April 21, 2014 | 1884 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - Great Lash Mascara Waterproof

• Price: $

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/8/2010 7:39:00 AM More reviews by TheReviewLady

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I used to use this mascara in "brownish black" in high school. This was when I was still saving money for months to buy a single Maybelline lipstick. I probably had two lipsticks, two eyeshadows, one concealor, and one mascara in those days. Do you see where I'm going here? This is mascara for the uninitiated. If you are not spoilt by high-end mascara, you can make Great Lash "work". It's not by any means "great". It's extremely wet, clumpy, tacky, and un-dramatic. It probably made my lashes fall out, but I recall it being smudge-proof. What I used to do was wipe off the brush with a square of scrap paper (this works better than tissue because tissue can leave fibers on the wand), apply it to my lashes and separate my lashes with a lash comb. After that, I applied anything left over on the wand to my brows. I would repurchase this if it were the last mascara left on earth and I am struck by a sudden crazy desire to fiddle with my lashes.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/6/2010 10:57:00 AM More reviews by highwayrendezvous

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Black

I LOVE THIS MASCARA. It works for me! It gives me pretty, natural lashes and I got it in "Blackest Black", so it kind of naturally defines my eyes. Though I have oily lids, it doesn't smudge! What I love is that it holds the curl of my lashes all day, and this is a must-have in my kit. Too bad they don't sell this in my country. I will have to find a replacement for it.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/30/2010 10:58:00 PM More reviews by lucyann36

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This does nothing for my lashes, and has no staying power. Ugh.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/21/2010 8:22:00 PM More reviews by Sweetienat123

I have been using this for about 10 years and I love it! I have straight lashes, and curl them with an eyelash curler. This is the only mascara I've tried that keeps them curled and looking great all day/night. I wear the blackish brown shade everyday and will continue to buy it probably forever! I only put this on my upper lashes, it doesn't clump, I buy a new one when it begins to dry/run out, and it never smudges on me.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/10/2010 10:43:00 PM More reviews by DayDreamer223

I honestly don't understand all the low reviews on this product. I think the reason is because everyone has basically heard all these negatives things about this mascara they expect it to be really bad. Well I was one of those people. When I tried it I expected it to clump, flake, and make my lashes spidery... well it did not at all. For a waterproof mascara, this definitely is NOT waterproof believe me. And it also didn't flake on me all day. So this is a product that you'll have to try for yourself in order to get your own opinion.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/24/2010 10:17:00 AM More reviews by sweetfacedlion

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

It works fine, classic packaging, and reasonably priced. It tends to flake into my eyes, though, when it starts to dry out a little.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/22/2010 2:45:00 PM More reviews by rebaminahan

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Not sure why it got so high mark reviews on those magazines. I tried out first time during evening. Put on both upper and lower lashes. Just one coat. No more than an hour, I got raccoon eyes. I gave another try druing daytime. One one coat on upper lashes. Less than 2 hours, I got black marks on the bottom. I didn't put anything on my bottom lash. It made my eye itchy a little bit too. Just want to test out the waterproof feature, but I I'm very disappointed.

Besides the waterproof is not working, it's other features, like extending, curling, thicking, it pretty nothing. I used Chanel mascrara. One coat is all it needs to make my asian short and straight eyelashes dramatic.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/18/2010 2:28:00 AM More reviews by esquexox

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I don't like this mascara. If you use a different wand it's a little better but consistency is very thin. Took so many coats to get somewhat near my desired look.

I much prefer Maybelline's Define-A-Lash.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/14/2010 11:37:00 AM More reviews by rxqueen011

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Horrible mascara! I bought this in brown, which is pretty much black. The formula is very runny and gets everywhere. It also clumps like crazy and the wand is absolutely useless! It doesn't fan or anything, no matter your application technique. Sure you could run a lash comb through, but you have to do it over and over and it winds up bringing down my curl. Lashes felt crunchy. Was harder to remove than any other WP mascara I have tried, even using my trusty SK Remove. A few lashes fell out over the course of the evening after mascara was removed. I will never ever buy another Great Lash mascara. They all stink!

rated 1 of 5 on 9/9/2010 10:07:00 PM More reviews by razorbackrobin

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Raccoon eyes by the end of the day!