August 27, 2014 | 1729 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Smashbox - Photo Finish Primer SPF 15 with Dermaxyl

rated 1 of 5 on 7/18/2008 12:35:00 AM More reviews by imzadi14

I got this as a sample from Sephora. I was very excited about a primer and spf product in one simple pump bottle. Good thing I tried it first. This product really made me angry! While it does have a nice feel on the skin and helped my makeup go on smooth, it DOES NOT have uva and uvb sun protection. So the spf 15 full spectrum as advertised is a complete lie. I emailed Smashbox and asked about this and they assured me that it is in fact uva and uvb protection....then I wrote back and asked for EXACTLY what ingredients were in the product for sun protection, because there were only the uvb chemicals listed. They responded that this is an oversight and they will be changing this soon. But they were quick to lie about it until I asked for specifics. That was about 6 months ago. This product as well as Laura Mercier's tinted moisturiser are the most aggravating products...people dont know that their skin is left vulnerable by false claims.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 7/7/2008 8:30:00 PM More reviews by kgrinn

I got a sample of this from sephora and it does not work for me. It stings my face and then later makes me dry out (I have oily skin and it's 80+ here!). I will stick with my YSL Matt-Touch Oil Free.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/23/2008 3:32:00 PM More reviews by mink

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've never really stuck with a primer in the past because I never really saw the benefits, but I've been using this one regularly and am really starting to like it. I'm not sold on the SPF (I wear moisturizer with sunscreen under it everyday) or the anti-aging properties (too early to tell), but it does really create a very smooth canvas for makeup application, makes my skin feel like silk, and keeps the oilies at bay. I'm not entirely convinced it is really making my makeup last longer, as I bought a new foundation around the same time I started using the primer, but it is does help keep my makeup from running on warm days and has not caused any breakouts (despite my fears based on the silicone-y texture alone). It also helps minimize the appearance of flaky and dry spots that can otherwise be emphasized with foundation. I bought the travel-size tube based on negative reviews about the full-size packaging and I definitely have no complaints - it is portable, hygenic, and will definitely allow me to use up all the product. Also, a little really does go a long way. I'm not sure if this is a HG, but I'll definitely keep using this until and unless I find something better.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/8/2008 8:11:00 PM More reviews by lauraaz

I love this primer- it goes on very smooth, and it doesn't make me break out even though I have sensitive skin. I didn't give it a 5 because I wore it hiking and I still got a bit pink, so I don't know if it serves the spf 15 rating. Weird, bc I don't burn very easily. Otherwise its my favorite primer.
update- I think this product is making my skin breakout in weird bumps and making my skin uneven- so I haven't been using this anymore-
----- update -Its been 1 month since I used it and those bumps haven't fully disappeared!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/23/2008 12:54:00 AM More reviews by BeagleLab

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I am really not sure about this product. It has been sitting in my drawer for a few months. I used it while I was on a business trip to Alabama, but it kind of melted. Of course, it was summer in Alabama. I like the ingredients in it though.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/14/2008 12:21:00 PM More reviews by ArizonaAngel

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I wasn't sure about this one as the original one made my skin greasy. I decided to try the small (I mean tiny!) one and so far I like it. It is a glossy apricot color but dries clear. Goes on very silky. I put on a very small amount, all over my face and eyelids. I let it sit for about five minutes and then applied some concealer and foundation. It really made my skin look very flawless, not oily at all, and gave my mineral make up more staying power. Made my skin feel lightweight, kind of airy. Not sure about the anti-aging properties as I haven't used it long enough, but so far so good. The downfall is the price - yes, you use a teeny bit, but I cannot always justify $17 for a super small tube. However I do like it, but I will probably stick to my Philosphy primer for daily use.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/11/2008 3:31:00 PM More reviews by ilovejoey

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

MY HG PRIMER! I love this stuff. It feels like silk, it keeps my foundation looking flawless all day, and my pores just vanish. I love that my foundation never settles into my pores or wanders down my face. The SPF is a great added bonus for this product, I wear it all year long and my skin has definitely seen the benefits. This is a product I will never live without.

I buy this in the travel size just because I much prefer tubes to pumps, as I find it much easier to get the product out when it runs low and it's much easier to carry a little plastic tube with me than a thick glass pump. That is why I rated the packaging so high, I don't know if I would be as happy with a pump but I think that has a lot to do with personal preference.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/10/2008 11:14:00 PM More reviews by BEBEgirl81

I love this product! You don't need alot, just one pump and it covers your entire face fine. It is slightly greasy feeling, but dries in 1 minute, so it no problem. It's a awesome primer for your skin, makes your foundation look flawless! Definitely going to buy more of this one.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/31/2008 7:08:00 PM More reviews by kickyouonce

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I got this as part of a kit, and I really like it. I don't use it everytime I use makeup, but I do use it when I'm "going out" and it makes a difference - AND it doesn't cause my rosacea to flare up at all. So I cheer for that!

It gives a nice smooth finish for the canvas of my face . . . and that's not so easy sometimes!

I don't know if I'll repurchase because of the cost -- the Smashbox kits are a fantastic deal, but not so much when you have to purchase individually -- but were cost not an issue, then it'd be a definite repurchase when I run out.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/31/2008 6:43:00 PM More reviews by ahwannabe

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Good primer, but do not use if you have rosacea. It made me flare up.