Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer SPF 20 - Oil Free

3.5

Active Ingredients: Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Ethylhexyl Salicylate. Ingredients- Water, Disiloxane, Peg-30 Dipolyhydroxystearate, C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Glycerin, Isohexadecane, Cyclopentasiloxane, Phenoxyethanol, Boron Nitride, Jojoba Esters, Magnesium Stearate, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Squalane, Laryl PCA, Tocopheryl Acetate, Tetradibutyl Pentaerithrityl Hydroxyhydrocinnammate, Isopropyl Titanium Triisostearrate, Disodium Edta, PPG-15, Stearyl Ether, Dipotassium Glycyrrhizinate, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxide (CI 77492), Iron Oxide (CI 77491), Iron Oxide (CI 77499)

on 6/26/2013 12:39:00 PM

Several friends with skin similar to mine recommended this product as a good summer alternative to face full of heavy makeup. I live in the South where humidity is a beast and even the toughest of makeups will fail.

I had used it for a few weeks and really enjoyed the coverage and feel of this product and how nice my skin felt. It controlled oil as well as I could have hoped given that my face is the Exxon Valdez. The true test came when my office building had to be evacuated due to a bomb threat. Three hours in the Mississippi heat. I was sweating buckets. Surely my carefully applied face was RUINED.

When I finally got to my car, I looked in the mirror. My eyeshadow was a wreck but my skin looked flawless. I looked closer and my tinted moisturizer hadn't BUDGED. When I went to the movies later, all I had to do was change out of my sweaty clothes, reapply my deodorant and freshen up my powder and I was good to go. And the SPF in this is wonderful because while my fish-belly pale face should have toasted up nice and crispy in the sun, there wasn't a hint of burn anywhere. Not even freckling.

I'm convinced the secret ingredient in this stuff is unicorn tears.

on 6/13/2013 12:46:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I don't like this.

This feels heavier than my regular foundations! The coverage is light-medium. Definitely more than you'd expect from a tinted moisturizer. It's thick, so you really can only use your fingers or a sponge- no brushes- to apply. And it's got this very shiny finish. It's not even dewy anymore, it's just SHINY.

I tried applying pressed powder but can look cakey very easily. The lasting power isn't so great either. I do find that my blush lasts longer with this moisturizer. And it's got SPF. So it gets two lippies.

This product is over-hyped. I will not repurchase.

Hair: Black, Other, Fine

I have dehydrated (different from dry) and oily skin. I really wanted to like this product, but it made me break out. It feels light on skin and dries quickly so you don't have to wait long to apply the rest of your makeup. However, it oxidizes and made my skin feel rough/harsh after. I have tried it with and without setting powder foundation and still...very coarse. A couple hours later, it made my face extremely oily and shiny. Then, I would break out from it. It also is light coverage, so it doesn't conceal my acne scars.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

After using up 3 little sample tubs of this tinted moisturizer, I finally took the plunge and purchased the full size for a little birthday treat. My all time favorite base! It leaves a natural finish and lasts really well on my skin. It covers redness well on my skin, but doesn't cover blemishes. I didn't expect it to anyways, that's what concealer is for! I top it with a powder and it lasts beautifully on my skin. Since I only just bought the full size, I can't say much on the packaging, but how bad can a squeeze tube be? (Then again...the tester at Sephora looked pretty worse for wear) Anyways, I adore this tinted moisturizer, a staple in my makeup bag!

on 5/9/2013 7:31:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

This product worked VERY well on my acne-prone skin and combined with maybelline's Dream matte powder looked completely natural! I would not recommend to those with very bad broken out skin since this does have light coverage. I used a bobbi brown concealer over my acne scars and then layered it with the moisturizer again so it doesnt peel. I only blot my face about once during the school day! ^_^ Yes this product is pricey but it lasts forever and is worth the buy!

I do like this product to a certain extent and although it claims to be oil-free, it does have a little sheen to it to create a dewy finish. I've never been the sort who likes the dewy look but have recently grown to like it quite a bit. I've tired applying this product with my fingertips but it doesn't give a good coverage as opposed to using a stippling brush.

I feel that with this amount of money, the product could have turned out a lot better in terms of the finish and the texture to the product.
full review with photographs up on our blog!

on 4/29/2013 3:58:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I switched to the oil-free tinted moisturizer even though I have dry skin. I thought since I moved to Texas and the hot weather, the oil-free will help out. The oil-free is just not hydrating enough for my dry skin. It is harder to apply than the original formula but it has slightly more coverage. However, I am not liking the finish on my dry skin. My skin looks dry even with a moisturizer underneath. It lasted about 4-5 hours in Texas. This depends on the weather. The hotter it is, the shorter the time wear even with a primer underneath. When it wore off my skin, it looks patchy. I'm not sure what's the cause of that. I never had that problem with the original or illuminating version. I won't be repurchasing the oil-free but I will be repurchasing the illuminating formula.

on 4/29/2013 9:37:00 AM

What a disgusting product!! A friend of mine gave me a sample of this so I tried it. This is the most hideous product I have ever used. Expensive , oily , bad colour . One word- bleaahhh. I wouldn't use this one even if you would pay me.

Unfortunately, not really worth the price. It's a good basic tinted moisturizer, but I feel like I've seen some drugstore brands that do just as good of a job. The color is good and didn't oxidize on me. However, it gives you that very shiny "sunblock" look, feels tacky/gloopy on the skin and calls out dry patches....screams them at you, really.

This was my go-to for a while because I thought this was the best there was to offer, disappointing as that seemed. Thankfully, that isn't true. I like Nars' SPF 30 tinted moisturizer much better. Costs about the same, but performs far better.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

Having oily skin that isn't too blemished, I struggle to find a decent base product that isn't too full coverage or too dewy. I first bought this tinted moisturiser over a year ago and have just got my second tube. It's really quick and easy to apply and not overly shiny (although I do powder because I prefer a natural-matte finish), just subtle coverage. Think slightly heavier than your average tinted moisturiser but not yet in the realms of a light-medium coverage foundation. The shade selection is also pretty good and I wear "Bisque" (good for darker Caucasian skintones but I can get away with it since I'm about a MAC NC30). Only downside is the steep price!