The Body Shop White Musk Line

3.9

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 4/8/2007 4:41:00 PM

This is sort of an average scent, but really nice and cosy. I could se my self using it as a everyday fragrance! I've had HUGE samples from TheBodyShop, so I've been using it a while and I like it sofar. I haven't bought it yet since my samples isn't ended, but maybe I will later! The've updated the formula now, with a newer bottle too. Nice!

on 3/15/2007 11:42:00 PM

Love this clean, fresh scent! Perfumes tend to give me headaches, but I've never had a problem with White Musk. And at $20 or so for a large bottle (usually last me 6-8 months), it's a bargain!

This is a fantastic classic fragrance. It smells clean, cosy and sexy at the same time. I've known this fragrance for about ten years now and used it on and off. It's always part of my fragrance collection and there are days when only White Musk will do. It fits a very specific mood to me and while I'm aware that fragrance choices are very personal, I really think this is a classic, inoffensive fragrance.

on 1/12/2007 9:44:00 AM

Ick. I always thought this scent was pretty insipid, but now it actually sort of nauseates me, probably because I made the mistake of testing the oil at TBS before heading to the gym, and the scent became quite strong in the heat. I just hate the pairing of a musk--which by definition is animalic and a bit dirty--with something like air freshener. It's the same effect as going a few days without a shower and then putting on a scented deodorant to try to cover up the smell. There are some light floral musks I love, like Lovely or Narciso Rodriguez. This is just not the right way to treat a musk.

on 1/4/2007 1:16:00 PM

I LOVE this scent. This, along with Satsuma and Ananya, totally remind me of college. There was a girl in my dorm during my first year who wore the White Musk and she always smelled great. I went home with her for Thanksgiving and when I went to take a shower right after her, it was the White Musk smell that slapped me in the face (in a good way) when I walked into the bathroom.

Fragrances are weird because they smell wonderful on one person and then YOU put it on and it smells like vomit. My friend swore by this fragrance, so I used a bit of her shower gel and perfume, and was surprised that it smelled good on me, and I have been hooked ever since. That was 12 years ago. I am so happy the Body Shop still makes it because I love it.

This is a nice soft musk that CAN be overpowering if you put too much on, but I just spray it on BEFORE I put on clothing. I find that even without layering it with lotion and bath gel, it will last all day.

I don't wear it everyday because I like to change my fragrances depending on my mood, but when I feel a bit nostalgic for the good old days of college in NYC, I just spritz it on.

on 1/3/2007 11:35:00 PM

I've been wearing White Musk off and on for 10 years and now I'm addicted again. Everytime I wear it I get complements. I layer the scent by using the body wash, lotion and perfume oil. The scent of the oil really does last all day. I do find that in the packaging the different mediums hold the scent differently, but on they all smell the same. The quality really is amazing.

on 12/26/2006 1:14:00 AM

they have revamped the packaging to this beautiful scent!!! it's pretty to look at now! and the new parfum is wonderful,i also spray it on my wet hair before i blow dry for all day freshness!!!

on 11/21/2006 8:17:00 AM

I wore White Musk in the 80's and occasionally come back to it for a change of pace from my usual heady Chanels. Although for something with a touch of musk I still prefer the more elegant Lacoste Pour Femme. Test this before you buy because it works on individual chemistry, and your experience will be either heaven or 'eau de sweat'. The perfume oil layered over lotion is more long lasting than the EDT. If you enjoy the Body Shop scents, the pricepoint is great for what you get.

on 11/3/2006 11:58:00 PM

After using Heaven by GAP in middle school and high school, I somehow gravitated to this.. I was introduced to it inadvertently - I actually found a small bottle of the hand lotion at my French host family's house - it had been left by the girl who'd stayed in my room the year before. I was hooked from then on - my brother bought me the body spray, lotion, and shower gel, and then I eventually bought the eau de toilette - and continue to buy it to this day! I'm sure past boyfriends of mine, particularly the one in France and the ones the next year at school, would think of me if they smelled it again - they all seemed to like it! As for me, I feel like White Musk is to me what L'Air du Temps is to my mom. (love that too, by the way)

on 9/26/2006 1:03:00 PM

I hate the whole line. It's not a bad smell, but it's so common and gross!
You can smell it everywhere. It's supposed to be clean and sexy. It's just very artificial powdery musk. Try Narciso Rodriguez for a good (chemical), subtle yet sexy and more airy musk.

Popular Fragrances