December 19, 2014 | 1147 users online

Bath Treatments - LUSH - Butterball Bath Bomb

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/15/2010 4:21:00 PM More reviews by maddsox

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Black

I really do love this bathbomb. I've tried both the regular version and the Christmas "Mr. Butterball" snowman shaped version. That said, this did take some getting used to on my part.

The very first time I used this, I was horrified and thought something was wrong with it before I ever even stepped into the tub. There were what seemed like HUGE pools of oil floating on top of the bathwater. My initial reaction was not pleasant or positive. I tried making my own bathbombs once and added too much oil. As a result, every time I used one, the water was way oily. This was exactly like the home-made ones I had done.

Anywho, I decided to take the plunge anyway (puns!). And I'm glad I did. I love the scent (musky vanilla and ylang-ylang?). The oils in the water made my skin so silky smooth. I was impressed.

Then I stood up to get my silky smooth self out of the tub and nearly cracked my skull on the window ledge above the tub. This bad boy makes EVERYTHING silky smooth. Not just the skin. So be careful. Luckily my skull survived with no more damage than usual.

The only downer with this bath bomb is that I have a more difficult time scrubbing the tub after I use it. And yes, I do scrub my tub after every bath I take. But I consider it a fair trade for all the moisturizing goodness, so I only took off one lippie for it's overt greasiness.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/12/2010 2:13:00 PM More reviews by lovepink679

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I am commenting on the Holiday Version of this. "mr. butterball" the snowman!! :)

This has got to be my FAVORITE bath bomb from lush. It smells amazing, and leaves the water silky smooth. My skin feels so soft and moisturized after taking a bath with mr. butterball :)

I have nothing bad to say about this product! I would buy it until lush doesn't make it anymore, which i hope never happens.

Wait until after Christmas so you can buy 1 get 2 free!!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/12/2010 1:57:00 AM More reviews by ellaphunt

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I am actually commenting on the snowman-shaped Mr. Butterball, which I got as part of this year's Lush holiday bath box.

I'm a fan of the sweet smell (ylang-ylang does it for me every single time), but more than that, the cocoa butter in this one made my skin so soft I couldn't believe it. Half of one might suffice (cocktailed with another bath bomb?) because this makes your skin so 'buttery'.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/10/2010 6:06:00 PM More reviews by MakeupAddictLa

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This bath bomb creates the most moisturizing bath. After you drop the bath bomb into your bath water, it melts and forms this layer of oil kind of thing on the surface of the water. The oil really moisturized my skin and made them super soft. This is definitely a must have for the winter months when my skin gets super dry. The scent is also very lovely.

Great product and I will definitely repurchase this over and over again! Check this product out!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/10/2010 12:12:00 PM More reviews by Merrydothe

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

This was my first LUSH bomb and to this day it's still my favorite! Butterball has a gorgeous scent that will fill your whole bathroom with loveliness! Ha! It creates a slightly creamy bath that is very moisturizing and just fab to soak in! I've purchased this over and over and over and will continue to do so. Its just so simple and perfect!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/9/2010 8:51:00 PM More reviews by Lemonz

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I absolutely LOVE the smell of this. If they made it into soap, hellz yeah I would buy it! It's a very light, musky vanilla scent.

But I was left disappointed with it. All it did was leave my water a murky white with a bunch of hard, floating chunks of cocoa or shea butter (forget which) that were a pain to clean up later.

Won't be repurchasing.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/5/2010 9:44:00 PM More reviews by kaylnm

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I recieved this bath product from my sister for Christmas! I tried the bomb tonight and loved it. I'm going next week to my local LUSH store and buying another. This is so nice, I don't even have to use body lotion after my bath!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/30/2009 10:02:00 PM More reviews by sarahcurll

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

i got mr. butterball as a gift for xmas, and i loved it! it smelled wonderful, really sweet, and was so cute. it made my skin soo smooth and moisturized. it left the tub a little oily but nothing major. this made my bath soo much more relaxing.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/30/2009 2:07:00 PM More reviews by lushieluver

This is my favorite Lush bath bomb.The first time I dropped one of these into my tub, I emerged with skin so soft that it felt like a baby's skin! It left some slickness to the tub, but that is to be expected whenever a moisturizer is incorporated into a product. Just be careful so you don't slip when you emerge with your lovely smelling, soft skin.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/23/2009 8:26:00 PM More reviews by luftballon

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I took my very first LUSH bath with Butterball the other day after hauling at my local LUSH store. I love the smell, I find it very clean, simple, and refreshing.

First of all this is GREAT for softening up water and the shea butter in it is very, very moisturizing. My skin loves it. As the bomb fizzles away, tiny chunks of shea butter are released. With the heat of the water, they melt. I noticed that the chunks sometimes cling to the sides of the bathtub but that is easily remedied by swiping it and rubbing it into my drier spots (elbows, knees). During the winter my skin is very dry and dehydrated, and this was a great fix! I used the entire bomb, which is smaller than most of the other ones (say, Big Blue or Sex Bomb). It did not change the color of the water, so this would probably be great for cocktailing if you need some more moisture. I love that my elbows and knees are still much more moisturized than usual and I'm still soft all over.

How I wish these were cheaper! For now, though, stock up on Mr. Butterball if you want to save some cash--it's much bigger (2-3 uses maybe) and cheaper than the ball version.