October 24, 2014 | 1613 users online

Cleansers - The Body Shop - Tea Tree Oil Face Wash

rated 5 of 5 on 4/23/2013 8:32:00 PM More reviews by hellok1tty

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I really like this stuff! It makes my skin feel soooooo clean and soft, but without feeling dry. It does help clear up acne, but it doesn't seem to work very quickly... at least it didn't for me, but it's not too much of an issue for me since I very seldom get pimples. Still, I really like the way it makes my face feel, and my hubby did too! He used it more often than I did and asked me to buy more! I will buy this again.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/30/2013 11:46:00 PM More reviews by bbinette88

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I just finished using a whole bottle, it lasted 40 days. It does not leave my skin dry, like other stuf I bought before. This product did not make me breakout, but it didn't prevent new pimples either. I had 2 or hormonal pimples here and, that was it. But overall my face has cleared somehow, my friends noticed a change, it wasn't dramatic though. I was using it with the toner, night fade lotion and scrub. It wasn't I bought a second bottle and the toner, but after that second bottle, I am thinking of using cetaphil for a try.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/26/2013 6:54:00 PM More reviews by Klovi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I got this in small bottle when i looked around and thought i should get this because i have oily skin with acne scars all over and still battling acne. At first it was an okay product, didn't break me out nor help with my acne i keep using until i ran out but didn't want to repurchase because it's really drying after i was my face. Feels so tight. I moved to body shop seaweed face cleanser and it works great. But when i came back to body shop they ran out of the product so i get the tea tree cleanser anyway because it's on sale. But lately i felt my skin has gotten worse, acne appears here and there like never before i thought it was the makeup i'm using (its weird though because they didn't react bad to my skin before) so i thought there must be something wrong with my face routine, i never thought this cleanser is the culprit. Really, it breaks me out like CRAZY!!!! I was so down and refuse to go out of the house :( I always wake up with new zits and tons of white heads. It dries out my skin terribly like no products before. I stop using it and using seaweed again, and i woke up with no new acne that's how i found this thing is the culprit.
If you suffer from acne and blemishes and rather oily i recommend you to choose the seaweed range instead of this, they works way better. This just too harsh for my skin

rated 3 of 5 on 3/21/2013 2:26:00 PM More reviews by Softballandmakeup12

At first this made me break out but I didn't stop using it which was a good thing because after about two weeks my breakouts had faded a little bit. My acne isn't horrible but I still want it gone. It hasn't done anything for hyper pigmentation which sucks but its not my main focus for my skin. If you don't like the smell of tea tree oil you definitely will not like the smell of this. Somehow it always gets in my mouth and tastes horrible. But overall it's not amazing but it's also not terrible.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/20/2013 2:15:00 PM More reviews by primpednpink

I have used the Body Shop tea tree oil blemish clearing lotion and really liked it. I like the idea of using more natural products. I purchased this at Ulta for $11. Not bad considering more expensive brands like Murad and Dermalogica are in the $18-30 range for a face wash, which is crazy. This does the trick. I rotate this with my pink grapefruit cleanser from Neutrogena and the occasional scub every other day to exfoliate. It's gentle and refreshing and does not seem to aggravate my skin. I'm just getting over a horrible hormonal breakout and I like what this has done for my face so far.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/15/2013 2:21:00 PM More reviews by labesitos

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

It didn't do anything to my face. I thought it was going to help me with my acne, but I was wrong. A waste of money.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/13/2013 12:59:00 AM More reviews by reetu416

I wanted a gentle face wash for night time cleansing. This face-wash seems to serve the basic purpose. However, it didn't foam up nicely unless I used a LOT of product and seeing as it is an expensive buy it was not very feasible for me. Also, it doesn't remove any make up so, you have to use a make up removing solution before using this face-wash. Plus points the smell is nice "tea tree oily" , give me a kind of tingling sensation when I wash it off and leaves my skin feeling fresh and clean. The sad part is I can think of many cheaper face washes which would work better than this one.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/10/2013 12:06:00 AM More reviews by Kelle17

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

After coming off of birth control, I got terrible acne that I couldn't control no matter what I did. My doctor recommended this face wash. About two weeks in, my acne was completely under control, and I wasn't getting any new pimples. I thought my terrible acne 'phase' was just gone. I then ran out of the tea tree face wash and just bought some drug store scrub (Clean & Clear). Well, my acne came back faster than it went away. I am now back to using the Tea Tree face wash, and my acne is going away again. Each person is different, but I now swear by this stuff! It's amazing.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/17/2013 12:45:00 AM More reviews by OwThatGirl

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have oily, extremely acne-prone skin. Most products break me out so I am always really careful about my skin care products. I heard many good things about tea tree oil usage to clear up skin, so I decided to try out the skin clearing lotion from The Body Shop. The lotion was very drying, but I decided that I liked how drying it was because it could dry out any spots that I was getting. So I decided to buy the rest of the tea tree line. In a way, the tea tree line did dry up my spots, but it did not prevent new ones from forming in any way and the spots left dark marks on my face in a way that salicylic acid never caused me to have.

This face wash did not prevent my new acne from forming and I feel like it actually caused me to breakout more than if I were using no product at all. I used it alone with no positive results, so I tried using it with my Clarisonic and still nothing good happened except flaky patches all over my face. I rarely have flaky patches of my skin because it is slightly oily and the flakes made it so that I couldn't apply my usual foundation without it looking terrible.

I heard that tea tree oil works after prolonged use because of the initial "purging" of the skin that happens within the first two weeks, so I kept using this product twice a day until I had about half left in the container. If a product does not give your positive results within 6 weeks, I've also heard, it never will. So I stopped using the tea tree line and went back to the Clearasil products that give me clear skin.
The tea tree line sounded great, but I've found out from using it that my skin pretty much hates tea tree oil.

PROS:
Definitely dries out skin

CONS:
Leaves acne spots extremely flaky before the bump actually goes down
When pimples dry out, they leave very dark marks
Takes a while to see any kind of positive results
Initial "purging" stage never actually ended with this product
Face didn't feel especially clean after using it
Does nothing for blackheads or whiteheads

The sales associate at The Body Shop near my house actually told my friend before that their face washes are bad and that she shouldn't purchase them. I should have heeded her words and gone straight to the nearby Lush if I wanted to try more natural face products!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/6/2013 11:10:00 PM More reviews by blondebum

Tea Tree Oil Face Wash is a decent product that works well on combination skin that is not too sensitive to fragrance or lathering agents. I used this product for about 2 months and found that it did help calm down any redness in my face. I love the minty smell and it feels so crisp and clean when applying. My skin feels very moisturized and smooth after using. I rate this product 3/5 due to the following reasons:

-price

-can only be purchased at The Body Shop locations (or online)

-did not clear all of my acne

-small size for the price paid