November 25, 2014 | 1713 users online

Eye Makeup Remover - Sonia Kashuk - Remove

rated 4 of 5 on 11/28/2011 4:04:00 PM More reviews by KittyKidee

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Didn't think I'd ever be bothering to write a review on MU remover but "Remove" is definitely one of my favorites. Does the job. The bottle says "no stinging" and it's actually true! (unlike others who make the claim *cough* l'oreal *cough*) No matter how irritated my skin and/or eyes are it doesn't burn and gets everything off. oh, and I like the simple name "Remove". Reminds me of Jimmy Johns if anyone has eaten there and seen the napkins "wipe" and the cups "drink". Hehe. Overall, I've learned that products from the Sonia Kashuk line are either hits or misses and the hits are reeeal hits! (and the misses are usually pretty bad) My bottle of SK Remove came with a free cute mini travel bottle which I appreciated. Both bottles are almost gone and i think i will definitely repurchase! which is rare for me. I don't often repurchase products because I love to try different things but I don't think I will really be bothering to try any other brands after this. EL was great but too expensive. Other cheaper brands were.. exactly that. just cheap.. and crap. SK Remove is a winner.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/17/2011 12:05:00 PM More reviews by nettersbetter

I find this eye makeup remover to be very effective at removing waterproof mascara (I use EXTREMELY waterproof Japanese mascaras). It comes in a tall thin bottle with a wide mouth opening (some people don't like that but I think it's easier to wet the cotton pad). All I do is gently press a saturated cotton pad against my eye for 10 seconds. This will soften any waterproof makeup considerably. Then with light pressure, I slowly swipe my lashes up and down (in the same motion of applying mascara, if that makes any sense). All my eye makeup is removed without any scrubbing or tugging. I find this to have a much more oily feel than any other dual-phase remover that I have tried. That being said, the oiliness goes away after a few minutes, but then it leaves the skin around my eyes VERY dry, TOO dry (as in, I even get some flakiness on my lids). If this didn't dry out my skin so badly, it would probably by my HG eye MU remover.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/14/2011 3:45:00 PM More reviews by xxrocy

Feels like water, yet removes everything bit of eye makeup.. Love it

rated 1 of 5 on 11/1/2011 1:44:00 PM More reviews by cmkelly

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

First comment is I was shocked when I opened it at home to discover this product which sits on the shelf for the general public to touch came completely FREE of unprotective packaging. In other words, no seal, no plastic covering, nothing! Someone could put battery acid in the container as it's completely open!

Okay, now for the product. I purchased based on the fabulous reviews claiming it's a great substitute for Lancome Bifacial. I personally agree with the recent negative reviews regarding it being more work to remove the eye makeup and hence I removed a few eyelashes along with the product, and it stung my eyes.

I had never thought I could use an "oily" MU remover until I tried Bifacial, but that product is extradordinary. However, the price point is too high for me, so my search continues for an effective yet gentle product.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/15/2011 7:39:00 PM More reviews by kerrismile87

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Like the previous comment, I also used the Lancome makeup remover before purchasing this one. I bought this on a whim because I thought it would be a good alternative and it would hold me over until I could repurchase the Lancome one. This one looks like it has a lot of product but its packaging is very narrow but it still lasts a long time even if you use it religiously. The Lancome remover practically makes my makeup melt off without hesitation and the Sonia Kashuk one makes me work a little bit harder to remove all my waterproof eye makeup but overall a great buy.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/5/2011 1:22:00 AM More reviews by jinjuuleee

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

Before Sonia Kashuk, I was using Lancome Bi-Facil. I was freaking out when I was starting to run out because that stuff does not come cheap. I was looking for a cheaper alternative to it and I heard good reviews about this one.
I think $10.00 is a bargain for the amount that you're getting. Especially compared to Lancome's. Though, I did have to hold it there a little bit longer, I thought this remover removed my make up just as well as Lancome's and am very happy with it.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 9/26/2011 8:38:00 PM More reviews by lilxaznxamy

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This product does not claim what it says on the packaging. Somebody should really sue this company since most of their products contain benzyl alcohol. I dont even know why people rave about how good it works and saying its the best eye make up remover in the world. After i use this product to remove my eye makeup, i felt a burning sensation and it left dry patches around my eye. After a few days and weeks... it left my eye so red. Never ever recommend this product to a friend. They really need to discontinue this product ASAP!

rated 3 of 5 on 8/28/2011 1:47:00 PM More reviews by afinem3ss

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This was gentle on my eyes the first couple weeks I used it but then I experienced a bit of burning a bit afterwards. I wasn't completely sure if it was this or a cleansing pad I was using at the same time so I can't completely write it off.

It was effective at removing my mascara and eyeshadow with little to no effort. So I liked that. However, I dislike the packaging. I spilled the contents in the bottle 3 different times. I wish the opening were smaller to prevent that.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/26/2011 11:14:00 PM More reviews by JoieDeVlvre

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I will continue to buy and have bought this product again and again and again!!! It removes EVERYTHING, waterproof mascara, blacktrack fluid line by MAC, etc. Doesn't sting, isn't oily, it's fresh, it does it's job, it's amazing! It works just like Lancomes make up remover, which is also perfection, but Lancome is pricier perfection. Sonia Kashuk is less expensive perfection with same quality,

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/22/2011 12:30:00 PM More reviews by Seattlemama

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought this based on all the positive reviews but I am totally disappointed by it. First of all, it burns my eyes, and they were still burning hours after I used it. Also, I have to use a lot of it and even then, I have to work hard to remove my stubborn mascara. No thanks. I'll stick to my MUFE Sens'eyes - the best I've found for completely removing every last trace of my beloved Benefit They're Real mascara. Will not repurchase this.