October 22, 2014 | 1942 users online

Liquid - Almay - Nearly Naked LIQUID foundation

rated 4 of 5 on 2/7/2009 8:45:00 PM More reviews by tobyleota

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Coarse Eyes: Green

I liked this. The shade was pretty good (I tried Buff 140), not orangey, the coverage was shear to medium, and it lasted for about 5-6 hours, which is pretty good for my skin. It didn't accentuate my pores or any wrinkles, but it didn't give me a flawless look either. It seems thicker in the bottle than on the face, spread easily and blended nicely.
Just a pretty darn good liquid foundation and it comes off easily with make-up remover (not a lot of excess pulling and tugging).

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/13/2008 12:59:00 AM More reviews by HotCurry

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Ok, so I LOVE most of Almay's foundations...but not this one! First off, I actually like a light coverage foundation, it's just that I need a bit more coverage than this can give. I think this provides the coverage of a tinted moisturizer, and should be marketed as a TM. But I have used TM's that at least dried matte. If you are even slightly oily, you will want to set this with powder, since it's not a matte finish, and does nothing to control oil. I do hate the fact that Almay chose to use a chemical SPF, rather than solely a physical one like in their other foundations, since chemical SPF's make me more oily and break me out! If you want a "nearly naked" look, but with some actual coverage, I recommend the Line Smoothing or TLC versions over this one.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/5/2008 11:46:00 PM More reviews by yorkgirl2

I realllllllllly didn't like this foundation. I must have an ocd where I can't just stay with a product that works for me cause I am constantly buying new products. Anywho I will do the pro and con deal for this review. Here goes:
Pro - good shape bottle, easy to open
-nice color selection
-easy to apply
Con - greasy texture
-very little coverage
-doesn't last long
-turns a different color upon oxidation (made me VERY orange)
So as you can tell it's seriously not worth buying. There are a crap load of other drugstore foundations that are 100% better than this. Please don't waste your money ^_^

rated 3 of 5 on 9/27/2008 12:19:00 AM More reviews by Rigs

I was pleased that this actually came in a color light enough for my skin. However, I like a natural look, but need a little more coverage. Also, I noticed that by lunch-time it was pretty much gone. This would be good for someone that requires less coverage and doesn't have oily skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/26/2008 1:30:00 PM More reviews by pretiiandroid

This is a very good foundation. I've never liked liquid bases very much but this one's changed my mind. It has really good coverage and is very light. It also has some moisturizing qualities to it so you can put it on without a moisturizer and it isn't drying which is good because you do have to wear a powder with it. It has not irritated my skin or caused break-outs at all. It seems to last on me all day. My only gripe about it is that the shade choices are a bit limited to me and when you're in the store the packaging makes it kind of hard to tell what shade you're looking at. It's also pretty pricey but worth it I guess.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/16/2008 3:22:00 PM More reviews by Decadence

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Leaves a very natural finish but if you have oily skin like I do, it will not last long. I found that the sunscreen I used underneath made a huge difference in how long it lasted. If I use my Neutrogena Age Shield spf 55 (which leaves a shiny finish and never absorbs fully), my face looks very natural and even in tone except for shining like a lightbulb. If I use my Shiseido sunscreens, I like the finish better and it lasts a good bit longer. Regardless of the sunscreen underneath, I always wait a minute or two and then blot lightly w/ tissue b/f applying powder.

The way my skin looked was indeed very natural once I'd applied a light dusting of powder. Even my sister commented that my skin looked smooth and natural. It is on the sheer to light side (you can build the coverage up a little) so I needed a concealer for blemishes or healing blemish discolorations. Given how light the coverage and moist the texture, I think this sunscreen would work better for me in the drier winter months than during the summer.

For those who'd like to try, I use Armani 4.5 and for this foundation, I used beige 240 (given that it's summer and I'm a little darker despite diligent sunscreen use *sigh*)

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/9/2008 3:31:00 PM More reviews by agl112

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Wow, I'm really amazed at how well this foundation works. I'd read the reviews here and the mixed raves it got. But, I decided to give it a try as fragrance free and the price were right. This is a sheer to light foundation that goes on very smoothly and evenly and dries to a smooth matte finish. I found that the best way to deal with the glass bottle dispensing problem and the easiest way to apply this foundation was to use a foundation brush - what a difference! I was able to layer this foundation on easily and quickly; and it does cover up redness and even out my skintone. The foundation brush that I used was an Ecotools foundation brush that I purchased at Walgreens for $5.99. The foundation brush made application of this Almay foundation quick and easy. The foundation lasts all day, it feels weightless on your skin, no itching or burning. I used the Nearly Naked loose powder to set my makeup and it looks fabulous. Almay has very beautiful neutral colors to choose from and the powder is also quite neutral and makes your skin look polished, not cakey nor powdery looking. I would highly recommend this product!

UPDATE: 4/7/09: After several weeks of use, I had to stop because this became too drying for my skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/3/2008 11:27:00 AM More reviews by jenni_bebe

I really like this foundation it gave me a dewy look
i picked neutral 220 for normal/combo skin
the only con is the packaging it was messy trying to take foundation out

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/2/2008 3:30:00 AM More reviews by raynie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

It matches what it's called----nearly naked. yeah, it looks very natrural while you put it on ur skin but it doesnt last long. caz i have oily t-zone, the foundation disappear after like 2 hours. wont buy it again.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/5/2008 6:36:00 PM More reviews by babidawlxo

Im not entirely sure where I stand with this foundation... I'll just list some pros and cons I guess

Pros: Feels light, clean, natural coverage (doesnt look like a mask), blends very well, good for everyday type use

Cons: Not enough coverage for evening type looks.. seems to wear off easily, didn't help my shiny/oily prone skin (it made me greasier and shinier it seemed... even when first applied.. has a wet, rather than matte look)

Overall, I will probably use this foundation for my days at school or work, but not on the weekends or for pictures (it made me look greasy, not as much coverage as I'd like, etc)