September 23, 2014 | 1804 users online

Stick - Bobbi Brown - Foundation Stick

rated 5 of 5 on 9/27/2012 5:42:00 PM More reviews by JaanBlack

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Moved to tears, ok not really but in love :)

I have dry skin (I always start with this LOL) and always had smile lines (hereditary?), even when I was young (example: Blake Lively who is "young" for those lines) - anywho, I refuse to have some poison injected into my face b/c I'm 32 and want to look 23 again so I go through great lengths and try new products all the time to reduce their appearance. It's difficult b/c as you know, they are crease-like lines and product loves to build up in our lovely facial lines. THIS is amazing - it moisturized and didn't sink into the lines (no primer involved). I love the stick b/c I can dot it on (quite buildable), blend AND it comes in so many shades, you can totally find yours. It's certainly worth a sample at Sephora, you may be thrilled with the results. I'm obsessed with it :)

rated 3 of 5 on 8/31/2012 12:38:00 PM More reviews by missirresponsible

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Green

I love this product but not as a foundation for the entire face. It's perfect as a concealer to cover up any particular imperfections that require a thicker coverage. It's also perfect as a handbag foundation, for any touch-ups during the day or night where your normal foundation may have worn off. I would never use it over my entire face because it has quite a greasy feel to it, so with my oily skin it would just make my face look really shiny!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/30/2012 8:36:00 PM More reviews by Hawko

I still remember some 20 years ago when BB started to sell her wares in the dept. store, I was so excited that she claimed her fdn shades are yellow based. So when I was in Florida for holiday I dropped by the dept. store to check things out. The SA recommended this stick ...... its like putting butter on, I was much younger then and my skin was oilier, yet there is no coverage. Imagine my disappointment.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/30/2012 6:17:00 PM More reviews by Grehjohrt

Even though this foundation is on the pricey side, I bought it because of the tidy packaging and color selection.
You'd think that this is a medium coverage foundation because of its creamy texture, but it goes on pretty light with a shiny finish (not in a good way in my opinion). I have a little bit of hyperpigmentation on my chin, and this does nothing to conceal it. Lasting power is bad -- max three hours on my skin.
I have since resorted to using this as an eyelid concealer, so it won't go to waste. Still, it creases even with an application of powder.
Very disappointing purchase...

rated 1 of 5 on 8/21/2012 9:50:00 PM More reviews by luvmypolish

Yuck, this stuff is greasy and heavy feeling. I don't know who would like the way this feels on the face. GROSS

rated 2 of 5 on 7/26/2012 4:58:00 PM More reviews by kimannpossible

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I really dislike the texture/consistency of this. Just for background I have combo, yellow toned skin and breakout quite easily.

It felt greasy on my face! Even after warming the product between my fingers it just felt very thick and heavy. Needless to say I looked shiny after hour or two of this on. I used this more like a concealer because I can't imagine using it all over my face! Also not positive that this caused it but I did notice I was breaking out more frequently while using this.

One pro was that the creamy consistency made it a good undereye concealer. Actually did a really good job at covering up undereye darkness w/o looking dry or cakey.

Would only recommend this as an undereye concealer. Other than that there are only cons and for the price I would be better off just buying an actual concealer for undereyes.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/25/2012 6:04:00 AM More reviews by haradar

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I didn't like this foundation as much as I expected to. It is very heavy and oily and can't be worn without a powder over it. However I liked it as a concealer

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/27/2012 12:46:00 AM More reviews by sharonshizzz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

First off, bravo to Bobbi for another HG product and I RARELY if ever call mu items hg.

I chose this product because I am always looking for multifunctional products as I travel very often and remember trying the bb stick concealer and liking it which is supposed to be the same formulation as the stick foundation. It is also hard to find American products that match my yellow toned, Asian skin as well as not breaking me out. I have the world's most sensitive skin and find that many companies that DO cater to Asian skin are comedogenic or contain fragrance for the most part that break me out or irritate me *sideyes MAC, Chanel, Dior*. It took me a while to find the best way for me to use the product but now I absolutely love!

I dab into it with a finger with a slightly lotioned finger and apply it to my cheeks, forehead, and chin. (I find that it spreads the best this way and thins out the formula which is something I want) I then spread it out on my face. Any areas that I want to conceal I simply pat on extra with my finger and it has covered undereyes, blemishes, and hyperpigmentation very very well. Great as foundation/concealer/tm (as it works very well with any lotion i've tried it with) The trick to this foundation is that you must blend as you must with all stick foundations.

The finish is absolutely natural looking and blends seamlessly into the skin without exacerbating any dry patches. I look like I don't have any makeup on after I use this. I would say that the finish is about medium but can easily be thinned out or built up and it is quite long wearing to me with just a bit of setting powder.

I would recommend this product for those with dry skin and would recommend to anybody who has clog prone/sensitive skin like me. The girls who are complaining about this sliding off their face should have tried it! I feel like because it is a stick formula people expect it to have a dry, thick finish which is why so many girls on here who are giving it a low rating having oily skin when this is a creamy, blendable formula meant for those of us with dryer/normal skin. I also feel that most girls are not blending enough! I love this and would repurchase again and agian.

10 out of 12 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/6/2012 1:26:00 PM More reviews by happynappy1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Cool Hair: Black, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Brown

Edit: Bumping up a lippie because this came in handy on a particularly bad skin day ... But only after several layers and lots of Mac Blot.

Dear Bobbi Brown: Really?

Bobbi's stick foundation is heralded by many in the dermatology community as non-comedogenic. That is where the good attributes end.

I am NW50 and was matched with Walnut (8). It is red. Like the red hills of Sedona red. Now that does tone down a bit once you blend this (if you can blend it. I find it difficult to spread properly) and add a powder but it's still just meh. I don't like the coverage here. Even after several layers in my most hyperpigmented areas, I still see spots. I'm at the office now and just looked in the mirror. It looks almost as if I have nothing on ... except maybe some grease because despite my skin being a bit dry from aging and desert living, this stuff still looks like tinted Crisco on me. For the price, which is dear for a stick foundation, I'm very disappointed and will not repurchase.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 6/4/2012 6:07:00 PM More reviews by Binky20

I use this foundation stick as a concealer rather than an all-over-the-face foundation and it does a good job of covering up acne scars. It's pricey but is better value for money than the tiny concealer stick (which I heard was exactly the same product). Bobbi Brown has a great colour selection, especially for Asian skin with its yellow undertones. It has quite a creamy texture and lasts all day.

Have used this once as a foundation and found it to be quite oily after application so had to put a bit of powder on top. It gives a lovely dewy finish and is very natural looking and moisturizing.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No