January 24, 2015 | 1851 users online

Mascara - Shiseido - Majolica Majorca Lash Expander

rated 5 of 5 on 1/20/2009 7:48:00 AM More reviews by jotaku

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Oh god.. this is the best mascara I've used yet!! I bought this about a month ago when I was in Japan and it wasn't very pricey at all, about $20AUD when converted. At first, the comb applicator made it seem like it would be hard to use, but after trying it out a couple times its just really fun to apply with the comb applicator :P

So I use this mascara with Shiseido's mascara base and its so amazing!! I was using DiorShow Iconic previously, and it was good, but I found that eventually the curl would droop down throughout the day....HOWEVER, when I tried out MJ Lash Expander, I was seriously amazed, haha - throughout a 15-16hr day, my eyelashes practically did not droop at all. I even went to sleep one night and the curl was still there, but had dropped a bit. I also have really stupid and stubborn lashes that never curl and so many mascaras have failed on me.

Not only that, but the mascara really makes my lashes longer, and it's great, since I also have really short lashes. I'm actually able to see my eyelashes in photos, which is a huuuge step up from before :P. There isn't much clumping at all too, which is great. Sometimes there's some random lashes that just stick together, but those can be separated easily with a lash comb so it's not really a big deal.

The only bad thing I have to say about MJ Lash Expander is that it is a bit hard to remove, but since the mascara works so well, that's no problem :D

rated 5 of 5 on 1/17/2009 7:32:00 AM More reviews by bwahahaha

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Black

On my 3rd tube of this, this stuff is seriously smudgeproof! I use it on my lower lashes and it really lengthens them. However, I find that it tends to clump a little when I use it on my upper lashes. The packaging is adorable and the price is very reasonable!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/17/2009 6:36:00 AM More reviews by Kesha

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

really luv this product, my HG mascara right now!
It's still looks natural & curly while i used it all day long and the price is quiet good for the quality, definitely buy it again especially it can makes my lash more length :)

rated 4 of 5 on 1/17/2009 3:32:00 AM More reviews by kakari89

I'm reading through some of the negative reviews on here, and I wonder if those reviewers know HOW this mascara is supposed to be used. I got this from Japan and you're supposed to use it AFTER you apply on your regular mascara. The user is supposed to apply it at the tips of the lashes, brushing it outwards multiple times until a desired length is accomplished. It's a lengthener; you're not supposed to use it alone on your bare lashes. I know this because I read various Japanese beauty/fashion magazines and a lot of them feature this mascara.

Now onto the review, I would definitely purchase this again. It is in the same category as the Fiberwig mascaras and Givenchy Phenomenon Eyes mascaras, where the liquid is rubbery and you brush and brush until you get the length you like. Except for this mascara, it's supposed to be used only at the tips after you apply your regular mascara.

23 out of 23 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/14/2009 10:27:00 AM More reviews by joeysoong

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The best mascara I've ever tried! And I liked it a lot! It lengthens and holds up curls for the whole day! Seriously! On the down side, it's very hard to remove as it is super waterproof. But I don't really mind. :) So 5/5! Recommended!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/14/2008 11:33:00 PM More reviews by rytta

I love this product. It really holds my curl all day long and as they say, it lengthen my lash beautifully. But the waterproof solution makes it hard to clean up.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/12/2008 12:09:00 AM More reviews by stellar4217

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love this mascara. Its budgeproof which I love. I've cried with it on, went swimming with it on, etc & my mascara was perfect. I use a small dab of vaseline & it comes right off. My eyelashes look nice and long without looking fake.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/7/2008 7:43:00 AM More reviews by Vaniessa

this mascara is really hard to remove,and it last through the night and even after i shower!!!!it doesn't really create length and thickness, it's just an OK product for me.did not really create the look that i wanted

rated 3 of 5 on 12/5/2008 11:58:00 PM More reviews by rawrboom

overall, i think it's pretty good for
lengthing your eyelashes and all,
it is waterproof and doesn't smudge,
which is good. it stays on when
im showering, or swimming, etc.
the brush is okay, it's more of
like a "comb". i'm fine with it i guess.
BUT, the one thing i don't like about it,
is that it is very hard to remove.
(well in my opinion)
and it makes a few eyelashes
fall off sometimes (not A LOT though)
wellwell, it's average, actually
ABOVE average. i find it better than
the cover girl lash blast.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/27/2008 12:08:00 PM More reviews by Survivalgirl

This product is overrated.

Yes, it holds curls really, really well.
And yes, it doesn't even smudge at all.

But it don't really add THAT much length and volume to my lashes. And the brush applicator pretty much sucks and clumps my lashes if I'm not careful. I have use other better mascara out there but this one for a drug store price is worth its value, I guess.

However, what I like about this product is that it gives a very glossy black. I have tried a lot of other drug store brand like Loeal , maybelline, fasio but none of them gave this type of glossy black.

I will probably buy this product again as this is quite cheap and convenient for me to buy but no, it's not that impressive.