Physicians Formula Eye Definer Felt-Tip Eye Marker

2.7

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I bought this because I was desperate for liquid eyeliner. All the nearby stores I went to were out of my HG Maybelline liquid eyeliner in black, I guess everyone's been hooked on it! Anyway I bought this as a substitute till the stores could restock. My experience with this liner was average. First try at applying was easy, nice smooth lines with no tugging or drying out but I did notice several things 1) I had a bit difficulty gliding this over eyeshadow. 2) It seemed to dry out after the first use (I kinda like my liners a little wet its easier for me to apply that way) and 3) Upon removal I realized this product had a hint of bluish green hue. Not true black. Overall its an ok product, I love the idea that its a felt tip pen which is easier than the screw off paint brush applicator with the Maybelline but id prefer the latter. Only time i'd repurchase is if they ran out of my HG. Another similar product that has equal performance is the Covergirl Line Exact.

on 5/24/2009 8:59:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

This is near HG for me. I rarely wear eyeliner and when I do its usually a tightline or a thinner line on the top lid only with a little wing. I like how this isn't too wet and its very easy to control where it goes and dries quickly. The black is a deep enough for deeper/darker skin. I've been having mine quite a while (probably longer than I should have) and it hasn't dried out. Once it does I will likely get it again. I can't see myself using eyeliner in any other form as a worry about smudging making my eye area look darker. The price is fair as compared with higher end products and I often see this on sale.
EDIT: The newer formula of this IS dryer. I got a new one on sale for under $2 and it was dried out and just not the same. Revlon colorstay has a pen-eyeliner and I like that better than this.

on 5/19/2009 4:09:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

This eyeliner is terrible. It looked like a marker that was almost out of ink th first time I used it. It pretty much wipes off as you apply it. It made a faded grey line.

on 5/17/2009 3:07:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

who ever said that this is bad is wrong !! it was reccomened by a makeup artist to me and it looked sooooo good and it shapes very well i never knew something like this exsisted the felt is good

on 5/4/2009 5:05:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

i use this as an upper eye liner. this product is amazing. staying power is great and i love how you can create a thin or thick line with this.

on 4/30/2009 11:33:00 PM

This was on sale, so I decided to give it a try. TERRIBLE! I agree with other people's comments about it being very sheer and having a slight greenish colour. At first I thought it wouldn't go on properly because I had eyeshadow on. But the next day, I tried it on a clean eyelid ... same result. I like the concept of a felt-tip eyeliner, and applying it like a pen because it's so easy. This one really let me down.

on 3/12/2009 5:18:00 PM

I love this eye liner, BUT, does not last for more than a couple weeks, use it on one eye, the darkness fades quickly , have to put top back on, and wait a few seconds. Does not last for more than a couple weeks. Love it, wish they would improve.......

on 2/24/2009 12:21:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

This review is for Physicians Formula Eye Definer Ultra Black felt-tip Eye Marker. I am a novice with liquid eye liner. I bought this because I thought the pen applicator would be a good way to learn. I was wrong. This product simply does not work. I have attempted to use it three times. The first time it worked poorly and after that not at all. I purchased it a few days ago. It came in new style packaging that claimed it was an improved formula. I would hate to see how bad the old formula must have been if this is new and improved. Even storing it tip down and shaking it between every stroke didnít help. This was a complete and total waste of money.

on 2/2/2009 4:58:00 PM

It's too bad, this stuff sounded awesome, but it actually is horrid in reality. It doesn't come out opaque black at all, it's like this nasty sheer black. You would have to redraw the line a few times to get it right, so it's not worth the time. And, I can see it drying out in about a week. I only used it a few times and I really had to push down to get anything out of it. Sad. But, the one good thing about this product is the staying power: it really doesn't budge once it's on. If you're interested in something similar but waaaaay better try revlon's color stay liquid eye pen. Love it.

on 1/21/2009 9:29:00 AM

i was looking forward for this. Since my previous liquid eyeliner gave me a hard time.
The result...was not what i expected. I bought the Black..and it came out...more of a tattoo-ish green colour and that is a HUGE deal. it looks terrible.
I really do love the pen shape. it was easier to control.
However, the liquid tends to dry up very quickly and takes a few application to darken up the colour. I'm usually a bargain shopper...and the price..was a bit too high for me for an eyeliner.