November 26, 2014 | 1635 users online

Concealers - Revlon - ColorStay Blemish Concealer with Soft Flex

rated 2 of 5 on 1/13/2011 8:41:00 PM More reviews by starrynight8

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this a long time ago, and it was probably my 3rd or 4th concealer. This did nothing for me. I did go on nicely, with SOME coverage, but it wore off in a couple of hours, which isn't something very helpful. I will not be repurchasing. The only good thing is that it didn't break me out.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/10/2011 6:54:00 PM More reviews by DBusta

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I bought this because it was part of the ColorStay line, only to be disappointed. This did not cover..at all. If anything, it only broke me out.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/10/2011 12:27:00 PM More reviews by vanbergc

Got this for concealing any active spots on my face. Didn't cover at all. Didn't help with clearing up spots. Threw this away after great frustration.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/9/2011 10:23:00 PM More reviews by whoopiepie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This concealer has lasting power just like the colorstay foundation but the formula seems like it's actually thinner than the foundation so it made me wonder why you would want to pay almost the same price for a tiny tube when you could just buy a whole bottle of foundation and use it as concealer. In any case it isn't dense enough to cover the dark red marks I was trying to conceal unless you build layers and then it just really makes the area you are trying to conceal stand out.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/16/2010 12:13:00 PM More reviews by Boa_Elva

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this concealer. I purchase it because there is 0.5% BHA in it as it will heals blemish. The cpverage was good! It can cover totally 99%. I use it with a concealer brush. The packaging wise is bad! i wont use the applicator directly on my face! i dab it on my clean finger, then use the concealer brush to apply on my blemish! Try this concealer it good!!!!!!!!! ordering 2 more from drugstore again :D

rated 5 of 5 on 12/4/2010 12:34:00 AM More reviews by voicelessadrasteia

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is my all time favorite concealer. I'm one of those people that really like to have products that have ingredients that could even possibly help with my skin, even if they most likely won't, and this is one of those. The Salicylic Acid in it is the reason I purchased it, and aside from that it's actually a really great concealer. If they made a foundation of this exact formula, I would wear it. It blends in really well, even though you have to kind of build up a few layers of it - two works good for me. I think the price is worth it. Some Drug Store brands can be super expensive for a crappy product, but I do not think this is. It's worth like 13$ Canadian here, and it's actually not that small of a tube. It might look a little small, but it actually holds quite a lot of product. I will continue to buy this for as long as they make it, and it's just reassuring to know there's the possibility that it could be helping with my skin. I would highly recommend this to anyone I know.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/26/2010 1:22:00 AM More reviews by Lizziex3

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I like this concealer. I've not really ever tried concealer or foundations..but I decided to pick this up at Walmart and give it a try since I've heard good things about the Colorstay foundation. I got it in light and it is a bit too light for my skin but it blends out. It is great at covering redness but I would say coverage is only light-medium. It does not cover the really bad darkness under my eyes. At all. But to be fair nothing I've ever tried has.
It has a nice texture that dries and stays matte for at least the 4 or 5 hours I wear it while i'm in class...Even through my three hour drawing class where i'm frequently getting dirty and sweaty and covered in charcoal...So yeah, it's pleasant enough for me.
It has a really weird and kind of gross smell though, and I find that the packaging is a little inapropriate for what it's supposed to be (a blemish concealer) since you're going to contaminate the wand and subsequently the product if you put it all over your pimples and stick the wand back in the thinger...so maybe putting some on the back of your hand and putting it on with your finger might be cleaner.
I don't think it heals pimples, but I didn't even know it had salicylic acid in it when i purchased it so I don't really mind.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/15/2010 4:01:00 PM More reviews by mekamakeupgrl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This concealer works really nice for me. It doesn't really clear my acne but it does cover it well. I like to not only use it on my acne but also under my eyes because I like the coverage it gives me. It does wonders for my skin when I put it over a green concealer and bravo! acne coverage. I would recommend trying it out.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/14/2010 12:26:00 AM More reviews by smartmakeupshopper

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This concealer works quite well, especially on acne scars. Although it is a liquid concealer, the consistency is rather creamy which worked well for me, despite my oily skin. The only problem I have with this product is that it falsely claims to 'clear and prevent acne blemishes'. Although I didn't put this on any fresh acne (but tried it on 2 or 3-day old acne), it seems to me that the 0.5% salicylic acid is not potent enough to clear up anything however frequently it was applied.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/6/2010 10:39:00 AM More reviews by Kabuk1

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

EDIT: I've upped my rating on this from a 4 to a 5. I've noticed that this really DOES make zits go away much faster. Can't ask for much more from a concealer. I will use this till they discontinue it! (knock on wood)

(Original review)This is a really good concealer. I bought it cause it was on sale for half price at the grocery store, but I think I may have found my HG concealer. The color(light) matches my skin just about perfectly, and the staying power is really good. Plus, it actually COVERS zits & doesn't turn orange, dark, or ashy either! That's a big problem I have with a lot of concealers, they make a blemish look like a bruise or a brown dot. I didn't really pay attention to the 'acne fighting' claims when I bought it, but it actually does seem to help. I have a huge zit on my cheek ATM & I used this on it yesterday, and noticed that it had gone down a LOT by the end of the day! I'm impressed, so much that I would actually pay full price for this once I use up my existing tube.

This is definitely one of those "less is more" type products though, if you use a lot it can look cakey. You don't need much though because the coverage is really good. FYI, the best way to blend this is to kind of dot it on with the wand & then dab at it with your finger till it's imperceptible from the rest of your skin. I repeat- you only need the *tiniest* bit to cover imperfections, so use a light hand.

The only gripe I have is the tube.Too much product comes out and it gets all over the threads. Bad design, and why this gets a 4 instead of a 5.