September 22, 2014 | 1263 users online

Eye Shadow - MAC - All Pigment Powders

rated 5 of 5 on 1/14/2006 7:10:00 PM More reviews by PiercedChik

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love pigment! I rarely buy eyeshadow anymore because I use pigments nearly every day. I really don't think they're messy at all. Transfer some into a smaller jar, dip in brush and apply. The versatility is amazing with them. I love making lipglosses out of pigments. It's not really that expensive considering how long it will last you. I do wish they sold 2 size jars though. A half size jar would be perfect for the not so everyday colors. I'll definitely keep buying pigments!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/7/2006 8:16:00 PM More reviews by dewdropsjd

Messy but fun!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/7/2006 2:24:00 AM More reviews by xoxoruca

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I've tried about 20 or so of the MAC pigments and I love them. I really only use them when I'm going out at night because during the day I just use neutral colours . I always just buy the samples on ebay because a little goes a VERY long way and as I said, I don't use them daily. Usually I apply the shimmery or glittery shades dry and the matte shades wet to make them more dramatic. They crease a bit but that can be remedied by applying some foundation to the eyelids before the pigments. I really do suggest buying the samples instead of the pricey full size product unless you find a shade that you want to use everyday. You can get so many uses out of the tiny pots and they're very inexpensive on ebay.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/6/2006 4:43:00 PM More reviews by ChristenMc

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm a huge fan of the pigments. I actually prefer them over shadow now. They are so versatile and I sue them in so many ways. This is a GREAT product

rated 5 of 5 on 1/5/2006 10:55:00 PM More reviews by hishipsandhers

I can't say anything bad about these. I've only used samples since i'm a poor little girl but I plan on buying msot of the samples i've tried from MAC.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/2/2006 11:41:00 PM More reviews by Jehda

I LOVE MAC PIGMENTS!!! As a makeup artist, you can't survive without owning MAC pigments. I have at least half of the colors offered on the website and I'm always checking to see if they've come out with new shades. The best thing about the pigments is that they come in a big jar that will take forever to use up. Let's face it, you're probably not going to wear a bright blue shadow everyday so it'll take you years to use up your MAC pigments. Also, you can use some of them on your lips! Why would you do this? Well, a few years ago I was Cleopatra for Halloween. I wanted to achieve the ultimate gold metallic lip but I couldn't find a lipstick/lip gloss that gave me this look. A MAC makeup artist told me to put a gold pigment on over a gold lipstick to achieve my look. Voila! I looked like Anck-Su-Namun from The Mummy Returns! Most of the pigment colors are highly metallic, which is good for someone who's seeking for a high-quality funky eyeshadow.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/28/2005 12:24:00 PM More reviews by slicedbread13

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

OK,here are the good things about the pigments~they come in very beautiful colors,ranging from shimmery to matte,they are somewhat affordable,and they seem to last forever.They also mix well with whatever you'd like.Now here are the bad things.They are VERY messy and seem to go all over the place,and if you are using these as eyeshadow,LOL,you are in for a treat.They go all over your freshly-foundationed face and you have a hard time trying to get it off without ruining your foundation!The bottle itself that it comes in is no picnic,there is nothing there to proctect the pigments from coming out,say,if you put the bottle near the bathroom sink and accidently were to spill it.I don't know about YOU,but $20 of this stuff is alot of money for something that I am literally spilling down the drain!The staying power of these is just plain terrible,especially if you are using these as eyeshadow!I've tried everything, mixing with a base,applying with a brush,and it starts fading after and hour or so!No WONDER they put them in such big bottles,with all of the spilling and re-applying going around!All in all,I gave this stuff 3 lippies because I can't live without a few of the colors,even if I have to keep re-applying it every hour on the hour.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/16/2005 2:53:00 PM More reviews by modestmaya

I have this in violet, and I love it. I mix it with my metallic silver kryolan to increase the staying power... since it seems to wear off quickly even with a base.

I love the deep shimmer, and the hue is gorgeous.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/15/2005 12:23:00 AM More reviews by BuBBle_29

The pigments powder have alot of shades to choose from...Veri highly pigment and long lasting powder...Highly recommend for long term use!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/8/2005 12:35:00 AM More reviews by shatteredshards

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Pigments make up about half of my eyeshadow collection. I actually started using pigments before pressed eyeshadows, so don't let anyone discourage you from trying them. They are extremely versatile. My big tip: use good brushes. The quality of brushes you use with your pigments will make a huge difference, and no fingers or Q-tips!