July 30, 2014 | 2161 users online

Lotions/ Creams - The Body Shop - Strawberry Body Butter

rated 4 of 5 on 5/7/2011 10:17:00 AM More reviews by jeckapah

Friendly product! :D I use the puree body lotion from Strawberry range before, then I try for the body butter.
I prefer the body lotion's smell, because it's sweeter and candy-like. But the body butter has nice aroma too! It's sweet and fresh!

It gives moisture on skin, but you have to apply as soon as possible after bath/shower, so it will absorb well into your skin. If not, I usually feel greasy for a moment. :(

I believe it works great in winter or dry environment. :D

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/28/2011 2:12:00 PM More reviews by zoeferret

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

My favorite fruity body butter. The smell is a artifical strawberry but I love it. It reminds me of Strawberry Shortcake Dolls but stronger. I like to layer this with a vanilla perfume, then it smells like strawberry vanilla ice cream. The body butter is very rich and creamy, a little goes a long way. If it feels greasy, you may have used too much. I think it's a bit spendy at $16 for a large tub but The Body Shop always has sales, so you can often get it for less.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/28/2011 3:36:00 AM More reviews by cablamb

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I really like texture and the consistency of this Body Butter but out of all The Body Shop Body Butters I have tried this is the only one where it's scent was not natural to me.
I am a fan of strawberry scents but I was hoping this Body Butter would of had that natural Strawberry punnet smell; it's a bit artificial.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/4/2011 2:14:00 AM More reviews by sarahmats

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I was SO disappointed with this product! I absolutely love the fragrance. It's so juicy and I can't stop smelling it. But the thing is, it gets my hands all sticky and for me, that's something I can't compromise. And yes, like sugar-on-your-fingers sticky. Its definitely going back. Otherwise I would have adored it.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/22/2011 5:24:00 PM More reviews by caileydawn

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

My boyfriend LOVES this on me. I know I keep hearing about the artificial strawberry smell, but it's honestly not that bad.. and no lotion is going to have a perfect strawberry match.. It's lotion! If you wanna smell like strawberries, go rub them on your skin.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/14/2011 5:58:00 PM More reviews by kawanii

Strawberry always smells so yummy like I can eat it! Love the texture and it moisturizes so well. I apply it to my body every night before sleeping. My bed smells like strawberries and so does my clothes! Love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/13/2011 12:59:00 AM More reviews by sarah1608

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Smells so yummy, good enough to eat! Moisturises skin really well and the smell actually stays - i get so many compliments when i wear it! The texture of the cream is perfect for a body butter, and the tub is handy and compact. Definitely buy if you like strawberry scented lotions/body butters.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/24/2011 4:54:00 PM More reviews by Africanbeauty

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I get a boozy/artificial fruit scent from this, and nearly all the other TBS body butters I've used. There's something off about their (TBS) body base, the lotions smell better. That said it moisturized ok, and is heavily scented. It reminds me of a strawberry version of VS Love Spell (fruity booze), not a horrible smell but definitely not for me.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/12/2011 9:35:00 PM More reviews by rachellovesmakeup2

I have been known to kind of have a little obsession w/ the body shop but I was actually a little dissapointed with their body butter. The strawberry scent is delicious but the product itself doesn't really do anything for my skin. The consistency is quite thick and sometimes hard to get out of the container. I hope that they will try to fix these errors in the future though because strawberry is my favorite scent:)

rated 3 of 5 on 12/5/2010 7:52:00 PM More reviews by tinathecookie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Green

As much as I love the scent of this product, the disappointing thing about so many Body Shop products is that when objectively viewed, they are actually nowhere near as good as they seem. Yes, this is a good short term moisturiser, but it goes on so thick and doesn't have much of a long term effect. Palmers provides a longer term moisture for your skin. Furthermore, I am well aware it says this moisturiser is for 'normal skin' but I have normal skin and this left me dry after a few hours and I had to keep reapplying :( A cheaper alternative might smell worse, but is actually better for your skin.