December 19, 2014 | 1573 users online

Masks - Oatmeal Mask

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 9/11/2012 6:12:00 PM More reviews by CuteMo

I use oatmeal more as a scrub/cleanser than a masque, but I love what it does either way! I just take the oats from the cupboard and mash them up in my hand, run a bit of water on them to get the "milky water" out (which is a great skin softener!), and then start rubbing! I haven't tried the oatmeal/honey masque yet, but as soon as I feel like getting the magic bullet down, I definitely will!

I usually exfoliate my skin with baking soda first, then follow with oatmeal, and moisturize with jojoba oil. For oily days, I use the oatmeal and then apply witch hazel (if my skin is feeling sensitive) or apple cider vinegar (if my skin is showing signs of acne).

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/5/2012 10:43:00 PM More reviews by belle169

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

My skin is normal/combination, and not breakout-prone at all. However, I do have slightly uneven skintone on my cheeks, and some noticeable pores and redness around my nose. Often cleansers/exfoliants dry my skin out a lot, without showing any great benefits. However, whenever I use oatmeal as a face exfoliant, my skin feels smooth, radiant and healthy, and I feel like my skintone is less prone to redness. I use a small handful - maybe three/four tablespoons - in the shower (I never use it over the sink as it is very messy) anywhere from one to three times a week, no more than that just because it is a (albeit very mild) exfoliant. I make sure it's very saturated with water so that the oats are softened, squeeze out the excess liquid, and apply in circular motions all over my face, then rinse. Seriously, it makes my skin feel amazing.
I've also used oats a few times in facial masks, and they work well for that too.
I'd definitely recommend using oats as a facial cleanser to everyone. :)

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/16/2012 3:33:00 AM More reviews by leizel

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Oatmeal is a wonderful natural beauty product. I like to use it as an exfoliant, facial treatment mask, as well for baths. For baths - I take a handful of oatmeal and throw it into a coffee grinder until the oatmeal is fine. For exfoliating, I grind and mix it in with avocado and message the mix into my skin. You can leave it on and pack on some more for a facial mask. Organic Oatmeal would be better - less chemicals and such, more goodness. This is great for those with sensitive skin or if you're experiencing redness/irritation from other products or the climate. Oatmeal leaves my skin calmer and soothed. Love it.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/16/2012 2:45:00 AM More reviews by Cmitz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have been struggling with acne since I was 16 off and on I am now 22. In high school it was just the once a month flare ups, but after high school my skin got worse. 1 month I would be clear the next I would have tons of pimples. I used to only breakout on my chin and around my mouth. But ever since January 2012 I've been breaking out on my cheeks jaw line forhead...EVERYWHERE! I have used everything, maybe product overload, changing products made it worse etc. I have spent sooo much time and money trying all kinds of skincare and makeup and birth control....nothing worked. Until oatmeal...my saviour!! Now to just find makeup that works for me ughh.
I bought Bob Red Mills Wheat Free Dairy Free Oatmeal 8$
It doesn't make me break out, its so cheap, will last me months, can be used as a cleanser and mask, completely gets rid of redness, slowly helping acne scars fade, current pimples i do have are getting smaller and smaller everyday, any new pimples (due to cheat days eating chocolate and dairy i think) only last 2 days until they start to get smaller and smaller as well, all of the painful under the skin pimples have come to the surface and formed a white head although tempting to pop im staying away and letting the oatmeal work its magic since its cleared up a white head in 3 days not touching it. I have only been using this 4 days!!! If just I tried this remedy sooner I would have saved my skin and my depression over having bad skin but every time I look in the mirror I see how much its improved my skin I get so much happier! I will update again in 2 weeks and in 1 month with my progress.
I boil water add a tablespoon of oatmeal into a small dish and let it sit for 5-10 minutes depending how much time I have and I wash my face with it morning and night i squish the oats in my hands and smear it on and cleanse for 1-2 minutes then i take a clump of the oats and in a gentle circular motion go over each individual pimple and rinse and thats it I don't even use moisturizer my skin feels comfortable after and our skin produces our own moisturizer so for me i never use one anymore since all the moisutizers ive tried from chemical loaded to 100% all natural from 5$ to 100$ all broke me out or just werent doing much for me. This oatmeal makes skin tone even too and your skin glow! The only con about this is its messy and could potentially clog the drains in the sink/shower but buy a trapper to go into where a plug would go and that should prevent it. Long review I know but I LOVE OATMEAL!!! try it just make sure its dairy free and wheat free oatmeal those 2 ingredients and eating those cause acne! Tips to get rid of acne before trying px drugs
- Stop eating/drinking dairy, alcohol, wheat, gluten, seaweed, meat, seafood (fish good) sugar, salt, soy (i think mangoes and possibly beans and lentils cause acne but eat it and see what happens)
EAT- salmon, cod, halibut, flax seeds, chia seeds, hemp seeds, vegetables, fruit, quinoa (stores have tons of meat free wheat free dairy free gluten free bread cookies pasta cakes pancakes waffles ice cream chocolate, fake cheese and yogurt made out of almonds!! and everything tastes soooo good and they have burgers too)
Drink- alkaline water!!! 2-5 litres a day!
Exercise- 1 hour everyday even if its just walking...hot yoga is my fav! and running
Wash 2 times a day with oatmeal!! use as mask as often as you want
dont wear makeup only wear it when you absolutely have to if anything just wear 100% pure mascara and a burts bees chapstick and when you have to wear makeup just a concealer bronzer and blush....no foundation or finishing powders and all that other shit
Give it 3 months you SHOULD have clear glowing skin and feel and truely be healthy inside and out your mood will be so much happier youll just be more positive and if you need to loose a few pounds or a ton you will deffinitly get there and keep it off!!! I lost 20 pounds in my first 2 months and i wasnt even 100% strict with it. Now im going to be strict and hope to loose 20 more by october.16 ill update more on skin with oatmeal in 2 weeks a month 2 months and 3 months

17 out of 18 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/13/2012 2:03:00 PM More reviews by loverofproducts

AMAZING! helps hear my scars and is very moisturizing, helps get rid of or minimize zits/ acne..... and is really soothing. Also, it's so creamy and improves the texture of my skin, and i'm hundred percent sure it makes my skin glow. It's definitely worth a try (unless u r allergic to it) :)

Give it a try after ur cleanser then apply a really good moisturizer (at night) such as coconut oil (which i do) and in the morning, the results ... if u don't have reactions.... are AMAZING! (p.s ... i only use at night)

rated 1 of 5 on 8/2/2012 4:58:00 PM More reviews by THLuver33

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Green

I really hate to bring down the ratings of this but I must. After using the Pai skincare range I got horrible rash on my face. Well I thought I would try some oatmeal since it is suppose to be calming but it made my rash worse! Ugh, I was really hoping this would help but it didn't. Now I am on the search for something new.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/31/2012 7:54:00 AM More reviews by LilyJ

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Blue

I use it daily as a face mask, it's super moisturising and soothing. I grind the oats and add some warm water, and leave on for about 30 minutes. I have sensetive skin, so it's great for any allergies or breakouts. Recently I had dermatitis on my hands, and they were so sore and itchy and burning up. Nothing would help, so I put some of the oatmeal mask on them, and wow. Immediate relief, it was so soothing and stopped the itching.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/11/2012 6:25:00 AM More reviews by savitri777

amazing results , no more generic cleansers , this will make the skin super clean glowing !!!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/24/2012 5:12:00 PM More reviews by heyitsrachael

Im 15 years old and i have recently started applying an oatmeal facemask with a small amount of honey. I have seen terrific results on my skin and especially to my acne scabs, I 100% recommend using oatmeal on your skin as it is cheap and works like a dream!

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/23/2012 9:25:00 PM More reviews by purpleziqian

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I learnt about oatmeal cleanser because of Bubzbeauty! Yes, she is right! There was once where I have a terrible breakout over my T-zone area, so I cleanse my face every morning with the oatmeal. After rinsing off, you can definitely feel that your skin is cleaner and the breakout are leas redder! If only the process isn't so messy, that would be better :) But the outcome makes up the messy part :) Is worth a try!