Revlon Colorstay Pressed Powder with SoftFlex

New version (2011): Mica, Bismuth Oxychloride (CI 77163), Zinc Stearate, Silica, Dimethicone, Nylon 12, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Polyethylene, Octyldodecyl Glycol Grapeseedate, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Isododecane, TrimethylsiIoxysilicate, Lechithin, Hydrogenated Lecithin, Cymidium Grandiflorum Flower Extract, Serica (Silk), Malva Sylvestris Extract (Mallow), Lilium Candidum Bulb Extract, Lactobacillus/Eriodictyon Californicum Ferment Extract, Lauroyl Lysine, Synthetic Sapphire, Dimethiconol, Dimethicone/Silsesquioxane Copolymer, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Phenoxyethanol, Sorbic Acid, May Contain ( /-): Mica, Iron Oxides (CI 77491, 77492, 77499), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891) -------------------------OLD VERSION: Talc, Dimethicone, Silica, Nylon 12, Polymethylmethacrylate, Zinc Stearate, Perfluorononyl Octyldodecyl Glycol Meadowfoamate, Polyethylene, Trimethysiloxysilicate, Cyclopentasiloxane, Lecithin, Cymbidium Grandiflorum Flower Extract, Serica (silk soie), Malva Sylvestris Extract (mallow), Lilium Candidum Bulb Extract (lily), Lactobacillus/Eridictyon Californicum Ferment Extract, Lauroyl Lysine, Alumina, Dimethiconol, Polydimethylsiloxane/Polymethysilesquioxane Copolymer, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben, May Contain ( /-): Mica (CI77019), Iron Oxides (CI77491, CI77492, CI77499), Titanium Dioxide (CI77891), Bismuth Oxychloride (CI77163)

on 4/22/2010 1:55:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse

So why did they take away the 'deep' shade for this powder? Do they think darker skinned women don't use powder--they must be mistaken. If they can have dark shades for the liquid foundation they sure as heck can have a dark shade for the powder!

Well,it is very cheap compared to other revlon pressed powder. Packaging looks very cheap but very light n sturdy. I can say this is dupe for MAC Blot Powder. It does keep my skin oil free for about 4 hours. It's pretty good job for my super oily skin. Definately will purchased again.
I like how this powder set on my foundation. It doesn't add coverage to my foundation, it just help to set my foundation which I really like. It doesn't caked, it looks very visible on my skin.
I hope revlon can improve the packaging which for me look very cheap. Overall great product!

on 4/13/2010 10:16:00 AM

I always return to this powder. It works really well for setting makeup and doesn't settle in fine lines. I used to wear MAC Blot Powder but the darn thing always crumbles on me, so I have given up! This actually works just as well for less $, esp. if you use coupons or get it BOGO at CVS. I wear MAC NC20 and the shade "Light" works well for me. It is a pale beige with very slight yellow undertones which helps to cancel out redness, but not so much that it looks yellow on me.

The compact is incredibly ugly and cheap-looking, and I wish Revlon would improve it. It is not something you'd want to whip out in public! I don't carry it with me anyway, since I only use it to set my makeup in the a.m. But it would be nice to have a somewhat more chic-looking compact. Come on, Revlon, splurge a little and spruce up the container a bit!

Otherwise--I love this powder. It is one of those drugstore gems that one hopes never gets d/c!

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

Lasts long, mattifies beautifully, doesn't cake, gives a smooth soft look and prevents my concealer from creasing and settling into fine lines.

Compact packaging. Throw out the puff it comes with, its very cheap.

Great, will repurchase!

Skin: Other, Fair, Cool

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

I'm really liking this powder.It doesn't get cakey like alot of others can.I use a nice fluffy powder brush from Sonia Kashuk and it blends the powder in nicely.It helps control shine and makes my makeup last.There is no weird smell which I cannot stand in powder!! I like the compact.I don't find it to be made cheaply.I have had no problems with it and to me it feels sturdy.The coverage is light,which I like best in pressed powders.I have the shade in fair which is a pretty good match.For drugstore powder this is the best.

on 3/15/2010 4:40:00 AM

I have been wearing and loving the Colorstay foundation for oily/combo skin formula and absolutely loving it. I thought I would give the powder from this line a trial as well, especially based on the positive reviews and rating on MUA.
I purchased the "light" colour as it was the lightest shade available and actually I'm surprised that Revlon doesn't make a translucent or fair shade. The colour is a nice neutral shade with neither strong pink or yellow tones, making it quite versatile for many people to use. Personally the colour is a pinch to dark for me, but I use it sparsely to set my foundation and use a different powder for touch ups throughout the day. The sponge applicator provided didn't work for me as it made my makeup look cakey, messy, smeared, and it was difficult to blend and set my foundation. I just used my usual fluffy makeup brush and the application went a lot smoother.
The powder did a decent job of keeping my skin matte and smooth, but definitely not 16 hours as advertised on the packaging. I could go about 5 to 6 hours before I felt I needed to touch up my t zone.
Personally I wouldn't repurchase due to the lack of lighter shades and desire to try different products, just not my HG I was hoping for.

UPDATE - Thanks to the advice and suggestion of a fellow MUA lady I found and purchased the colour "fair" through Ebay at a rockin' price!! I'm going to up my lippies from 3 to 5!! The fair colour is perfect for my complexion and this powder really preforms well!!! So happy and this is one of my two HG powders now! I have already reordered 3 more from Ebay to hoard for future use. :)

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I regret buying this. I have to remind myself not to be suckered in by pretty packaging!

For reference: I am a dirty blonde with dark hazel eyes and a bisque-to-beige skintone with warm-to-olive undertones.

Price: Bought this for $9.99 at my local CVS. I expected to be paying for quality. I wasn't (read on to see what I mean). I bought this because I have recently run out of my beloved L'Oreal True Match pressed powder.

Packaging: Nice simple black case with a white "REVLON" printed on top. Very simple, something I don't mind carrying around in my purse and touching up with. The puff isn't the greatest, though, and I wish there were a seperate compartment for it. Mirror could be bigger, too. Slim and sturdy. Overall, not bad for drugstore packaging. I gave it a 4 for packaging quality.

Color: I got this in Light, and it's the perfect color for me.

Coverage: Light. I would say about the same coverage as a medium tinted moisturizer. On days when I'm outside or running around, it diffuses my flaws, but by no means covers them.

Texture: Icky ick ick. I have very high standards for powder, and this stuff failed miserably. Save yourself some money and buy the NYC powder. Seriously. Feels kind of finely milled, but definitely not good quality. Veryveryvery chalky. Once I got through a little bit of the powder, in the compact you could see little white flecks and grains of powder that hadn't been milled well enough. For $9.99, the least that they could do is mill the powder properly. Honestly, my *$1.99* NYC Smooth Skin Pressed Powder has a better texture than this.

Finish: The actual matte finish is nice, but because of the cheap-o texture, this powder looks cakey, clings to pores, and picks up all of your flakies.

Staying Power: A bit better than my L'Oreal True Match Powder. Does keep me matte for a fairly long time, at the price of being quite cakey.

Other Notes: wish it had an SPF.

How I Wear It: I use it to set my Maybelline Mineral Power Natural Perfecting Concealer with a powder brush. Use either a powder brush or lightly use the included puff to stay matte throughout the day. Okay as a finishing powder, horrific as a blot powder.

Buy It Again: No way. I'll stick with my L'Oreal True Match for finishing, my NYC for blotting, or maybe try something else. I'll continue to use it because it is okay as a setting powder and I would hate not to use something that I spent $10 on, but I have really lost my faith in Revlon products.

Summary: Liked the packaging, color, and staying power, but hated the price, texture, and finish.

Suggested Alternate Purchase: If you're looking for a great setting powder, buy L'Oreal True Match Super-Blendable Powder. It's truly amazing. No, the packaging isn't as cute as Revlon's, and yes, it is about 50 cents more expensive, but that 50 cents more is giving you much, much, much better quality powder. Very finely milled, never EVER looks cakey, can be applied with a puff or brush, and has great coverage, enough to be used as a light foundation when applied with a sponge. (For color reference, I bought the Revlon powder in Light, and in the L'Oreal I buy N3 in the summer and N2 in the winter).

If you're looking to save a few bucks, get New York Color Smooth Skin Pressed Powder. It's only 2 bucks, has very simple packaging, and if you buy it in Translucent, it is great for blotting because it doesn't look cakey easily (just don't pile it on). I can't speak for it's coverage because I've never tried it in anything other than Translucent. I hear NYC has a great loose powder too.

on 12/30/2009 4:23:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This keeps me matte for hours! I usually only have to apply this once and I am set for the day. Just don't use the sponge/puff it comes with otherwise it creates a cakey look, it's useless. Use your own sponge and you'll achieve the look you want.

on 12/13/2009 9:49:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I am very fond of most of the colorstay products (I use both the foundation, the liquid eyeliner and the automatic one) but this powder was just okay to me. Although it did keep me matte for a good 3-4 hrs (pretty good for my OILY skin), it takes a lot of work for it not to look cakey when applied. I have to take care not to apply too much and then buff it out really well even after that. Also, I hit pan a lot sooner than I usually do with powders. I would like to give it a 3.5, but if I'm afraid I have to round it down.

on 11/24/2009 9:47:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

I bought this powder in medium to go with the colorstay C/O skin foundation in #250 Fresh Beige & found it to be a good match. It's not the smoothest pressed powder I've tried nor is it my favourite. I think it's a good, everyday, generic powder. It's definitely not a silky or as smoothing as Dior's pressed powders, but it does it's job - it provides a mattifying finish. It doesn't help diminish fine lines or plump the skin blah, blah, blah that $80-120AU powders do; but it's fine for everyday use.

I'd buy it again if I bought the foundation again as the colours work well together. I like to apply my powders with a brush to get the smoothest look. When I apply this with the sponge it gives that awful, cakey, big-pored look that ALWAYS happens to me when I apply powder with a sponge (& I don't have large pores). The packaging is really simple & effective too - small compact (I"m talking to you Lauder & Dior & especially Guerlain with your big, hulking, dazzling compacts!!!!) that doesn't take up too much room in your handbag, with a mirror (are you paying attention Guerlain - put a mirror in your Meteorites Pressed Powder - we pay enough for them!!!!) & little white perfect for on the run touch-ups.