April 17, 2014 | 2002 users online

Sunscreen - Clinique - Super City Block SPF 40

rated 5 of 5 on 6/1/2011 8:42:00 AM More reviews by Martina125

Fantastic.
Gives a radiant, non oily shimmer to my skin and an over all very groomed finish.
I even nearly stopped using foundation, which I love, because this is so good.
It even gives coverage but you would never guess there is a tinted product on your face. Goes on very easily. Neither dry, nor oily or sticky. Oil free and perfect for acne prone skin.

Only thing I cant figure out is- is it once a day?

rated 5 of 5 on 5/11/2011 12:14:00 PM More reviews by shealy655

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Great physical sunblock! I have sensitive, acne-prone skin and have been using this sunblock for years. Trying to avoid any oxybenzone sunscreen products so this one is great. It is tinted, which is not a problem for my fair skin. Comes in a tube. Highly recommend it!

rated 3 of 5 on 5/7/2011 10:54:00 PM More reviews by ShalimarMoon

I would love this if it applied more easily and stayed on better. City Block is non-greasy and non-sticky, only slightly shiny, and is completely non-irritating, although it's slightly drying on my cheeks. Since it doesn't go on well over a moisturizer (it streaks and pills up), I just use it on my T zone and use another sunscreen on my cheeks. City Block is pigmented to compensate for the white cast of the minerals, but goes on sheer.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/6/2011 3:54:00 AM More reviews by sthomas1

I bought this after seeing a positive review on a few blogs, and liked the high SPF. The packaging and price point were also pretty good (not too expensive in the UK apparently). However, this product has a couple of major downsides: it's tinted, which it doesn't state on the packaging, so it turns me yellow/orange (I'm too pale for MAC foundations, with pink undertones). It also balls/pills up to a ludicrous extent, making application really, really hard. And it gives a greasy sheen to the face which you have to cover with loose powder. After a painstaking process it does look ok (if yellow), but I then wonder if rubbing off all the balls of product has decreased its effectiveness. So overall, misleading packaging that doesn't state the product is coloured, and terrible application - definitely would not repurchase, which is a shame as I wanted to love this!

rated 1 of 5 on 4/30/2011 3:29:00 PM More reviews by paradoxia1234

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Black

Just as I was about to take the plunge and buy this, I swallowed my pride and asked to try it on first, so glad I did because It was horrible. Im NC43 and it left an obvious lavender tint on my face that looked horrible (literally looked like a light dusting of lavender eyeshadow all over my face), it creased on my eyelid, plus it balled up under my eye and looked like eye crust ( ew). Try before you buy !!

rated 3 of 5 on 4/22/2011 1:57:00 PM More reviews by thecaitlinification

i don't love this product or hate it. but for the price i would recommend the shiseido sunscreen. i also found that the product balls up while applying which is really annoying. but i kept experimenting and i found that this is because it dries really fast. i have found the best way to apply it is to apply half a pea sized amount onto each section of my face (i have to use my hands to apply it though) one at a time. that solved the problem

rated 5 of 5 on 4/16/2011 10:36:00 PM More reviews by LaRouge

So, the packaging for the Super City Sunblock is in a tube, an you squeeze it out onto your hands. it is 40 mL and small enough to carry around i your purse, which I love. I bought this today and tried it, and I have to say, I absolutely love this! The sunblock was not at all oily, which was great, and it went on nice and smooth. Now, at first I was a little bit put off because it came out tinted, but, once I put it on, it was fantastic. It doesn't matter your skin tone, because it blends right in, and this evened out my skin tone. I have very dry, sensitive skin, and this was great for my sensitive skin and it moisturized my dry skin as well. At The Bay, I bought this for about $20-$25 dollars, which is a little bit much for 40 mL, but you don't need very much. When I applied this to my face, I realized I needed a very minimal amount, and this will last a long time. While it is pricey for me, I definitely love it and I will definitely be repurchasing!

rated 1 of 5 on 3/26/2011 9:19:00 PM More reviews by didi123

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Bad. I have sensitive skin and this sent me scratching. My face was itching so bad I had to go wash the whole stuff off, and felt enormous relief when it was all cleaned. Good job it was only a sample.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/7/2011 12:45:00 AM More reviews by mariarre

I used the spf 15 and it was OK because I thought that it would be better to use a bigger spf for more protection. But the texture of it is sooo oily!!!! I don't really know if it a damaged or if it is supposed to be like that. But it is sooo awful! The first time i used it, when i squeeze it I only got oil (or something like that). Did someone have had any problem like mine?!

rated 3 of 5 on 3/5/2011 2:07:00 PM More reviews by cholielynn

wanted SO badly for this to be hg status. it seems like everyone is on a constant search for a product just like this. high spf, oil free... must be the perfect product right? the spf 40 is what really sold me... you just dont see that very often. i bought this about 6 months ago and have tried so desperatly to get it to work for me. i have total combination/acne prone skin. this product is greasy going on yet at the same time accentuated EVERY flake of dry skin on my face. no matter how well exfoliated or seemingly smooth my skin seemed, as soon as i put this on, i ended up spending an extra 5 minutes picking skin flakes off my face with a pair of tweezers. grossssss. no matter what foundation i put over this (trusted ones that i use all the time like revlon colorstay and almay tlc)... they would just kinda slide around over and would tend to oxidize after a little while. those problems never happen to me with those foundations by themselves. i always seem way more greasy and pores are much more accentuated when using this. by the end of the day, i always have a plethra of small bumps on my chin and forehead after removing this. i keep going back to it every few weeks cause i try to convince myslef that i CAN make it work, but sadly, it just does not.

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No