Almay Liquid Eyeliner

3.6

Water , Propylene Glycol , Triethanolamine , Oleyl Alcohol , Magnesium Aluminum Silicate , Stearic Acid , Xanthan Gum , Glyceryl Stearate , Hectorite , Cellulose , Acrylates , C-10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer , Isopropylparaben , Butylparaben , Isobutylparaben , Iron Oxides , Mica CI 77491, 77492, 77499 - May Conatain , Titanium Dioxide CI 77019 - May Conatain , Ultramarines CI 77007 - May Conatain

on 7/4/2011 1:29:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I usually prefer a retractable pencil eyeliner, but decided to try a liquid liner with a felt tip. I found this liner to be easy to apply and control. It dries nicely too, and doesn't seem to smear. Guess I can't expect more for the price!

on 5/10/2011 10:04:00 AM

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

I really like this product , no joke. I have weird eyelids that can look like they're double but sometimes look like hooded eyelids. This lines my eyes nicely & you can notice the difference (in a good way haha). It's pretty easy to control for me so I have almost no problems with it. The only thing I can think about that I don't like, is that it's not waterproof. For me, it doesn't matter anyways because I haven't had it smudge massively (only a bit) yet since I've bought it.

on 4/29/2011 10:39:00 PM

What it is: a black 16 hour liquid eyeliner.
- - -
Pros - decent length plastic applicator (meaning long enough so that your hand isn't in your eye but short enough so you maintain control of the handle). long lasting. true to black color. doesn't smudge.
- - -
Cons - not waterproof at all. brush can lose its firm shape after some time (although I preferred this, I can see why others might not).
- - -
Side note - I used to use the Mac liquid eyeliner (black tracks) but it seemed like after a few hours it would look crusty or patchy. I've never had that problem with this liquid liner. The 2.9 mL bottle has lasted me over a year and I've been using it daily on my upper lash line because the color doesn't fade the way pencil liners do. I'm not sure if it holds up to 16 hours but it is definitely long wearing.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Cool

This product is my favorite liquid eyeliner and I've tried them all. I'm one of those girls who overindulges in her winged eyeliner. Being Asian, just lining doesn't define enough for me. I need a vivid, black, sharp line and a slight wing and boy, does this product deliver!
One of these babies last me about three months' worth of every day lining and the color and the staying power is perfect every time. My only grip with it is pretty personal. The applicator loses its stiffness in a couple weeks, so I grow accustomed to the looser, softer tip. When I open a new package, the applicator is hard and stiff and doesn't pick up as much product as I want. But I suck it up.
A tip- I noticed this and Revlon's Black Colorstay eyeliner are pretty much identical products, which makes sense because Revlon is Almay's parent company. But Almay's has more product- a .2 fl oz difference and it's actually a dollar cheaper at my local drugstore.

on 4/6/2011 3:32:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I am Asian and have "half" double eyelids or hooded eyelids. My first requirement for eyeliner is that liner on my upper lash line doesn't smudge onto my lower lid. When I first used this product, I was pleased with the brush (stiff and easy to use). The consistency was slightly watery, but two coats did it for me. However, 3 hours later without any sort of sweating or eye rubbing, I had dark smudges under my eyes. This product is a definite NO for me.

on 3/29/2011 7:43:00 PM

I loved this eyeliner, It lasted me a long time, and it stayed on all day. I would buy this again.

on 3/29/2011 7:24:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Its the best if ever tried. It stays on all day and the brush gives great precision. It doesnt smudge but it comes off easily with make up remover. The bottle is small so its prefect for travel and its overall the best and cheapest ive ever tried.

on 3/20/2011 2:47:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I love this. It is my goto eyeliner and my holy grail. In the past, liquid eyeliners (maybeline, colorstay, milani) have all performed poorly- I.e., once dried the finish is unnaturally shiny,flaky, and the texture is latex like or plasticy. Previous liquid eyeliners, tighten after they dried and pulled my skin together to produce wrinkles, making me me look aged. I found out about Almay's eyeliner because I asked a fellow student who had the prettiest eyeliner I had ever seen- it was saturated, smooth, and intensely dark. And , I was shocked when she said it was Almay because I don't care for their products. However, I bought it and fell in love- it looks so good! It has a velvety finish and an intense charcoal black color. As long as you don't lick your finger and rub it, the product stays put well, but it isn't sold as a "waterproof" eyeliner. It did not smudge on my 12 hour nursing shift. But, it probably would run if you were sweating at the gym. Also, I don't apply it directly on top of the inner eyelid corners so I am not sure how it performs if you apply it that way. This is a great product and does the job well.
My only con is that it tends to burn sometimes, so if your are sensitive or have allergies, be cautious. Otherwise, pain is beauty baby!! This is my number one rated eyeliner. It looks sexy, and can be worn everyday.

on 2/21/2011 4:12:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

i have been using Almay liquid liner for about 2 years now and so far I've been loving it! unlike other liquid liners the brush applicator has a nice sharp tip for precision. it stays on the whole day and i have oily eye lids. the packaging is great and easy to carry around. Overall Almay's liquid liner is fabulous

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

I bought this eyeliner because I didn't have any black liquid liner and felt that I needed some in my life. At first I liked the felt tip but over time it started shedding and little hairs would come out and I'd have to pull them out so that it doesn't mess up my eyeliner. I also found that the tip got a little fatter, and its harder than it was when I first bought it to make a thin line. But the color comes out really black and doesn't smudge on me once its dry.

Top Rated Almay Products