formula is very natural so it's good for everyday. Formula is very buildable, you can reapply coats and it will not clump. This also comes off easily with a little soap and water, no need for makeup remover. I like that it washes off clean, that makes me feel like I'm not pulling out my lashes each time I remove it.
For $6.50 I will definitely repurchase!
UPDATE: I always go back to this because it's oil-proof but easily washable with soap and water, I just wish it held my curl better and gave me more volume. Like I said, it's a great basic mascara that doesn't smudge(I've slept in this and not a smudge in sight!) but I just wish it was more noticeable. I'm thinking of getting a primer to use underneath so I can have the volume I want without having to deal with smudges again.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/4/2009 12:32:00 PM More reviews by hathor2

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I can't much add anymore detail than what was already expressed by reviews, I can add however my experience with the product.

Avon says:
Product Description:
Streak-free mascara that will weather the weepiest of movies. Washes away with soap and water

It's true enough.

Application of the product is easy and does not clump, the product does not cake on the applicator brush and applies thinly on my lashes. It dries fairly quick on my lashes so applying layers of it can be done quickly. Once applied because it dries pretty quickly, it doesn't go in to my eye and hurt me like some of the other mascaras I've tried before. It is not overwhelming with just a few layers of the product on my lashes. It just seems like I have thicker lashes than I really do. I find it great for day wear or office wear. I will need something slightly heavier if I were to have an evening function.

Once it has dried though, if I put too many layers, after a while the mascara cracks and migrates or spreads into small powdery like substance on my lower lid. This powdery cracked mascara combines with my eyeliner that has migrated further out to the outer corners of my eyes, kinda giving me a miniature cleopatra look, it doesn't look smokey it only makes the make up look worn out or in need of a touch up.

I bought this for a summer outing event that had a water event. So swimming in the pool or taking a deep by the sea didn't not make my mascara run. It stayed put, so the waterproof part of the product did prove true.

It's not expensive and the tube is thin enough to fit in my bag organizer. The applicator is not curved so it's easy for me to apply the product at either corner of my eyes with the tip of the applicator brush. Using the same applicator brush tip, it is easy to put on the product on my lower lid lashes, (because the brush isn't curved).

There's nothing I hate about it because it didn't make expect anything more than it simply claimed. I would buy this again for as an everyday day wear mascara, I just need to be careful about putting to much because it will crack and spread as a powder around my eyes.
It also makes good on its promise of getting washed off with soap and water, so a regular cream or foamy cleaser gets it off quickly and doesn't require me to do it over which I do for some eyeliners that stay behind especially at the outer corners of my eyes.