December 18, 2014 | 1610 users online

Sunscreen - Clinique - Super City Block SPF 40

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/12/2011 12:12:00 PM More reviews by prettyseaeagle

This sunscreen just didn't work for me. It balls up and flakes easily, does not seem to absorb or set and feels heavy and oily (even though it is oil-free). Packaging sucks too, I find that the product keeps oozing out of the tube whenever I place it right side up. And somehow my fingers hate the packaging too - I never fail to drop the cap whenever I pick up the sunblock to use. Major fail. Will not recommend.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/11/2011 5:32:00 AM More reviews by MEISIEKIND

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Ok,so i have been using this product for 2 years now every single day.As a wrinkle preventative measure.And let me tell you ,i am turing 25 this year ,and no one ever guesses my age right!!!People tell me i dont look a day over nineteen!And i am quite tall so it has to be my face!!I dont have a single line around my eyes!!Nor sign of a future one.I ally around my eyes aswellAnd i dont find it greasy or irritating at all.Yesterday i had to sit in the sun for three hours ,and no sign of even the slightest sunburn!!!Will use this forever!!!

rated 3 of 5 on 7/9/2011 7:20:00 PM More reviews by yuigi

This is probably the worst sunblock I've ever used. There is a color tint to it that is hard to match skin tones too. It goes on and it looks like a chalky white mask. Feels oily and heavy. Will be pawning this off to somebody else and will not buy again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/9/2011 7:09:00 PM More reviews by charlies04

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

There are lots of sunscreens on the mark to choose from but I decided to buy this sunscreen because I know its a favourite of one of the make-up artists and beauty gurus on youtube. The first day I started wearing this my skin looked more clean and polished than ever. I love wearing foundation and this sunscreen really does double-up as a good primer for underneath my make-up. I'm impressed that this doesn't look greasy or white cast in any way-so you can't even tell you have anything on your face. It comes out the tube looking tinted but seems to blend in with my fair NC 15 skin tone with no problems. Sunscreens are generally quite expensive, in my opinion, so this one isn't any more pricey than the average.
My skin can be quite sensitive to heat bumps and sometimes I feel this product makes my reaction towards them worse, this is only a very ocassional problem for me but I would advise very sensitive skin types to test this product before buying just to make sure it doesn't irritate your skin.
Overall, a really nice product that I would be happy to repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/27/2011 10:05:00 PM More reviews by MadamButterfly75

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have a very oily t-zone and i love this product. I use it everyday under my MAC pro longwear foundation. I put it on at 6am and I blot at 12pm. So i wont be using another sunblock on my face.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/15/2011 1:33:00 PM More reviews by xcakexfacex

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This stuff is terrible. Very slimy application, greasy and slimy after it's on your skin. I waited 20 minutes for this to soak in. It barely absorbed. I ran my finger across my skin and it came back shiny and greasy feeling. It just would not sink in!!

I applied my powder makeup after the 20 mins, and my brush dragged across my face. After I was done, my makeup brush felt greasy and gross.

This is just absolutely DISGUSTING. I am returning it asap.

STAY AWAY!!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/1/2011 8:42:00 AM More reviews by Martina125

Fantastic.
Gives a radiant, non oily shimmer to my skin and an over all very groomed finish.
I even nearly stopped using foundation, which I love, because this is so good.
It even gives coverage but you would never guess there is a tinted product on your face. Goes on very easily. Neither dry, nor oily or sticky. Oil free and perfect for acne prone skin.

Only thing I cant figure out is- is it once a day?

rated 5 of 5 on 5/11/2011 12:14:00 PM More reviews by shealy655

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Great physical sunblock! I have sensitive, acne-prone skin and have been using this sunblock for years. Trying to avoid any oxybenzone sunscreen products so this one is great. It is tinted, which is not a problem for my fair skin. Comes in a tube. Highly recommend it!

rated 3 of 5 on 5/7/2011 10:54:00 PM More reviews by ShalimarMoon

I would love this if it applied more easily and stayed on better. City Block is non-greasy and non-sticky, only slightly shiny, and is completely non-irritating, although it's slightly drying on my cheeks. Since it doesn't go on well over a moisturizer (it streaks and pills up), I just use it on my T zone and use another sunscreen on my cheeks. City Block is pigmented to compensate for the white cast of the minerals, but goes on sheer.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/6/2011 3:54:00 AM More reviews by sthomas1

I bought this after seeing a positive review on a few blogs, and liked the high SPF. The packaging and price point were also pretty good (not too expensive in the UK apparently). However, this product has a couple of major downsides: it's tinted, which it doesn't state on the packaging, so it turns me yellow/orange (I'm too pale for MAC foundations, with pink undertones). It also balls/pills up to a ludicrous extent, making application really, really hard. And it gives a greasy sheen to the face which you have to cover with loose powder. After a painstaking process it does look ok (if yellow), but I then wonder if rubbing off all the balls of product has decreased its effectiveness. So overall, misleading packaging that doesn't state the product is coloured, and terrible application - definitely would not repurchase, which is a shame as I wanted to love this!