The Body Shop Strawberry Body Butter

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Aqua (Water) (Solvent/Diluent), Butyrospermum parkii (Shea Butter) (Emollient), Cyclomethicone (Emollient), Glycerin (Humectant), Theobroma cacao (Cocoa Butter) (Emollient), Glyceryl Stearate (Emulsifier), PEG-100 Stearate (Surfactant), Cetearyl Alcohol (Emulsifier), Lanolin Alcohol (Stabiliser/Emollient), Phenoxyethanol (Preservative), Parfum (Fragrance), Methylparaben (Preservative), Fragaria ananassa (Natural Additive), Propylparaben (Preservative), Xanthan Gum (Viscosity Modifier), Tocopherol (Antioxidant), Benzyl Alcohol (Preservative), Disodium EDTA (Chelating Agent), Fragaria chiloensis (Strawberry Seed Oil) (Natural Additive), Limonene (Fragrance Ingredient), Sodium Hydroxide (pH Adjuster), Cinnamal (Fragrance Ingredient), Rosmarinus officinalis (Natural Additive), Linalool (Fragrance Ingredient), Citral (Fragrance Ingredient), Caramel (Colour), CI 14700 (Colour).

on 8/14/2011 6:46:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I picked up a $5 travel size of this and woo! This body butter is great. It's summer and it still doesn't make me too greasy, so I can't wait to see how awesome it is in the winter when the inevitable dryness and itchiness come along.
In terms of the smell, the strawberry fragrance is juicy and delicious. The strength of the fragrance is the only reason why I took off one lippie- it can be a bit much with initial application, but other than that, it's yuuummyy. Tubs worry me with sanitation, but I'm not really bothered by it.
This body butter definitely opened the door to body butters in general for me. I can't wait to check out more fragrances from The Body Shop!

on 8/3/2011 4:07:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I love using this in Winter when my skin is at its driest. During Summer, it's far too greasy for me. You only need the smallest amount to cover a large area and the formula is very creamy, absorbing easily into my skin. Good for elbows, knees and heels where skin is usually the driest for me. Has a strong sweet scent that may be a little over-whelming for some, but the scent lasts quite well after you apply it.

on 7/20/2011 7:56:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I have the smaller tub of this one, and it has lasted me a LONG time!
It was $6 canadian dollars. the smell, at first when i smelt it, it was like Kapow! strong. But when you rub it in the smell goes away a bit so its alot better. I dont use this on my face, i find it way to heavy. but when i get out of the shower after shaving, this oftens up my legs nicely! will be rebuying!

on 7/20/2011 4:52:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

This was the best moisturizer ever. And the smell -= ♥ !
Mine got stolen at school though. I cried.

on 7/16/2011 5:44:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Reading these reviews I have noticed maybe why some may dislike the smell as it has been referred to as 'fake plastic strawberry scent ' . I for one really love the smell of this , it gives off a lovely strawberry scent even though it does smell half like a plastic strawberry. I always get compliments when wearing this lotion and it does help moisturise my dry skin a lot. Two main disappointing things I did notice about this cream is that it warm weather the lotion melts , it is still usable but it does melt and loses it's cream like texture and become more like a runny lotion. Another thing I realised is when I am wearing this lotion , my skin feels a little sticky until it completely sinks in. Nevertheless this cream/lotion doesn't have too bad downfalls , has a lovely scent , is moisturising and not too pricey for the amount of product you actually get. I would recommend this and o also would buy it again :)

on 7/16/2011 5:14:00 PM

I've bought this product so many times :) It has a young, fresh scent and keeps my dry skin moisturized. I have really sensitive skin and this was really delicate on it, I recommend it to anyone! <3

on 6/23/2011 5:24:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I finally finished this tub. Not sure if I would go and buy another strawberry one since I want to try out other scents. As for moisturizing, it does a pretty good job. My legs especially get rather dry in Winter and after I shave so something like this which is quite rich does wonders. I feel like it absorbs fairly well provided you use a small amount. Too much and it can come off feeling too greasy. Also good for elbows and dry heels! Smells incredible too. A little pricey where I live but one tub has lasted me forever!

on 6/20/2011 1:11:00 PM

this smells exactly like strawberry candy not exactly fresh strawberries as i was hoping for but nevertheless it does the job well and i can still smell the scent on myself about 20mins later which is great seeing as it smells like heaven!

on 5/27/2011 5:20:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral

I love the body butters from The Body Shop but this one is just okay. I have used it couple of times (from sample) but I did not like it as much. I will not buy this one.

on 5/25/2011 1:42:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

Mmmm I love strawberries, so I couldn't help but to purchase this body butter as soon as the Body Shop had one of those 50%-off-everything-in-the-bag sales. At the time, body butters were still $20 but I think $10 was reasonable enough for me to indulge myself!

The texture is pretty thick at first, but feels more whipped and softens quickly in your hands. This one doesn't feel as greasy as some of the others as it's meant for people with normal skin, or doesn't need intense moisturizing. I have very dry skin but I bought it for the scent alone. It absorbs quickly and doesn't leave my skin feeling oily or sticky.

The scent.... is very sweet, so I know it's not for everyone. Not sweet in the fake candy or ice cream smelling strawberry sweet that I don't like, but more like very ripe fresh strawberries. I avoid wearing this all over when I go out because it's pretty strong and lasts for quite some time, transferring easily onto things in direct contact with your skin and not everyone appreciates the scent. Instead I use it right before bed and I wake up with pajamas smelling like strawberries.

Edit: As of Aug 2011, I have decided to cut the amount of products I have with parabens and products with "fragrance" listed in the ingredients. I am sad to say I will not be repurchasing this (even though I love the smell!) after I am finished with my current tub. Hopefully, the Body Shop will decide to eliminate parabens and some other chemicals from future formulas so I can embrace their yummy products again.

Popular Lotions / Creams