December 22, 2014 | 1754 users online

Foundations - Chanel - Pro Lumiere Professional Finish Make-Up ] [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/27/2010 11:50:00 PM More reviews by ns4487

This foundation was ok, but didnt blow me away. After hearing so many fantastic things about it, I took the plunge and tried it. The SA put tient innocence on one cheek, and pro lumiere on the other, and i found the coverage of PL to be a little heavy. I suppose I was looking for something that was a little sheerer and didnt feel so heavy. Not sure if you can avoid this by applying it more sparingly. For the price and what I had heard, I was half expecting to look at myself and see a miracle, but it didnt look much better than most other drugstore brands I have tried. My search for my HG foundation continues...

rated 3 of 5 on 8/26/2010 11:23:00 AM More reviews by aryanaa

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This foundation has great packaging, i love it! Its smells lovely and fresh (but I know some people may not like the smell) However Im not extremely happy with the actual product. Sometimes it looks really good, flawless that I receive lots of compliments and sometimes it doesnt, and ends up making me look abit grey. Even after having primer, and setting powder it doesnt last that long. At the moment Im trying out different primers and setting powder, hopefully I can make this product always work for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/22/2010 5:20:00 PM More reviews by beautysurvivor

One of the best foundations I've ever used. Many reviewers don't like this foundation and say it's oily, etc... I don't find it particularly oilier at all. I love this. It's very thin, but the coverage is really good. I barely use a pump and still have foundation left over. I use a foundation brush to apply this. The shades are also beautiful. Lot's of natural, yellow-based tones. I think this is the best color match for my skin. I would describe the finish as supple, skin-like, and flawless. Favourite foundation so far.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/18/2010 7:24:00 PM More reviews by skylab

I haven't done a review for ages...but felt positive about this product...
I have purchased this before in Clair no.20 - but for winter decided that was a little too dark, & opted for Limpide no.10..And I'm very happy with the decision...it works well for me, and although it gets a bit shiny by the end of the day, the colour is perfect..and using a dab of powder does help..
It was a toss up between the Chanel & EL Double Wear, but found the DW too matte..
And for under the eyes - I mix this with a drop of brightener, and pat around the eyes.. - and this also works well...

rated 3 of 5 on 8/10/2010 6:16:00 PM More reviews by Shellson

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I would not recommend this for every day use as it just does not look natural and the price does not justify a product that will only be "kind of" useful under specific, limited lighting conditions.

Since I bought it and am stuck with it I have to brainstorm some bang for my buck; I plan to use this crappy foundation for portrait photographs only under dim/soft lighting conditions. Flash/harsh lighting tends to make this foundation make the face look oily rather than smooth or with a satin finish.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/5/2010 9:51:00 AM More reviews by JunkieXL

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

Despite the price this is one of the best foundations I have ever tried. I use a light shade (I guess it's Intensity 1.0 Clair) and it goes on like a dream. It's easy to blend and doesn't leave any weird patches like some other foundations do. Stays on very well and leaves my skin looking fresh without being oily. The coverage is medium, which is good enough for me. I have some small blemishes and a few acne scars to hide and this foundation covers them enough to make them look almost invisible. I like the chic packaging and the pump; it dispenses just enough to cover your face and a little extra for concealing blemishes.
But, let's be honest, the price is ridiculous. It's a good foundation but I would've never spent so much on it if I didn't have a gift voucher to cover for most of the cost. Definitely a good foundation but a think you can find one just as good in a lower price range.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/2/2010 8:11:00 PM More reviews by rlhamrick

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I loooooooove Chanel! It makes me feel so elegant! This foundation is good but maybe a bit heavy? not breaking me out and I'm loving the SPF protection and it's pretty, but maybe could use something a bit lighter and not so thick where I feel like I'm wearning a bunch of makeup? Really want to try Giorgio Armani's Lasting Silk with SPF 20.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/30/2010 4:46:00 PM More reviews by bimbariccia

I was expecting great things from this foundation having read about it online and in magazines and also from seeing the pixiwoo sisters use it frequently in their videos on youtube. I bought it in shade 20 which for my pale olive skin was a good match, but I have to say that I was totally underwhelmed and quite disappointed. It's highly pigmented but the texture is just strange once it's on the face, almost waxy looking. Even if I apply a small amount and blend like crazy, I still feel like I have a face full of slap, and it kind of makes me look tired. I definitely do not look better when I wear this and have to use other products to put some life into my skin. I've tried using a foundation brush too, and that just gives a heavier coverage. I found I really had to blend it loads to make it look natural. I guess it all comes down to expectation and personal preference, it looks like lots of people love it. I just prefer a lighter feeling /looking foundation. Maybe it will work better on my skin in winter.... well I hope, otherwise that's the best part of £30 down the drain.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/20/2010 8:15:00 AM More reviews by prettycunning

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

The lightest shade (Limpide) is way too dark and yellow for my pale skin. Pale skin ladies - avoid!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/7/2010 12:46:00 PM More reviews by roxymackay

Pro Lumiére is a fantastic product. However sometimes it looks amazing and sometimes it looks not so good. I have read some similar reveiws saying the same. I can put this on somedays and it looks flawless (I usually use Poudre Universelle Libre to set) but other days it looks cakey and too dark. Strange, I know.