July 25, 2014 | 1154 users online

Fragrances - The Body Shop - White Musk Line

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/4/2007 1:16:00 PM More reviews by nechama22

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I LOVE this scent. This, along with Satsuma and Ananya, totally remind me of college. There was a girl in my dorm during my first year who wore the White Musk and she always smelled great. I went home with her for Thanksgiving and when I went to take a shower right after her, it was the White Musk smell that slapped me in the face (in a good way) when I walked into the bathroom.

Fragrances are weird because they smell wonderful on one person and then YOU put it on and it smells like vomit. My friend swore by this fragrance, so I used a bit of her shower gel and perfume, and was surprised that it smelled good on me, and I have been hooked ever since. That was 12 years ago. I am so happy the Body Shop still makes it because I love it.

This is a nice soft musk that CAN be overpowering if you put too much on, but I just spray it on BEFORE I put on clothing. I find that even without layering it with lotion and bath gel, it will last all day.

I don't wear it everyday because I like to change my fragrances depending on my mood, but when I feel a bit nostalgic for the good old days of college in NYC, I just spritz it on.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/3/2007 11:35:00 PM More reviews by Jaxappella

I've been wearing White Musk off and on for 10 years and now I'm addicted again. Everytime I wear it I get complements. I layer the scent by using the body wash, lotion and perfume oil. The scent of the oil really does last all day. I do find that in the packaging the different mediums hold the scent differently, but on they all smell the same. The quality really is amazing.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/26/2006 1:14:00 AM More reviews by joellarose

they have revamped the packaging to this beautiful scent!!! it's pretty to look at now! and the new parfum is wonderful,i also spray it on my wet hair before i blow dry for all day freshness!!!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/21/2006 8:17:00 AM More reviews by moorkitty

I wore White Musk in the 80's and occasionally come back to it for a change of pace from my usual heady Chanels. Although for something with a touch of musk I still prefer the more elegant Lacoste Pour Femme. Test this before you buy because it works on individual chemistry, and your experience will be either heaven or 'eau de sweat'. The perfume oil layered over lotion is more long lasting than the EDT. If you enjoy the Body Shop scents, the pricepoint is great for what you get.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/3/2006 11:58:00 PM More reviews by jax811

After using Heaven by GAP in middle school and high school, I somehow gravitated to this.. I was introduced to it inadvertently - I actually found a small bottle of the hand lotion at my French host family's house - it had been left by the girl who'd stayed in my room the year before. I was hooked from then on - my brother bought me the body spray, lotion, and shower gel, and then I eventually bought the eau de toilette - and continue to buy it to this day! I'm sure past boyfriends of mine, particularly the one in France and the ones the next year at school, would think of me if they smelled it again - they all seemed to like it! As for me, I feel like White Musk is to me what L'Air du Temps is to my mom. (love that too, by the way)

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/26/2006 1:03:00 PM More reviews by MellyHelly

I hate the whole line. It's not a bad smell, but it's so common and gross!
You can smell it everywhere. It's supposed to be clean and sexy. It's just very artificial powdery musk. Try Narciso Rodriguez for a good (chemical), subtle yet sexy and more airy musk.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/7/2006 11:39:00 PM More reviews by rock_lock

i was pretty disappointed with this since i love white musk scents...i bought the lotion and it came out smelling very masculine on me. it's really nice on other people though, it all comes down to body chemistry so test it out first.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/18/2006 2:35:00 AM More reviews by ClaireLily

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

One of my good friends wore this in high school and I have memories of her always smelling soft and demure. A few months ago, I sniffed this again in The Body Shop and all sorts of memories came back to me. I was also amazed at the soft, floral, musky scent. I purchased a bottle of the EDT and I have been enjoying it since then. On my skin, this smells like a crystalline, clean, soft yet sexy fragrance. It isnít sexy in the same way jasmine is. To me, jasmine screams ďsexĒ! White Musk is sexy in a way that draws people closer, It smells like early morning skin and flannel pajamas. I think this fits any and all occasions but I particularly like to wear this to bed and on cloudy days. Iím not sure why, but this fragrance works very well in that weather- it works with the clouds and melancholy instead of against it. I will repurchase without a doubt. This is a gem of a fragrance. 5 stars.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/14/2006 8:39:00 PM More reviews by HeatherNicoleC

Age: Unknown Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is one of my favorite scents of all time. Very warm and sexy.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/5/2006 3:10:00 PM More reviews by jamejame

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Another scent that smells like absolute heaven on other women and truly nasty on me. I'm beginning to dislike you people, I really am. :)