April 18, 2014 | 1375 users online

Powder - L'Oreal - Bare Naturale Powdered Mineral Foundation

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 2/15/2012 11:47:00 AM More reviews by laurag1122

This is the first mineral foundation that I tried and I love it. I have been wearing it for about 4 years now and would not use anything else. I tend to have oily/combination skin and this product definitely keeps it in check and has a natural look. I have tried other mineral foundations over the years but have not been impressed. I have tried Maybelline, Bare Minerals and Smashbox but none of them give me the coverage that Loreal does. They also cost a lot more than Loreal's Bare Naturale Minerals Foundation. I also appreciate the wide selection of colors that Loreal provides; I do not have to worry about transitioning from summer to winter makeup! I will never buy anything else!

rated 2 of 5 on 2/15/2012 6:14:00 AM More reviews by 3stuti

since i have been a huge fan of powder foundation this was my first foundation .... my shade was w4 golden beige it was just too perfect for my decided to use this shade n the foundation for the rest of my life but not now since this shade has been discontinued n other shades r a total mess for me soo i would never ever repurchase it i would rather try elizabeth arden pure mineral foundation

rated 4 of 5 on 2/11/2012 10:20:00 PM More reviews by strawapple

I have never tried other mineral foundations before, so I don't have any comparisons. I have oily-combination skin and I am prone to acne. This powder does not break me out, so that's definitely a plus. I definitely think that the foundation does make a difference, my overall skin looks more even. It took me eight months to finish my last one and I put it on about 5 days a week. HOWEVER I have pigmentation/discoloration around my chin and nose, and this foundation doesn't even it out at all. Also, it looks absolutely horrible if you have dry skin and patches and a bit cakey, no matter how miniscule amount I powder on. The packaging is pretty annoying, too, such a waste of plastic. The shade I use, pale ivory, is too light for me, but the next shade is too dark. I wouldn't necessarily recommend this because it's not amazing, but for $12-15 it is a pretty good purchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/8/2012 10:26:00 PM More reviews by JenniaB

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

LOve, Love, love!!!! I have never tried powder foundations before. So after reading great reviews for BM foundation, I bought it. But after applying it at home, it didn't do anything for me plus even though I got the lightest shade, it still looked yellowish for me. So I returned it and decided to give this one a try before I swear off of powder foundation. And oh my.... I loved it. As soon as I came home I applied it and loved the coverage (I have acne and spots from old ones), the feel of it and it did not accentuate any fine lines or dryness of skin (I didn't moisturize before). I also tried it on my mom who is 50, and it looked great!!!! Unless I need a totally full coverage, I will not be using liquid foundation. Oh, and I didn't even need a concealer. It is just perfectly natural without giving my face a fake airbrushed look. A Must have on my list!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/8/2012 7:13:00 PM More reviews by sweetiepea161616

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Green

I LOVE this! It's the only foundation that doesn't make my sensitive skin breakout. Unfortunately, I have been on accutane twice and now I am on Retin-A and my skin can get really dry, so the powder can look flaky on me. I don't really have a choice though because everything else (especially anything liquid) makes me break out like crazy! Plus this gives great coverage. I hate the brush it comes with because it packs on the foundation really heavy. I just use a fluffy powder brush and lightly sweep it on for light coverage. As my scars heal, I don't need as much coverage, which is great! I would give it 5 lippies if they didn't just raise the price so much! Grrrr!

rated 1 of 5 on 2/4/2012 8:54:00 PM More reviews by alanec

What can I say about this product...I purchased this at Walmart because my other drugstore mineral foundation was discontinued. It is fairly expensive for a tiny amount of product ($18 for a small jar with a built-in brush...the Physician's formula mineral foundation is a much better deal).

Besides this, the product is much heavier than other mineral foundations and can get cakey, even when you use small amounts...after an hour it starts to look more natural, but overall you can still tell that your wearing foundation. Other mineral foundations go on sheer, provide coverage, and look NATURAL- this is the first product like this that I've tried that gives me cake face. I hate it. I will use it up only because I've paid for it, but after this I will never buy this product again.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/3/2012 12:56:00 PM More reviews by vickibetty

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Green

This is a nice mineral powder with good coverage but once again, it has a very very slight luminosity to it which over emphasises the wrinkles around eyes and shows up pores. It is so hard to find a mineral powder with no luminosity or sheen. Stays on all day. I used to use this in my younger days but maybe I'm just getting too wrinkly for powders now! Probably a good choice for younger skins who just want to have a natural but finished look.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/29/2012 5:33:00 PM More reviews by jadeblu14

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I found this foundation as a replacement to Bare Escentuals or Sheer Cover. I tried both of those on an auto pay system. I wont focus on those, just that it became too expensive to keep buying every couple months. L'Oreal Bare Naturale is a very good substitute in my opinion. I still splurge on a nice radiance or blush to pair with this and it looks virtually the same on my skin. I also find that I do not need a concealer other than under my eyes because it covers really well. I was happy with how well it covered because I do get the occasional blemishes, especially around that time of month. I have very fair skin with pink undertones and find that the Soft Ivory matches perfectly. It looks good in natural light or bright lights. You can buy this for approx. $10 at Walmart, Amazon or look for bogo sales. It lasts me about 2-3 months. I wear it maybe 5 days a week, and need a decent amount to give what I consider full coverage. It looks great in any light and stays well enough. I always moisturize overnight and before applying foundation. I do not find that my skin dries out any more with this product vs a liquid or even the more expensive mineral foundations I mentioned. I am still in search of the "perfect" HG foundation for my skin, but until then, this is great!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/25/2012 12:23:00 PM More reviews by Corinneprior

I love this foundation! I have combination/sensitive skin, and this product couldn't work better with my skin. It covers up my dry patches better than any other foundation, including wet foundations! It stays on very well, and I even get compliments on my skin and trust me my skin is far from perfect, but this foundation makes even my skin look flawless! Looks good outside in daylight too, most people I know think that I don't wear make up because it blends so well.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/23/2012 10:39:00 PM More reviews by sharmilaa

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Coarse Eyes: Black

-This mineral foundation is very light - my skin can breathe doesnot feel stifled.
-Gives me Medium Coverage that can be built up - can cover my melasma decently. Photography beautifully like I have great skin!
-Stays put for atleast 7 hrs without altering color/oxidizing
-Pleanty of shades for all skintones - perfect shades.
-Matte Finish
-Doesnot Break me out (very imp for me.)
- Economical & good quality.
Unlike Bare Escentuals this doesnot give me an unnatural shine( like a sharkskin almost looks like I have metallic face with Bare Escentuals
Also it has more & better shades than Bare Escentuals.
I have both but I prefer l'oreal's mineral foundation - it is much better.
Cons - I have to make sure that my skin doesnot have flakes/is not overly prune like dry or blotchy as mineral foundations donot apply or look good then.
Hate the pakaging donot like the brush applicator.