November 28, 2014 | 979 users online

Mascara - Max Factor - Masterpiece Mascara

rated 4 of 5 on 6/10/2009 3:48:00 PM More reviews by iluvjellybabies

This was my HG mascara until I discovered GOSH Eyedeal mascara! Some people complain it doesn't build up your lashes enough but my lashes are naturally dark so that's not an issue for me. It takes a bit of getting used to due to the silicone brush (I've poked myself in the eye with the bristles a couple of times) but it's just the most perfect every day mascara you could find. It does not give the illusion of fake eye lashes, it's rather a natural look which is what I want anyway. I think people should at least try it once, I've tried the Masterpiece Max one but it clumped and flaked on me so I threw it in the bin :-). The reason I don't give it 5 lippies is that it dries out within a month so it ends up being very expensive in the long run. GOSH Eyedeal mascara is very similar but last longer so I've switched for now.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/10/2009 10:02:00 AM More reviews by Delizzie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Nothing really stands out for me with this product. I bought it on the back of some good reviews in a mag, tried it the 1st time and thought "meh". So it sat on my shelf for a good month or so before I picked it up again. No complaints with application, no lumps or clumps and the wand seems to work for me (looks more like a comb than a brush), I wear one layer on the outer lashes only so I'm not sure how it layers up but I will tell you this!...I got a few favourable comments the day I wore this out for the 1st time. The girl at MAC asked me what I was wearing and so did my friend, apparently my lashes looked xtra long and delightful that day, and that my friends is a good thing! I wish in the "would you by this product again?" field there was a "maybe" option for the more decision challenged members of this community like myself.
Edit: I have been using this for a month or so and have noticed that I lose a lot more eyelashes than usual when I remove my make up at the end of the day, 6 or 7 at least. I'm going to give this product a break for a while.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/24/2009 12:46:00 PM More reviews by luvmejoice

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought this because a friend uses this and I loved her lashes. I usually stick to my Maybelline mascaras (we are so compatible lol) but I was on a shopping spree and I thought why not.
First of all, I don't know how in the world a wand like that is ever going to volumise the lashes? I was expecting something much bigger. The bristles are short and spiky and tend to disappear underneath clumps of mascara! I've compared it with the wand of a lenghtening mascara and even THAT was bigger and fuller!
I have short lashes so it's very important that they don't clump to look like 3 giant spider legs. Well, that's exactly what this mascara does to them! They clump together at the first swipe!!!
I thought I was doing it wrong. I thought there was too much mascara left on those short spikes. So I tried wiping the excess off on the rim of the tube. Nothing. I thought that maybe it's still too liquid and runny because it's never been used. So I tried waving the wand for a few seconds. Nothing.
Then I used this mascara with a Maybelline wand and THEN my lashes looked thicker, even though I'm really not impressed with the Maybelline mascara (it's volum' express turbo boost).
Seriously, I thought Great Lash mascara was the worst I could ever try. Well it's finally found it's match! I absolutely hate this mascara! It also doesn't help that I accidentally bought the waterproof formula. It flakes all over my face (which never happens with other mascaras) and whenever I take it off I end up pulling 3 or 4 lashes out :( I am very disappointed.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/17/2009 2:18:00 AM More reviews by PinkDiamante

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i love this mascara. is definitely a good lash definer and separator. good for weak lashes as it doesnt weigh them down. gives a natural look for everyday use. i heart it <3

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/28/2009 8:13:00 PM More reviews by kimorris

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This smudged way too much for my liking and gave me spidery lashes by my second coat. At least the black was black.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/28/2009 3:36:00 AM More reviews by wingedfrog

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Green

A decent mascara. The brush was kind of a novelty to me, and seemed to do a good job of defining lashes - definitely not a good choice if you're looking for volume.
I've ended up using this brush as sort of a lash comb for after I use my usual mascara. I actually find it really excellent for this purpose, thanks to the spiky rubber bristled wand.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/21/2009 12:29:00 PM More reviews by sunnybj

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Mine is waterproof. I used to be a big fan of Max Fator's mascaras and loved Lashfinity, which serves up its promise 'never smudge' even sleep over night with it and 2000 Calories, which volumizes your lashes like no others. However I found this one is a bit of disappointment. It does not have much to render except for separating lashes well and holding up curls. It starts to smudge after about 7 hours which should be the case for a waterproof mascara. The wand is indeed hard but it doesn't bother me in that aspect. It gives a weird sturdy feeling for applicaiton.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/20/2009 1:20:00 PM More reviews by munchkinhead

one word: rubbish!!!!!!!!

unless u want ur lashes to look limp, spidery with no curl or volume.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/9/2009 12:56:00 AM More reviews by rookicass

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This makes my lashes longer and gorgeous! I like the wand because it seperates lashes well and you can get into the corner area easily. I don't really make use of the colored end though - maybe when i go out at night but i found that if you apply the colored end on top of the black mascara, it weighs lashes down. Anyway, still good!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/8/2009 5:45:00 PM More reviews by chocolatemartini

~This is my go to mascara. HG material. I use it in the waterproof formulation and it holds curls very well while creating noticeable pretty lashes!

Also, it doesn't smudge which is great!