November 21, 2014 | 1962 users online

Tinted Moisturizer - Laura Mercier - Tinted Moisturizer SPF 20 - Oil Free

rated 2 of 5 on 4/12/2013 4:30:00 PM More reviews by AMSClassic

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Green

Okay, so I have been toying around with purchasing this tinted moisturizer for some time now. They discontinued my Clinique Moisture Sheer Tint that I had used for years, and I absolutely hate the replacement. Well, I finally decided to order (I live in a rural area) it online and was so excited for it to arrive. What a disappointment! The color matched but it felt so gross on my face and made my pores look enormous! My face was so slick and it oxidized and made me appear very Oompa Loompa. I couldn't wait to get home and wash my face, which I did first thing. I am just glad I bought it from Sephora.com so I can get my $43 back without a hassle!

rated 2 of 5 on 4/11/2013 11:04:00 AM More reviews by hollyhodgson

Oh my! What a waste. My dad bought this for me and I really wanted to love it. I suffer with a very small amount of dry skin at the side of my mouth and this makes it look awful! It doesn't spread out evenly and feels thick and doesn't moisturise at all. Colour was fab and the tube was nice enough. I bought it because I have normal combo skin with one dry patch thinking it would look better than a full on foundation. Coverage was what I expected but it just didnt adapt between the dry and normal skin very well. Using it up though because I feel bad for my dads wallet!

rated 3 of 5 on 3/31/2013 1:29:00 AM More reviews by RosesRoses

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I liked this product. It provides light coverage, perfect for a makeup-free look, it has a nice, sheer finish, it goes on without too much of a hassle, and it doesn't seem to break me out or make my skin dry up.

That said, it's expensive. And there are cheaper products on the market that do the job just as well. I bought my first tube of this when I was out of BB cream, and it basically did the same thing: evened out complexion, moisturized, and had provided sun protection. Of course, the BB cream costs about $15, which is a fraction of the price of this ($35-40 dollars if I remember correctly). It's arguable whether the finish of LM is prettier, or the staying power better, than that of the average Korean BB cream (I use Skin79).

In sum, this is a pretty good product. I really think that it should do more, given its price.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/30/2013 12:44:00 PM More reviews by debrsl

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I purchased blush, perfect for nw20, altho maybe light enough for nw15 as well? It covers nicely. There's a little shine, but not enough to bother me. It feels great on the skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/8/2013 3:53:00 AM More reviews by graceeunhyeso

I have used two tubes of this. This gets rid of my redness well. But it does not control oil at all. I have to retouch and blot sooo much. I like how hydrating it is and how I can just 'slap it on' with my hands in so little time. It gives a decent coverage. Personally, the main thing I dont like about this is that it makes my face look dull. I mean, it gives a dewy finish, but the color is so dull. I wouldve loved it if it brightened up my face instead of looking it so dead lookin. I used the shade in Porcelain which is the lightest shade. So I having no hope in getting a brighter look with this, I stopped using it.
Since the problem with me was the shade, I think others who are satisfied with the colors would love this.
I would still use this on my lazy/busy days.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/6/2013 11:33:00 PM More reviews by obartel

The tinted moisturizer is great if you don't like anything heavy on your face, but if you have blemishes, redness, any problems you want to conceal, this isn't what this is made for.

The coverage is buildable, but you have to use more of the product and it makes my chin look oily. Also, because it is essentially a moisturizer, it doesn't have the staying power of a regular foundation.

I do like the packaging. Compared to other brands, you get more of the product for less money and you can squeeze absolutely every last drop out of the tube. One tube last me about four months.

If I could afford to have a foundation that I wore only on the weekends or casual days, I would, but I can't so I likely won't be buying again.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/5/2013 8:24:00 PM More reviews by msh9899

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I got a sample of this at Sephora in the color Nude. It just didn't look good on me at all. I expected light coverage & I actually don't think I have much to cover but this just made my face look uneven. I think I look better bare-faced than I do w/ LM oil-free TM on. It could be the SPF that alters it, because I like LM TM (regular version w/ oil in it).

rated 3 of 5 on 3/5/2013 3:12:00 PM More reviews by Fcmalik

I purchased this product after reading some rave reviews but i did not find it to be worth the price. I think it's something equivalent to a drugstore brand tinted moisturizer. I felt like it left my skin looking shiny and it did not moisturize as much as I would like.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/26/2013 6:31:00 PM More reviews by Cassidylea18

While this product is more expensive than I'd like it to be, it does the job. To avoid fitting the stereo-typical college girl who wears too much makeup mould, I switched to this. My skin can be prone to acne, and it can be sensitive, but primarily it is quite clear for young skin. I say this because not sure if be comfortable with this little coverage if I didn't have clear skin. Anyway, the strange thing is- I'm not very light skinned, fair but certainly not "porcelain," as the color was labeled. It looks very light coming out of the tube but any of the darker shades looked too dark on me. Deceiving, but just be sure to try the hue before buying. Also, I recommend picking up a light loose powder to dust overtop, otherwise you'll look shiny right off the bat. I have a four hour school day and my skin still looks fine when I return home. The product doesn't run or melt off, even in the Arizona sun. If you're looking to still wear makeup that has a nice finish and light coverage, and seeking to avoid the pasty look of thicker formulas, this is for you.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/26/2013 7:45:00 AM More reviews by EternalRose

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I really like this TM. I originally tried a sample of the regular, non oil-free one, but it tended to fade a lot throughout the day and get really shiny, so I decided to give this a try. I work in a hospital, and sometimes under the nasty fluorescent lights, a heavier foundation looks terrible! So I figured I'd try this for maybe a more natural look while still looking polished. It does the job! I love the way it covers/evens out skin tone and is undetectable on the skin-it looks like I have nothing on. I'm not a fan of dewy finishes (which is hard to avoid with a tinted moisturizer) so I use a Clarins loose powder over it to mattify it a bit. A little bit of concealer under my eyes and mascara and I'm set!

The main concerns I have with this product are lasting power and the fact that it doesn't really help to keep the oilies away. I do need to blot several times a day. But, I think that will always be an issue with me. I've gotten used to it by now! It also fades by the end of the work day, not as much as the LM original TM, but I was hoping it would last longer. I have used it both with the oil-free primer and without, and I'm not sure yet whether that makes a difference.

The tube is pretty big for the amount you need to use, and I'm sure it will last me a long time, so it's not really as expensive as it seems. I think now they have smaller sizes for $19.50 if you don't want to splurge on the full size...they also have a gigantic size for people who are obsessed and wanted the biggest tube possible.

I don't understand when people say it's for those with "good skin"....if you had bad skin or acne, I think a heavy foundation would look even worse over that???

I'm looking forward to using this during the warmer months too, as it is lightweight and feels really nice. Happy with this product :)))