November 26, 2014 | 1810 users online

Eyeliner - Bobbi Brown - Long Wear Gel Eyeliner in Black Ink

rated 5 of 5 on 8/20/2011 7:31:00 AM More reviews by jtg1968

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have tried all of Bobbi's gel liners, as well as countless pens, pencils, liquids and powders from other manufacturers. My eyes are my best feature, so I'm a little obsessed with liner. BB's black ink is my favorite. Some might think it's too bold for daytime, but I think it's classy, especially when paired with a neutral taupe eyeshadow.( I'm partial to BB's wheat or woodrose eyeshadow for daytime.) For some reason, the black ink is also the only color I have found in BB's line that doesn't dry out. Not sure what that is all about, but I really like that the gel consistency is maintained. Makes application so much easier. I've applied this with all sorts of brushes, including BB. For me, a flat eyeliner brush similar to smashbox works best with jet black liner, since it allows you to really get in close to the lashes without creating a bold, thick line. The staying power is excellent. I do follow with a powder liner on top during the summer. If I do so, then even when it's 97 degrees outside, the look lasts through a 12 hour shift, with dinner afterwards. Absolutely a must have.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/17/2011 10:48:00 AM More reviews by danbam

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

This is my absolute favourite eyeliner and I use it on a daily basis. It goes on beautifully - I'm no great expert but find the brush easy to use to create a perfect smooth line. The gel consistency dries quickly and the line stays in place all day long - it is the only eyeliner I've found that doesn't smudge or need reapplying. I also love the vivid black colour. Highly recommended.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/13/2011 12:17:00 AM More reviews by alwells

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

If you want a black eyeliner that goes on smooth and stays all day, this is the one. The only downside (if you consider it a downside) is that it dries fast. The problem with that is the there is not modification once it dries. So if you want to smudge, you can, but you have do it almost immediately.

I recently purchased the BB gel liner brush after using it with a MAC brush for a long while. It's worth the price. That BB brush makes application that much easier and fluid.

It may seem a little pricey, but it does last. Of course, you are only supposed to keep eye products for a number of months, so... But for me the quality is worth expense. I have the chocolate too, which I actually prefer.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/4/2011 1:09:00 PM More reviews by Meluah

Had read rave reviews about this, and I wear liquid eyeliner on a daily basis. Was expecting this to be fantastic, however I am so disappointed. The colour and texture is lovely, but u will need a good brush for desired effect. I use a primer daily and no matter what this smudges onto my eyelids leaving stripes of black just under my brow bone which can be emabressing if they are bad! Definatley not long wearing as I have bought some of the cheapest eyeliners as well and found they last 10 times longer. The only way this stays is to coat it with Benefit She Laq.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/19/2011 11:18:00 AM More reviews by sohvi

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

One word: LOVE!
I usually cannot wear eye make-up. I end up with conjunctivitis the next day. I have had a hard time finding a mascara that I can at least wear for an evening (Clinique Just Glossy) and absolutely can't do eyeshadow.
So I looked into liquid eyeliner. I have always loved the classic black eyeliner look and tried several eyeliner pencils out there (one of them being the Clinique liquid eyeliner, which just won't stay on).
So, after reading several rave reviews and watching youtube videos, I had to try this one. I bought the pot along with an angled brush and boy am I hooked.
Painting it on is easier than using a pencil. Correcting it with a q-tip works. It's pitch black. And the best? It stays on all day and my eyes tolerate it! The price is ok as the little pot will probably last forever.
Verdict: Probably the best eyeliner out there, love love love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/13/2011 4:16:00 PM More reviews by doctordoom

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

great black gel liner. applies smooth and lasts forever! and the pot doesn't dry out fast as some others do. will repurchase if i don't find a cheaper good black gel liner!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/30/2011 8:53:00 PM More reviews by abjo17

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Other Eyes: Hazel

Cannot praise this eyeliner enough.
Bought on a Bobbi Brown haul one day (along with a load of brushes). I am so so happy with this eyeliner! And it definitely lives up to its 'Long Wear' name.
Another reference to my life: spend a day back and forward London on the busy and sweaty London Underground, quickly get changed, head to the pub from 5pm until 12am, go to the toilet to see the state of my face ....yup..... eyeliner STILL IN TACT! literally, all of it!!!!!
I don't think I would ever buy a different eyeliner after trying this one. I only have good things to say about this, and considering you could probably be awake for 48 hours and it would still be on you smudge free (if you hadn't rubbed your eyes by then) I would say it is very much worth the money!! :)

rated 4 of 5 on 6/24/2011 9:10:00 PM More reviews by autumnxlove

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

At first I loved this gel liner but I feel it dried out way too fast especially for the price.. might be hesitant to purchase again.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/24/2011 4:02:00 PM More reviews by naturalnic011

I LOVE THIS PRODUCT! I can not say enough good things about this eyeliner. It is soo easy to apply, stays in place, is jet black and is decently priced. I bought mine at Macy's for about $21.00. This is by far the bessst gel liner i have ever tried, and i will definitely repurchasing when i run out!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/22/2011 8:00:00 PM More reviews by joyousjoy88

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

[PROs]: Easy to apply, natural looking, easy to remove and long lasting. I really want to give this a 3.5/5, closer to a 4 but not really. Here's why: [CONs] I wear contacts and have watery eyes, this liner doesn't stand up to that. By the end of a work day I find it to smudge and end up with raccoon eyes. Black Ink isn't as dark as others. Also, this is really pricey at $30 cnd, and you need a good liner brush. I hate to say I regret my purchase, but I will continue to use so it doesn't go to waste. I will not repurchase.--------------------- I am normally a liquid liner girl but when my HG liner got discontinued I wanted something to top it. I heard the hype of this liner and bought it. It is really creamy, easy to work with and easily comes off. I had used Wet'n'Wild's cream liner and although it was a much darker black than BB's gel liner, it was so hard to remove. This gel liner comes off easy but as mentioned, not as black as other liners out there.