October 23, 2014 | 1131 users online

Loose Powders - L'Oreal - Translucide Naturally Luminous Loose Powder

rated 1 of 5 on 5/21/2008 6:22:00 PM More reviews by jodi101

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

i bought this based on the reviews here but its rubbish,. seriously. highlights all my flaws and the packaging is a pain in the ass.. the stuff flies everywhere.

plus the colour seems to change my foundation colour, i just wanted a setting powder.

poo product.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/20/2008 11:19:00 PM More reviews by Zumadallas

This product goes on fairly smoothly, and it doesn't cause breakouts. At the end of the day, I didn't have a sheen of oil on my face. The packaging is a little cheesy, but the price is right.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/20/2008 8:28:00 PM More reviews by ahhiitsalex

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

For the price, this powder is exceptional. Deffinently will buy again. Doesn't dry out my skin either like most powders do.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/2/2008 10:31:00 PM More reviews by MakeUpVideosAndMore

i have been using this product for about 6 months now. i like how this sets my liquid foundation, whatever brand i use, this works just fine! i like how it gives me a good coverage. it has a nice sweet scent to it but very very subtle, not make-up-yyy smell. it has a little bit of shimmer to it but you could barely see it. i use it to set liquid foundation or i just use it on top of my concealer for those lazy days. i took off one lippie because this product is kind of hard to fine. i've never seen this at any drugstore in my area HOWEVER i know that ULTA sells this (i don't know if it's EXCLUSIVELY sold by ULTA coz that's the only place where i found this at) and there is one right by my house. my heart goes out to those who don't have a near by ulta and who loves this product. hopefully they make it easily available. i will definitely buy this product again but i bet it won't be for another 6 months or so just because i only use a little of this product and it definitely goes a loooong way! ;)

rated 4 of 5 on 3/31/2008 5:49:00 PM More reviews by ncncncbaby

HG for me. I don't really need foundation, but I do need something to mop up the oil. This does a very nice job! Best translucent powder i've used! It doesn't make my face itchy like some powders. I apply it all over my face & it gives me a smooth, silky pallet for the rest of my makeup. It's not visibly powdery on the skin. The container is great and non-messy, I just flip my wrist & use the product on the lid.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/8/2008 12:58:00 AM More reviews by latteys

I have been using this for the past 3 years and I love it! I am very very oily, and this controls it somewhat. I dont think its possible for me to ever control all my oil, so I am quite satisfied with this product. I mix the light and medium shade together to get my perfect blend. It does have a little sparkle close up, but not noticeable, especially as the day goes on. You can put double/triple layers of this on, and it looks finsished! When I have a big pimple, this is good to build it on the pimple and give it some extra coverage. Definitely repurchse!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/8/2008 12:09:00 AM More reviews by sammers

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really like this powder - especially for the price! It has a pleasant smell and texture. I bought this with the L'Oreal Quick Stick during a Buy one, get one deal at Walgreens.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/23/2008 11:21:00 AM More reviews by maysong

I have been on the quest for the perfect loose powder for a long time...I've tried most of the higher end stuff, and pretty much all the lower end stuff, and they always broke me out or left me shiny in just a few hours. This one is GREAT! I found mine at ULTA, and use the lightest one (translucent). It goes on like a dream (the only one I've found I like more is Laura Mercier's setting powder, which my MA used on my wedding day, but $38 is just a wee bit too much for 'lil 'ol me!) It also really does a good job on cutting shine (I still have to blot maybe once a day, but that's just a fact of life for me) Also, from looking at the ingredient list, it appears to be TALC-FREE, which is great since I can sometimes react to talc. I was a little worried it might be too shimmery, since it has mica in it, but it really is just a lovely light setting powder. Just don't expect a lot of coverage...it really is, as mentioned, a setting powder. Love it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/19/2008 12:47:00 PM More reviews by juaini

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

For those who are familiar, the texture and finish of this loose powder is very similar to MUFE's Super Mat powder, but even lighter and with less oil control. I do love this powder, it's light, airy, and sheer. It's amazing as a setting powder, sets your makeup perfectly without changing the color or coverage. It's also soooo light that you can pack on as much as you want and it won't be cakey. Ever. Try it. You can even pack it onto unblotted oily skin and it won't look cakey or powdery, it just transforms your oil slick into silk. The powder I have has no scent.

I've also found that it gives a gorgeous soft-focus finish not unlike MAC MSF Naturals, but wears even better than the MAC. I use 02 Light Beige and it's perfect for my very yellow-toned (not UNDERtoned, mind you) NC25-30 skin.

7 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/23/2008 2:17:00 PM More reviews by mapn

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Green

Quite beautiful! I very rarely use loose powder but when I do, I'm always so pleased with the results that Translucide gives me. I always apply it with a large brush and it leaves my skin looking smooth, even and healthy. Adequately controls shine all day long (I might need one blotting paper in the afternoon). The jar is very plain-looking though.