Clinique Super City Block SPF 40

3.5

PPD = 8. zinc oxide 8.8%, octinoxate 7.5%, titanium dioxide 6.6%, octisalate 2% Other ingredients: water (aqua purificata) purified, trioctyldodecyl citrate, butylene glycol, dimethicone, octyldodecyl neopentanoate, steareth-2, silica, aluminum stearate, angelica acutiloba (japanese angelica) root extract, zizyphus jujuba fruit extract, rosa roxburghii fruit extract, citrus unshiu peel extract, porphyra yezoensis (algae) extract, paeonia suffruticosa (peony) root extract, gardenia florida extract, carthamus tinctorius (safflower) flower extract, glycyrrhiza glabra (licorice) root extract, paeonia albiflora (peony) root extract, poria cocos sclerotium extract, saccharomyces lysate extract, cucumis sativus (cucumber) fruit extract, betula alba (birch) bark extract, hordeum vulgare (barley) extract, rosmarinus officinalis (rosemary) leaf extract, helianthus annuus (sunflower) seedcake, gentiana lutea (gentian) root extract, yeast extract (faex), sodium rna, magnesium ascorbyl phosphate, dipotassium glycyrrhizate, tocopheryl acetate, pantethine, glycerin, glucose, squalane, polyglyceryl-6 polyricinoleate, tricaprylin, propylene glycol dicaprate, chamomilla recutita (matricaria), hexylene glycol, peg/ppg-18/18 dimethicone, caprylyl glycol, barium sulfate, polyethylene, xanthan gum, magnesium aluminum silicate, lecithin, ceteth-2, peg-40 stearate, sodium stearate, steareth-20, sorbitan tristearate, isopropyl titanium triisostearate, citric acid, disodium edta, bht, phenoxyethanol, mica, iron oxides (ci 77491, ci 77492, ci 77499), titanium dioxide (ci77891)

on 8/21/2011 4:01:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

Impulse purchase on this product was a mistake. It makes my face look shiny and leaves a tacky feel. Grabs anything you put on top of it so you have a layered feeling. I use it around my eyes with a concealer brush and then blend concealer over, since I am unable to use it any other way. I should have just purchased a concealer that contained SPF. Maybe if you have dry skin you'll like this.

Update
Decided to try this again, only this time I apply it before anything else on a clean face. It seems to work better than the other times.Still find it tacky but at least I am using it up. Don't plan on repurchasing however.

on 8/14/2011 2:39:00 PM

this product (along with a lot of clinique products, broke me out badly. I used it for a week and broke out all over my forehead and cheeks. It's a shame because I liked the tint that the product had. There is clearly something in clinique's skincare that I am allergic too.

on 8/8/2011 3:49:00 PM

I wanted Clinique city block sheer SPF 25, which I have used before, but it was out of stock. The SA said that the Super City Block SPF 40 was the same, just with more SPF. It is not the same at all! The SPF 40 version is terrible and I wish I could return it. Half the time when I apply it, it rolls off my face.

I've tried it on bare skin, over moisturizer, over serums, over primers, used my fingers, a sponge, a brush, tried using it very sparingly and tried slathering it on. It doesn't sink in, but just sits on the surface like a pudding skin and if I try to pat it in or rub it in or whatever, it balls up and rolls off in flakes. What doesn't roll off falls into my pores making them look like white dots. I give up.

It's too bad because I love the tube packaging and like that it has a bit of tint and the high SPF. It could be a great all-in-one product, but I suspect there's something about the SPF 40 formulation that causes the balling/flaking. I do not have that problem with the city sheer SPF 25. Fortunately my SIL is taking this off my hands. Since it does work for some people I gave it a 2 rather than 1 lippie rating.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I really liked this product. I use it as foundation, sorta. It provides great coverage, concealing most minor imperfections. I'd suggest you set it down horizontally after using it though. A lot comes out just by giving it a light squeeze. Overall I thought it was a great product, it was a bit oily for me though.

on 8/1/2011 8:19:00 PM

I bought it from sasa for around USD 20-25 when it was on sale. So price is okay.
I have combination skin and my T-zone tends to get really oily after a long day sitting in the office (sometimes they turn the heater on during winter which makes it even worse).
So I use a less oily sunscreen on my T-zone and clinique super city block on other areas.
It is quite oily and greasy when I first applied it. However, my makeup was easier to put on and stays longer too. After a few hours it sort of "melts" into my skin and gives my face a really nice radiance.
That said... it breaks me out!! :(( And I get more whiteheads when using this.
Unfortunately, I will not repurchase.

on 7/28/2011 10:18:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

I've been using this product daily since March 2011. I loved the product when I first purchased it and wanted to wait several months before commenting. Can't stand glowing reviews of a product that have only been used for 2 days! Still love it! My skin is fair and oily, and I live in the hot and humid deep South. I use it daily under my Clinique Superbalanced foundation. The product comes out with a light color, but it blends seamlessly into the skin. My foundation goes right on top with no balling issues or streaking. My skin stays matte for at least 6 hours. I'm finally half-way through the tube after 4 months. I will be repurchasing.

on 7/25/2011 11:18:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

this is absolutely my HG sunscreen. I got a very dull looking skin a year ago, then I went to a dermatologist that said it's because I use a moisturizer that contains SPF. So, to my skin I should wear moisturizer and SPF separately.
After doing treatment in the dermatologist, I was not allowed to use a powder for 2 days. I only allowed to wear sunscreen. I felt my face so oily that time, then I bought this clinique super city block (I chose SPF 40, because the sales assistant said it's more long lasting and suit to my pale skin). And voila! I felt my skin was much more less oily and it also brighten my face. So, it doesn't matter if I can't use powder for 2 days!
I'm on my second tube right now, it last for long time and I absolutely will continue to buy it :)

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Grey, Straight, Medium

I am beyond disappointed in this product. I always wear sunscreen and liked the fact that this was tinted. I thought I could wear it in lieu of foundation. It looks too greasy on the face to wear with makeup.
The sunscreen also pills on your face and looks very unattractive. Worst of all, my face is tan! This product did not block the sun as I expected and I have used Retin-A for years and years to get rid of all of the sun spots on my skin. It is imperitive that I shield my face from the sun. Now, my sun spots are back!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This sunscreen just didn't work for me. It balls up and flakes easily, does not seem to absorb or set and feels heavy and oily (even though it is oil-free). Packaging sucks too, I find that the product keeps oozing out of the tube whenever I place it right side up. And somehow my fingers hate the packaging too - I never fail to drop the cap whenever I pick up the sunblock to use. Major fail. Will not recommend.

on 7/11/2011 5:32:00 AM

Ok,so i have been using this product for 2 years now every single day.As a wrinkle preventative measure.And let me tell you ,i am turing 25 this year ,and no one ever guesses my age right!!!People tell me i dont look a day over nineteen!And i am quite tall so it has to be my face!!I dont have a single line around my eyes!!Nor sign of a future one.I ally around my eyes aswellAnd i dont find it greasy or irritating at all.Yesterday i had to sit in the sun for three hours ,and no sign of even the slightest sunburn!!!Will use this forever!!!