July 23, 2014 | 2021 users online

Stick - Bobbi Brown - Foundation Stick

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/27/2012 12:46:00 AM More reviews by sharonshizzz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

First off, bravo to Bobbi for another HG product and I RARELY if ever call mu items hg.

I chose this product because I am always looking for multifunctional products as I travel very often and remember trying the bb stick concealer and liking it which is supposed to be the same formulation as the stick foundation. It is also hard to find American products that match my yellow toned, Asian skin as well as not breaking me out. I have the world's most sensitive skin and find that many companies that DO cater to Asian skin are comedogenic or contain fragrance for the most part that break me out or irritate me *sideyes MAC, Chanel, Dior*. It took me a while to find the best way for me to use the product but now I absolutely love!

I dab into it with a finger with a slightly lotioned finger and apply it to my cheeks, forehead, and chin. (I find that it spreads the best this way and thins out the formula which is something I want) I then spread it out on my face. Any areas that I want to conceal I simply pat on extra with my finger and it has covered undereyes, blemishes, and hyperpigmentation very very well. Great as foundation/concealer/tm (as it works very well with any lotion i've tried it with) The trick to this foundation is that you must blend as you must with all stick foundations.

The finish is absolutely natural looking and blends seamlessly into the skin without exacerbating any dry patches. I look like I don't have any makeup on after I use this. I would say that the finish is about medium but can easily be thinned out or built up and it is quite long wearing to me with just a bit of setting powder.

I would recommend this product for those with dry skin and would recommend to anybody who has clog prone/sensitive skin like me. The girls who are complaining about this sliding off their face should have tried it! I feel like because it is a stick formula people expect it to have a dry, thick finish which is why so many girls on here who are giving it a low rating having oily skin when this is a creamy, blendable formula meant for those of us with dryer/normal skin. I also feel that most girls are not blending enough! I love this and would repurchase again and agian.

10 out of 12 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/6/2012 1:26:00 PM More reviews by happynappy1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Cool Hair: Black, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Brown

Edit: Bumping up a lippie because this came in handy on a particularly bad skin day ... But only after several layers and lots of Mac Blot.

Dear Bobbi Brown: Really?

Bobbi's stick foundation is heralded by many in the dermatology community as non-comedogenic. That is where the good attributes end.

I am NW50 and was matched with Walnut (8). It is red. Like the red hills of Sedona red. Now that does tone down a bit once you blend this (if you can blend it. I find it difficult to spread properly) and add a powder but it's still just meh. I don't like the coverage here. Even after several layers in my most hyperpigmented areas, I still see spots. I'm at the office now and just looked in the mirror. It looks almost as if I have nothing on ... except maybe some grease because despite my skin being a bit dry from aging and desert living, this stuff still looks like tinted Crisco on me. For the price, which is dear for a stick foundation, I'm very disappointed and will not repurchase.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 6/4/2012 6:07:00 PM More reviews by Binky20

I use this foundation stick as a concealer rather than an all-over-the-face foundation and it does a good job of covering up acne scars. It's pricey but is better value for money than the tiny concealer stick (which I heard was exactly the same product). Bobbi Brown has a great colour selection, especially for Asian skin with its yellow undertones. It has quite a creamy texture and lasts all day.

Have used this once as a foundation and found it to be quite oily after application so had to put a bit of powder on top. It gives a lovely dewy finish and is very natural looking and moisturizing.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/25/2012 10:12:00 PM More reviews by ChocolatCake

Just meh. Honestly, it is not worth its price. I gave it two lipsticks because it does look very natural and the formula is nice; however, after about an hour, it turns greasy. I thought this would be decent for oily/combo girls, but it just did not work out for me. Great color selection, though. If you are dry or normal, this may work for you.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/7/2012 10:23:00 AM More reviews by KillJoyMakeSomeNoise

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This product, imo, is identical to their concealer stick in consistency and color choices. For a very long time I had oily skin but BB was the only company that had a shade to completely match my skin tone and offer full coverage. This product is too heavy for oily skin tones. However, medication that I am currently on has changed my skin and it is now normal/dry. This makeup stick is perfect. It sets well, wears well, stays true to color on me (no oxidizing, at least IMO, but YMMV), and when applied with a fdn brush can really last quite a well.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/21/2012 12:54:00 PM More reviews by anniiebonanniie

This product is a perfect skin match for me. I don't use a lot, but it definitely covers up my red spots and blemishes. I do not feel it is cakey at all! It barely feels like in wearing makeup. It does look cakey when it's first on, but I use my Bobbi Brown bronzer afterwards and it helps to give it a finished look. Sometimes if it is super hot out it will become greasy, but you simply just blot it and you are all set! I really do like this product. It is really expensive though, so use it wisely.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/12/2012 4:18:00 PM More reviews by Redbone21

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

Not a horrible foundation but not the best either. I liked it in the winter but even then i had to use a good primer for my oily skin because if i didnt it looked horrible.
PROS
- Didnt break me out. maybe 1-3 pimples a month

-even though im oily this was good in the winter toward my redness and mild dryness

CONS
-Something weird with the color. Even though i wore warm natural in person it looked 1 shade too dark but in pictures looked 2 shades too light and this has no spf

- i paid $45 for this. *SIGH*

Hopefully my review and others will help someone save their $

rated 1 of 5 on 4/8/2012 9:29:00 PM More reviews by sabrinarose1990

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Yuck, I have dry skin and no matter how thoroughly I prime and powder my skin before and after using this, it slides off my face and looks horrible after an hour...honestly, this is the WORST foundation I have ever tried and I have used heaps

rated 1 of 5 on 3/27/2012 2:11:00 PM More reviews by NikNak7

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I was on the fence about this product for a while but having tried various different methods of application I found that this foundation is great for work as it only takes seconds to apply and it moisturises my skin through the day so that when I use my heavy duty foundation for nights out my skin is in perfect condition for it. The secret of applying this foundation is BLENDING!!. I don;t put the stick directly onto my face, i take a bit off & warm it up on my hand & apply a very small about to m cheeks & forehead, i then blend with a foundation brush, i blend, blend,blend & blend some more & when i think i've blended enough I blend again. I set with powder & then put on some blusher, perfect for work and good for your skin to wear everyday but definately not for a night out.
EDIT: after months and months of wearing this foundation I have realised that it is breaking me out so bad! Like every single time I put it near my skin I get another spot. It also dries out my skin so much more. I really wouldn't recommend this anymore.
EDIT: the longer I go without using this foundation the more I realise how much it destroyed my skin, my skin wouldn't be overly sensitive but this foundation gave me the worst cystic acne, I have actually had to have ipl to remove the acne scars. Sensitive skin girls please be careful, if it breaks you out when you first use it please don't continue with it.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/22/2012 4:41:00 PM More reviews by superflysquirrel

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I'm in love with this item. Because its a stick, its super convenient to take with me anywhere. And the color is a perfect match. I've always had a hard time matching foundations to my skin tone, since I'm on the cool side, but not pinky. I've found that yellow undertone foundations are too yellow for me too, but the one I found is a beige. Never thought that would be the color for me lol. The texture is super creamy and easy to create a look suitable for work usind a foundation brush (also saves money by making it last longer lol), or to add a little more for pictures or something. Even though this is creamy, my skin is extremely dry and it's vital to apply a heavy cream to my face before using anyway. I don't think I'll use a different foundation again, that's how much I love it. <3