Revlon Colorstay Pressed Powder with SoftFlex

3.7

New version (2011): Mica, Bismuth Oxychloride (CI 77163), Zinc Stearate, Silica, Dimethicone, Nylon 12, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Polyethylene, Octyldodecyl Glycol Grapeseedate, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Isododecane, TrimethylsiIoxysilicate, Lechithin, Hydrogenated Lecithin, Cymidium Grandiflorum Flower Extract, Serica (Silk), Malva Sylvestris Extract (Mallow), Lilium Candidum Bulb Extract, Lactobacillus/Eriodictyon Californicum Ferment Extract, Lauroyl Lysine, Synthetic Sapphire, Dimethiconol, Dimethicone/Silsesquioxane Copolymer, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Phenoxyethanol, Sorbic Acid, May Contain ( /-): Mica, Iron Oxides (CI 77491, 77492, 77499), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891) -------------------------OLD VERSION: Talc, Dimethicone, Silica, Nylon 12, Polymethylmethacrylate, Zinc Stearate, Perfluorononyl Octyldodecyl Glycol Meadowfoamate, Polyethylene, Trimethysiloxysilicate, Cyclopentasiloxane, Lecithin, Cymbidium Grandiflorum Flower Extract, Serica (silk soie), Malva Sylvestris Extract (mallow), Lilium Candidum Bulb Extract (lily), Lactobacillus/Eridictyon Californicum Ferment Extract, Lauroyl Lysine, Alumina, Dimethiconol, Polydimethylsiloxane/Polymethysilesquioxane Copolymer, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben, May Contain ( /-): Mica (CI77019), Iron Oxides (CI77491, CI77492, CI77499), Titanium Dioxide (CI77891), Bismuth Oxychloride (CI77163)

I'm so disappointed with this powder....the DARKEST shade would only match a caucasian woman of medium-dark complexion. They clearly didnt make this line for African women, whether light, medium or dark. The shades are very limited...and it just looks and feels chalky on my face. I wish they would make the shade that goes with my RCS foundation. Sigh.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I got this along with my revlon colorstay liquid foundation after watching a review on youtube and then seeing that it was a BOGO at rite aid, it was like a sign. So i got this in medium/deep to go with my 400 caramel liquid foundation. I think they work really well together. I tried this along with my tinted moisturizer but I found that it left me looking a little too light because my tinted moisturizer doesn't provide much color. But with my revlon colorstay it's really great. It is kind of loose so I found that i do need a bigger fluffy brush to apply it. The packaging is really sleek which is always great for drugstore foundations.

I do like this powder. Simple packaging, no gimmicks, just a compact powder with a mirror. However, medium was a bit too dark for me, and I'm pretty tan, so it's gonna be my bronzer from now on. The couple of times that I did apply it all over my face (before looking in my car mirror on a sunny day and realizing I looked like I had a horrible experience with a self-tanner), it was wonderfully smooth and mattified my skin, but didn't feel over-drying like some powders. I'll be sure to purchase it in light/medium next time. I'd highly recommend this as a FINISHING powder, not a foundation powder (in other words, don't wear it alone.)

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

I bought this thinking it would stay on all day like the colorstay Liquid seeing as I have really oily skin but wanted something lighter that looked more natural and not so caked on. I got it in Medium which was a close enough match. Cons of this product are that unfortunately it does not last very long. After about 2 hours this powder has disappeared taking my blusher with it. Very dissapointing. Though I did use it on its own as a foundation with just a moisturiser, it may work well as a setting powder ontop of a liquid foundation?

The powder is not very pressed and makes a mess, and the puff it comes with ended up cracking the podwer into bits with the slightest touch.I wouldn't buy this again as I think there is probably a better powder out there and at 10.50 it doesn't come cheap.

EDIT: I now use this for very light coverage on days when I'm not really doing anything and it evens out my skin very nicely, doesn't look like I have any make up on and gives a finished look. It's so easy to apply I think I may keep buying this when I run out but staying power needs to improve! But for times when you need something for just a few hours and light coverage this is good.

Skin: Normal, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse

So why did they take away the 'deep' shade for this powder? Do they think darker skinned women don't use powder--they must be mistaken. If they can have dark shades for the liquid foundation they sure as heck can have a dark shade for the powder!

Well,it is very cheap compared to other revlon pressed powder. Packaging looks very cheap but very light n sturdy. I can say this is dupe for MAC Blot Powder. It does keep my skin oil free for about 4 hours. It's pretty good job for my super oily skin. Definately will purchased again.
I like how this powder set on my foundation. It doesn't add coverage to my foundation, it just help to set my foundation which I really like. It doesn't caked, it looks very visible on my skin.
I hope revlon can improve the packaging which for me look very cheap. Overall great product!

I always return to this powder. It works really well for setting makeup and doesn't settle in fine lines. I used to wear MAC Blot Powder but the darn thing always crumbles on me, so I have given up! This actually works just as well for less $, esp. if you use coupons or get it BOGO at CVS. I wear MAC NC20 and the shade "Light" works well for me. It is a pale beige with very slight yellow undertones which helps to cancel out redness, but not so much that it looks yellow on me.

The compact is incredibly ugly and cheap-looking, and I wish Revlon would improve it. It is not something you'd want to whip out in public! I don't carry it with me anyway, since I only use it to set my makeup in the a.m. But it would be nice to have a somewhat more chic-looking compact. Come on, Revlon, splurge a little and spruce up the container a bit!

Otherwise--I love this powder. It is one of those drugstore gems that one hopes never gets d/c!

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

Lasts long, mattifies beautifully, doesn't cake, gives a smooth soft look and prevents my concealer from creasing and settling into fine lines.

Compact packaging. Throw out the puff it comes with, its very cheap.

Great, will repurchase!

Skin: Other, Fair, Cool

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

I'm really liking this powder.It doesn't get cakey like alot of others can.I use a nice fluffy powder brush from Sonia Kashuk and it blends the powder in nicely.It helps control shine and makes my makeup last.There is no weird smell which I cannot stand in powder!! I like the compact.I don't find it to be made cheaply.I have had no problems with it and to me it feels sturdy.The coverage is light,which I like best in pressed powders.I have the shade in fair which is a pretty good match.For drugstore powder this is the best.

I have been wearing and loving the Colorstay foundation for oily/combo skin formula and absolutely loving it. I thought I would give the powder from this line a trial as well, especially based on the positive reviews and rating on MUA.
I purchased the "light" colour as it was the lightest shade available and actually I'm surprised that Revlon doesn't make a translucent or fair shade. The colour is a nice neutral shade with neither strong pink or yellow tones, making it quite versatile for many people to use. Personally the colour is a pinch to dark for me, but I use it sparsely to set my foundation and use a different powder for touch ups throughout the day. The sponge applicator provided didn't work for me as it made my makeup look cakey, messy, smeared, and it was difficult to blend and set my foundation. I just used my usual fluffy makeup brush and the application went a lot smoother.
The powder did a decent job of keeping my skin matte and smooth, but definitely not 16 hours as advertised on the packaging. I could go about 5 to 6 hours before I felt I needed to touch up my t zone.
Personally I wouldn't repurchase due to the lack of lighter shades and desire to try different products, just not my HG I was hoping for.

UPDATE - Thanks to the advice and suggestion of a fellow MUA lady I found and purchased the colour "fair" through Ebay at a rockin' price!! I'm going to up my lippies from 3 to 5!! The fair colour is perfect for my complexion and this powder really preforms well!!! So happy and this is one of my two HG powders now! I have already reordered 3 more from Ebay to hoard for future use. :)