October 23, 2014 | 1838 users online

Eye Shadow - MAC - Frost - Ricepaper

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/3/2010 12:59:00 PM More reviews by Chester99

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I get why Ricepaper is so universally loved but it doesn't impress me at all. It's a nice yellow beige color but I could NEVER wear this as a highlight. I'm an NW 15-20 and it's just too yellow for me. The best I can do is use it as a lid color/ on the inner part of my lid.
Will not repurchase since it will take me forever to finish this pan and then, it's just not for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/21/2010 8:01:00 PM More reviews by divinitee98

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Brown

By far the best highlight color EVER...this is excellent for women of color too!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/18/2010 8:51:00 AM More reviews by Ritagal09

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I use Ricepaper as my brow highlight. It's not shimmery and unbearably intense as a lot of highlight colors are but it's not dull either. I also use this on my entire lid sometimes. Great eye shadow.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/18/2010 8:37:00 AM More reviews by 1017

I finally get it! The awesomeness of this e/s, the comparisons to Femme Fi, the "its the perfect neutral"....I get it now! First, the comparison to my beloved Femme Fi. Femme Fi is a VP finish, this is a frost (but the most satin like frost I have ever tried) and Femme Fi has a bit more beige with golden under tones to it where as Ricepaper is a bit more yellow (to me but described as peachy) with golden undertones, but not OTT...still totally in the neutral family. Now as to the awesomeness of this e/s As I mentioned above, although Ricepaper is a frost, it applies like a satin. The whole reason I never tried it before was because I have dismissed the use of most frosts on my aging eyes. Ricepaper is the least frosty frost I have ever used. It does what all delicious butter cream type colors do to my brown eyes (NW20 skin with dark lashes and brows), makes my eyes pop like nobody's business! If you have brown eyes...try this baby...they will pop! It is a brighter than Shroom. I used Shroom to neutralize the pink out of my eye. Ricepaper does the same thing but makes me look just a touch more awake (brighter eyes). I am sure I will keep my Shroom on hand, but Ricepaper may replace it as my daily wake up call. I love Femme Fi and Dazzlelight as my fave neutrals. Now I am adding Ricepaper to the list. I know it is just another neutral, but for me it is THE neutral shadow of choice.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/17/2010 3:05:00 AM More reviews by jaymief

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I love this color and the formula. Very blendable and pigmented. It does brighten the eye area and shows up more yellow on my nc25 skintone. So a little goes a long way. Can be used as a highlight, lid color, or for inner eye ducts.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/15/2010 8:18:00 AM More reviews by delphinium83

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

This eyeshadow brightens the eye like no other! This is a must-have MAC eyeshadow for everyone! It is a somewhat yellow champagne color. A lot of people use it as a brow highlight...I think it's a tad too dark for me to use it that way so I use Shroom or another lighter highlight on the brow and Ricepaper on the lid. I have paired it with a neutrals like Sable or Sumptuous Olive in the crease and also bright colors like Aquadisiac in the crease. It goes well with almost anything. Very versatile!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/13/2010 11:32:00 AM More reviews by AmyDbaby

The most beautiful highlighter I've ever come across. This one has a bit too much shimmer for me to use all over the eye but it's about the most lovely highlighter I've ever found. Use it almost daily on brow bone and inner corners of the eye. Just perfection.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/13/2010 11:00:00 AM More reviews by EmilyM01

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This was my very first eyeshadow that I purchased from MAC, I can't even remember what drew me to this beautiful butter cream goldish champagne color, but I will always have a special spot for this particular eyeshadow. I am cool toned and I love neutral colors so this one is probably one of my faves. I love how it is so versatile as well.. I love to put it in my inner corners of my eyes for a bright eyed effect. on my lid, my brow bone mostly for a highlight, but I love to use this as a highlighter on my cheekbones as well. If I ever run out of this I will def. repurchase & it is so worth the money! Love it!!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/13/2010 10:58:00 AM More reviews by LaurenClark

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

I could not live my life without this shadow. It goes on so smoothly, it's a wonderful highlight color, as well as lid color. I use this color most frequently on my brides with texture and corduroy for a nice pretty bridal look

rated 5 of 5 on 9/13/2010 5:46:00 AM More reviews by rawcus

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Erm, I don't think I'd be the woman I am today without this eyeshadow! I wear this every day for work. I can wake up looking like crap and after I sweep this on I look alert and ready to face the day. It doesn't budge, even without primer. It's a beautiful buttery champagne colour which sweeps on in about 2 seconds. It looks great with a brown pencil eyeliner or a liquid eyeliner. It's also a great highlighter for under the brows with a heavier makeup look. Suits my fair skin tone as well. Been using this solidly for 6 months and nowhere near hitting pan.

I have much love for this as you can probably tell. If you're fair and looking for a classic great quality shadow that you will wear daily, you won't regret this purchase.

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No