Dove Ultimate Clear Cool Essentials Anti-perspirant Deodorant

3.8

on 11/8/2007 3:34:00 PM

I used Lady Speed stick for a long time but have since switched to this because it doesn't irritate the underarm area after shaving and it smells great. I'm not having issues with white marks but even if I did, I think I would keep on using this because the skin looks and feels good. =)

on 11/6/2007 9:59:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I have tried a few other deodorants and have found this one to be the most unobtrusive and fresh in scent. it seems to last better than other ones and i never see white on my clothes. the condition of my underarms has improved or at least has not shown any signs of irritation as can happen with other deodorants after shaving. a good buy and well worth it.

on 11/6/2007 9:45:00 PM

This is my regular deodorant, and I stick with the Cool Cucumber scent. I still get white pilling on my clothes, but compared with the other deodorants I use, this one isn't as bad.

on 10/9/2007 6:47:00 PM

Makes my underarms noticeably softer. Love the smell- very refreshing and cool.

on 10/1/2007 8:23:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I usually use a stronger deodorant than this, but since the hot weather is over I thought a lower strength product would be okay. I was using Certain Dry, but that gave me this terrible itchy, bumpy rash in my armpits. Out of desperation I went looking for this stuff. I wanted to see if it would lessen the rash, give me some sweat protection and make my skin improve. I've only used it for three days, but I like this product very much! It smells fresh, not like those cloying scents of baby powder or too sweet citrus. Just fresh. I put this stuff on right after I shower + shave and my skin looks great, the rash cleared up and is nearly gone. The sweat protection doesn't keep me dry the whole day (hence the four stars), but it does well enough. Plus, I would really like to compliment whoever designed the packaging! I always hated when your fingers were damp or slick from just applying moisturizer and you couldn't get those little click dials at the bottom of the deodorant stick to turn. With this stuff, the entire bottom turns. Easy to use, and way more practical. I don't know if this is strong enough for summer, but right now in the cooler weather it's just perfect and I'll continue to buy.
Update 10/03/07> I've discovered this stuff isn't as invisible as it claims to be, it leaves white streaks all over dark clothing. However, my skin in my armpits actually looks good (weird, I know), and I just went out and bought a double pack of this at Target for $6.99. I definitely won't stop using this stuff, but I will be more careful when I'm getting dressed.

on 9/14/2007 3:52:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Cool

This stuff seriously cased a red rash and itchiness under my arms. I have never had a problem like that before. I wouldn't recommend if you have sensitive skin.

on 7/30/2007 11:07:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse

Typically I use baby powder scent deorderant, or "fresh", but surprisingly I like the cool cucumber scent, it is very subtle. I typically use Dove or Suave or even Teen Spirit, but I'm loving Ultimate Clear. It didn't break me out, doesn't leave a white residue on my clothes (or under my arms) and it handles perspiration well throughout the day. I wanted to use Secret, but its waaaaay too strong, I ended up in the emergency room with a scapel headed for my armpit. I only use 3 downward swipes of Ultimate Clear (if that makes sense to anyone) and haven't had any problems with odor. Another interesting side note is that it washes off clean, some of the other deorderants leave a residue unless I use a strong soap (which is harsh), but this washes away clean. Would definitely repurchase.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

This was okay. I don't have BO or sweat a lot, but I use deodorant anyway.

First of all, I think the scent is fine...a little too strong sometimes, but I can handle that. What I don't really like though is that the consistency or whatever is pretty much on the wet side. It's really slick-ish feeling if you ask me.
soooo no, I won't be buying this one again.

on 7/3/2007 4:49:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I got this as a sample from Dove and took it with me on vacation since it was a nice small size. I like the cool cucumber scent, because it is subtle, but it wouldn't be my first pick of fragrance. As for being "Ultimate Clear" this truly is the best. Every other deodorant leaves a white residue, but this is great in that respect. If I over-apply, where my underarms feel slippery, so I notice a white residue.

However, it is weaker in the antiperspirant department. In all fairness, though it is only on the hottest days that I notice sweat stains on me.

In the deodorant department, this is mediocre at best. I live in Texas and I am pregnant, and I know that pregnancy will mess with hormones and sweat glands, so this may work better for me after baby is born.

As for the condition of my skin after using it, I have noticed that my underarms are slightly less irritated than with my normal deodorant (Secret Invisible Solid in Powder Fresh). So I like that about this product.

Overall: It gets a 5 for being clear, a 4 for its scent, a 4 for antiperspirant abilities, a 2 for deodorant abilities, and a 4 for its skin conditioning abilities. That averages to 3.8 so I'll round up to 4. I do not think I would buy again, though, because of its lacking anti-deodorant properties. I am willing to try this product again in a different scent to see if the outcome is better (maybe Fresh, Powder, or Fragrance Free).

on 6/24/2007 6:28:00 PM

I don't really wear deoderant because I have major ingrowns and I really don't sweat underarms...But I got this product just to wear when I work out (in case lol) and man, what a lie! All my dark clothes had white residue on it and it was so flaky when anything rubbed against it. I love the smell of it, which lasts forever (cool cucumber scent), but so? That's why I have perfumes...I don't know, I personally will stick to Degree for women, it's a solid that doesn't flake or leave white stuff on you or on your clothes!