April 20, 2014 | 1521 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Milk of Magnesia

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 1/23/2011 12:39:00 PM More reviews by adidaisy012

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I use milk of magnesia as a primer, in conjunction with the CG Clean Oil control foundation. Ive only used it for one day, but I am 100% converted. The product wasn't meant for the way I am using it, so I can't complain about the packaging. The bottle that I bought came with a cup, so I just pour a little in the cup and swipe it on my face with a cotton ball. The rest pours easily back into the bottle too! I love this. I am thrilled that something FINALLY controls my oil!!! I have tried everything from masks to astringents to toners, and nothing put so much of a dent in the end. The price is right, and my foundation glides on smooth as can be. LOVE IT!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/20/2011 8:22:00 PM More reviews by RicheleBarbie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This works great if you use it correctly. It takes a few trys to get the perfect amount & way to apply it. I prefer to put this on first then primer then foundation & that seems to last me all day at school (8hrs) I've tried this without primer & it dried out my face like crazy & I've tried it on top of foundation & that doesn't work well for me at all. You just need to test it out & this product works wonder =). they should develop a makeup addition with a dropper

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/20/2011 4:44:00 PM More reviews by Astarael

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I had such high hopes for this. My skin is crazy oily. However it didn't seem to help. I am going to try it again a few more times just to be sure but so far I'm soooo disappointed.

Fyi to the reviewer below: Toilet paper is better than nothing but it doesn't soak up oil nearly as well as (good) blotting sheets do. I've tested this by using blot sheets after toilet paper; there was still a lot of oil left over.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/20/2011 11:58:00 AM More reviews by tdowens

Now that I have been using this as a primer, I no longer worry about checking my makeup throughout the day. It has given me the confidence of knowing that my makeup is fabulous from start to finish of my day!!! I am telling you that is a great feeling and such a sense of relief!!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/20/2010 12:11:00 AM More reviews by LittleViolet

I have been trying this in several different ways...in the summer I used it all over, dabbed on with a cotton ball. Worked great. Fall came, it began to look a bit streaky/white (temperatures were getting lower, so maybe I didn't have enough oil to keep it transparent!).

I now only use this for special events or as an overnight mask once a week or less. If you get a breakout anywhere on your body, this is also good to use rather than benzoyl peroxide, say, on your chest because it won't bleach your clothing. I use it probably once a month right now in the winter time.

I have read all of the warning reviews about MoM on MA and I would suggest you do too if you are new to this product! The high basic quality of it is a bit intimidating, and the post about Mg(HO)2 building up in your skin over time was a bit freaky.

I haven't looked in to all the claims about this product yet, but I agree that it works to control oil. I just don't want there to be any weird health risks that bite us in the bum later.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/1/2010 10:59:00 PM More reviews by MsCherry

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Other Eyes: Hazel

I've been using this for my oily skin, I put it on under my makeup & it's worked wonders for me!

rated 1 of 5 on 10/14/2010 1:02:00 PM More reviews by kaaaching

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

i heard such good things about this product but it didnt work for me didnt reduce my oil nor did it make my makeup long lasting if anything it made it last more less than it would without the milk of magnesia plus it made my makeup all ehhh no .

rated 5 of 5 on 10/3/2010 11:41:00 PM More reviews by Caramelatte

Age: Unknown Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Neutral Hair: Other, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Miracle in a bottle. I have SUPER SUPER OILY SKIN. Mainly my t-zone. Nothing had worked to combat the oil and keep makeup in place. I have been embarrassed on so many occasions after catching a glimpse of myself in the mirror and seeing I am a big grease ball and my makeup has melted off.

I happen to come across reviews of MoM right here on makeup alley and l literally hoped in my car at 10:30 at night and went to Walgreens to pick up a bottle of Phillips. Yes, I was THAT desperate. That evening made a MoM mask. The next day I began using it as a primer. It has been about five days and my makeup has stayed put and my face does not get oily. This stuff works miracles!!! I attended an outside rehearsal dinner and an outdoor wedding this weekend in TEXAS and my makeup was flawless when I came back to the hotel room!!!!!!

If you have oily skin, go get you some MoM. Great as a oil controlling mask and/or a makeup primer. I would not recommend MoM for those who do not have oily skin. I think it would be quite drying. MoM dries up the oil. It even dried up some acne I had developed over the last month better than benzoyl peroxide of salicylic acid.

MoM is my HG primer :-)

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 9/14/2010 1:22:00 PM More reviews by kboogie

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

It's my turn to give my review! When I say my skin is SUPER OILY!! that is an understatement seriously. I have tried to use this product several times (with a brush, cotton ball, fingers etc...) and still the oil manages to come through.

I personally don't think it's safe to use long term after reading about the Ph balance level etc.... Anyway mixing my 2 current foundation (Maybelline Superstay and Revlon Colorstay) and buffing it in really good and following up with Revlon MIneral finishing powder I am noticing my skin isn't as oily and I don't have to blot as much through out the day.

Speaking of blotting, why are people investing in blotting paper? I simply use a kleenex and lightly blot, does the same thing.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/29/2010 12:49:00 PM More reviews by creampuff7

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

MoM does the work well by sucking the facial juices. However, it made my face, after having put on maybelline mineral foundation and dream matte powder, look like it had been through an acupuncture by a thousand needles!!! All my pores were readily visible. I didn't want to look any one in the eye, i was so embarrased. Otherwise, i would cont. using it. It certainly does a good job on absorbing the oils and sweat.