August 1, 2014 | 1047 users online

Eyeliner - MAC - Powersurge Eye Kohl

rated 5 of 5 on 1/13/2006 12:52:00 PM More reviews by Karen1977

DESCRIPTION OF ME - Hair is long, fine, naturally very curly, Bottle red-brunette...Medium Reddish Brown.

Eyes are blue-grey-green naturally.

Skin is medium-light NC25. Skin type is combination, prone to occasional sensitivity.

Personal style is *usually* classic/natural, drawn to pinks, browns, and golds. Perfumes normally preferred are classics...mostly spicy florals or orientals.

PACKAGING -
Regular pencil application that you must sharpen. Not automatic.

COLOR -
Golden bronzed-brown with golden shimmer. *SO* gorgeous that I can't get over it!

TEXTURE -
Soft, goes on easily. Blends easily with finger or brush. Does not smudge on me once applied(though I don't rub my eyes).

USAGE/APPLICATION -
Use as you would any eyeliner.

This looks STUNNING by itself OR with Amber Lights e/s... but truth be told, has looked great with anything I've tried.

LASTING POWER -
Excellent. lasts all day, no smudging.

OVERALL/BUY AGAIN? -
My only problem with this is that I very much prefer automatic liners. I hate sharpening eye pencils with a passion. I would normally subtract a lippie for that, but this colour is WAY too beautiful and flattering to ever degrade simply for packaging.

This has to be my all-time favourite eyeliner! So pretty! Perfect!
continued >>

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/10/2005 5:41:00 PM More reviews by pikescat

I received this in a swap and simply love it! The color is a brown with a golden sheen when applied on my lids and that staying power is excellent for a kohl. I normally don't use mac's kohls on my bottom rims as they tend to smudge after a while and leave me with raccoon eyes. However, I was putting this on before going to the movies and went ahead and applied it on both my upper and lower rims. I ended up bawling though the latter half of the film and was sure I'd have major raccoon eyes when I emerged from the theater. Boy, was I amazed when I saw that my liner was still in place and looked good as new!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/28/2005 1:40:00 PM More reviews by sarahbella1012

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I bought this goldish-taupe (beautiful!) liner to replace an eyeliner that L'Oreal used to make called Silver Stone. I never line underneath the eyes typically but this allows me to do so without looking like a clown. I also use it along the lashline for a natural look on days when I don't feel like bothering with much make-up. It can also be used *above* or over a thin line of gel liner (in a darker color) for a smokey eye look without too harsh an effect. I love the eye kohls because they are virtually goof proof and this one is so versatile! Will continue to repurchase. (NW20 with hazel eyes for reference)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/20/2005 8:58:00 PM More reviews by banana_008

When I rim this dark gold eyeliner around my upper and lower lashlines my eyes look smouldering without the heavy or harsh look of black eyeliner. This colour is perfect for an uber subtle daytime smokey eye. Since the colour is so light and smudgey I can apply it as thickly as I want and I don't have to worry about walking out the door in the morning with crooked eyeliner.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/20/2005 5:00:00 PM More reviews by sara09

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really wanted to love this e/l, and this golden shimmering shade is really gorgeous: unfortunately, it doesn't show up on my pale skin as much as I wanted. Guess it would suit darker gals perfectly. Quality and staying power are excellent as other Mac khols, I just wish it were a bit darker. For reference, I'm NW 15, brown eyes.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/22/2005 12:17:00 AM More reviews by msdi2u

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I NEVER would have given this pencil a second look if it hadn't been for the wonderful girls of MUA!!!
Looking at this in the store, this pencil would have been "too gold" or simply "too light" for my taste. As I'm sure it was, becuz I have plenty of MAC eye pencils (all varieties, PowerPoints, Kohls, pencils, etc.), but I never had this one in my collection. Not until earlier this past week, after reading the rave reviews here on this one- I had to go out and get it! And that is exactly what I did! ;o) Well, I am so thrilled with this pencil, I have been wearing it EVERY SINGLE DAY! I like it under my eyes, becuz as another MUA reviewer similarly commented: '...Once you hit the big 4-0, anything too dark under the eyes only seems to bring out the shadows.' [Unfortunately, how true.] I've been trying to find a nice 'undereye' color for quite some time now... and Powersurge is IT! LOVE IT! I also want to try it on the upper lid as an e/s as a few others suggested... all in good time. Right now, I am so thrilled that I have found this beautiful pencil that looks so darn nice under my eyes! What a wonderful color! Thank you, MUA gals!!! :o) continued >>

rated 4 of 5 on 8/1/2005 2:23:00 PM More reviews by sweeettart579

When I first bought Powersurge, I got it home, tried it out, and hated it. I guess I was used to my usual Teddy or plum liner and didn't like the sublty of powersurge. However, once I found the right way to use this, I LOVED IT. Powersurge doesn't match a lot of eyeshadows, so you either a.) have to smudge it all over to make it its own eyeshadow, or b.) line your eyes with it and not wear any e/s for a beauitful natural enhancer when you don't feel like wearing much makeup. Makes my brown eyes pop. Good stuff.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/5/2005 4:40:00 PM More reviews by Sissi

Powersurge looks great if used to line the inner rim of the eye. It makes my eyes look defined yet soft. I am MAC NC20 with greenish eyes.
I also wear it on the upper lid but it tends to smudge a bit (well, kohls are supposed to smudge). I would definitely repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/27/2005 3:23:00 AM More reviews by 01234

Love this. Powersurge is my almost daily eyeliner. Looks good with anything, it's perfect. It puts a sparkly gold around my eyes and brings out the blue in them.

UPDATE- started using this stuff again. still love the hell out of it. :)

UPDATE- still love this, 6 years later. Never disappoints.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/4/2005 9:21:00 PM More reviews by archangeli

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is a gorgeous pencil - the color is a metallic bronze-olive that pairs incredibly with Woodwinked, Greensmoke, Sumptuous Olive, Honesty... the list goes on! Whenever I wear this on my eyes people tell me that my eyes look "bright." This pencil lasts all day without smudging.