December 20, 2014 | 1592 users online

Eyeliner - GOSH - Velvet Touch Eyeliner

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/4/2010 12:51:00 PM More reviews by Juliasyji

I'm actually REALLY surprised and impressed with this liner.
I bought this in shimmery purple which is really pretty.
Also I only bought this so that I can have a fun color eyeliner and didnt expect much at all in its quality.
for everyday undereye lining i rely on mac or dior smudgeproof pencil liners. Well i tried wearing GOSH eyeliner yesterday. and I don't know,,, maybe it's the shape of my eyes or whatever. for some reason my bottom liners NEVER EVER stay. no matter what. whether it's high end like christian dior or low end like rimmel. but GOSH stayed on! I had the prettiest shimmery purple accent eyes all day long. I've never been impressed with pencil type liner before but I'm REALLY happy with this.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/31/2010 6:53:00 PM More reviews by BextheHat

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I had persevered with a Rimmel Kohl eyeliner out of habit, despite the fact that by the end of the school day [at the time...] it was gone, completely and utterly smudged away.

So one day while browsing the make-up stands in my local Superdrug, I came across the Gosh stand. I didn't think much at first, it was a brand I was unfamiliar with, so I gave it a general glance but for some reason the Velvet Touch Eyeliner caught my interest. So acting out on a whim I purchased it in Black at the 5 price.

I have never regretted that purchase and still use said eyeliner to this day.

It's soft to the touch, feels very nice on the skin. I find it especially good for applying thickly around the eyes for going out with friends - very dramatic and high pigmented.

Best of all - upon returning home from several hours of may it be work, a day out, or even a night out; have a glance in the mirror, it's still there. Just the way you put it on. You couldn't really ask for anything else.
I feel bad for having to remove it before going to bed.

Advantages: Staying power is excellent, lovely effect when applied sparingly or thickly for a dramatic flair.

Disadvantages: With sharpening as the pencil does blunt rather quickly,it may not last that long if used daily [perhaps it's just me...], may be a bit too dark and noticeable for those who prefer subtle make-up.

Would I buy this product again?: I have on several occasions and will continue to do so.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/30/2010 4:53:00 PM More reviews by princess101

UPDATE: Took this on a recent trip to a hot destination, and somewhere along the way the formula did not react well to the change in temperature. It became too soft to apply, and even after throwing in the freezer for half an hour, in hopes of hardening the liner again, it didn't work. I had to toss it....so sad!

I'm not gonna say anything that hasn't already been said----it's great, period. HOWEVER, it is NOT WATERLINE SAFE, as stated on their website. I'm not sure why, but as a precautionary measure I haven't done it, and others have without any harm, but for those thinking that it is, the site clearly states that it is not.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/21/2010 12:53:00 AM More reviews by songtothesiren

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is a perfect eyeliner. It glides on so smoothly, has high pigment, and stays on all day. I'm not sure I would buy it again because they are around $20 CDN. However, one pencil is quite long, and will probably last you a long time.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/15/2010 5:25:00 PM More reviews by luckiiestar

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I adore those pencils. I have almost every color haha!
First of all,the texture is smooth and it glides really well.
And the colors are wonderful,you have so much choice!
The colors show up easily and it's doesn't smudge,it's highly waterproof.

Sometimes,when I want a dramatic effect for a makeup,I use them as a base. (Exemple : The Purple Rain Velvet Touch Liner underneath a purple powder or shadow,the result is mad! And it doesn't crease. It's my little trick,and I love it.)

You can use different colors like a Goldigger Velvet Touch as a base and a Blue-Gold eye shadow on it..it gives a nice effect also,and a new color! Just be sure to pat the color on to give more intensity.

And they are a dupe from the Lise Watier.. (17$) There's a lot of colors that looks like the Gosh's one: same texture,same color and the pencils from Gosh are even more waterproof.

I recommend an oily based eye make-up remover because (like the Marcelle one) they are a little bit hard to remove.

They cost 13$ but sometimes they go on sale for 11$ so it's not that expensive. Again,it's exclusive to Pharmaprix/Shoppers Drug Mart.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/15/2010 3:15:00 PM More reviews by karolussen

Nice smooth formular and waterproof to a point (not in danish ice cold rain on a bicycle).

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/11/2010 10:06:00 PM More reviews by xBl0cPartyx

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love these eyeliners, they have a great range of shades. The eyeliner does stay for a long time and it is waterproof! Finally, something that actually delivers waterproof-ness. It's really easy to draw lines with these, they are creamy and don't tug, the formula is nice and smooth.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/2/2010 7:55:00 PM More reviews by lmcn88

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

The quest to find a decent eyeliner is a difficult one. I have tried so many I've lost count! Usually I move onto another eyeliner fairly quickly because the one I currently use ends up smudging all down my face, thus furthering my quest to find one which doesn't.

I rediscovered GOSH's eyeliner last week, having tried it over 3 years ago in the grey shade. I needed a new eyeliner and settled upon the black shade, and parted with my fiver. I'm a bit of a misery guts when it comes to spending loads on makeup, but 5 is fine. I've tried Virgin Vie and No 7 and wouldn't spend that much on an eye pencil again.

I have very sensitive eyes, and this eyeliner glides on so smoothly that it doesn't bother me at all. It lasts and doesn't smudge, unless you want it to. There's a huge array of colours to suit everyone's taste too. In comparison to other pencils, I am very pleased with GOSH's version and will definitely be buying it again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/20/2010 12:02:00 PM More reviews by zhoo

I own these in a few colors. My favorite eyeliners so far. They are creamy soft, apply effortlessly to either lids or the waterline, come in a wide range of colors - I only wish they had a dark eggplant shimmery purple. They are waterproof too. Can smudge if applied with a heavy hand. Remind me of Rimmel's waterproof exaggerate liners, only better.
A bit on a pricier side but worth it.
Recommended.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/13/2010 6:38:00 PM More reviews by HappyPretty

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

Will I buy it again? YES YES YES, AND YES! Now you know how much i love this product. Ever since I have tried Gosh, I have given away all my MAC and other brand eye liners. I am slowly collecting all Gosh colors. It goes on like water smooth on either my waterlines or lashlines, and it NEVER NEVER EVER smudges. (i have slightly oily lids) I have worn it swimming, working out, in summer days with 40 degress tempure in south China, where it is extremely humid, nothing happens to the makeup. It absolutely stays on ALL DAY! i will die if Gosh eyeliner goes away.