MAC Studio Fix Fluid SPF 15

3.5

on 2/13/2015 5:32:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I love this foundation as it was the only one able to flawlessly cover my acne scars. It feels quite heavy on the skin and is a bit pricey but it's worth every penny.

on 2/12/2015 2:40:00 PM

Very disappointed in this.

This dried my skin like no other foundation has. Like, immediately as soon as it was applied, my skin felt bone-dry. I have oily/combo skin. So imo, this should not have dried me out like that.

It also turned almost immediately yellow on me (the MAC sales associate matched me up with NC20). Of course, he only applied a little swipe to my jawline, so I did not get a chance to see how it really looked or performed. Lesson learned-ask for samples. If you get none, best to not buy the product!!! Or at the very least apply the product yourself in the store, as you would at home, and walk around the mall or wherever for an hour or so to get an idea how you might like the product.

And not to bash this completely, but it made me want to rub/itch my skin.

Thankfully it did not break me out, which was a big worry.
This just did not work for me.

I could not wait to get home and wash it off.
Coverage was decent, which is the only reason I gave this 2 stars/lippies as opposed to just one. But definitely would not re-purchase.

on 2/10/2015 4:55:00 PM

I was recommended at the MAC counter that I was shade NW20 but I do find the colour slightly too peachy for me. It smells like paint, but it doesn't bother me too much. I like the coverage this foundation gives, it conceals my uneven skin tone/redness very well although I still need to use a concealer as it doesn't completely cover my acne scars. A problem I have with this foundation is that it really doesn't leave my skin looking very 'smooth', it is a little bit cakey and very matte, but I will keep repurchasing this until I can find a high coverage foundation with a smooth finish.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

I am usually a fan of the dewy skin type foundations however i felt that they were not lasting around my t-zone (giorgio armani luminous silk im looking at you) and i work long shifts so need something to last the whole day without touch ups. In comes mac studio fix fluid, this lasts all day without having to touch up and looks almost as fresh as when i first put it on. I have NEVER has this with a foundation before usually when i get home it has completely dissapeared around my nose & mouth.

I do feel it to be quite drying as i have combination skin and feel it makes my face quite tight as the day goes on but i am going to try to moisturise more before applying the foundation.

Could possibly be my HG! :) x

on 2/9/2015 8:53:00 PM

After having a terrible time trying to match my skin to a suitable shade I finally found something that works. I have to mix 1 parts nc15 with 2 parts nc20 and it works like a dream. Particularly nice when applied with a beauty blender type sponge 😍

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I tried a sample of this foundation NW10 and I absolutely love it! Will definitely be buying a bottle if this! I have very oily skin and the only other foundation that lasts on me all day is ester lauder double wear and Revlon colour stay! However I find these both a little thick and heavy for everyday use and wanted something with more of a medium build able coverage, thanks to Mac studio fix.....I have now found that foundation! Just like ELDW and colour stay.....it lasted on me all day without a hint of shine or having to touch up! The only downside to this foundation is that it smells a bit like paint....minus the 1 lippy.....but I suppose you don't buy a foundation for what it smells like!

on 2/8/2015 9:10:00 PM

my absolute favourite foundation!! i am a teenager with acne prone, combination skin. and this foundation is the only one i have tried that has balanced it out AND hasn't caused more breakouts! I do wish it was cheaper, but I love it so much, it's worth every penny. the packaging is in a super nice and modern clear bottle, but i do wish that it had a pump!! it would make application easier, but i love it so much that it doesn't affect my thoughts about it. will most definitely be repurchasing!! recommending to all friends. also i love that it has SPF in it! also, it has amazing coverage and its perfectly matte that i don't even need to use concealer & powder with it! it also lasts a long time - a little goes a LONG way. it cakes easily so make sure you have good lighting!!

on 2/8/2015 10:43:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

The color was definitely perfect for my skin, but this is not the MAC product for me. It's too matte and looks too heavy. And for the price you pay, the least MAC could do was put a pump in it!

on 2/7/2015 11:51:00 PM

AMAZING coverage! With that said, it is HORRIBLE for your skin! I wouldn't concider myself to have "acne-prone" skin but this foundation gave me huge cysts! Not a million at a time but enough to make me not want to leave the house! Would NOT recommend!

Mac is SO OVERATED. When are people going to realise that... If there was an option to not give it any rating at all I would give it 0...

This comes in joint last place with the Rimmel Wake Me Up Foundation - absolute (both) worst foundations, or even make up products for that matter, that I have ever used in my LIFE. SO AWFUL.

This is just the worst thing, I honestly cannot explain. Please, understand that this is THE MOST UN NATURAL, CAKEY, ASHY COLOURED, SMELLIEST MOST AWFUL PRODUCT EVER.

DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY.

It's soooo heavy it gave me spots and made my pores huge and I have very clear normal to dry skin so that was weird as no product has ever given me spots...

It creases everywhere - especially around the mouth/nose area and forehead.

It ages you about 40 years... seriously... I would rather go out with green facepaint on and do my groceries than be seen in this. I wore this for a solid month when I was living in a dingy hotel room where my lighting was so bad that I would put this on in my mirror and it wouldn't look too bad, then I would go out to uni or with my friends or whatever and unknowingly flaunt my awful face. One day I whipped out my pocket mirror to retouch my lips and nearly screamed at the pure horror of what I had seen in the mirror.

Think of chalk... like white chalk... mixed with mud... and think about it all over your face... and then think about pressing your tangle teezer up to your face to create loads of dots all over your face... this is literally what I looked like. And it's DRY AS FK.

Also... the SMELL! save your nose and DO NOT BUY THIS EVER.

Also, doesn't come with a pump and the woman serving me in mac sneakily added one to the purchase and after I paid I realised when I walked out the shop I had paid 4 quid or whatever for a pump too... like wtf is that about atleast let me know that you are charging me for something I assumed came with the foundation...

Total disgrace... if you buy this after reading these reviews, you're mad. DONT BE FOOLED BY YOUTUBE 'GURUS'... they are PAID to talk about these products... it's all a hype thing. DO NOT GET THIS. There are so many better foundations you can buy...

To conclude: this is literally white/cream coloured face paint... looks and smells like it, feels like it after about ten minutes of wear it is super heavy and dry feeling like a face mask...

:) HOPE I HELPED