October 20, 2014 | 1953 users online

Cleansers - Shiseido - The Skincare Extra Gentle Cleansing Foam

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/20/2010 5:22:00 PM More reviews by loriyu

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is my everyday cleanser. I used to have bad acne, but it's not bad now, but I always have a couple small pimples on my face. I used to only use acne cleansers, but I gave this a shot and this has worked better than any other cleanser I've used (including Pureness, which I believe is for acne). This is part of my everyday regimen and I'll use St Ive's apricot scrub to exfoliate and it works well in keeping me skin relatively clear.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/9/2010 12:46:00 AM More reviews by Misha32

For the winter I switch from a gel cleanser to a foam or lotion cleanser so that my skin doesn't get too dry. My friend had this at her house and I used it a few times and liked it enough to buy a tube for myself. It's kind of expensive, it's thirty something dollars.

It cleanses my face well but it doesn't remove all my eye makeup, I still have to use a separate makeup remover. Even with that said, I feel like it cleans my skin thoroughly. When I use a toner afterwards there isn't any leftover grime. If I could've, I would rate this a 3.5.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/25/2009 3:13:00 PM More reviews by slee16

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I have acne prone skin that dries out with most cleansers but this cleanser works like magic. It removes make up surprisingly well, and my skin doesn't feel tight afterwards. The best thing about this product is that it has worked wonders with my acne - my face has never been this smooth and blemish free.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/4/2009 11:22:00 PM More reviews by mulhollanddrive

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have been using this cleanser for about 3 years now. It is one of my favorite products ever. The price is ok, a little lasts a long time, I only use about a double pea-size amount. It is super gentle, yet removes makeup easily. (I do use Shu Umera's White Recovery EX in the pm before applying this.) My skin feels clean and soft afterwards. This is a winner!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/7/2009 1:02:00 PM More reviews by kunbi

I like this cleanser a lot. It's very gentle and doesn't leave my skin feeling dry and too tight like some other cleaners do. It feels very nice on the skin.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/4/2009 7:18:00 PM More reviews by ccjcjl

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I bought the cleanser, toner, and lotion from this line. I have acne-prone combo skin. I usually get pimples and blackheads, and occasionally get cysts. The Shiseido SA recommended this for use during the winter. I've used up the tube that came in the set as well as a few sample tubes that were lying around.

This is a basic cleanser. It doesn't take off most of my foundation, powder, or concealer. It doesn't have an overpowering fragrance: the scent is "softer" than the Pureness cleanser from Shiseido. This can be drying at times. I tested this out on my arm, which is really sensitive to dryness, and wow, it felt like Tin Man's arm. I seemed like there was a dry-touch "film" that dried up on my arm and that whenever I moved my elbow, that film would "crack." Very strange.

You need a separate makeup remover with this product, even if you don't use mineral makeup. I can still SEE foundation on my skin after gently rubbing this into my wet skin and rinsing it off.

The lotion from this skincare line (the one with sunscreen) made me break out. I'm sensitive to most/all sunscreens and can't use Shiseido's sunscreen cream for the same reason.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/14/2009 5:54:00 PM More reviews by kotsiros

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

Creamy, gentle, non drying...a classic for many reasons and one of the best cleansers for any skin type.Been using for 4 years and it keeps going strong.Love it.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/3/2009 8:13:00 PM More reviews by websterboy20

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I surprised there aren't more reviews for this! This is my PM cleanser, the one I count on to remove all of my makeup, which I wear pretty much every day. I first use a cleansing oil, in this case, the La Mer Cleansing Fluid. After that is when I applying this product. A pea size in the palm of your hand, combined with a little bit of water, is all you need. It's really best just to apply this with your hands; I've tried using the brush that Shiseido sells, as well as a washcloth, but I don't feel the product lathers as well if you do it that way. This product is indeed gentle, and it leaves the skin feeling crisp like most cleansing foams, but not horribly tight and dry. Packaging is in a leak proof tube, and the price is very reasonable considering one tube lasts close to a year. Probably the best thing about this product is how it does not interact poorly with other products, such as my cleansing oil, toner, moisturizer, etc... Highly recommended!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/30/2009 4:43:00 AM More reviews by linrainb

I love this cleanser. It's so gentle and also cleans your skin very well. It's one of the best cleansing products I have ever tried. By the way, it also removes light makeup. Just hope it can be cheaper. haha

rated 4 of 5 on 7/8/2009 5:26:00 AM More reviews by erika_let

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

A gentle cleanser which cleans the skin without over-drying. Has a nice mild fragrance. This cleans ok but did nothing to improve my skin, though. However, if you're looking for a gentle, foaming cleanser, go get this one. I'd much prefer Dermalogica's Dermal Clay Cleanser as I don't like foaming cleansers.